Two more gaps opened in fossil record

8,540 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasScientist
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/newly-discovered-fossil-bird-fills-gap-between-dinosaurs-and-modern-fliers-180973551/?utm_source=smithsoniantopic&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20191117-Weekender&spMailingID=41126067&spUserID=NzQwNDUzNzE1NDMS1&spJobID=1641387321&spReportId=MTY0MTM4NzMyMQS2
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
bearassnekkid
quash said:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/newly-discovered-fossil-bird-fills-gap-between-dinosaurs-and-modern-fliers-180973551/?utm_source=smithsoniantopic&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20191117-Weekender&spMailingID=41126067&spUserID=NzQwNDUzNzE1NDMS1&spJobID=1641387321&spReportId=MTY0MTM4NzMyMQS2
Lol at the "fills in gaps" phrase contained in the headline. They found a bird that was very similar to birds they've found from 30 million years earlier. Earth shattering.
Redbrickbear
Darwin assumed we would fill in the gaps in his theory pretty quickly.

200 years on we still have not.....and in many places they have only grown.

The weakness of Darwinian evolution Theory as an all encompassing answer to the origins of live on this planet are shown by the increasing shrillness of the academic class in defending it.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Redbrickbear said:

The weakness of Darwinian evolution Theory as an all encompassing answer to the origins of live on this planet are shown by the increasing shrillness of the academic class in defending it.
Wisdom teeth and the appendix are two pretty good real examples of Evolution. I think it is possible to believe in science and Adam and Eve running around nekkid in the Garden of Eden. You don't have to pick just one.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Redbrickbear
I have no idea if the Bible creation theory is correct.

But neither do the Darwinian theory advocates.

The more we learn about genetics and the time scale of the earth the less likely traditional Darwinian evolution is to be true.

The mathematics simply bury anyone trying to square it.

https://crossexamined.org/yale-computer-science-professor-david-gelernter-expresses-doubts-about-darwinism/

"Dr. Gelernter cited three arguments in his article: the origin of life, and the Cambrian explosion, and genetic entropy. In the first two problems, there is a problem of huge amounts of biological information coming into being. We know that software engineers can write code like that, but there is no Darwinian mechanism for writing that much code and that short of a time period. The third problem shows that Darwinian mechanisms not only don't produce functional code they actually break it down."
Wrecks Quan Dough
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Wisdom teeth and the appendix are two pretty good real examples of Evolution. I think it is possible to believe in science and Adam and Eve running around nekkid in the Garden of Eden. You don't have to pick just one.
1. Evolution, at least Darwinian macro-evolution, is not "science." It is a worldview cloaked in scientific terminology.

2. Macroevolution and a literal Genesis account are like oil and water. They cannot co-exist. If you think animals died off prior to Adam and Eve, then you believe that there was death before sin entered the world. God told Adam that if he ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, then he would die. Paul expounded on the Genesis account in Romans and I Corinthians when he said that sin entered the world through one man [Adam] and death entered through sin.

3. The cause of death is sin. Sin did not exist until Adam disobeyed. Only then was death allowed to enter the world. Evolution would have death occurring prior to sin. That is a problem for either Macroevolution or a literal Genesis account. I suppose it largely depends on whether your authority is God or Hawking.
quash
Redbrickbear said:

Sigh. Evolution is not about the origin of life and making that claim is simply a badge of ignorance. Learn more about evolution before you try to talk about it.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Redbrickbear
quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sigh. Evolution is not about the origin of life and making that claim is simply a badge of ignorance. Learn more about evolution before you try to talk about it.
Again I am merely relating what a Yale academic is saying...

"A renowned scientist at Yale University the New York Times called him a "rock star" he served on the National Council on the Arts. He explained in a recent essay in the Claremont Review of Books why he no longer believes Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. He makes similar points in a recent interview with the Hoover Institution's Peter Robinson.
Gelernter, who is famous for predicting the emergence of the World Wide Web"

Your fight is with him not me.
contrario
Darwinism clearly is not perfect, but neither is the creation story. 2,000 years from now, with new evidence, Darwinism will have "evolved" and we will have a better understanding of how life evolved over millions of years. In 2,000 years, creationists will still think the earth is a few thousand years old and life was put here as it is and nothing changes (which, if you have a strict belief in the Bible, you must believe this). So, while I agree Darwinism isn't perfect, I can chew gum and walk at the same time and realize creationism isn't perfect either.
Osodecentx
contrario said:

In 2,000 years, creationists will still think the earth is a few thousand years old and life was put here as it is and nothing changes (which, if you have a strict belief in the Bible, you must believe this). So, while I agree Darwinism isn't perfect, I can chew gum and walk at the same time and realize creationism isn't perfect either.
Few Creationists think the earth is a few thousand years old. Most believe there are short term evolutionary changes in species.
A strict belief in the Bible does not require that I believe the earth is a few thousand years old.
quash
Redbrickbear said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Again I am merely relating what a Yale academic is saying...

"A renowned scientist at Yale University the New York Times called him a "rock star" he served on the National Council on the Arts. He explained in a recent essay in the Claremont Review of Books why he no longer believes Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. He makes similar points in a recent interview with the Hoover Institution's Peter Robinson.
Gelernter, who is famous for predicting the emergence of the World Wide Web"

Your fight is with him not me.

He doesn't confuse speciation with origin. That was all you.
ValhallaBear
Speaking of fossil gaps, how's your girlfriend?
contrario
Osodecentx said:

contrario said:

In 2,000 years, creationists will still think the earth is a few thousand years old and life was put here as it is and nothing changes (which, if you have a strict belief in the Bible, you must believe this). So, while I agree Darwinism isn't perfect, I can chew gum and walk at the same time and realize creationism isn't perfect either.
Few Creationists think the earth is a few thousand years old. Most believe there are short term evolutionary changes in species.
A strict belief in the Bible does not require that I believe the earth is a few thousand years old.
What biblical support for that opinion do you have? If you don't have any, then you aren't a creationist; you are somewhere between. And that's ok. But to be a strict creationist, one must believe the Bible is not wrong, and then one must believe the earth is only a few thousand years old. If you can take the leap that the Bible is wrong, specifically when it comes to science, then where do you draw the line?

Personally, I believe the earth likely was created by a supreme being of some sort and evolution is not excluded from the possibility of life that was created. It's silly to think that life as it is today is the same as it was when it was created.
whitetrash
Osodecentx
contrario said:

Osodecentx said:

contrario said:

What biblical support for that opinion do you have? If you don't have any, then you aren't a creationist; you are somewhere between. And that's ok. But to be a strict creationist, one must believe the Bible is not wrong, and then one must believe the earth is only a few thousand years old. If you can take the leap that the Bible is wrong, specifically when it comes to science, then where do you draw the line?
You are interpreting scripture to mean 24 hour days during Creation. I don't. And I don't accept your definition of 'creationist'. I just want you to know that there are people like me out here.

Personally, I believe the earth likely was created by a supreme being of some sort and evolution is not excluded from the possibility of life that was created.
I agree
Answers in bold above.
Doc Holliday
Alright that settles it guys...

Listen to quash and deny God or be shamed.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

If my name on a post triggers you then maybe you should put me on ignore.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

We both know why you posted it.
Friscobear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Wisdom teeth and the appendix are two pretty good real examples of Evolution adaptation. I think it is possible to believe in science and Adam and Eve running around nekkid in the Garden of Eden. You don't have to pick just one.
FIFY
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Nah, triggering you was an unexpected benefit.
ShooterTX
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Please explain how wisdom teeth and the appendix are examples of evolution.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ShooterTX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

At one time, man needed wisdom teeth to crush food. As man's diet changed and he EVOLVED, they were no longer necessary. At one time, the appendix was an organ that served a purpose (many think digestion), but as man EVOLVED, the organ no longer served any purpose.

Do I think man evolved from apes? No. But I do believe we evolved from a much more primitive and hairier form of man.

Please explain how to be a gazillionaire when the stock market goes up and the stock market goes down.

-- Barack Obama
ShooterTX
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ShooterTX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

At one time, man needed wisdom teeth to crush food. As man's diet changed and he EVOLVED, they were no longer necessary. At one time, the appendix was an organ that served a purpose (many think digestion), but as man EVOLVED, the organ no longer served no purpose.

Do I think man evolved from apes? No. But I do believe we evolved from a much more primitive and hairier form of man.

Please explain how to be a gazillionaire when the stock market goes up and the stock market goes down.

You need to do some reading on the appendix. It serves a very vital function indeed. In fact, the whole idea of vestigial organs which harken back to past levels of evolution... is junk. Every so called vestigial organ has been proven to have a role in the human body. For example, the tail bone is not done remnant of when we used to be monkeys with tails. It is a vital connection point for ligaments & muscles, which makes bipedal motion possible. And our DNA is not filled with old worthless code that is left over from previous stages of evolution. That worthless code is actual viral information which directly affects the "active code" that we use everyday.
The more and more were discover through science & technology, the more and more impossible it becomes to support the theory of evolution.
And then there is the math. Don't even get started on that... the number of attempts needed to achieve even 1 tiny productive protein from a group of amino acids is so large that it would take trillions on top of trillions of years to maybe achieve a single cell organism.
Of course, all of this is impossible because amino acids require very specific circumstances and very complex systems to be formed into proteins. This happens in nature, in the cells of living beings. DNA is required to create proteins, which means that you could not have had the essential proteins for life, without a living being too create those proteins. Bit of a chicken & egg issue there. This had been known for decades, but evolutionists always believed that technology would explain this conundrum. Unfortunately, technology had only revealed that they problem is far more complex than they originally realized.
Most competent scientist are aware that evolution is a broken theory. There have been scientific summits around the world, trying to deal with the mathematical & microbiological problems with evolution. You should really look into it.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Sorry Shooter, but an appendix is not required for a human to survive and thrive. Nor do we need two kidneys.

Do you believe dinosaurs roamed the earth or are they just a big hoax?

-- Barack Obama
Wrecks Quan Dough
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sorry Shooter, but an appendix is not required for a human to survive and thrive. Nor do we need two kidneys.

An appendix still has a function. Dinosaurs roamed the earth and were killed in flood and covered in sediment. You should read about the Flood. It was a lot more cataclysmic than a long period of rain.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Carlos Safety said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

An appendix still has a function. Dinosaurs roamed the earth and were killed in flood and covered in sediment. You should read about the Flood. It was a lot more cataclysmic than a long period of rain.
Noah was EPIC FAIL!!!! Why didn't he load up a couple of dinosaurs on the ark? Did he run out of space? Did he have to flip a coin between the TRexes and the Hippopotami? Inquiring minds want to know.

-- Barack Obama
Wrecks Quan Dough
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Carlos Safety said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Noah was EPIC FAIL!!!! Why didn't he load up a couple of dinosaurs on the ark? Did he run out of space? Did he have to flip a coin between the TRexes and the Hippopotami? Inquiring minds want to know.

Who said Noah failed? He loaded up two of every kind of animal on the ark. God didn't tell him to take two of each species, but two of each kind. Obviously, the lizard is a kind and lizards made the trip.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Nah, triggering you was an unexpected benefit.
Yeah it kind of did
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Carlos Safety said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Carlos Safety said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Who said Noah failed? He loaded up two of every kind of animal on the ark. God didn't tell him to take two of each species, but two of each kind. Obviously, the lizard is a kind and lizards made the trip.
Noah dropped the ball. Deer season is for p u $ $ ies. Can you imagine how exciting T-Rex season would be? Either make your shot or get eaten. Now THAT would be a sport!

-- Barack Obama
ShooterTX
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Humans can also survive without a spleen, or feet, or arms... that doesn't mean that they do not serve a function.
Again, look into the real science on the appendix. There is a reason why doctors don't just remove it, like they used to do. They try to avoid appendectomy if possible. It helps replenish the gut with beneficial bacteria, when it has been depleted due to illness or infection.
You really should read about the appendix, before you falsely claim it is evidence of evolution.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ShooterTX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Humans can also survive without a spleen, or feet, or arms... that doesn't mean that they do not serve a function.
Again, look into the real science on the appendix. There is a reason why doctors don't just remove it, like they used to do. They try to avoid appendectomy if possible. It helps replenish the gut with beneficial bacteria, when it has been depleted due to illness or infection.
You really should read about the appendix, before you falsely claim it is evidence of evolution.
In the year 800, if you lose a limb you lose your life. In the year 2019, you get a prosthesis and life goes on. Advances in medicine and medical care are also proof of Evolution. For the record, I have never heard of someone having their appendix removed just for fun of as a preventative measure. But of course I have led a very sheltered life!

-- Barack Obama
ShooterTX
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ShooterTX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

In the year 800, if you lose a limb you lose your life. In the year 2019, you get a prosthesis and life goes on. Advances in medicine and medical care are also proof of Evolution. For the record, I have never heard of someone having their appendix removed just for fun of as a preventative measure. But of course I have led a very sheltered life!

How exactly is this true?

and no one ever suggested that anyone performed an appendectomy for fun or preventative measure. There used to be a widespread belief that the appendix was a non-functioning organ, so there was usually no thought given to removing it. Now, there are doctors who will try to treat an inflamed appendix, with surgery as a last resort.

It appears to me that you are not taking this topic seriously. If that is true, then just say so, and I will not attempt to educate you on the realities of science & the debunked theory of evolution.
quash
ShooterTX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ShooterTX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

How exactly is this true?

and no one ever suggested that anyone performed an appendectomy for fun or preventative measure. There used to be a widespread belief that the appendix was a non-functioning organ, so there was usually no thought given to removing it. Now, there are doctors who will try to treat an inflamed appendix, with surgery as a last resort.

It appears to me that you are not taking this topic seriously. If that is true, then just say so, and I will not attempt to educate you on the realities of science & the debunked theory of evolution.

The theory if evolution is far from debunked, as it is more robust than the theory of gravity.
Osodecentx
quash said:

The theory if evolution is far from debunked, as it is more robust than the theory of gravity.
Please define 'theory of evolution'.

Do you mean all life originated from one cell creatures or viruses?

Or do species adapt and change over time (a few 100,000 years)?
ShooterTX
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Please define 'theory of evolution'.

Do you mean all life originated from one cell creatures or viruses?

Or do species adapt and change over time (a few 100,000 years)?

I think most people view evolution as an explanation for the origins of life... which is just silly at this point.
Some still hold to evolution as an explanation for how multiple species may have evloved from a single ancestor. This second attempt is currently being debunked by science, technology, and most of all math. The idea that random mutations could cause a water based creature to evolve into a land based creature... it's just laughable. It would take trillions on top of trillions of years for one land based creature to evolve into another land based creature with significant differences... and that just isn't in the realm of reality at all.

If you have an open mind, then I challenge you to watch this interview. It just gives the broad strokes as to why evolution is a false idea from a scientific and mathematical perspective.

If you still believe in evolution after that, then I challenge you to tackle the bio-chemistry problems as well.

Evolution is junk science from the early to mid 1800s, which does not stand the test of time & technology.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.