The Washington Post: 'You're a bunch of dopes and babies': Inside Trump's tirade

5,412 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bearitto
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jinx 2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

So the question is, whose money should he have used?
Depends on where you fall in the argument. I say he should have used campaign funds to pursue a campaign advantage.
And then obviously Jinx, or someone, would accuse him of illegally taking campaign funds for private use. And you wouldn't buy that at all?
You give me way too much power. Way to minimize the really serious charges against Trump made by Congress, not by me. I just read about them, like everyone else.

Many men and women whose dedicated public service is much longer and whose credibility is much greater than Trump's told Congress what Trump and his operatives did.

Gordon Sondland, Trump's own appointee, told House members what Trump did.

The House impeached Trump based on credible evidence that he withheld military aid to an ally AND obstructed justice.

Republicans obviously find these allegations credible, too, because they're done everything possible to prevent the release of papers showing what Trump and his operatives did and keeping public officials like John Bolton from testifying.

Their mad scramble to keep a lid on Trump's perfidy would embarrass anyone with open eyes, ears and a conscience. House Republicans, and most Senate Republicans, don't fit that description in the day and time. What a shame.
No, it's just that many, many of us don't have TDS and go ape whenever he's is accused of something. Many, many of us remember that Democrats were calling for his impeachment before he even took office. That alone should embarrass anyone with open eyes and ears...
Sam Lowry
Jinx 2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Depends on where you fall in the argument. I say he should have used campaign funds to pursue a campaign advantage.
And then obviously Jinx, or someone, would accuse him of illegally taking campaign funds for private use. And you wouldn't buy that at all?
You give me way too much power. Way to minimize the really serious charges against Trump made by Congress, not by me. I just read about them, like everyone else.

Many men and women whose dedicated public service is much longer and whose credibility is much greater than Trump's told Congress what Trump and his operatives did.

The House impeached Trump based on credible evidence that he withheld military aid to an ally AND obstructed justice.

Republicans obviously find these allegations credible, too, because they're done everything possible to prevent the release of papers showing what Trump and his operatives did and keeping public officials like John Bolton from testifying.

Their mad scramble to keep a lid on Trump's perfidy would embarrass anyone with open eyes, ears and a conscience. House Republicans, and most Senate Republicans, don't fit that description in the day and time. What a shame.
Trying to limit the amount of testimony against oneself is not evidence of guilt. It's just how a defense works.

If I seem lighthearted, it's because I look at all this in the context of things like Chinagate - the ongoing, systematic violation of campaign finance law, the literal selling of our executive branch to a foreign military, the hundred-odd people indicted, convicted, pleading the Fifth, or fleeing the country, etc. In this light, there's an element of comedy in the obsession with Trump's peccadilloes. The lack of perspective is just so absurd that it's hard to take seriously.
GoneGirl
fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

No, it's just that many, many of us don't have TDS and go ape whenever he's is accused of something. Many, many of us remember that Democrats were calling for his impeachment before he even took office. That alone should embarrass anyone with open eyes and ears...
Depends on how you define TDS. I define it as such sycophantic support of DJT that you'll find excuses for whatever he does. By that measure, TDS is the only way Trump's presidency has lasted this long, and it's taken a concerted effort by Senate and House Republicans to keep their man standing. Uncritical supporters like you are their enablers. NO politician, regardless of how much you like him, is perfect.

Bush was a nice guy who had immigration policy right but let the neocons frog-march him into invading Iraq under false pretenses. Obama was a nice guy who didn't come out swinging soon enough and hard enough against McConnell and his obstructors or fight them as effectively as he might have. (His immigration enforcement ought to have satisfied even the most ardent Trump supporter, too). Trump is a bad man and a bad president, and the smart Republicans like McConnell know it. But they're in for a pound, and they're effective fighters. That's unfortunate for American democracy and the rule of law.
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Depends on how you define TDS. I define it as such sycophantic support of DJT that you'll find excuses for whatever he does. By that measure, TDS is the only way Trump's presidency has lasted this long, and it's taken a concerted effort by Senate and House Republicans to keep their man standing. Uncritical supporters like you are their enablers. NO politician, regardless of how much you like him, is perfect.

Bush was a nice guy who had immigration policy right but let the neocons frog-march him into invading Iraq under false pretenses. Obama was a nice guy who didn't come out swinging soon enough and hard enough against McConnell and his obstructors or fight them as effectively as he might have. (His immigration enforcement ought to have satisfied even the most ardent Trump supporter, too). Trump is a bad man and a bad president, and the smart Republicans like McConnell know it. But they're in for a pound, and they're effective fighters. That's unfortunate for American democracy and the rule of law.
Ok...what do you define as "sycophantic support?"

Why do you say that I am uncritical of Trump?

I have never said that Trump (or any other politician) was perfect.

I define TDS as someone like you who feels compelled to visit a university message board to do nothing but post negative things about the President...you are just like the Republicans who did it about Obama. I define TDS as someone, like you, who cannot credit Trump when he does something correctly. Maybe you don't agree with anything he does...fine, but why do you feel the need to visit a university message board to rant about it?

I define TDS as someone, like you, that posts false generalizations like "sycophantic support" or "find excuses for whatever he does."

I define TDS as someone, like you, who cannot tolerate someone else's opinion. I do not know if Trump is a bad man or not because I don't know him. But you exhibit the same behaviors that you say you don't like about him.
GrowlTowel
Jinx 2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Same planet, different worlds.

Trump was not charged with or impeached for obstruction of justice.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Bearitto
GrowlTowel said:

Jinx 2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Same planet, different worlds.

Trump was not charged with or impeached for obstruction of justice.

Now, now. It's really not fair if you insist on using facts and truth.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.