Actual proof of corruption

3,844 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by quash
Justin Kates
How long do you want to ignore this user?

-Justin Kates
ValhallaBear

The American people are victims of the greatest practical joke in history

We think we live in a free society void of the the corruption of lesser developed countries when in fact we live in the most corrupt system ever created
Kyle
There definitely seems to be a lot of fire around Russia and Ukraine regarding a lot of people in the Obama administration.
riflebear
Could you imagine if this had been Trump and his sons involved in this. It would be 24/7 news and he would already be impeached. Instead we have smoke & mirrors from the Dems trying to blame Trump AGAIN for the very crimes they were involved in.

If we had any kind of ethical journalism left this wouldn't be allowed to happen.
corncob pipe
It's a pay to play money tree...

And all this time I thought Joe was just a good ole representative of the people... spending a lifetime of public servitude, fighting tooth and nail for the middle class...!?!?
ValhallaBear
Doc Holliday
corncob pipe said:

It's a pay to play money tree...

And all this time I thought Joe was just a good ole representative of the people... spending a lifetime of public servitude, fighting tooth and nail for the middle class...!?!?
Yep, that's exactly what it was. Pay to play.
ScottS
Do Cinque and 1947 care?
Forest Bueller
ScottS said:

Do Cinque and 1947 care?
Of course not.
BearFan33
Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to look into the Bidens because that was already done and debunked? You mean to tell me there is corruption in the democratic ranks?
Justin Kates
Another Twitter thread detailing why all of the Impeachment bluster from the left. THEY ARE CAUGHT.

Or easier read here:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1195396154722340865.html
-Justin Kates
Booray
That is proof of payment. Proof of corruption would be an illegal act in exchange for the payment.
HuMcK
Booray said:

That is proof of payment. Proof of corruption would be an illegal act in exchange for the payment.
Is it even "proof" of payment? Far as I can tell they are unverified documents allegedly from a Latvian (?) Intel Service, being posted online by some random guy with no journalistic bona fides. Plus like you say, payments by themselves don't show much without any corresponding improper acts.
Justin Kates
You folks are LAUGHABLE. 'Investigators' just spent the better part of 3 years trying to pin corruption on a sitting Prez and came up with NOTHING. Then, big time payments to THOSE SAME POWER PLAYERS' families surface and it's 'only proof of money changing hands', 'dont see any corruption there'.

You folks DONT WANT TO SEE CORRUPTION. Or dont recognize what corruption looks like.

Corruption looks like the Washington elite families showing up and profiting from US Treasury in places where we are handing out billions of dollars in 'aid'.

At least the Bidens, Kerrys, and Pelosis are caught up in this. It would not surprise me in the least if there were families on both sides of the aisle that get exposed in this. Who knows... Romney? McCain?

-Justin Kates
Booray
Justin Kates said:

You folks are LAUGHABLE. 'Investigators' just spent the better part of 3 years trying to pin corruption on a sitting Prez and came up with NOTHING. Then, big time payments to THOSE SAME POWER PLAYERS' families surface and it's 'only proof of money changing hands', 'dont see any corruption there'.

You folks DONT WANT TO SEE CORRUPTION. Or dont recognize what corruption looks like.

Corruption looks like the Washington elite families showing up and profiting from US Treasury in places where we are handing out billions of dollars in 'aid'.

At least the Bidens, Kerrys, and Pelosis are caught up in this. It would not surprise me in the least if there were families on both sides of the aisle that get exposed in this. Who knows... Romney? McCain?

You don't have to investigate President Trump for corruption. He and his family do it openly, promoting their brand and hotels through the office.

I wouldn't expect that you could bribe a billionaire so the investigators were not looking for stuff like this. And yes, Robert Mueller concluded there is not evidence of collusion sufficient to warrant a prosecution. My gut tells me that is because people like Roger Stone and Paul Manafort lied their asses off.

But one needs proof of corruption to charge; if it is not there, everyone moves on. Maybe the guilty go free.

Same thing applies here. The fact that someone got paid doesn't mean anything by itself. The Bidens get the same benefit of the doubt that Trump gets. If you have proof of something illegal or unethical, lets see it. The subject of this thread is not anywhere near that.

Booray
HuMcK said:

Booray said:

Is it even "proof" of payment? Far as I can tell they are unverified documents allegedly from a Latvian (?) Intel Service, being posted online by some random guy with no journalistic bona fides. Plus like you say, payments by themselves don't show much without any corresponding improper acts.
Well, I guess it is evidence. What it proves is nothing.
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

Not necessarily. For example, Rosemont Seneca also created an equity firm in partnership with China, funded by the Chinese government via the Bank of China, which in turn partnered with the Chinese state-owned military contractor AVIC to obtain control of Henniges, a manufacturer of dual-use technology, with the approval of CFIUS under the Obama administration and John Kerry's State Department. AVIC is well known for stealing American technology to compete with American companies and supply the Chinese military.

Is any of this illegal? No, not unless you want to talk about treason. Is it concerning? It definitely should be.

I find it comical that Trump's use of his hotels or his pressure on Zelensky is even compared with this. It's nowhere close in terms of national security implications. In terms of personal gain it doesn't even compare with Obama's leveraging of his political position to sell books and to enrich himself perhaps more successfully than any other president in our history.

Rosemont's dealings with China are what Trump means when he talks about draining the swamp. He's talking about a globalist elite disregarding the national interest for massive private gain. You're talking about Trump hosting some foreigners in his hotel for a benefit that would be marginal even if he didn't donate it to the US Treasury.
quash
How do you donate branding to charity?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Trump's hotel brand is based on his name and notoriety, not the fact that some anonymous diplomats spent the night there.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Trump's hotel brand is based on his name and notoriety, not the fact that some anonymous diplomats spent the night there.
International bigwigs. Great for the brand. All the best people.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

POTUS has lost nearly a billion since taking office.

He's not there to enrich himself like Nancy Pelosi or Obama.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

So, you've seem his tax returns? Awesome.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

This was last year. I'm sure it's more now.
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/trump-has-lost-1-billion-personal-wealth-running-president-n916221

Unless this NBC article is fake news?

Quote:

Revenue from Trump-branded ties, whiskies, MAGA hats and other merchandise has plummeted to just $3 million from $23 million in 2015. "He has significantly tarnished the brand," licensing expert Jeff Lotman told Forbes.

Additionally:

• Revenue at his golf clubs is down by 9 percent, in part because of the increased security that guests have to go through to attend the resorts.
  • Trump Tower condos are down 33 percent from their highs, and have fallen every year since Trump announced his run for the presidency.
  • Overall hotel revenue is down by $30 million since Trump announced he was running for president and three major Trump-branded hotels have even stripped his name from their properties.

Please tell me you don't actually think Trump is doing this for the money?
Booray
Did you read the article? Cites three reasons for the loss of wealth: (1) e-commerce eating into his incidental sales; (2) loss of income at properties based on security issues and (3) a correction due to Trump inflating the size of his ....penthouse. 2 of the 3 have zero to do with him being POTUS.

The article also mentions that his Washington Hotel is doing well, I wonder why?

Trump's reported wealth has always varied wildly and is essentially a guess. So I would take the "he has lost a billion" with a huge grain of salt.

What is clear is that he has promoted his private interests far more than any one to ever occupy the Oval Office.

quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/trump-has-lost-1-billion-personal-wealth-running-president-n916221

Quote:

Revenue from Trump-branded ties, whiskies, MAGA hats and other merchandise has plummeted to just $3 million from $23 million in 2015. "He has significantly tarnished the brand," licensing expert Jeff Lotman told Forbes.

Additionally:

• Revenue at his golf clubs is down by 9 percent, in part because of the increased security that guests have to go through to attend the resorts.
  • Trump Tower condos are down 33 percent from their highs, and have fallen every year since Trump announced his run for the presidency.
  • Overall hotel revenue is down by $30 million since Trump announced he was running for president and three major Trump-branded hotels have even stripped his name from their properties.

If course I do. But Trump has made business mistakes in the past.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Quote:

Additionally:

He clearly didn't run to make money and you base your opinion of him on MSM.

You have everything backwards: Obama is worth millions. Clinton's are with hundreds of millions. All while holding office. Yet you hate Trump and he's lost tens of millions.

At some point you have to look at the numbers dude. They say a lot more than appearances.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Quote:

Additionally:

You have everything backwards: Obama is worth millions. Clinton's are with hundreds of millions. All while holding office. Yet you hate Trump and he's lost tens of millions.

At some point you have to look at the numbers dude. They say a lot more than appearances.

Wrong. So much wrong.

I know it would radically change how you post but you need to stick to what you can prove
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

What is clear is that he has promoted his private interests far more than any one to ever occupy the Oval Office.

No.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Quote:

Additionally:

Wrong. So much wrong.

I know it would radically change how you post but you need to stick to what you can prove
I linked an article showing the massive losses. You have nothing to offer to prove he's making bank off being POTUS.

It's odd to me that you bash Trump...but during the eight years of Obama's presidency, the Clinton Foundation reported total revenue of more than $1.1 billion and The Clinton net worth reaching 7 figures!
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Quote:

Additionally:

Wrong. So much wrong.

I linked an article showing the massive losses. You have nothing to offer to prove he's making bank off being POTUS.

It's odd to me that you bash Trump...but during the eight years of Obama's presidency, the Clinton Foundation reported total revenue of more than $1.1 billion and The Clinton net worth reaching 7 figures!
BFD. Clinton is an ex-president. In office we have an emoluments clause. I "bash" Trump over a constitutional difference. You use whataboutism over ideology.
Booray
Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

No.

Yes.

By constantly conducting state business at his private properties he gets the benefit of direct revenue and the benefit of free advertising. His aborted selection of his own hotel to host G-7 was just a gross overreach. The US has 500 resorts that could host that summit. How in the world can you justify that conflict of interest?

He tweets about his clubs, has aircrews stay at his places,. Kellyanne Conway shills for Ivanka's clothing brand. Who knows we're all the MAGA merchandise money goes. Don Jr sells his attempt at literature.

It literally never ends.
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Quote:

Additionally:

Wrong. So much wrong.

This would probably be easier to figure out if he would release his tax returns. The man is a bald-faced liar. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Quote:

Additionally:

Wrong. So much wrong.

This would probably be easier to figure out if he would release his tax returns. The man is a bald-faced liar. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.
We've already seen his returns for a year that Rachel Maddow smugly released live air and embarrassed herself because it showed Trump paid a higher percentage in taxes than every single candidate.

You need to get past your hatred for this man.

Sto
ATL Bear
Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

No.

Yes.

By constantly conducting state business at his private properties he gets the benefit of direct revenue and the benefit of free advertising. His aborted selection of his own hotel to host G-7 was just a gross overreach. The US has 500 resorts that could host that summit. How in the world can you justify that conflict of interest?

He tweets about his clubs, has aircrews stay at his places,. Kellyanne Conway shills for Ivanka's clothing brand. Who knows we're all the MAGA merchandise money goes. Don Jr sells his attempt at literature.

It literally never ends.
The Clinton's and Obama's net worths have increased by factors of anywhere from 30-50 times from the point prior to election. If Trump experienced a similar windfall he'd become the wealthiest individual in the world by a significant amount. I'm going to predict now that won't happen. Trump was a promoter prior to obtaining office, so I'm not shocked that his commercialism never truly stopped. But the exponential wealth factor generated by the political power play, during and post Presidency, is much more concerning to me and should be to all.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

No.

Yes.

It literally never ends.
The Clinton's and Obama's net worths have increased by factors of anywhere from 30-50 times from the point prior to election. If Trump experienced a similar windfall he'd become the wealthiest individual in the world by a significant amount. I'm going to predict now that won't happen. Trump was a promoter prior to obtaining office, so I'm not shocked that his commercialism never truly stopped. But the exponential wealth factor generated by the political power play, during and post Presidency, is much more concerning to me and should be to all.

What BS. Obama did zero to feather his own nest during his time in office. It's ridiculous to argue he has used his political influence to enrich himself after he left office as he has no influence over the current government. He has made his money fair and square.

Clinton, I don't know.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.