How Pete Buttigieg found God

8,626 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We've not known this much about the spiritual formation of a president since, well, Trump's predecessor.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/politics/pete-buttigieg-religious-journey/index.html?no-st=1566192372
Florda_mike
CNN

The most trusted name in news?

LMAO
Golem
nah
cinque
It appears Pete has a more coherent, articulable credo than most people posting in this forum.
GrowlTowel
Pretty sure he used Waco47's butt salvation therapy.
BaylorHistory
cinque said:

It appears Pete has a more coherent, articulable credo than most people posting in this forum.
I'm a big Pete fan and donor, but I would hope that any candidate would have a more "articulabe credo" than any message board poster.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Canada2017
cinque said:

Pete has zero chance to become POTUS.
riflebear
So he was recently asked to preach a sermon for the first time but neither he nor the pastor remember what it was about? Seems odd.

There is so much contradiction in this article about scripture I don't even know where to start. I would never question his faith and never will towards anyone. I hope he finds peace at some point.
cinque
BaylorHistory said:

cinque said:

I'm a big Pete fan and donor, but I would hope that any candidate would have a more "articulabe credo" than any message board poster.
Point taken
contrario
BaylorHistory said:

cinque said:

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a low bar to set.
Golem
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

True
cinque
I don't understand why Christians would be upset about a presidential candidate publicly professing belief in the Jesus Christ who provides the way to eternal life; who embraces a loving life-giving God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit and who believes the teachings of Jesus Christ, whose life, death and resurrection redeemed the world. Why would somebody like Pete placing his whole trust in Jesus be such of a bother to people who will themselves be judged by God?

If only you were this upset by unwanted kitty grabbing.
GrowlTowel
Probably because he takes it up the ass.
Mitch Blood Green
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Not zero. I can see him in the final 3 with Warren and Biden.
Florda_mike
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Pretty biased opinion
Mitch Blood Green
Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Pretty biased opinion

My bias along with his fundraising and poling leads me to believe he has a chance.

You could argue he's more attractive than Biden. He's younger and less gaff prone.
Golem
tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Pretty biased opinion

My bias along with his fundraising and poling leads me to believe he has a chance.

You could argue he's more attractive than Biden. He's younger and less gaff prone.

Only his gay husband finds him more attractive than Biden...apparently.
Florda_mike
GolemIII said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Pretty biased opinion

Isn't there even one more gay person that finds him attractive?
Mitch Blood Green
Florda_mike said:

GolemIII said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Pretty biased opinion

Isn't there even one more gay person that finds him attractive?

I find him attractive. (I don't rub my nipples to him).
Mitch Blood Green
GolemIII said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Pretty biased opinion

Do you have proof that his husband is gay?
whiterock
yes, God loves alcoholics, but I rather suspect he expects them to come to church sober.

it's not that one has sin in one's life.
it's that one should not revel in one's sin.

come to church sober.
Golem
tommie said:

GolemIII said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Pretty biased opinion

All I know is it usually includes unexpected weight loss and often ends with pneumonia.
fadskier
Again, why is it important to cinque that his president believe in God? It's sad that she doesn't have any other moral influences in her life that she has to have a president be her moral compass. The president only needs to abide by the constitution...Christian or not. The last time we had a moral compass in the white house was probably Carter and before that...????
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Florda_mike
GolemIII said:

tommie said:

GolemIII said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Pretty biased opinion

All I know is it usually includes unexpected weight loss and often ends with pneumonia.
contrario
whiterock said:

yes, God loves alcoholics, but I rather suspect he expects them to come to church sober.

come to church sober.
The church I know would want people to comes as they are, sins and flaws and all.
ScottS
What if Obama was gay and Pete Buttigieg was Muslim?
Gold Tron
contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.
The church I know would want people to comes as they are, sins and flaws and all.
Would they not try to encourage and help you fight your addictions? If you come to Church repeatedly intoxicated, I think you might not be sincere.
fadskier
ScottS said:

Well, Obama was married to someone who looked like a man, sooo...
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
whitetrash
fadskier said:

ScottS said:

Well, Obama was married to someone who looked like a man, sooo...
And Petey's spent a lot of time on all fours facing Mecca.

william
BootyFudge...........

still waiting for the ISE.

- KKM

is he wearing diapers?

PA.
Dale?
Johnny Bear
Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.
Would they not try to encourage and help you fight your addictions? If you come to Church repeatedly intoxicated, I think you might not be sincere.
Yes, God accepts us as we are - sins and flaws and all (as of course the church should as an earthly instrument of God) - but at the same time God also opposes sin and homosexuality (the lifestyle and the act) is clearly identified as sin in both the Old and New Testaments. It is no greater or lessor of a sin than any of the other things also clearly identified as sins (lying, stealing, coveting, adultery, fornication, murdering, gluttony, etc. as examples), but it is sin. I believe God definitely accepts us as we are, but also definitely doesn't want us to stay as we are (hence, the repentance part of a salvation decision) and provides divine help in that regard which becomes a work in progress for the rest of the believing Christian's life.
Canada2017
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

chuckle

Might want to get your vision checked .

Pete is a nonentity. The only thing he has got going for him is his gimmick.
curtpenn
cinque said:

I don't understand why Christians would be upset about a presidential candidate publicly professing belief in the Jesus Christ who provides the way to eternal life; who embraces a loving life-giving God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit and who believes the teachings of Jesus Christ, whose life, death and resurrection redeemed the world. Why would somebody like Pete placing his whole trust in Jesus be such of a bother to people who will themselves be judged by God?

If only you were this upset by unwanted kitty grabbing.
Probably because we see the country going in the same direction as The Episcopal Church which is filled with heresy at many levels. And I say that as an Episcopalian for over 20 years now who is deeply saddened by the depths to which the Anglican via media has been perverted.

Interesting piece. The whole Jesuit bit sort of fits in with the narrative.
contrario
Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.
That's not my place to decide. I know many Christians like to act as if they are God's judges on earth, but that isn't the case. Only one can make judgements about the actions of humans, and it's no one posting on this message board.

If a sinner continues to show up at church in sin, it seems to me that would be the one God, and us, should be most interested in helping because they are there for a reason. I'm absolutely shocked that so called Christians on here would suggest a sinner should be denied access to God's house when that is the complete opposite of what Jesus taught.
Johnny Bear
contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.
That's not my place to decide. I know many Christians like to act as if they are God's judges on earth, but that isn't the case. Only one can make judgements about the actions of humans, and it's no one posting on this message board.

If a sinner continues to show up at church in sin, it seems to me that would be the one God, and us, should be most interested in helping because they are there for a reason. I'm absolutely shocked that so called Christians on here would suggest a sinner should be denied access to God's house when that is the complete opposite of what Jesus taught.
Who is suggesting anyone should be "denied access to God's house"??
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.