Cowtown Cops Shoot Woman in Her Home - This is Insane

6 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by robby44
Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This may be the most idiotic and inexcusable police shooting of them all. I am surprised it is not getting more national attention.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article236067328.html
Canada2017
This is a murder....plain and simple

No excuse .....none .
Doc Holliday
Fort Worth has some serious issues with cops.
Canada2017
Shoots through a window at 2am ?

Kills a lady in her own house ?

Total bull**** .

Straight to jail....20 years to life .
Kyle
Agreed. The stupid **** that did this should never see the sun. What a freaking stupid ****.
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Maybe, but I want to know more
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Shoot someone through a window of their house at 2 am for not raising their arms ?

Going to need one hell of a reason .
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Shoot someone through a window of their house at 2 am for not raising their arms ?

I just want to know more before sending him "Straight to jail....20 years to life ."
YoakDaddy
Reads like a scared cop messed up procedurally then shot an unarmed person. That's sad and does nothing to foster a good relationship with the community.

IMO I didn't see any malice on the cops part; not like those Houston PD narcs that busted the drug house in east Houston in that no-knock raid.
robby44
She had her 8 year old nephew in the house with her
Canada2017
YoakDaddy said:

Reads like a scared cop messed up procedurally then shot an unarmed person. That's sad and does nothing to foster a good relationship with the community.

IMO I didn't see any malice on the cops part; not like those Houston PD narcs that busted the drug house in east Houston in that no-knock raid.

Cops that recklessly kill or injure innocent people should face the same consequences as anyone else .

YoakDaddy
Canada2017 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Cops that recklessly kill or injure innocent people should face the same consequences as anyone else .

I don't disagree.
quash
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

I just want to know more before sending him "Straight to jail....20 years to life ."

Maybe a trial first?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Maybe a trial first?

By all means.

Gotta adhere to the formalities.

Then send the stupid ####### to Huntsville.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Maybe a trial first?
Novel idea
quash
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Maybe a trial first?

By all means.

Protections, not formalities. There might be important facts that have not yet come out.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
contrario
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Maybe a trial first?

By all means.

Protections, not formalities. There might be important facts that have not yet come out.
This. It doesn't look good for the cop so far, but we have due process for a reason.
quash
I've always thought calling the cops on somebody just because they won't do what you want them to do (leave our pool, park, whatever) was pretty ****ty.

Now you can't even make a personal welfare call without risking somebody's life.

Should we really have to stop and ponder "Call the police"? It ought to be automatic, not a hesitation over "what if we get a dumbass?"
GoneGirl
robby44 said:

That poor child.
robby44
Jinx 2 said:

robby44 said:

That poor child.

The kid was actually in the room and saw her go down
cinque
Just more evidence to support the growing movement within black communities to forego calling police when we need help:

Squatch Hunter
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/former-fort-worth-police-officer-aaron-dean-charged-with-murder/ar-AAIMcSq

According to this source he is charged with murder.
SIC EM 94
cinque said:

Just more evidence to support the growing movement within black communities to forego calling police when we need help:

I've seen a lot of evidence to support police foregoing responding to calls in black communities. Maybe both parties can work out a deal?
Kyle
They played the tape on the radio this morning ... it was disturbing. The guy basically said "put your hands up" and shot without even giving her a moment to put her hands up. Not that that was the main problem, he should have never pulled the gun in the first place, but it just shows how truly messed up this was.
cinque
SIC EM 94 said:

cinque said:

I've seen a lot of evidence to support police foregoing responding to calls in black communities. Maybe both parties can work out a deal?
Do black people kill police who come to their neighborhoods for the ostensible purpose of helping them?

https://newsone.com/3889899/atatiana-jefferson-black-people-calling-police/
Kyle
I don't think it materially changes the key problem with this incident, but interested that the police did not send the police to the home on a "welfare check" but an "open structure" call. Not defending the action of the cop, but does change the perspective of the framework they took into the situation.
quash
Kyle said:

I don't think it materially changes the key problem with this incident, but interested that the police did not send the police to the home on a "welfare check" but an "open structure" call. Not defending the action of the cop, but does change the perspective of the framework they took into the situation.
Those characterizations are crucial. You can see the role it plays when a family calls about a mentally ill adult child: they expect an ambulance, like last time, but the key decision maker is not a mental health worker but rather a 911 operator, who sends the cops instead and they shoot the guy.
Prairie_Bear
Terrible, hope they don't go easy on him bc he is a cop.

I get time of day and thinking it could be a robbery, but common sense would think any decent criminal wouldn't have the house lit up like a ballpark.

Read an article awhile ago that made a lot of sense. In short, in the past our "decks" used to be porches. Porches fostered having relationships with your neighbors, decks isolate us. We give likes and text messages instead of truly interacting with those around us. There is no reason this neighbor had to involve police, check on it yourself. Call them, knock on the door, etc.

Hopefully the lesson from this is stare at our phone less and interact with real people around us more. Create real relationships, not fake interactions to avoid needless situations like this.
Kyle
quash said:

Kyle said:

Those characterizations are crucial. You can see the role it plays when a family calls about a mentally ill adult child: they expect an ambulance, like last time, but the key decision maker is not a mental health worker but rather a 911 operator, who sends the cops instead and they shoot the guy.
I listened to a former cop and prosecutor and current defense attorney on the radio last night, and that was his take. Going to a call as an "open structure," the cops would have approached as a potential burglary or at worst kidnapping / murder in-progress. I thought he was balanced and was critical of the way the cop performed while acknowledging they were not going in with the frame of checking on someone but rather potentially interrupting a crime in progress.

For me, it answered the question of why he didn't just rollup, knock on the door, and ask if anyone was home and if they were okay.
Osodecentx
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Maybe a trial first?
Woman pointed a gun at something outside the window, according to the nephew in the bedroom
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Maybe a trial first?
Woman pointed a gun at something outside the window, according to the nephew in the bedroom
Details matter.
quash
Kyle said:

quash said:

Kyle said:

I listened to a former cop and prosecutor and current defense attorney on the radio last night, and that was his take. Going to a call as an "open structure," the cops would have approached as a potential burglary or at worst kidnapping / murder in-progress. I thought he was balanced and was critical of the way the cop performed while acknowledging they were not going in with the frame of checking on someone but rather potentially interrupting a crime in progress.

For me, it answered the question of why he didn't just rollup, knock on the door, and ask if anyone was home and if they were okay.
Sounds like Pete Schulte, used to office with him.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Maybe a trial first?
Details matter.
Not to the mayor, DA, media, or chief of police
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Total bull**** .

Maybe a trial first?
Details matter.
Not to the mayor, DA, media, or chief of police
Or most of our fellow posters.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.