The cost of being "woke"

1,556 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by william
CammoTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?

YoakDaddy
Get woke; go broke.
Buddha Bear
Might be more because we all have beards now. Either way, I'm glad their suffering. Razors went from $2 to $12+ over a decade, and I've never been sure why. Profit margins must've been huge. I say let's keep this beard renaissance going for another decade.
OsoCoreyell
Sell razors. To men. For the rest...shut up.

See how easy that was?
william
grewmyhair;dontcare.

- LFS
Dale?
Kyle
Beards have been a thing, for what, more than a decade?

When you let your Ad Agency and affirmative action corporate hires convince you to insult your customers, this is what happens.
Doc Holliday
When you hire people out of college who moonlight as political activists, you're going to get the results of political action: ALIENATION.

Really simple concept.
cowboycwr
Buddha Bear said:

Might be more because we all have beards now. Either way, I'm glad their suffering. Razors went from $2 to $12+ over a decade, and I've never been sure why. Profit margins must've been huge. I say let's keep this beard renaissance going for another decade.
I don't do a beard all the time but do have a goatee when not a full beard so I still buy some razors.

I have found the online sources are a better deal. Like dollar shave club, harry's, etc. Cheaper and better quality.

Also, I have found that razors seem to last much longer than the recommendation the companies say or their "indicator" strips say.
Sam Lowry
cowboycwr said:

Buddha Bear said:

I don't do a beard all the time but do have a goatee when not a full beard so I still buy some razors.

I have found the online sources are a better deal. Like dollar shave club, harry's, etc. Cheaper and better quality.

Also, I have found that razors seem to last much longer than the recommendation the companies say or their "indicator" strips say.
Disposable razors have gotten a lot better in recent years. I sometimes use as little as two or three per shave.
Bruin
Sorry Gillette, you shat your bed on this, time to lie in it. Happy Harry's customer here.
fadskier
Bruin said:

Sorry Gillette, you shat your bed on this, time to lie in it. Happy Harry's customer here.
Me as well. harry's rocks
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Scratchy Bear
Good! I've seen a lot of stupid PC decisions by companies, but this one took the cake. What the hell were they thinking by attacking their core customers? I swore to never use Gillette again, which I had used for the last 20 years or so. Granted they only lose about $20 a month from me, but it looks like I'm not the only one who threw out their products.

fadskier
I've always had a beard and only shave my neck and places that my wife likes...Harry's does the job well!
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Doc Holliday
fadskier said:

I've always had a beard and only shave my neck and places that my wife likes...Harry's does the job well!
Lucky! I can grow the thickest mustache you've ever seen...but I can't grow a beard. My little brother can grow a full beard. I don't get it!
Friscobear
fadskier said:

Bruin said:

Me as well. harry's rocks
Another Harry's loyal customer here!
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
JXL
Disposable razors are the way to go.

But not Gillette. Never Gillette.
OsoCoreyell
Bruin said:

Exactly. I will never buy another product from those dipsticks.
Jack Bauer
Get woke, go broke.
cowboycwr
Just curious but those of you who refuse to buy anything Gillette again do you go full force on it and avoid the parent company as well?

That would be Proctor & Gamble. and would be hard to avoid.

Crest
Scope
Dawn
Downy
frebreeze
Oral B
Bounty
Charmin
Pampers
Tide
Vicks
Old Spice
Tampax

Etc.
william
we slice tonite,
we slice tonite,
roast horses,
roast horses..........

- LFS
Dale?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.