So, we're pulling out of Syria

11,356 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cowboycwr
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Does this mean all of the Kurdish fighters who helped us with ISIS will now be slaughtered?
Redbrickbear
The Turks hate the Kurds.

The Kurds hate the Turks.

The Iranians (Persians) hate the Arabs.

The Arabs hate the Iranians.

The jews hate all the of them....and all of them hate the hebrews in return.

Screw all these barbaric Semites.

Let them kill each other.

I just wish we could get off middle eastern heroin....sorry they call it oil...and then treat the whole region the way we do central Africa.....a big who cares.
cinque
Redbrickbear said:

I just wish we could get off middle eastern heroin....sorry they call it oil...and then treat the whole region the way we do central Africa.....a big who cares.
So, does this mean the Kurds who have helped us contain ISIS, will be slaughtered?
YoakDaddy
cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

So, does this mean the Kurds who have helped us contain ISIS, will be slaughtered?

It means we have an America First foreign policy. #KAG2020
cinque
YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

Does this mean Putin's foreign policy objectives will be satisfied while our allies around the world watch us put the Kurds at risk?
YoakDaddy
cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

Does this mean Putin's foreign policy objectives will be satisfied while our allies around the world watch us put the Kurds at risk?

It means we have an America First foreign policy no longer attached to who John McCain and Obama wanted us to drop bombs on.
Waco1947
Kurds screwed again
fubar
YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

It means we have an America First foreign policy no longer attached to who John McCain and Obama wanted us to drop bombs on.
Who did McCain and Obama want to drop bombs on? And what does that have to do with Trump's incredibly ill-conceived decision?

I'll wait patiently for your answers.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
Waco1947
fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

Who did McCain and Obama want to drop bombs on? And what does that have to do with Trump's incredibly ill-conceived decision?

Right question. Who?
GoneGirl
Who will want to be our allies if we can't be trusted?
robby44
It tells our allies and our adversaries that America doesn't keep her word.
muddybrazos
I'm just glad to see America pulling out of these nonsense wars. Creating failed states in the middle east and Africa has ruined Europe. thanks, Bush, Obama & Hillary.
robby44
cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

The Kurds are being put at risk to add to the Trump bottom line

Trump Towers Istanbul

https://www.trump.com/residential-real-estate-portfolio/trump-towers-istanbul-turkey
Canada2017

The same folks blaming Trump for keeping our troops from getting in the middle of the Kurd-Turk blood feud....

would be the first to scream bloody murder when the body bags containing the corpses of our servicemen came home.
JXL
When the previous administration betrayed the Kurds, of course, that was perfectly okay. It only became wrong on January 20, 2017.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2014/09/obama-betrays-kurds-robert-zubrin/

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2014/10/08/obama-betrayal-kurds/

cowboycwr
Who got us in Syria? Obama

But trump gets blamed for all his decisions in Syria. Bomb someone... blame
Send weapons.... blame
Pull out.... blame

Kyle
Don't tell anyone that President Trump used to be pro-abortion ... you'll have the largest acceptance of Pro-Life in history.
Mitch Blood Green
YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

What if protecting the Kurds is putting America first?

I can't think of anything more pro America than being a reliable, dependable partner.
robby44
"I have a little conflict of interest 'cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul," Trump boasted in response. "It's a tremendously successful job. It's called Trump Towers two towers, instead of one, not the usual one; it's two. And I've gotten to know Turkey very well. They're amazing people, they're incredible people. They have a strong leader."

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d9bb7bfe4b0fc935edf5be0?utm_source=main_fb&utm_medium=facebook§ion=politics&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages
YoakDaddy
fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sorry. It was Obama that was a poosy and didn't stand up to Assad when he passed "the red line". McCain saw an opportunity to drop bombs on Assad and implement a meddle first, fix later foreign policy like GW Bush did in Iraq where we sought regime change for WMDs that were never found when we should've gone after the Saudis. I'm not saying Assad didn't deserve a few bombs up his a ss because he's a scumbag dictator just like Erdogan.

This is a centuries old fight between rival ethnic groups. They don't need encouragement or protection when in McCains own words "we've trained and equipped them". What's the objective and how many dead Americans are you willing to accept for something that's not our fight?
Canada2017
tommie said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

I can't think of anything more pro America than being a reliable, dependable partner.

The Kurd-Turk blood feud has been going on for decades .

How many years would you keep US servicemen in Syria acting as a buffer ?

fubar
YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sorry. It was Obama that was a poosy and didn't stand up to Assad when he passed "the red line". McCain saw an opportunity to drop bombs on Assad and implement a meddle first, fix later foreign policy like GW Bush did in Iraq where we sought regime change for WMDs that were never found when we should've gone after the Saudis. I'm not saying Assad didn't deserve a few bombs up his a ss because he's a scumbag dictator just like Erdogan.

This is a centuries old fight between rival ethnic groups. They don't need encouragement or protection when in McCains own words "we've trained and equipped them". What's the objective and how many dead Americans are you willing to accept for something that's not our fight?
I will certainly agree with you in that Obama screwed the pooch in Syria. I'm not quite sure that answers "who did McCain and Obama want to drop bombs on?" Neither wanted to drop bombs on Turkey or the Kurds, that's for sure, so I think your original question was irrelevant.

As to how many dead Americans I'm willing to accept, I'll ask another question first: How many allies do we desert before we realize we have nobody willing to partner with us ... at all?

And I'll point out that the last time we retreated into isolationism the world went to hell in a handbasket that eventually cost over 400,000 American dead. Which was a drop in the bucket of world dead.

Make a commitment, keep it. Stay engaged. It may cost some in the short term, but it will save in the long run.

It isn't just McCain and Obama saying that.
Mitch Blood Green
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

That's short sighted. What is important is our reliability as a partner.

This is a business decision at the expense of our national security.
YoakDaddy
fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

I will certainly agree with you in that Obama screwed the pooch in Syria. I'm not quite sure that answers "who did McCain and Obama want to drop bombs on?" Neither wanted to drop bombs on Turkey or the Kurds, that's for sure, so I think your original question was irrelevant.

As to how many dead Americans I'm willing to accept, I'll ask another question first: How many allies do we desert before we realize we have nobody willing to partner with us ... at all?

And I'll point out that the last time we retreated into isolationism the world went to hell in a handbasket that eventually cost over 400,000 American dead. Which was a drop in the bucket of world dead.

Make a commitment, keep it. Stay engaged. It may cost some in the short term, but it will save in the long run.

So sacrificing a few Americans now for nothing is worth it in the long term? I hope you'll visit those dead GI's families.

This is actually really good for us long term. Erdogan liked ISIS until they got too big to deal with...again. Now that they're done with, Erdogan is trying to carve out an area in NW Syria for his own Turkish interests. Trump has told Erdogan that ISIS is now his problem if they come back; thus Erdogan's buffer zone in NW Syria of resettled Sunnis. At the same time Russia has promised to maintain the territorial integrity of Syria. So how does Russia now deal with Erdogan carving out a piece of Syria for his own purposes? Iran is now pissed because it has no direct connectivity to its Shia population in Lebanon because of the Sunnis that Erdogan is resettling in NW Syria; therefore, they're now isolated even further. The bottom line is that they all 4 must confront each other and not have the US as a common enemy.
riflebear
This thing is way to complicated for any of us to know since we have no clue what intelligence the administration has on this but I thought this was an interesting take. Clearly people are all over the place on this.

cinque

Even this old bag o' bones gets it, however it is more than poetic that evangelical cultists who believe Trump is "the sent one" will come to the shocking conclusion that he's this cheap huckster dip**** with a spray tan.

I'm coming up short on sympathy.
fubar
YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

So sacrificing a few Americans now for nothing is worth it in the long term? I hope you'll visit those dead GI's families.
Two questions: For nothing? How many American soldiers have died in Syria so far? Why do you think deaths are imminent?

That's actually three questions, not two, so sue me.

Make a commitment, keep it. It saves lives in the long run.
cinque
fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

Two questions: For nothing? How many American soldiers have died in Syria so far? Why do you think deaths are imminent?

The Kurds have been dying in our place.
YoakDaddy
cinque said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

The Kurds have been dying in our place.

It's not our place. We've equipped and trained them. It's their centuries old fight.
YoakDaddy
fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

fubar said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

Can't address the strategy can you? Turkey has announced its plans for NW Syria. Russia's policy for Syria is known. Iran will be further isolated. We just won't participate. We've got zero reason for being there, zero exit strategy if we stay, and it's a centuries old ethnic fight.
fubar
The strategy you think we're pursuing (to throw our allies to the wolves because we know what Turkey and Russia want, in hopes of isolating Iran) is both stupid and pie in the sky. Trump might really think he has great and unmatched wisdom. I do not. Neither do the professionals who have studied this mess a lot more than I have.

Trump has no strategy here. He's so far in over his head that it would be funny, were he not the freaking President of the United States.
Mitch Blood Green
fubar said:

The strategy you think we're pursuing (to throw our allies to the wolves because we know what Turkey and Russia want, in hopes of isolating Iran) is both stupid and pie in the sky. Trump might really think he has great and unmatched wisdom. I do not. Neither do the professionals who have studied this mess a lot more than I have.

Trump has no strategy here. He's so far in over his head that it would be funny, were he not the freaking President of the United States.

"Great and unmatched wisdom" sounds like how they describe the Kims in North Korea.

Trump has always done what was in his best interest even at the expense of contracts, wives, business partners and now his supporters. My bet? This is a business deal for Trump. We will know soon enough.

Missing the days when this was our outrage!

Sam Lowry
The PKK is a listed terrorist organization. Their affiliates in Syria had everything to gain and nothing to lose by accepting our aid. Maintaining a permanent alliance with them makes as much sense as remaining allied with Stalin after WWII.
Canada2017
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

We have zero strategic interest in Syria now that ISIS has been crushed .

And after over 70 years in Korea and 18 years in Afghanistan it's not worth the additional body bags to shield 2 ethnic groups who have hated each other for generations.

cinque
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Redbrickbear said:

We have zero strategic interest in Syria now that ISIS has been crushed .

And after over 70 years in Korea and 18 years in Afghanistan it's not worth the additional body bags to shield 2 ethnic groups who have hated each other for generations.

Miss Lindsay says ISIS has not been crushed in any way, shape or form

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.