Obama's buying $15M Martha's Vineyard Estate

13,382 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hooray Capitalism...

I wonder if a reporter will ask Warren or Sanders about this?
Also - didn't they get the memo the oceans are rising? Why would they buy a place right next to the ocean if it's going to be under water in a few years?

ScottS
Maybe he was simply using the issue of climate change for political reasons.
cinque
riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

Also - didn't they get the memo the oceans are rising? Why would they buy a place right next to the ocean if it's going to be under water in a few years?

They should tacky it up with a lot of Liberace like gold crap like Trump's NYC penthouse.
whitetrash
robby44
The hate is strong
cinque
robby44 said:

The hate is strong
And as inexplicable as the hate for Oprah.
BearFan33
riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

I guess Netflix is paying very, very, very well these days. Where is all this money coming from?
cinque
BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

I guess Netflix is paying very, very, very well these days. Where is all this money coming from?
Why is this question never asked about any other president?
D. C. Bear
cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

It is.

Good for President Obama to get a nice vacation home. Looks like a great property.
robby44
BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

The Obamas' got a $65 million book advance
cinque
robby44 said:

BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

DHooray Capitalism...

The Obamas' got a $65 million book advance
Plus they already had money.
Gold Tron
I should have been a community organizer...
cinque
Gold Tron said:

I would hazard a guess that most former editors of the Harvard Law Review are multi millionaires.
BearFan33
cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

I have often asked where the Clinton's got their money. That question remains unanswered.
riflebear
cinque said:

robby44 said:

The hate is strong
And as inexplicable as the hate for Oprah.
There is literally nothing wrong w/ Obama buying this home. That's why I say Yah - Capitalism. Good for them. I just think it's funny to call out the hypocrisy from the left as usual and of course the many quotes from Obama that contract this very thing.

cinque
BearFan33 said:

cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

I have often asked where the Clinton's got their money. That question remains unanswered.
Why Clinton?
riflebear
cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

Why Clinton?
LOL - you literally asked why is this question never asked about former Presidents, then someone asks about Clinton and you ask - Why Clinton? Hitting the sauce early today I see...
robby44
Gold Tron said:

Or a grad of Harvard Law and constitutional law professor, Senator and marry a woman who graduated Harvard Law and was a top attorney
cinque
riflebear said:

cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

Why Clinton?
LOL - you literally asked why is this question never asked about former Presidents, then someone asks about Clinton and you ask - Why Clinton? Hitting the sauce early today I see...
You never asked about Clinton. You're just lying.
BaylorOkie
Wow, that place is awesome. Good for them. I think all presidents deserve to spend the rest of their lives well. It's a crappy job.
D. C. Bear
cinque said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

Why Clinton?
That question was asked about Clinton. How did a guy who devoted his career to public service end up with that much money? It was asked a lot.
fubar
Suitcases of cash, boys, it's all about the suitcases. (No doubt I'll be dead by Monday now.)

But what BaylorOkie said.
riflebear
cinque said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

Why Clinton?
OK, now I know you're high and drunk. Look above your post. BearFan33 responded to your post asking about the Clinton's and you even responded to it asking "Why Clinton". I never said "I asked" I was responding to your response to BearFan. Seriously, happy hour is over - go home.

Why I ever unblocked you is a head scratcher.
Doc Holliday
cinque said:

Gold Tron said:

I would hazard a guess that most former editors of the Harvard Law Review are multi millionaires.
I would hazard a guess that you're broke as a joke.
Iron Claw
Too bad we did't have that 70% tax rate over ten million in effect when he got the advance. Would be funny for him to give up $35 million to Uncle Sam!
Florda_mike
cinque said:

BearFan33 said:

riflebear said:

Hooray Capitalism...

^^^ Because the world is R. A. C. I. S. T. !!!!!!
Longstreet
I don't begrudge them cashing in on their Presidency. All former Presidents do. I'd just put that house on stilts so it doesn't flood in the coming sea rise.
Baylor3216
Uhhhhh he didn't build that
D. C. Bear
Baylor3216 said:

Underrated post.
Baylor3216
I mean seriously. I can't believe people still fall for this crap. We're all gettin screwed of course but for one to lecture half the country while they steal ya blind and another half to vote for the boot on their own throat, it is something to behold.
Forest Bueller
BaylorOkie said:

Wow, that place is awesome. Good for them. I think all presidents deserve to spend the rest of their lives well. It's a crappy job.
I agree fully, if you get the top job in America, and hold it for 8 full years, you SHOULD be set for life.

Hope he puts a golf hole or two on the property, that perfect grass looks like it could already be one.

I don't understand the animosity over the success. He may not have been my favorite President, but he was THE President. He earned the perks.
Forest Bueller
Baylor3216 said:

But a very wealthy contractor did.
Canada2017
Forest Bueller said:

BaylorOkie said:

I agree fully, if you get the top job in America, and hold it for 8 full years, you SHOULD be set for life.

Hope he puts a golf hole or two on the property, that perfect grass looks like it could already be one.

I don't understand the animosity over the success. He may not have been my favorite President, but he was THE President. He earned the perks.

Regardless if Republican or Democrat.....it would be better for the country if these perks were eliminated.

cinque
Baylor3216 said:

I mean seriously. I can't believe people still fall for this crap. We're all gettin screwed of course but for one to lecture half the country while they steal ya blind and another half to vote for the boot on their own throat, it is something to behold.
What does that mean?
BaylorBJM
Free market and all. It was on the market but the resident big ballers here on the R&P board couldn't scrap together the money for the purchase.

Oh well. Shoulda finished top of your law class and been president of the United States for eight years I suppose.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.