US/Mexico Border Apprehensions 2019 Down Dramatically

656 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Canada2017
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From 144,311 in May to 40,620 in December

Despite all the obstructions from Democrats in Congress
Despite all the failed lawsuits attempting to stop construction.....the Wall is going up.

And like the Border Patrol agents told me along the New Mexico border....The Wall is WORKING.

Also Trumps threat of tariffs on Mexican imports to the US finally got real cooperation from Mexico . ( I saw Mexican federal troops patrolling their side of the border )

And Trumps change of policy....amnesty applicants now have to wait in Mexico until their case gets heard....

It's all working .

Thank you President Orange Hair !
midgett
Canada2017 said:

Despite all the failed lawsuits attempting to stop construction.....the Wall is going up.

And like the Border Patrol agents told me along the New Mexico border....The Wall is WORKING.

Also Trumps threat of tariffs on Mexican imports to the US finally got real cooperation from Mexico . ( I saw Mexican federal troops patrolling their side of the border )

And Trumps change of policy....amnesty applicants now have to wait in Mexico until their case goes to court

It's all working .

God Bless President Orange Hair !

What is the year over year change? Just wondering if there are weather, holiday, etc., issues that distort a May vs December comparison.

It's telling that this CRISIS!!!!!!! is rarely mentioned by the media. If it's still a crisis, shouldn't it still be covered? If it's no longer a crisis, did Trumpster solve it? If so, can he get credit?
riflebear
midgett said:

Canada2017 said:

And Trumps change of policy....amnesty applicants now have to wait in Mexico until their case goes to court

It's all working .

What is the year over year change? Just wondering if there are weather, holiday, etc., issues that distort a May vs December comparison.

It's telling that this CRISIS!!!!!!! is rarely mentioned by the media. If it's still a crisis, shouldn't it still be covered? If it's no longer a crisis, did Trumpster solve it? If so, can he get credit?
riflebear
This is frightening seeing the breakdown of apprehensions from each country around the year. Shows each year back to 2007 - 2018.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2019-Mar/BP%20Apps%20by%20Sector%20and%20Citizenship%20FY07-FY18.pdf
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

And Trumps change of policy....amnesty applicants now have to wait in Mexico until their case gets heard....

It's all working .

Thank you President Orange Hair !

^^^ This is fantastic news because we know you know

The above post is from "boots on ground" in case anyone doesn't know
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Good questions Midget. I am not much at reading graphs but it looks like if we continue to spend millions on the wall we will soon approach the levels before we had President Trumph.

Is this graph showing that Obama had lower levels?

Maybe there are bigger factors at play than the name of the president and things that happen in other places have a huge effect on the changing numbers.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canada2017
midgett said:

Canada2017 said:

It's all working .

Keep in mind illegal entries are dropping drastically despite our booming economy.

In the past such economic strength often resulted in a surge of illegals .

Combined with Trumps amazingly low unemployment numbers.....employers might need to raise wages to keep their workers.

Which Trump mentioned as one of his goals .

Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

midgett said:

Canada2017 said:

It's all working .

Keep in mind illegal entries are dropping drastically despite our booming economy.

In the past such economic strength often resulted in a surge of illegals .

Combined with Trumps amazingly low unemployment numbers.....employers might need to raise wages to keep their workers.

Which Trump mentioned as one of his goals .

^^^ Bringing it today
midgett
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Good questions Midget. I am not much at reading graphs but it looks like if we continue to spend millions on the wall we will soon approach the levels before we had President Trumph.

Is this graph showing that Obama had lower levels?

Maybe there are bigger factors at play than the name of the president and things that happen in other places have a huge effect on the changing numbers.

Another reason for the spike could be the Democratic-fueled race to the border. Perhaps, propaganda and dollars were funneled to generate a swell of illegal immigrants to mass at the border. Puts pressure on the president and is another "bombshell" for the liberal media to report.

Limited, you have to be willing to accept that as a potential reason whether it's true or not.
Perhaps, Puerto Rico smuggled suppliers to the caravans.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I just thought it was amazing that our president gets credit for lowering the spike that happened on his watch. As I said, there are probably many reasons for both the increase on Pres. Trump's watch and the decrease.

The graph seems to show that with any luck we will get it back down to democratic levels.

And I am being sarcastic by saying "democratic levels". There are many factors but some of the biggest involve the economies of other countries.
Canada2017

I just thought it was amazing that our president gets credit for lowering the spike that happened on his watch. As I said, there are probably many reasons for both the increase on Pres. Trump's watch and the decrease.

The graph seems to show that with any luck we will get it back down to democratic levels.

And I am being sarcastic by saying "democratic levels". There are many factors but some of the biggest involve the economies of other countries.

chuckle

Hispanic Border Patrol agents along the New Mexico border stated clearly the reasons to me.

1) Trumps threat of a tariff on Mexican imports to the US has the Mexican army stopping caravans before they even reach the US border
2) the WALL
3) change in US policy that asylum seekers have to wait in Mexico until their hearing

But you might be happy to know these agents also agree with you that more legal work permits need to be granted

Of course what do these Border Patrol agents know right ?
Doubt they even read the New York Times.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Chuckle chuckle. You posted and bragged on the graph. How long did your Hispanic officers say it would be till President Trump got it down to what Obama did without millions of dollars on a wall and threats of tariffs ?
Canada2017

Chuckle chuckle. You posted and bragged on the graph. How long did your Hispanic officers say it would be till President Trump got it down to what Obama did without millions of dollars on a wall and threats of tariffs ?

Silly deflection .

I didn't post the graph or even comment on it .

Why are you so loath to admit what Trump is doing is working ? It's not like you would vote for him in any case .

Really believe you know more about what's happening on the border than the agents who arrest illegals every day ?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I am sorry. The graph Rifle posted is a picture of what is really happening. Its data. I should have known you wouldnt have posted on it or commented on it.

I havent talked to any Hispanic border guards lately.

If I had to choose between basing my opinion on a data driven chart showing the number of border arrests year by year or the story of an unnamed Hispanic border patrol, I would choose the facts over the story. How about you?

Florda_mike
Common sense should tell ANYONE the Wall is working but idk if rifle's chart is a great indicator

Canada's story has merit though and the chart shows tendencies that were rumored with both Obama and Trump presidencies

Obama admin was accused of open borders and not allowing Border Patrol to do its' job, hence low apprehensions in '15. However, that doesn't mean there was low crossings most likely as there were complaints by right of low to no enforcement as obama was making apprehensions more difficult for border agents as left wanted open borders for additional voters. Anyone listening and interpreting news in an honest way know left wants open borders don't they

So let's dont brag that obama's Apprehension Rate was good. That's the definition of disingenuous isn't it?

The story of graph during Trump years also shows news narrative of more enforcement/apprehensions during Trump years, then as wall built and Mexican enforcement on their side the numbers are going down significantly

That's how the graph tells the news narrative that the right says shows progress of wall and Trump term policies as Canada's individual story verifies

To say otherwise and give obama credit for low border apprehensions seems flagrantly dishonest
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I said there were many factors. If you look at the chart and celebrate the recent decline as a Pres. Trump and wall achievement, doesn't he share the blame for the big increase?

According to the graph one president seems to have held a stable and low rate. The other president has almost achieved the same level.

I attribute it to many things ..Trump fluffers look for any reason to praise him.

A friend of my little brother was in Juarez a few days ago and a man named Pedro told him that the wall has forced his son to drive an extra 30 miles to deliver drugs across the boarder. He said it was ok
because he just passed the extra cost onto the final price.
Florda_mike
My points went over your head

Sorry too much work to try again
Canada2017

I am sorry. The graph Rifle posted is a picture of what is really happening. Its data. I should have known you wouldnt have posted on it or commented on it.

I havent talked to any Hispanic border guards lately.

If I had to choose between basing my opinion on a data driven chart showing the number of border arrests year by year or the story of an unnamed Hispanic border patrol, I would choose the facts over the story. How about you?

Several agents at different times and locations ....not just one.

And the agents did mention that drugs were still coming in south of Lordsburg, New Mexico west through southern Arizona..........

Where the wall DOESN'T yet reach .

But unless the Dems succeed in stopping construction .....the Wall should be up within the next 18 months .

The big question is if the Tohono O' Odham Nation will allow the Wall to be built on their incredibly isolated section of the border . They are very poor Indians and taking payoffs from the drug smugglers in exchange for easy passage must be very tempting .

Currently even at the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument there are signs warning tourists the dangers of running into drug smugglers.

Like the agents told me....this stretch of the border is the 'Wild, Wild, West .
Canada2017
Update

Followed up with one Border Patrol agent asking what...from his experience...contributed to the huge spike in the arrest of illegals last year.

He didn't hesitate at all.

' DACA '

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.