NBC NEWS - Voting for Trump "Unconstitutional"

2,315 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Sam Lowry
Bearitto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a real article written and published by NBC.

If the Trump era has taught us anything, it's that large numbers of white people in the United States are motivated at least in part by racism in the voting booth....Trump made it clear in his campaign that "Make America Great Again" meant that America was greater when white people's power was more sweeping and more secure. White voters approved of that message by a whopping 58 percent to 37 percent.

Rather than excuse racist voters or try to figure out how to live with their choices, he argues that racist voting is not just immoral, but illegal. The government, Smith says, has the ability, and the responsibility, to address it.

"When voters go to the booth, they're not expressing a mere personal preference," Smith told me. According to Smith, voters who pull the levers to harm black people are violating the Constitution. If the Constitution means that overt racist appeals undermine the legality of union elections, it stands to reason that they undermine the legality of other elections, as well.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-voters-motivated-racism-may-be-violating-constitution-can-they-ncna1110356
codyorr
Bearitto said:

This is a real article written by an author and freelance writer and published by NBC in their "Opinion" section.
FIFY.

Quote:

Rather than excuse racist voters or try to figure out how to live with their choices, he argues that racist voting is not just immoral, but illegal. The government, Smith says, has the ability, and the responsibility, to address it.

That's a scary line. The government can't look into someone's mind and determine why they voted a certain way, and they certainly shouldn't try.

Quote:

For example, Smith points out that racist appeals in union elections are illegal and that an election in which one side uses racist appeals can be invalidated by the National Labor Relations Board. Similarly, in the 2016 case Pea v. Rodriguez, the Supreme Court ruled that when a juror expresses overt bigotry, the jury's verdict should be invalidated.

OK, so maybe Smith isn't arguing that voting a particular way should be illegal, but running a campaign with overt appeals to racism should be prohibited. I've heard of worse ideas, but I don't know who we could trust to be the arbitrator of what constitutes appeals to racism.

Quote:

It's more difficult to censure voters who have violated their constitutional duties. Nullifying elections would be essentially impossible. But Smith argues that there are other options.

"I think we can dismantle some of the features of the electoral system that encourage racialized decision-making," he says. "For instance, you only get a partisan gerrymander by moving people in and out of districts on the basis of their race." Ending this practice at the state and federal levels would be a big step toward reducing the power of racism at the ballot box, as would ending the use of Voter IDs intended to disenfranchise black voters.

I don't accept on face that gerrymandering only occurs due to segregation, but to the extent that voting laws and district boundaries do make it harder for certain people to vote or have their vote count equally, that should be remedied.

Quote:

Even more ambitiously, Smith suggests expanding the Voting Rights Act to address the racist patterns of voting in Senate elections in the South. Because the majority of white voters in the South vote Republican, and because they outnumber black voters, there isn't a single Democratic senator from the Deep South other than Doug Jones in Alabama, who may well lose his seat in 2020. Smith argues that we could remedy these disparate, racially motivated outcomes by creating Senate districts. Presumably, that would make it at least possible for black voters to elect a senator who would support their interests.

Isn't this the point of the House of Representatives?

BusyTarpDuster2017
Outlawing racist voting would eliminate virtually all votes from democrats.
jdrs
So tired of being told I am a racist if I vote for Trump.
Florda_mike
Ever wonder why every politician is ultra wealthy now?

Do you think Biden is the only one with side deals netting himself and family tens of millions?

Is there a chance Pelosi has side deals that Trump could expose? How about Obama? Schumer? Romney?

NBC? CBS? Hollywood? Etc

They usually Clintoncide those that get in the way but they can't just kill Trump. So impeachment is current attempt

So many scoundrels stand to be exposed if Trump is lame duck in 2nd term. They can't allow him to win
Canada2017
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

54% white vote for a particularly candidate is racist

93% black vote for a particular candidate is not racist

Who could possibly doubt it ?
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

I wonder if democrats can comprehend above post?
BaylorFTW
The author Noah Berlatsky is lefty Jewish weirdo. Of course, he thinks it is ok to smear people who don't vote and think like him. What does it say about NBC News that they gave him a platform?
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

I wonder if democrats can comprehend above post?

Of course they can....but admit the obvious hypocrisy ?

Never
Sam Lowry
BaylorFTW said:

The author Noah Berlatsky is lefty Jewish weirdo. Of course, he thinks it is ok to smear people who don't vote and think like him. What does it say about NBC News that they gave him a platform?
Is there something wrong with being Jewish?
BaylorFTW
Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

There is a noticeable high correlation between morally destructive ideas or crazy ideas like this one and the person promoting it being an atheistic ethnic Jew or Reform Jew. Why do you think that is?

This criticism does not apply to Messianic Jews and conservative/Orthodox Jews as they don't support such ideas.
Sam Lowry
BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

There is a noticeable high correlation between morally destructive ideas or crazy ideas like this one and the person promoting it being an atheistic ethnic Jew or Reform Jew. Why do you think that is?

This criticism does not apply to Messianic Jews and conservative/Orthodox Jews as they don't support such ideas.

So your problem is with atheism, or Judaism?
Bearitto
Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

If he's cool with Orthodox Jews, can his problem be with Judaism?
Sam Lowry
Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

If he's cool with Orthodox Jews, can his problem be with Judaism?
Good question. I don't know, maybe he just misspelled "lefty atheist weirdo."
BaylorFTW
Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

You didn't answer my question? I will answer yours again after you answer mine.
Sam Lowry
BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

I'm trying to make sense out of your question so I can answer it. If you're asking why there's a high correlation between atheism and destructive ideas, that's one thing. If you're asking why there's a high correlation between Judaism and destructive ideas, that's something else.

Maybe this would be a better way to clarify - are atheistic Jews any worse than regular, plain vanilla atheists?
BaylorFTW
Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

I'm trying to make sense out of your question so I can answer it. If you're asking why there's a high correlation between atheism and destructive ideas, that's one thing. If you're asking why there's a high correlation between Judaism and destructive ideas, that's something else.

Maybe this would be a better way to clarify - are atheistic Jews any worse than regular, plain vanilla atheists?
No, they are the same. But the issue here isn't the atheism per se it is the crazy ideas or morally destructive ideas and who is asserting them.
Sam Lowry
BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

No, they are the same. But the issue here isn't the atheism per se it is the crazy ideas or morally destructive ideas and who is asserting them.
If they're the same then why are we talking about Jews? Why is an idea any more or less crazy or morally destructive because of who asserts it?
BaylorFTW
Sam Lowry said:

If they're the same then why are we talking about Jews?
Because of the high correlation.

Sam Lowry said:

Why is an idea any more or less crazy or morally destructive because of who asserts it?
It's not. A bad idea is a bad idea regardless of who asserts it.
Sam Lowry
BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sam Lowry said:

Why is an idea any more or less crazy or morally destructive because of who asserts it?
Correlation between what? I thought you said it was between bad ideas and atheism.

If it doesn't matter who asserts it, how is that "the issue?"
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
BaylorFTW said:

... Of course, he thinks it is ok to smear people who don't vote and think like him.....

This describes 99% of all the repubs and few dems that post on this board,
BaylorFTW
Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sam Lowry said:

Correlation between what? I thought you said it was between bad ideas and atheism.

Is it ok to say that there are Jews that assert some crazy or morally destructive ideas?

BaylorFTW
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

BaylorFTW said:

... Of course, he thinks it is ok to smear people who don't vote and think like him.....

This describes 99% of all the repubs and few dems that post on this board,
Perhaps but the big difference is this author is essentially saying it should be illegal to vote if you disagree with him.
Sam Lowry
BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sam Lowry said:

Is it ok to say that there are Jews that assert some crazy or morally destructive ideas?

Sure. But it's different from saying there's a high correlation between the two.
BaylorFTW
Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sure. But it's different from saying there's a high correlation between the two.
Well, is it not ok to say there is a high correlation? And you still haven't answered my question on why such a correlation exists?
Sam Lowry
BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sam Lowry said:

Well, is it not ok to say there is a high correlation? And you still haven't answered my question on why such a correlation exists?
I don't know that it does exist. If indeed you've decided that it does, what's your evidence?
BaylorFTW
Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sam Lowry said:

I don't know that it does exist. If indeed you've decided that it does, what's your evidence?
I don't have a hard list but I know at least the following from recent memory:

Peter Singer- supports infanticide
Ester Perel- supports infidelity and more
Jonathan Metzl- wrote book called "Dying of Whiteness" - it is a book that makes the claim white people are killing themselves because of their own racism.
Joe Francis, Al Goldstein and others- Girls Gone Wild owner, Famous Jewish pornographer
Tony Horwitz- author of "Spying On The South" - basically a modern carpetbagger who puts down white Southerners as a bunch of racists and ignorant perpetuating the same garbage..
ADL- strongly promoting flooding the US with 3rd world immigrants. :large
Jeffrey Epstein, Harvey Weinstein and similar ilk- who use their positions and status to corrupt people
Dr. David Ley- he is a porn apologist who claims it is good for you. He is also said to be propped up by the porn industry.
Jewish parents- run a secret gay porn empire. https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-50662998

And I haven't fact checked all of this next part but it appears correct based on spot checking:

"Here's a list of Jews who own the main pornographic networks :
  • VIVID, the largest porn site in the world, ran by Steve Hirsch and Bill Asher
  • AVN Media Paul Fishbein, Irv Slifkin, Barry Rosenblatt
  • PMG Inc/ Private Charles Prast
  • Spiegler Girls, owned by Mark Spiegler (also owner of the paedophile website NAMBLA.ORG)

But it is interesting to observe that almost ALL the distributors and creators of interracial porn are Jewish:
  • Dogfart, owned by Cable Rosenberg site that proposes scenes of "cuckold sessions", "watching my daughter go black" and "interracial blowbang"
  • Skweezme, the "Netflix of porn" owned by Mike Kulich (Kulich offers "racist" celebs the chance to star in his interracial porn)
  • Blacked, owned by Greg Lansky, from France"

Article: http://www.returnofkings.com/115977/the-hidden-agenda-behind-interracial-pornography

Sam Lowry
BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sam Lowry said:

I don't have a hard list but I know at least the following from recent memory:

Peter Singer- supports infanticide
Ester Perel- supports infidelity and more
Jonathan Metzl- wrote book called "Dying of Whiteness" - it is a book that makes the claim white people are killing themselves because of their own racism.
Joe Francis, Al Goldstein and others- Girls Gone Wild owner, Famous Jewish pornographer
Tony Horwitz- author of "Spying On The South" - basically a modern carpetbagger who puts down white Southerners as a bunch of racists and ignorant perpetuating the same garbage..
ADL- strongly promoting flooding the US with 3rd world immigrants. :large
Jeffrey Epstein, Harvey Weinstein and similar ilk- who use their positions and status to corrupt people
Dr. David Ley- he is a porn apologist who claims it is good for you. He is also said to be propped up by the porn industry.
Jewish parents- run a secret gay porn empire. https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-50662998

And I haven't fact checked all of this next part but it appears correct based on spot checking:

"Here's a list of Jews who own the main pornographic networks :
  • VIVID, the largest porn site in the world, ran by Steve Hirsch and Bill Asher
  • AVN Media Paul Fishbein, Irv Slifkin, Barry Rosenblatt
  • PMG Inc/ Private Charles Prast
  • Spiegler Girls, owned by Mark Spiegler (also owner of the paedophile website NAMBLA.ORG)

But it is interesting to observe that almost ALL the distributors and creators of interracial porn are Jewish:
  • Dogfart, owned by Cable Rosenberg site that proposes scenes of "cuckold sessions", "watching my daughter go black" and "interracial blowbang"
  • Skweezme, the "Netflix of porn" owned by Mike Kulich (Kulich offers "racist" celebs the chance to star in his interracial porn)
  • Blacked, owned by Greg Lansky, from France"

Article: http://www.returnofkings.com/115977/the-hidden-agenda-behind-interracial-pornography

And on the right you have Ben Shapiro, Charles Krauthammer, John Podhoretz, Jonah Goldberg, Matt Drudge, Mark Levin, Michael Savage, et al.

Granted, it's true that a majority of American Jews vote Democratic. But the same is true of blacks and Hispanics. Ta-Nehisi Coates, Malcolm X, Barack Obama, Jeremiah Wright, Cornel West, Louis Farrakhan, and Al Sharpton have all been accused of being radical or divisive to varying degrees. Would you call them weirdos, or would it be necessary to call them black weirdos?

I guess I still don't see what it is about Jews that makes them a special target.
ValhallaBear
Sam Lowry said:

I guess I still don't see what it is about Jews that makes them a special target.
Is what you're saying that someone showed you that Jews are responsible for the destruction of Christian America but you don't understand what the Jewish part is?

Black males commit an incredibly high percentage of violent crime. Does being black have anything to do with that or is it just juveniles?
Sam Lowry
ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Is what you're saying that someone showed you that Jews are responsible for the destruction of Christian America but you don't understand what the Jewish part is?

Black males commit an incredibly high percentage of violent crime. Does being black have anything to do with that or is it just juveniles?
Has he showed that Jews are responsible for the destruction of Christian America? I don't think he's proven that they have an incredibly high percentage of bad ideas or anything else.
BaylorFTW
Sam Lowry said:

And on the right you have Ben Shapiro, Charles Krauthammer, John Podhoretz, Jonah Goldberg, Matt Drudge, Mark Levin, Michael Savage, et al.

Granted, it's true that a majority of American Jews vote Democratic. But the same is true of blacks and Hispanics. Ta-Nehisi Coates, Malcolm X, Barack Obama, Jeremiah Wright, Cornel West, Louis Farrakhan, and Al Sharpton have all been accused of being radical or divisive to varying degrees. Would you call them weirdos, or would it be necessary to call them black weirdos?

I don't think the issue is with what I am saying. I believe the issue is that you won't allow yourself to consider the evidence. You are having trouble with anyone pointing out there are some Jews that promote crazy or bad ideas. I believe this is because of programming you've received where if anyone says something less than positive about a Jew no matter the circumstances you automatically see it as anti-Semitism. Here, I am concerned about crazy or bad ideas that disrupt the morality of the US. And in paying attention to that, I have noticed certain patterns. I realize that you would prefer these patterns not exist but it is what it is. If we are truly interested in rooting out bad ideas, we have to have an understanding of where they come from.

codyorr
BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

I don't think the issue is with what I am saying. I believe the issue is that you won't allow yourself to consider the evidence. You are having trouble with anyone pointing out there are some Jews that promote crazy or bad ideas. I believe this is because of programming you've received where if anyone says something less than positive about a Jew no matter the circumstances you automatically see it as anti-Semitism. Here, I am concerned about crazy or bad ideas that disrupt the morality of the US. And in paying attention to that, I have noticed certain patterns. I realize that you would prefer these patterns not exist but it is what it is. If we are truly interested in rooting out bad ideas, we have to have an understanding of where they come from.

I think what Sam is (rightfully) challenging you on is your premise that being Jewish is a part of "where [bad ideas] are coming from". Almost everyone you mentioned in your list of "people with crazy / bad ideas" is male. Why didn't you say, "the author Noah Berlatsky is a male weirdo. Of course he thinks it is ok to smear people..."? Or how about being a baby boomer? Signer, Perel, Metzl, Horwitz, Epstein, and Weinstein were all born between 1946 and 1964.
BBA, Baylor 2013. PhD Econ, Michigan State 2021. Contributor for Our Daily Bears. Follow @cody_orr.
BaylorFTW
codyorr said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

I think what Sam is (rightfully) challenging you on is your premise that being Jewish is a part of "where [bad ideas] are coming from". Almost everyone you mentioned in your list of "people with crazy / bad ideas" is male. Why didn't you say, "the author Noah Berlatsky is a male weirdo. Of course he thinks it is ok to smear people..."? Or how about being a baby boomer? Signer, Perel, Metzl, Horwitz, Epstein, and Weinstein were all born between 1946 and 1964.

Sorry I'm not going to let y'all police my language. If you want to make an argument about being male or a baby boomer as the reason why these folks and others promoted bad or morally destructive ideas, I will listen. But on the outset, it sounds more like a deflection designed to avoid discussing this topic.
codyorr
BaylorFTW said:

codyorr said:

BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

Sorry I'm not going to let y'all police my language. If you want to make an argument about being male or a baby boomer as the reason why these folks and others promoted bad or morally destructive ideas, I will listen. But on the outset, it sounds more like a deflection designed to avoid discussing this topic.
Sam and I (and anyone else following along) are still waiting for you to provide an explanation for why being Jewish is associated with crazy or bad ideas. To the extent that you are unwilling or unable to, don't get offended if someone questions whether your comment was ignorant.
BBA, Baylor 2013. PhD Econ, Michigan State 2021. Contributor for Our Daily Bears. Follow @cody_orr.
Canada2017
BaylorFTW said:

Sam Lowry said:

BaylorFTW said:

Welcome to 'ignore '.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.