Political Science Journal: "Liberal beliefs linked to psychoticism"

1,037 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Golem
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#fakenews back in 2012 has now been corrected. Not like we needed a study to confirm this.

https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with "psychoticism" now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has "an error" and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism (i.e. authoritarian).

BaylorFTW
Florda_mike
Uh huh

Yep
Kyle
You can definitely observe the complete lack of self-awareness and susceptibility to built a world view on fallacy. I mean much of the emotional hysteria is based on completely false claims of "Muslim ban," "Republicans oppose immigration," "everyone who disagrees with me is a racist." Emotional based POVs are much more susceptible to manipulation and social control than rational ones, and leftists come at every issue from an emotional basis. I can see where this mixed with a moral superiority and constant judgement would lead to authoritarianism.
D. C. Bear
What an embarrassment for the authors.
Golem
D. C. Bear said:

What an embarrassment for the authors.

That it was reported in the NYP instead of the NYT should tell you how much impact it will have.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.