Stock Market Rally (Do Chinese deal today?)

951 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by riflebear
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm afraid they are playing us again. Trump is optimistic and his tweets have caused the market to rally again but I'm not buying it. I'm tempted to sell off as I said I would if we hit 27k again but maybe he can pull off a miracle.

Sounds like the big disagreement is still the Chinese refusing to agree on not going after American technology but the Tech/FANG stocks are hot.

I hope Trump can compromise a little and not expect all or nothing even though they had a great deal confirmed back in the Spring before the Chinese went back and backed out.

Thoughts?
contrario
I think if any of us knew the answers to those questions we wouldn't be on here.
Mitch Blood Green
I'm reading partial deal. China will buy crops. US will lift sanctions.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
China may be the Evil Empire, but they do have 20 percent of the world's population (1.4 billion people.) That is one hell of a market if it can be accessed. Hopefully that is Trump's end game.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
riflebear
There was a Trading Mgr on who mentioned the banking portion of this potential deal being a huge story.

The game changer could be that the Chinese regulatory body will no longer require financial firms to have a joint venture in China after June 1st 2020. An absolute huge breakthrough and a workaround requiring Chinese to change laws on intellectual property rights. That way in the future if you are a company over in China and you lose IP it's on you. Which could open this up for other industries as well.

Hopefully this happens - seems too good to be true.
riflebear
If they can get it signed in a month agricultural purchases by China going up from an all time high of around $15 Billion to $40-$50Billion. Huge news if true.

Doc Holliday
william
attaboy donny!

- KKM

#SweetDonny

midgett
Markets hate uncertainty. Bad news or good news will be quickly prices in.

(Prior to two days ago) If Trump and China just agreed to a truce and do nothing for 6 months, the markets would rally. That's kinda what happened today.

The risk is that both Trump and China are prone to changing their minds at the flick of a switch. So what is good today can be bad tomorrow and vice versa.

Honestly, that's what I love about the markets. Gobbles up news in an objective manner and sometimes has to slam on the brakes and go the other way on new information. Throw in irrational human behavior and it is fascinating!
riflebear
Very good sign. Let's hope they don't back out in the next few weeks.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/us-china-trade-agreement-unanimous

While some experts have already cautioned that expectations for the tentative agreement celebrated by the White House on Friday, which calls for Beijing to ramp up agricultural purchases to as much as $50 billion, may exceed reality, the two governments insist they made legitimate progress.

"There is no difference," spokesman Geng Shuang said in remarks posted by China's government Tuesday, describing the parties as unanimous on a deal. "This economic and trade agreement will be of great significance, beneficial to China, the United States and the world."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.