Why should Facebook take the ad down?

1,019 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by contrario
contrario
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2019/10/9/20906612/trump-campaign-ad-joe-biden-ukraine-facebook

I found this story extremely troubling. False political ads are the cornerstone of politics in the US. I remember several years ago during the healthcare debates a democrat had an ad that showed a Republican pushing an elderly person in a wheel chair off a cliff. I don't remember Vox running a story at that time about lying political ads. You may disagree with Trump and you may think he is wrong about this current conspiracy theory, but we can't pick and choose based on political party preference which lying political ads we allow to run.
Sam Lowry
There's nothing false or even debatable in the ad. It says Biden pressured Ukraine to fire the prosecutor, and it says that according to the prosecutor he was fired for investigating Burisma. Both of these statements are undeniably true.
contrario
Sam Lowry said:

There's nothing false or even debatable in the ad. It says Biden pressured Ukraine to fire the prosecutor, and it says that according to the prosecutor he was fired for investigating Burisma. Both of these statements are undeniably true.
But...Trump...
GoneGirl
contrario said:

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2019/10/9/20906612/trump-campaign-ad-joe-biden-ukraine-facebook

I found this story extremely troubling. False political ads are the cornerstone of politics in the US. I remember several years ago during the healthcare debates a democrat had an ad that showed a Republican pushing an elderly person in a wheel chair off a cliff. I don't remember Vox running a story at that time about lying political ads. You may disagree with Trump and you may think he is wrong about this current conspiracy theory, but we can't pick and choose based on political party preference which lying political ads we allow to run.
Hyperbole is different from an ad that promotes an outright falsehood.
Kyle
Have you been under a rock? The projection cycle and double standard is normal behavior from gerrymandering to changing the rules to SCOTUS nomination shenanigans to misleading ads.

The pattern always has been:
1. Democrats employ a dirty trick
2. Republicans copy it
3. Democrats lose their mind and take the moral high ground and express outrage over Republican tactics

The sheep are either so low EQ or IQ that they do not even realize it.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jinx 2 said:

contrario said:

I reckon this is what is referred to as quid pro quo.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
contrario
Jinx 2 said:

contrario said:

I had a bet with someone that you would come on here and defend this. I won $10, so thank you.

So republicans wanting to kill grandma is truth in your mind? You are either really that much of a binary or you are really stupid, or both. So which is it? This is an incredibly obvious double-standard by any reasonable person and should be condemned.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.