Greenland

1,853 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fadskier
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Never a dull moment with the Reality TV President...

Quote:

It wasn't just Prime Minister Frederiksen whom he was set to meet. A state visit with Denmark's queen was planned. Danish security services had been preparing for his arrival for months, naturally. They're a NATO ally, not some random country on the other side of the world. And Greenland likely isn't even theirs to sell: Denmark has gradually granted Greenland more and more independence in conducting its foreign affairs, most recently in the 2009 Act on Greenland Self-Government that recognized Greenlanders as "a people pursuant to international law with the right of self-determination." Whatever the strategic merits of U.S. dominion over Greenland, that was never something Denmark could grant.
HuMcK
Sad state of affairs.
Jack Bauer
I'm thinking he goes after Iceland next....another female PM he can call "nasty".
J.R.
Just embarrassing. He's also the "Chosen One" , per him, as it relates to China trade. Then, to add insult to injury, he tells US Jews that if they vote democrat, they are traitors!. Now, that is just rich. Does that idiot not know that Jews vote 87% Democrat? He's just awesome.
robby44
Denmark is laughing

Danish PM 'surprised and disappointed' over cancelled Trump visit

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/21/trump-state-visit-cancellation-over-greenland-shocks-danes?CMP=share_btn_fb

"If he had been a clown in a circus, you could probably say that there is considerable entertainment value. The problem is that he is the president of the most powerful nation in the world,"
BaylorFTW
There appears to be more going on behind the scenes:

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2018/09/07/how-a-potential-chinese-built-airport-in-greenland-could-be-risky-for-a-vital-us-air-force-base/
Sam Lowry
BaylorFTW said:

There appears to be more going on behind the scenes:

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2018/09/07/how-a-potential-chinese-built-airport-in-greenland-could-be-risky-for-a-vital-us-air-force-base/
In this light, snubbing Denmark makes even less sense.
PartyBear
J.R. said:

Just embarrassing. He's also the "Chosen One" , per him, as it relates to China trade. Then, to add insult to injury, he tells US Jews that if they vote democrat, they are traitors!. Now, that is just rich. Does that idiot not know that Jews vote 87% Democrat? He's just awesome.

You forgot he also declared by approvingingly retweeting a nut job as some authority on the matter that he is the King of Israel and the second coming.
Moondoggie
Anyone noticed that the usual gang of trump allies are nowhere to be found on this thread?
Buddha Bear
pitchman said:

Anyone noticed that the usual gang of trump allies are nowhere to be found on this thread?
Too busy circle jerkin on the Obama thread.
Mitch Blood Green
pitchman said:

Abzerd. That's a nasty word.
robby44
Any truth to the rumor that The PM of Denmark found out Trump's credit score
fadskier
pitchman said:

Not sure I qualify as that, but I do support the president. I'm here. What do you need?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
robby44
tommie said:

pitchman said:

Abzerd. That's a nasty word.

Do you think she's a nasty girl
Tonight she's livin' in a fantasy
Her own little nasty world
Buddha Bear
fadskier said:

pitchman said:

Not sure I qualify as that, but I do support the president. I'm here. What do you need?
Just tryna figure out the prez's line of thinking. Is he aware that there are people living in Greenland? And that these are free people? And is he aware that most of Greenland is ice?

curtpenn
Just read that there was discussion of purchasing Greenland at the time Alaska was purchased as well as during the Truman administration. Who knew? Well, I'm certain some of the savants here probably did, but I'm not worthy.
fadskier
Buddha Bear said:

fadskier said:

pitchman said:

Just tryna figure out the prez's line of thinking. Is he aware that there are people living in Greenland? And that these are free people? And is he aware that most of Greenland is ice?

I don't presume to know what any president is thinking. If serious, this is a weird one. I read an article the other day that connected Greenland to China wanting to build an airport or something like that...dunno.
Buddha Bear
fadskier said:

Buddha Bear said:

fadskier said:

pitchman said:

I don't presume to know what any president is thinking. If serious, this is a weird one. I read an article the other day that connected Greenland to China wanting to build an airport or something like that...dunno.
Not serious, but it was a hilarious headline to wake up to over on the other side of the world. My European coworkers and I had a nice laugh for about 30 minutes.
fadskier
Buddha Bear said:

fadskier said:

Buddha Bear said:

fadskier said:

pitchman said:

Not serious, but it was a hilarious headline to wake up to over on the other side of the world. My European coworkers and I had a nice laugh for about 30 minutes.
My mind immediately went to "unemployed in Greenland"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.