the 1619 Project and the NYT vs MAGA

1,853 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by riflebear
Justin Kates
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Many of you know that I have maintained for years that the left HATES America, as founded. Well, now the NYT just came out with the 1619 Project, in which "It aims to reframe the country's history, understanding 1619 as our true founding, and placing the consequences of slavery and the contributions of black Americans at the very center of the story we tell ourselves about who we are."

This is now undeniable proof. The NYT, the leading leftist publication, hates America as founded, as does the left. They believe that we cannot be great. They believe the only way to TRULY be great, is to tear it down and start from the beginning. They believe that we are unjust. They believe that we are oppressors. The believe that we are a racist nation.

Did the NYT just discover that there's racism everywhere? Is there actual news being made that's responsible for this coverage? Or is this the selection of a direction or an agenda item that the New York Times is going to push disguised as journalism?

The NYT has shown it's colors and proven that they are political activists, not journalists. They used the Russian Hoax as their tool against a President that they did not want elected. It failed. They are agenda oriented and not news oriented. They are propagandists that will promote and spread rumors, claims and other non-verified garbage.

They are determined to turn the founding of America into a sin. I believe that they will take this garbage to the schools as well. Kids across America will read this garbage and be told that it is true.

This is all part of the effort to get rid of DJT. If the NYT thinks that for the next 15 months they will tell us how racist America is/was, they are giving DJT the White House. They are unbelievably tone deaf in understanding why DJT was elected in the first place.

They are trying to tell America that we are not exceptional. That we are not a bastion of freedom. That we are not the GREATEST nation. Go ahead and tell that to America for 15 months, while DJT continues to proclaim his message of MAGA. There is no doubt in my mind what most Americans will do. They will re-elect DJT.

-Justin Kates
Sam Lowry
Critical theory goes mainstream. What's taught in the university makes a difference in the real world.
Jack Bauer
I see Waco47 found a new job....
ABC BEAR
It's no surprise that Leftists have made the 69 font larger than the 11 font in their display. They are truly blowhards.
riflebear
This shouldn't surprise anyone. It was leaked recently by the editor of the NYTimes they screwed up and focused all their attention and motives on pushing the Russian collusion story. Now they are moving on to pushing Trump is a Racist. This isn't 'media' or news anymore, they are trying to shape the stories as they have for the past 15+ years. Only now, they don't even hide it.

It's a shame for a party who loves MLK they completely forget what he said about not focusing on the color of the skin but the content of your character. It must suck to be a radical liberal and wake up everyday being a victim and hating everyone of a different race.
ATL Bear
Historical revision run amok.
Doc Holliday
There's a really easy and effective way to beat this rhetoric.

Feed it right back to them.

The next time a white leftist tells you that everything white people have is ill-gotten...ask them to step down. Ask them to give up their privilege. Ask them to give their money away to a minority. If they say "no", call them a hypocrite.
Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday said:

The next time a white leftist tells you that everything white people have is ill-gotten...ask them to step down. Ask them to give up their privilege. Ask them to give their money away to a minority. If they say "no", call them a hypocrite.
#1 - Beto
#2 - Fauxcahontas

Bruin
Doc Holliday said:

Good idea but when you have no shame you cannot be shamed ergo they will not care.
cinque
Why am I not surprised that a retrospective on 400 years of slavery in America would trigger those who would just as soon treat the country's original sin as ahistorical.
D. C. Bear
cinque said:

Why am I not surprised that a retrospective on 400 years of slavery in America would trigger those who would just as soon treat the country's original sin as ahistorical.
1618 to 1865 is 246. Maybe a retrospective on arithmetic is in order.
cinque
D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

Well, it depends on your view of where you think the vestiges of slavery ended,
D. C. Bear
cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

No, it doesn't depend on your view.
Words mean things.
246 years of slavey and 154 years of "vestiges" is a different statement from "400 years of slavery."
I'm all for a discussion of history, but let's use accurate history.
Jack Bauer
At least they didn't do this for political reasons....
robby44
Kyle
We have some deep cultural divides between liberals and conservatives:
- Objectivity vs. Subjectivity
- Rationality vs. Emotion
- Personal Responsibility vs. Blame
- Future vs. Past

Very difficult to close this chasm.
contrario
cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

I know if it was up to the Democratic Party, slavery would still be an institution and party platform as it was for large segment of its existence.
Kyle
cinque said:

Do you believe today's African Americans benefited from slavery?
cinque
D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

Words mean things.
246 years of slavey and 154 years of "vestiges" is a different statement from "400 years of slavery."
Yes it does.
D. C. Bear
cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

Words mean things.
Yes it does.
"400 years of slavery" is an argument not supported by factual evidence. If you want a discussion of history, actual facts, ones that don't depend on a "view" are an important element that discussion.
BaylorHistory
ATL Bear said:

Historical revision run amok.

Whoa what a topic guys, but I can see this is more of a political argument than an actual historical discussion. I just wanted to clarify something here. Historical revision is the work of historian's natural bias such as ethnocentrism is with anthropologists. Historians of 2019 will see events and the lessons to be learned from them differently than someone from 1956 or 1929. People in 2045 will see it differently than we do. That's why grad schools (from Harvard to Liberty) start you off with a historiography course right off the bat so that you are able to fully understand arguments from different periods.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
riflebear
D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

Very few saves in 1600s in N America and last time I checked so did most all the other developed countries around the world. It wasn't until 1800s that it became really bad here. Nothing will excuse it but anyone find it odd that this documentary conveniently leaves out any mention of slavery and racism and KKK being the product of Democrat party and of course conveniently leaving out Frederick Douglas comments about Dems too?

Straight out of Alinsky's playbook. Rewrite history and take over acedemia.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.