Anybody Want To Defend This?

4,536 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

Fubar this has gone Manson Family at this point. This is a bizarre cult.
The Republican Jewish Coalition?
Oldbear83
codyorr said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Forest Bueller said:

codyorr said:

riflebear said:

fubar said:

"I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat -- it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty."

Donald J. Trump
President of the United States of America
This is fun - what's your next faux topic?

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/17/politics/obama-black-congressional-caucus/index.html

"I will consider it a personal insult -- an insult to my legacy -- if the black community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election. You want to give me a good sendoff?" Vote for Hillary

Barack H. Obama
'Former' President of the United States of America (Sept 2016)

While both are guilty of playing identity politics, I think the tone is markedly different between the two statements.
No, not really. They are both being dumbasses, but you like Obama and hate Trump so I get it.

Eh. I'm closer to ambivalent on Obama. But I'm less offended than, "this would be an insult to me if you do X" than "people who do X are disloyal to their people or dumb".
Oh, so you forgot mister "I have a pen and a phone"

You forgot "elections have consequences"

You forgot "we are the change we have been waiting for"

Presidents have a lot of confidence, but Barack Obama majored in chutzpah.

I'm not sure what any of your references have to do with the two quotes I mentioned above.
I caught your inference. And simply responded with a reminder.

Could be worse, if Biden were POTUS.
Forest Bueller
Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Forest Bueller said:

codyorr said:

riflebear said:

fubar said:

"I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat -- it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty."

Donald J. Trump

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/17/politics/obama-black-congressional-caucus/index.html

"I will consider it a personal insult -- an insult to my legacy -- if the black community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election. You want to give me a good sendoff?" Vote for Hillary

Barack H. Obama

While both are guilty of playing identity politics, I think the tone is markedly different between the two statements.
No, not really. They are both being dumbasses, but you like Obama and hate Trump so I get it.

Eh. I'm closer to ambivalent on Obama. But I'm less offended than, "this would be an insult to me if you do X" than "people who do X are disloyal to their people or dumb".

I'm not sure what any of your references have to do with the two quotes I mentioned above.

Trump can be a real jerk and often says things that are totally unacceptable, but Mr. You didn't build this, and cling to your guns and religion was a snide little ass himself.
Florda_mike
Oldbear83 said:

PartyBear said:

Fubar this has gone Manson Family at this point. This is a bizarre cult.
A little strong, but the stuff coming from AOC, pretty much all the Dem's POTUS candidates, yeah the Left is getting to be like the Manson zombies all right.

Yep they always call us what they themselves are
quash
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

fubar said:

bearassnekkid said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Defend the comment, or defend against your disingenuous assertion of what it means?
I made no assertion. I simply posted the quote and asked a question.
Yes:

https://jewishinsider.com/2019/08/jewish-groups-react-to-trumps-latest-comments-on-american-jewish-voters/

https://twitter.com/RJC

From the JI link.

Jewish groups:
The American Jewish Committee condemned the president's comments. AJC CEO David Harris said the president's comments are "shockingly divisive and unbecoming of the occupant of the highest elected office. American Jews like all Americans have a range of political views and policy priorities. His assessment of their knowledge or 'loyalty,' based on their party preference, is inappropriate, unwelcome, and downright dangerous."
Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt tweeted, "It's unclear who POTUS is claiming Jews would be 'disloyal' to, but charges of disloyalty have long been used to attack Jews. As we've said before, it's possible to engage in the democratic process without these claims. It's long overdue to stop using Jews as a political football."
Logan Bayroff, J Street's director of communications, said in a statement: "It is no surprise that the president's racist, disingenuous attacks on progressive women of color in Congress have now transitioned into smears against Jews."
Israel Policy Forum said on Twitter that Trump's comments "are appalling but unsurprising given his record of inappropriate remarks as well as his efforts to leverage Israel as a wedge issue in U.S. politics."
The Zioness Movement released a statement saying that the president "casually employed several of the most explicitly antisemitic conspiracy theories in the same breath. This is the kind of bigotry that has sparked humanity's worst impulses and greatest catastrophes."
The Bend the Arc Jewish activist group wrote that Trump's statement is "textbook antisemitism and should be called out as such, without hesitation."
Earlier on Tuesday, in an interview on Fox News' "America's Newsroom," White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley said that Trump reserves the right to escalate his attacks against the Democratic congresswomen because he "is standing up for the American people, he's standing up for our ally in Israel, but these two women are clearly against the existence even of Israel."
Gidley went on to slam the "disingenuous" media for refusing "to call out antisemitism for what it is The Democrats are encouraging this behavior and the media are allowing it to happen."
And:
Quote:

The Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) defended the president. "It shows a great deal of disloyalty to oneself to defend a party that protects/emboldens people that hate you for your religion," the RJC tweeted.

Matt Brooks, RJC's executive director, tells JI: "Of course the president was not trafficking in dual loyalty and antisemitism. The reality is that what the president gave voice to is a question that I get all the time in all of my speeches, in large part from folks who aren't Jewish and want to understand how people in the Jewish community given the issues that are important to them can support the policies of individuals like Omar and Tlaib. You know, it's a question that has a lot of people scratching their heads."

And:

"Actual LOL," Ambassador Daniel Shapiro tells JI. "There are lots of uncertainties in American politics. How the Jewish vote will break in the next presidential election is not one of them. Faced with a Democratic candidate who reflects their values and supports a strong, secure, Jewish, democratic Israel and a two-state solution with Palestinians versus Donald Trump's cruel, divisive politics and his approach that threatens to help lead Israel into becoming a binational state, you can mark 75 percent as the floor for the Jewish vote for Democrats in 2020. Eighty percent is not out of the question."
Ann Lewis, who served as White House director of communications for President Bill Clinton and as a senior adviser to Hillary Clinton, said in an email to JI that Trump "has now attacked the more than 70 percent of American Jews who dare to disagree with him politically by using one of the most dangerous, deadly accusations Jews have faced over the years."
"False charges of disloyalty over the centuries have led to Jews being murdered, jailed and tortured," Lewis explained. "This is the kind of cruel, careless rhetoric that inflames anti-Jewish passions and leads to violence."
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Forest Bueller said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Forest Bueller said:

codyorr said:

riflebear said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Barack H. Obama

Trump can be a real jerk and often says things that are totally unacceptable, but Mr. You didn't build this, and cling to your guns and religion was a snide little ass himself.
Two remarks? That's a weak morning for Trump.

Come on.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Forest Bueller said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Forest Bueller said:

codyorr said:

riflebear said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Barack H. Obama

Come on.
You drunk already, quash?
william
you and whose arby's?
carve on, carve on,
holy roast beef,
em-pyre..........

- KKM

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

fubar said:

bearassnekkid said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Defend the comment, or defend against your disingenuous assertion of what it means?
Yes:

https://jewishinsider.com/2019/08/jewish-groups-react-to-trumps-latest-comments-on-american-jewish-voters/

From the JI link.

Jewish groups:
The American Jewish Committee condemned the president's comments. AJC CEO David Harris said the president's comments are "shockingly divisive and unbecoming of the occupant of the highest elected office. American Jews like all Americans have a range of political views and policy priorities. His assessment of their knowledge or 'loyalty,' based on their party preference, is inappropriate, unwelcome, and downright dangerous."
Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt tweeted, "It's unclear who POTUS is claiming Jews would be 'disloyal' to, but charges of disloyalty have long been used to attack Jews. As we've said before, it's possible to engage in the democratic process without these claims. It's long overdue to stop using Jews as a political football."
Logan Bayroff, J Street's director of communications, said in a statement: "It is no surprise that the president's racist, disingenuous attacks on progressive women of color in Congress have now transitioned into smears against Jews."
Israel Policy Forum said on Twitter that Trump's comments "are appalling but unsurprising given his record of inappropriate remarks as well as his efforts to leverage Israel as a wedge issue in U.S. politics."
The Zioness Movement released a statement saying that the president "casually employed several of the most explicitly antisemitic conspiracy theories in the same breath. This is the kind of bigotry that has sparked humanity's worst impulses and greatest catastrophes."
The Bend the Arc Jewish activist group wrote that Trump's statement is "textbook antisemitism and should be called out as such, without hesitation."
Earlier on Tuesday, in an interview on Fox News' "America's Newsroom," White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley said that Trump reserves the right to escalate his attacks against the Democratic congresswomen because he "is standing up for the American people, he's standing up for our ally in Israel, but these two women are clearly against the existence even of Israel."
Gidley went on to slam the "disingenuous" media for refusing "to call out antisemitism for what it is The Democrats are encouraging this behavior and the media are allowing it to happen."
And:
Quote:

The Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) defended the president. "It shows a great deal of disloyalty to oneself to defend a party that protects/emboldens people that hate you for your religion," the RJC tweeted.

Matt Brooks, RJC's executive director, tells JI: "Of course the president was not trafficking in dual loyalty and antisemitism. The reality is that what the president gave voice to is a question that I get all the time in all of my speeches, in large part from folks who aren't Jewish and want to understand how people in the Jewish community given the issues that are important to them can support the policies of individuals like Omar and Tlaib. You know, it's a question that has a lot of people scratching their heads."

And:

"Actual LOL," Ambassador Daniel Shapiro tells JI. "There are lots of uncertainties in American politics. How the Jewish vote will break in the next presidential election is not one of them. Faced with a Democratic candidate who reflects their values and supports a strong, secure, Jewish, democratic Israel and a two-state solution with Palestinians versus Donald Trump's cruel, divisive politics and his approach that threatens to help lead Israel into becoming a binational state, you can mark 75 percent as the floor for the Jewish vote for Democrats in 2020. Eighty percent is not out of the question."
Ann Lewis, who served as White House director of communications for President Bill Clinton and as a senior adviser to Hillary Clinton, said in an email to JI that Trump "has now attacked the more than 70 percent of American Jews who dare to disagree with him politically by using one of the most dangerous, deadly accusations Jews have faced over the years."
"False charges of disloyalty over the centuries have led to Jews being murdered, jailed and tortured," Lewis explained. "This is the kind of cruel, careless rhetoric that inflames anti-Jewish passions and leads to violence."
Not sure what the point of all this is. I'm just saying some people are willing to defend Trump, not that he's universally praised. There is more than one opinion.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

fubar said:

bearassnekkid said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Yes:

From the JI link.

Jewish groups:
And:
Quote:

And:

Not sure what the point of all this is. I'm just saying some people are willing to defend Trump, not that he's universally praised. There is more than one opinion.
Yup. Some people are flat earthers. Or ideologues.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

fubar said:

bearassnekkid said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Yes:

From the JI link.

Jewish groups:
And:
Quote:

And:

Because they don't think his comment was antisemitic? Is that the only valid interpretation?
Forest Bueller
quash said:

Forest Bueller said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Forest Bueller said:

codyorr said:

riflebear said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Barack H. Obama

Come on.
There are dozens of similar remarks, I have no desire to post them all. I voted for neither Trump or Obama, I just don't understand why the demonization of Trump has become such sport.
Oldbear83
Forest Bueller said:

quash said:

Forest Bueller said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Forest Bueller said:

codyorr said:

riflebear said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Barack H. Obama

Come on.
There are dozens of similar remarks, I have no desire to post them all. I voted for neither Trump or Obama, I just don't understand why the demonization of Trump has become such sport.
"Desperation", not 'sport'.
fubar
fubar said:

PartyBear said:

Well fubar you found one so far who would explicitly defend it rather than support it by remaining silent.
There will be others.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

fubar said:

bearassnekkid said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Yes:

From the JI link.

Jewish groups:
And:
Quote:

And:

Because they don't think his comment was antisemitic? Is that the only valid interpretation?
No, but it is the most valid interpretation.
Florda_mike
Oldbear83 said:

Forest Bueller said:

quash said:

Forest Bueller said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Forest Bueller said:

codyorr said:

riflebear said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Barack H. Obama

Come on.

TDS, as in last 2 posters!
william
fubar said:

fubar said:

PartyBear said:

Well fubar you found one so far who would explicitly defend it rather than support it by remaining silent.
There will be others.

Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
D. C. Bear
Trump is playing y'all. It worked for him before, much to my shock. It might work again.
william
D. C. Bear said:

Trump is playing y'all. It worked for him before, much to my shock. It might work again.
no it won't.....

campaign trump is one thing - but this non-stop seasickness presidency isn't working.

some of it done strategically is probably OK - but this is becoming non-stop - daily - intra-daily - changing of course - done mostly by tweets - is just wearing people out.

he needed some people around him to reign in the impulsive side.

he had a few of them once he got a stable cabinet installed - but all of those people have left.

larry kudlow - who I think was in grad school during the depression - is about the only one left to give him any sane advice.

not good.

- LFS

but he could still salvage things if he moderates things a bit and cuts back on the tweets and maybe sleeps on a decision or two.

Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
robby44
Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Forest Bueller said:

quash said:

Forest Bueller said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Oldbear83 said:

codyorr said:

Forest Bueller said:

codyorr said:

riflebear said:

fubar said:

Donald J. Trump

Barack H. Obama

Come on.

TDS, as in last 2 posters!

PTSD President Trump Stress Disorder

xiledinok
These threads keep delivering. Barack Obama is a racist and Fubar is a leftist.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

No, but it is the most valid interpretation.
Not at all. Your comment only reflects your own bias and subjective opinion.
Oldbear83
D. C. Bear said:

The key to Trump has always been watch what he he does, pay little to no attention to what he says.

Florda_mike
Only thing "wearing out" the Democrat is the Democrat!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.