Baylor preparing to surrender to the LBGBT movement?

77,478 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whiterock
Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Florda_mike said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

Justice - the right to marry and be ordained
Come on man, answer the question: when did you preach you first sermon calling for gay marriage? Why are you avoiding it? If you have never preached, fair enough, but just say that.

Crickets are most likely all we'll hear from Waco
The lack of self awareness from this guy is pretty amazing. He lectures us on myriad threads on his unique enlightenment and civility but constantly reverts to name calling and avoidance when he cannot respond with plagiarized Talking Points. He, Dave, and Jinx might quite the Three Muskateers.
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

You can almost marry anyone you want so.....what's your point again?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
xiledinok
Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

Do you all think Homecoming attendance will be at an All time high after Baylor announces they will allow LBGTQ group on campus? Could folks Baylor hasn't seen since graduation come back for the big announcement?

^^^ Stirs the pot
There's a Pro Texana part of Baylor and memberships in national organizations that bring more money and value than a donor who only donates to Baylor on Baptist religious principals. Those type of donors are looking for a fundamentalist college to donate. Baylor has never served that purpose.

I think you are posting to stir the pot. When you are going to enroll in Baylor and actually attend a class since you think you have a voice?
fadskier
xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

Do you all think Homecoming attendance will be at an All time high after Baylor announces they will allow LBGTQ group on campus? Could folks Baylor hasn't seen since graduation come back for the big announcement?

^^^ Stirs the pot
There's a Pro Texana part of Baylor and memberships in national organizations that bring more money and value than a donor who only donates to Baylor on Baptist religious principals. Those type of donors are looking for a fundamentalist college to donate. Baylor has never served that purpose.

I think you are posting to stir the pot. When you are going to enroll in Baylor and actually attend a class since you think you have a voice?
As a alumni of Baylor (class of 87) I do not agree that only current and former students have voices. I appreciate any and all that support Baylor. People choose to attend and/or support Baylor.
LIB,MR BEARS
xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

X, maybe this should be for another thread but, can you give me YOUR definition of principles? If so, do your principles override a balance sheet or does the balance sheet override principles?
This question is about you and your views, not CAB, BU, BSU, BOR, Stidham, the DAs office etc...
Waco1947
Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

Come on man, answer the question: when did you preach you first sermon calling for gay marriage? Why are you avoiding it? If you have never preached, fair enough, but just say that.

I have never preached for it. My job is to share the good news of Jesus Christ. I have mentioned God does not discriminate in God's love or justice.
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

I have never preached for it. My job is to share the good news of Jesus Christ. I have mentioned God does not discriminate in God's love or justice.

Except for the unborn...you're pretty clear on their lack of justice.
tcbear
The Board nailed it with today's statement. Really proud they had the courage and conviction to stand for God's Word. A great balance between showing compassion towards your fellow man regardless of their sin and God's clearly defined description of sexual intimacy.

The Board and Dr. Livingstone deserve congratulations. Now let's see if the haters will show them the same tolerance and compassion.
D. C. Bear
tcbear said:

The Board nailed it with today's statement. Really proud they had the courage and conviction to stand for God's Word. A great balance between showing compassion towards your fellow man regardless of their sin and God's clearly defined description of sexual intimacy.

The Board and Dr. Livingstone deserve congratulations. Now let's see if the haters will show them the same tolerance and compassion.
You don't have to wait and see to know they will be condemned by advocates for their statement.
57Bear
Human Sexuality at Baylor University

August 27, 2019

https://www.baylor.edu/president/news.php?action=story&story=212249

YoakDaddy
tcbear said:

What statement? Link?

Never mind. Found it. I like the actual Statement, but Livingstone's statement was PC bull crap.
57Bear
Link to actual statement???
D. C. Bear
57Bear said:

Link to actual statement???

Y'all posted virtually simultaneously.
Oldbear83
YoakDaddy said:

tcbear said:

What statement? Link?

Never mind. Found it. I like the actual Statement, but Livingstone's statement was PC bull crap.
Interesting phrase about "conversations", since only one side gets heard these days.
Forest Bueller
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

It is not "certainly unclear" how the bible addresses people who are born homosexual. In fact, it is abundantly clear in Scripture that we are all born with a sin nature. The fact that we all have a propensity to sin does not mean our sin ceases to be sin.

How we battle against our sin nature via reliance on the Lord is what matters.

You have swallowed the false logic of the gay lobby hook, line, and sinker.

True we are all born to sin but homosexuality is not a sin. The Bible only knows homosexual behavior and only in the most idolatrous since - temple prostitution and the Roman and Greek party scene.
Those are abhorrent. Homosexual behavior anal and oral sex outside of marriage is wrong just like for heterosexuals but, like straights, anal and oral sex are ok.
And no Mark is about divorce not the marriage of one and one woman. The Pharisees begin the discussion with a question divorce a man and woman so naturally Jesus answers that question.

Once again 47 demonstrates:
- He still doesn't know how to use the quote function;
- His failure of reading comprehension skills in light of Romans 1:24-32; and
- His misunderstanding that before there is a divorce, there must be a marriage...between a man and a woman. Irrelevant comment The Pharisees specifically ask about "man and woman." Jesus answered accordingly. You cannot deny it.

I pray for your former congregants that they someday receive the correct teaching.
"Correct teaching" is tainted by your upbringing. You were raised homophobic. I can't help that part of you.
Romans 1: 24-32 is clearly idolatry not homosexuality.

Come on Waco, you CAN use the quote function properly! Try it.
Florda_mike
Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

It is not "certainly unclear" how the bible addresses people who are born homosexual. In fact, it is abundantly clear in Scripture that we are all born with a sin nature. The fact that we all have a propensity to sin does not mean our sin ceases to be sin.

True we are all born to sin but homosexuality is not a sin. The Bible only knows homosexual behavior and only in the most idolatrous since - temple prostitution and the Roman and Greek party scene.
Those are abhorrent. Homosexual behavior anal and oral sex outside of marriage is wrong just like for heterosexuals but, like straights, anal and oral sex are ok.
And no Mark is about divorce not the marriage of one and one woman. The Pharisees begin the discussion with a question divorce a man and woman so naturally Jesus answers that question.

- His misunderstanding that before there is a divorce, there must be a marriage...between a man and a woman. Irrelevant comment The Pharisees specifically ask about "man and woman." Jesus answered accordingly. You cannot deny it.

I pray for your former congregants that they someday receive the correct teaching.
"Correct teaching" is tainted by your upbringing. You were raised homophobic. I can't help that part of you.

No he can't
LIB,MR BEARS
cinque
Florda_mike said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

No he can't
Chuckle. He graduated.
Florda_mike
cinque said:

Florda_mike said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

No he can't
Chuckle. He graduated.

Sure thing, puppet. How's your puppetmasters?
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

I'd ask you to explain how Romans 1:26-27 doesn't describe homosexuality as sinful, but you obviously cannot read AND comprehend. I'll quote it here for your future reference.

Romans 1: "26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

You are a false teacher that has zero business being in the ministry.
xiledinok
LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

X, maybe this should be for another thread but, can you give me YOUR definition of principles? If so, do your principles override a balance sheet or does the balance sheet override principles?
This question is about you and your views, not CAB, BU, BSU, BOR, Stidham, the DAs office etc...
Why would you even try to questions someone's principles by bringing up their views on CAB? BOR? DA office? A football transfer with a big ego?

Once you understand Baylor is in the school business, not the church business, you will understand why they are doing it.
LIB,MR BEARS
xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

Why would you even try to questions someone's principles by bringing up their views on CAB? BOR? DA office? A football transfer with a big ego?

Once you understand Baylor is in the school business, not the church business, you will understand why they are doing it.

You could have simply said "I choose not to answer."
Waco1947
As Matthew 25 reminds us ----Jesus in is every outcast and child. He ate with sinners, prostitutes, tax collectors and other outcasts.
He loved them all. He welcomed them all. Regardless of your personal morals, I think Jesus would welcome the LGBTQ community with open arms.
I don't believe being gay or homosexual behavior in marriage is a sin. But even if you do why exclude those Jesus would accept. You could always work to "save" them. Although you will do more harm than good.
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

As Matthew 25 reminds us ----Jesus in is every outcast and child. He ate with sinners, prostitutes, tax collectors and other outcasts.
He loved them all. He welcomed them all. Regardless of your personal morals, I think Jesus would welcome the LGBTQ community with open arms.
I don't believe being gay or homosexual behavior in marriage is a sin. But even if you do why exclude those Jesus would accept. You could always work to "save" them. Although you will do more harm than good.

Nobody is saying that Jesus wouldn't love gays or would exclude gays anymore than He would anyone else. We are called to love one another, but we are not called to accept and normalize sin as part of demonstrating that love.
xiledinok
LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

It's all about giving you the answer you do not want to read. I'm not going to feed you a Biblical reasoning to exclude. It won't work at a major school.
Do you normally walk out of restaurants, public places or anywhere people breathe if you encounter a gay and lesbian?
Kyle
YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Nobody is saying that Jesus wouldn't love gays or would exclude gays anymore than He would anyone else. We are called to love one another, but we are not called to accept and normalize sin as part of demonstrating that love.
We could have meaningful conversations and find understanding if folks realized there are many points on the spectrum between disagreeing with the Culture of a particular theology and being "anti-" or "-ist." I would welcome gays in Christian fellowship - that does not mean I want to subvert the Church to the whims of the Culture or have big gay rainbow flags in front of the Church ... especially tragic since the rainbow is a sacred Judeo-Christian symbol, and nothing speaks to the Church surrendering to the Culture like given the rainbow to a special secular special interest group.
LIB,MR BEARS
xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

It's all about giving you the answer you do not want to read. I'm not going to feed you a Biblical reasoning to exclude. It won't work at a major school.
Do you normally walk out of restaurants, public places or anywhere people breathe if you encounter a gay and lesbian?
Why would I walk away from someone because their sin is different from my sin?

We are all sinners. We are not all required to have the same sin.

Jesus said "Go, and sin no more." He said nothing about redefining sin.

This is why I asked about your principles. At some point you will be or have been put into a position where you have to decide whether or not to go against your principles. Is fudging billable hours the same as stealing? Is being purposefully misleading the same as a lie? Should people expect you to stand by your principles. Should people expect a Baptist University to stand by theirs?
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

No one is saying exclude them. No one is saying don't love them. Are you saying that for a gay person to be saved through Jesus does more harm than good? Are you sure you're a pastor of a CHRISTIAN church?
xiledinok
LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

This is why I asked about your principles. At some point you will be or have been put into a position where you have to decide whether or not to go against your principles. Is fudging billable hours the same as stealing? Is being purposefully misleading the same as a lie? Should people expect you to stand by your principles. Should people expect a Baptist University to stand by theirs?

The Baptist University should do whatever is best for the school. If the Big 12 or big accreditation says do it, then sign those gays up. Baylor is a school. Not everyone is going to Baylor to live by the Baptist Standard.
Sam Lowry
xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

The Baptist University should do whatever is best for the school. If the Big 12 or big accreditation says do it, then sign those gays up. Baylor is a school. Not everyone is going to Baylor to live by the Baptist Standard.

Repugnant, but honest. We can always use more of that.
LIB,MR BEARS
xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

So, if I'm reading you correctly, money/status/ranking ahead of principles? Is that correct?
xiledinok
LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

So, if I'm reading you correctly, money/status/ranking ahead of principles? Is that correct?

The school is in the school business. I have no issues with the recognizing them.
Unfortunately for the super Baptist, Baylor is conservative but not really for the religious super Baptist.
LIB,MR BEARS
xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

The school is in the school business. I have no issues with the recognizing them.
Unfortunately for the super Baptist, Baylor is conservative but not really for the religious super Baptist.

Im sure you intended a point with this statement, I just don't see it.

If I go to English class, I can expect to be taught within the standard rules of English. Physics class teaches physics. The adjective before the noun speaks of the noun. It tells me what type of class. It works the same way with a religiously affiliated school up to the point they sacrifice their principles. At that point, the adjective doesn't matter.
Sam Lowry
xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

Well, so much for the honest part. You're redefining traditional Baptist beliefs as fundamentalist and saying Baylor has never been fundamentalist. But by your definition, Baylor has always been fundamentalist.
YoakDaddy
xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

^^^ Stirs the pot

And the opposite is also true...those students or alumni who don't like the Pro Ecclesia part have other educational choices they can attend and support.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.