Shep on the streets

1,364 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by quash
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/shep-smith-fox-news-1203367891/
Osodecentx
Sounds cordial

"Recently I asked the company to allow me to leave Fox News and begin a new chapter. After requesting that I stay, they graciously obliged," Smith said in a statement. "The opportunities afforded this guy from small town Mississippi have been many. It's been an honor and a privilege to report the news each day to our loyal audience in context and with perspective, without fear or favor. I've worked with the most talented, dedicated and focused professionals I know and I'm proud to have anchored their work each day I will deeply miss them."
GoneGirl
If Chris Wallace is next, we'll know for sure that the reporters who aren't Trump sycophants are leaving the building, either becuase they've had enough or they've been invited to leave.
GoneGirl
Osodecentx said:

Sounds cordial

Because he wasn't fired (at least not directly) by Trump and via tweet.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Can he take Donna Brazile with him?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
Jinx 2 said:

If Chris Wallace is next, we'll know for sure that the reporters who aren't Trump sycophants are leaving the building, either becuase they've had enough or they've been invited to leave.
No you won't know for sure.

Jake Tapper left a network looking for other things to do.

Katie Couric did same thing. It happens a lot.
GoneGirl
Osodecentx said:

Jinx 2 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/11/fox-news-chief-anchor-shepard-smith-leaving-the-conservative-network.html

Smith's departure follows a report that he was warned last month by Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and network president Jay Wallace not to criticize the network's evening anchor Tucker Carlson again.

Smith had said on the air that it was "repugnant" for Carlson not speaking up in defense of Fox News contributor Andrew Napolitano after a Carlson guest, attorney Joseph di Genova, called Napolitano a "fool" for saying that President Donald Trump had broken the law. Di Genova is a legal adviser to Trump.
Osodecentx
Sounds cordial:

"Recently I asked the company to allow me to leave Fox News and begin a new chapter. After requesting that I stay, they graciously obliged," Smith said in a statement. "The opportunities afforded this guy from small town Mississippi have been many. It's been an honor and a privilege to report the news each day to our loyal audience in context and with perspective, without fear or favor. I've worked with the most talented, dedicated and focused professionals I know and I'm proud to have anchored their work each day I will deeply miss them."
BusyTarpDuster2017
Jinx 2 said:

Osodecentx said:

Jinx 2 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/11/fox-news-chief-anchor-shepard-smith-leaving-the-conservative-network.html

Smith's departure follows a report that he was warned last month by Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and network president Jay Wallace not to criticize the network's evening anchor Tucker Carlson again.

Smith had said on the air that it was "repugnant" for Carlson not speaking up in defense of Fox News contributor Andrew Napolitano after a Carlson guest, attorney Joseph di Genova, called Napolitano a "fool" for saying that President Donald Trump had broken the law. Di Genova is a legal adviser to Trump.

How do you know the two are related? Did he criticize Carlson again afterwards?
ATL Bear
I see a tell all book on his horizon that will be lapped up by the usual subjects.
Doc Holliday
quash
Smith was the only reason I ever watched Fox. He was a journalist.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Dude he was wrong about everything lol
HuMcK
I'm sure it's just a coincidence...
YoakDaddy
I always liked Shep although over the last 5 years or so he's added too much opinion. I'll always remember the great reporting he did from New Orleans in the Katrina aftermath.
Osodecentx
quash said:

I'm looking for a reason to watch a news show on CNN or MSNBC.

Any conservative or semi-conservative hosting an hour long show over there
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

I'm looking for a reason to watch a news show on CNN or MSNBC.

Any conservative or semi-conservative hosting an hour long show over there

Beats me, I never watch either of them
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.