Baylor preparing to surrender to the LBGBT movement?

76,487 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whiterock
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

Glad you took a break from posting for 14 hours

On the phone. The Cabers on the football board are on suicide watch. Their dreams are fading. All they have left is a down and out 3A high school coach trying to rebuild himself on Title IX (it's the only Roman numeral he knows). Gotta get off at 3:20. I hope they bang on their keyboard (with their noggins).

^^^ Don't do drugs kiddies ^^^
xiledinok
Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

Glad you took a break from posting for 14 hours

On the phone. The Cabers on the football board are on suicide watch. Their dreams are fading. All they have left is a down and out 3A high school coach trying to rebuild himself on Title IX (it's the only Roman numeral he knows). Gotta get off at 3:20. I hope they bang on their keyboard (with their noggins).

^^^ Don't do drugs kiddies ^^^

Kids, remember from the poster above, stupid people are breeding. Pick and choose wisely, you could become related to this guy.
Florda_mike
We seemed to be ok til last night

Idk what happened but all the sudden it seems you gave me free rent in your head

You might want to see what you "doctor" thinks happened to you. Or psychiatrist

Idk about you
Waco1947
Stop using Sodom passage as "Biblical Proof" that "Bible is against.homosexuality
I think it is fairly easy to see that the sin was not homosexuality but rather the townspeople's violent inhospitality to strangers. I say "easy," because you don't have to look beyond the Bible to understand this. The prophet Ezekiel identified it when he wrote: "This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy." In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus also implies that Sodom was guilty of ugly inhospitality.
OsoCoreyell
Waco1947 said:

Stop using Sodom passage as "Biblical Proof" that "Bible is against.homosexuality
I think it is fairly easy to see that the sin was not homosexuality but rather the townspeople's violent inhospitality to strangers. I say "easy," because you don't have to look beyond the Bible to understand this. The prophet Ezekiel identified it when he wrote: "This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy." In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus also implies that Sodom was guilty of ugly inhospitality.
I think you have to want a certain outcome to have that approach to both Ezekiel and Genesis. The purpose of the passage in Ezekiel was to point out that Israel's sin of pride was as bad as Sodom's arrogance and pride. It was comparing a sin that Israel had with a sin that Sodom had. It wasn't to recapitulate fully Sodom's sin. It doesn't mean that Sodom was not also guilty of sexual immorality.
bearassnekkid
Waco1947 said:

Sheesh, the mental gymnastics you go through in an attempt to remove biblical prohibition of homosexual acts is exhausting to watch. And shameful.

Genesis 19:5 ("...bring out the men so we can have sex with them"), Jude 1:7 (referencing Sodom's "unnatural lust"), Ezekiel 16:50 ("abomination", "detestable"). It's abundantly clear, but apparently you want man-on-man anal sex to be endorsed and approved by God so you close your eyes and stomp your feet and pretend the Bible says something other than what it says.

Look I realize this is kind of common practice for you. You constantly re-write the Bible to make it fit what you wish it said. I can't imagine God will take kindly to you cutting and pasting His word to create a religion of your own and passing it off as Christianity . . . but you do you.

There are times, for the sake of my homosexually oriented friends and family members, that I wish they weren't prohibited from acting on those desires sexually. They have a hard road. It is a difficult sin to deny yourself of. But God's Word is God's Word.
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

Still tryin to fit the Word to your worldview I see.
Waco1947
OsoCoreyell said:

Waco1947 said:

I think you have to want a certain outcome to have that approach to both Ezekiel and Genesis. The purpose of the passage in Ezekiel was to point out that Israel's sin of pride was as bad as Sodom's arrogance and pride. It was comparing a sin that Israel had with a sin that Sodom had. It wasn't to recapitulate fully Sodom's sin. It doesn't mean that Sodom was not also guilty of sexual immorality.
Sure Sodom was guilty of sexual immorality. They threatened sexual assault and rape.
JettRink
NinjaCoco is thrilled!!!
Reporter
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

curtpenn said:

As an Episcopalian, let me just say that anytime one sees the term "Listening", it doesn't end well.
Kinda like, you should always be concerned when a sentence starts with, "Joe, I don't think you are a racist, BUT.........................................."

RD - I don't think you are a total loser but only getting 5.2% of the vote in a primary in your home county leads one to wonder. Nah. He's an adjudicated loser !!!
YoakDaddy
This thread really needs to die. Baylor has answered the question with a good l, biblical response yet weak kneed, willy-nilly pussified response that is nearly the opposite of the official position. And 47 is still a sorry a ss Methodist who can't get the God's Holy Word to fit his worldview.

BTW...I've been drinkin since 10:30 in Lake Charles. If you wanna know what I really think, let me know.

Waco1947
listened to lots of people at the margins. We owned laundries in housing projects and South Waco We fed and donated Christmas gifts to the poor in our community, but made no effort to establish real relationships with them outside of a "mission" context. "
Back in the day (60s& 70s) "Love the sinner, hate the sin" was easy to accept as a legitimate response to homosexuality because I had no gay people in my life whom I actually had to love.
Their so-called "lifestyle sin" was framed as much worse than my own greed, gluttony and pride. I didn't consider that perhaps my greatest sin was the self-centeredness blinding me from the pain of other human beings who were made in the image of God. Their value and contributions to the body of Christ were discarded by the church based on its narrow-minded interpretation of Scripture.
The church and culture lied to me..
Waco1947
"I don't even wait," Trump told the show's co-host Billy Bush. "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the *****. You can do anything."
This is THE sin and lie that is for me. Evangelicals "forgave" him ( a virtue never extended to BO). The guy is a Christian fraud and you gaslight us.
Gays on campus should not be your focus but greed, conceit, and pride are your biggest sins on campus not gays.
Florda_mike
Don't do drugs
Waco1947
Gays need Jesus. The church is open to "Just as I" says the old hymn
Hospitality is a big Jesus thing. Why should a Christian university not welcome them?
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

Hospitality is a big Jesus thing. Why should a Christian university not welcome them?
who says they are not being welcomed?

There is a difference in welcoming and sanctioning.

Jesus was welcoming to the conversation with the women at the well. He did not sanction her life-style. He said "Go, and sin no more."
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

"I don't even wait," Trump told the show's co-host Billy Bush. "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the *****. You can do anything."
This is THE sin and lie that is for me. Evangelicals "forgave" him ( a virtue never extended to BO). The guy is a Christian fraud and you gaslight us.
Gays on campus should not be your focus but greed, conceit, and pride are your biggest sins on campus not gays.
Sins are not ranked.

and once again, you bring in Trump. That guys lives in your head.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Florda_mike
fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Sins are not ranked.

and once again, you bring in Trump. That guys lives in your head.

Yep, Waco has severe TDS
xiledinok
You guys really think college business will be overridden by church business at a school?
Guy Noir
Waco1947 said:

'''
The Gay organization is making the focus to be on themselves and their behaviors. I can accept people from diverse walks of life, but I cannot in good conscious passively accept the behaviors that are being endorsed by this organization.
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Jesus was welcoming to the conversation with the women at the well. He did not sanction her life-style. He said "Go, and sin no more."
No Jesus did not say that to the woman at the well. You are confused with John 8. In fact John 8 is directed at you rule makers. "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. "

Where are your accusers? Don't see yourself in the story? Then read the text more carefully. BTW, Is that a stone in your hand?
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

No Jesus did not say that to the woman at the well. You are confused with John 8. In fact John 8 is directed at you rule makers. "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. "

Where are your accusers? Don't see yourself in the story? Then read the text more carefully. BTW, Is that a stone in your hand?
47, you're right. I did confuse my stories. Neither myself nor Joe Biden would make good Sunday school teachers the way we blend stories together. LOL

I noticed in the third paragraph of your response, you did not complete verse 11. That's the part where he tells her "...go, and sin no more."

The statement BU put out does not condemn or exclude anyone from the LGBTQ community. It also does not sanction or condone their lifestyle.

As to your "BTW,Is that a stone in your hand?" comment, is this the type of verbal stone your are refering to, "you rule makers"?

cinque
Guy Noir said:

Waco1947 said:

'''
The Gay organization is making the focus to be on themselves and their behaviors. I can accept people from diverse walks of life, but I cannot in good conscious passively accept the behaviors that are being endorsed by this organization.
I'm curious. What are those behaviors?
bearassnekkid
Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

As always, omitting the parts that don't fit with your self-made religion. Typical.
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

47, you're right. I did confuse my stories. Neither myself nor Joe Biden would make good Sunday school teachers the way we blend stories together. LOL

I noticed in the third paragraph of your response, you did not complete verse 11. That's the part where he tells her "...go, and sin no more."

The statement BU put out does not condemn or exclude anyone from the LGBTQ community. It also does not sanction or condone their lifestyle.

As to your "BTW,Is that a stone in your hand?" comment, is this the type of verbal stone your are refering to, "you rule makers"?

1. I purposely left out "Go and sin no more." Because the comment by Jesus was triggered because the accusers all melted away. They each knew their own sin so they shut up
2. Lib, Mr Bear my apologies if you have no stone in your hand with regards to LGBTQ.
3. I don't track very well who the stone throwers that are here. It I have heard them argue but scriptural interpretation and rehash old unfounded accusations of the LGBTQ community.
4. Mostly I am saying before attacking someone else's sin check your own heart and check how Jesus would handle it. John 8 days to "Woman and accusers 'Go and sin no more.'"
Now sub in any sinner you want but Jesus lets no one off the the sin hook.
(But gay sexual behavior in marriage is not a sin.)
But if you believe it is then Jesus says "Check your heart first,"
Waco1947
Waco1947
bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

As always, omitting the parts that don't fit with your self-made religion. Typical.
Of course I left out the verse so that you might focus on your sin. That was the point.
Waco1947
bearassnekkid
Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Of course I left out the verse so that you might focus on your sin. That was the point.
You left out the verse because you don't give two rips about truth. You condone sin, and you manipulate the words of the Son of God to fit your man-made religion. Who cares what it actually says, right? Just cut and paste. You are the literal definition of a False Teacher.
Waco1947
bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

You left out the verse because you don't give two rips about truth. You condone sin, and you manipulate the words of the Son of God to fit your man-made religion. Who cares what it actually says, right? Just cut and paste. You are the literal definition of a False Teacher.
No you don't to me why. I just told. You. You may disagree but you cannot read my mind.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

No Jesus did not say that to the woman at the well. You are confused with John 8. In fact John 8 is directed at you rule makers. "
Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

Jesus' action was directed to the woman as well as the Pharisees. Jesus' statement to "go and sin no more," also in John 8, was not directed at the "rule makers," as they had already left the scene. It was a charge to the woman to "go and sin no more."

As for the woman at the well, Jesus did not sanction her lifestyle, either.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

Okay.
(Checking heart....)
Yep, I'm a sinner.
Now back to homosexual behavior....yep, still a sin.
bearassnekkid
Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

No you don't to me why. I just told. You. You may disagree but you cannot read my mind.
I also can't read your words. This could barely be considered English.
StealthBear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Okay.
(Checking heart....)
Yep, I'm a sinner.

Our heart is to seek deeper oneness in Christ through our marriage.

We found the pegging route to be most successful for us.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Okay.
(Checking heart....)
Yep, I'm a sinner.
Nope you did not check your heart. You need an education. Talk to the lgbtq community
Waco1947
GrowlTowel
F ag.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Okay.
(Checking heart....)
Yep, I'm a sinner.
Nope you did not check your heart. You need an education. Talk to the lgbtq community
Weird how you give the LGBT community more say over what's a sin than you give God.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.