Bernie Sanders Has Narrow Lead in New National Poll

1,997 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bernie Sanders Has Narrow Lead in New National Poll
The survey, conducted for CNN, is the first national debate-qualifying poll showing Mr. Sanders in the lead. Joe Biden was close behind in the poll and led another.

A new national poll shows Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont with a lead in a national debate qualifying poll for the first time in the 2020 Democratic primary, while a second national survey conducted by a different pollster shows former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. in front.
The first poll, conducted by SSRS for CNN and released early Wednesday morning, showed Mr. Sanders with 27 percent support and Mr. Biden following closely behind at 24 percent support. It was the first time Mr. Sanders has led nationally since Mr. Biden entered the race last April, though his lead was within the poll's margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.
The second poll, released later Wednesday by Monmouth University, showed a different picture at the top, with Mr. Biden in the lead with 30 percent support and Mr. Sanders in second with 23 percent.
In both polls, Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts finished third with 14 percent support.
Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., and former Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York traded places in the polls, with Mr. Buttigieg coming in fourth in CNN's poll with 11 percent and fifth in Monmouth's with 6 percent, and Mr. Bloomberg finishing fourth in Monmouth's with 9 percent and fifth in CNN's with 5 percent.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/us/politics/bernie-sanders-poll-joe-biden.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Bernie will not stay on top. I predict he will have a second "heart attack" and that will be the end of the road for Bernie.

The DNC does not want him or Biden to win the nomination.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Stranger
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bernie will not stay on top. I predict he will have a second "heart attack" and that will be the end of the road for Bernie.

I think they do want Biden. Nobody else stands a Chinaman's chance at beating Trump.

Pelosi wants the impeachment to drag out is to keep Bernie and Warren off the campaign trail In iowa and New Hampshire.
Osodecentx
Stranger said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think they do want Biden. Nobody else stands a Chinaman's chance at beating Trump.

Pelosi wants the impeachment to drag out is to keep Bernie and Warren off the campaign trail In iowa and New Hampshire.
DNC wants Biden. I think he can beat Trump

I've heard the conspiracy theory about keeping the culls off of the campaign trail
Doc Holliday
Stranger said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

What the DNC does is use multiple campaigns to raise money collectively while they pretend to be legit runners.

Bernie and Warren are getting the radical left's money, Biden is getting establishment Dem money, Yang and others are fringe money.

They will decide their candidate at a later time.

And nobody is beating Trump in 2020.
quash
The ad that showed up on the right was "The Official Pete Buttigieg Presidential Survey" paid for by "Stop Republicans".

How about paid for by "What Pete can do for you" or some other positive message? Cripes.
Kyle
Please nominate Bernie.
quash
Kyle said:

Please nominate Bernie.
Given his age/health I suspect a lot of voters are going to watch his VP choice very closely.
ABC BEAR
Kyle said:

Please nominate Bernie.
.....and Adolf Ocasio Cortez in 2024.
Canada2017
If it just has to be a (very) old white man running against Trump....I hope it's Bernie .

Some will be shocked just how effective FREE will resonate with a significant number of Americans.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

If it just has to be a (very) old white man running against Trump....I hope it's Bernie .

Some will be shocked just how effective FREE will resonate with a significant number of Americans.

If Bernie wins, my new retirement date moves up to November 4, 2020! I will no longer have any incentive to keep working. I'm gonna let Jinx, HuMck, and quash pay for my medical insurance.

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

If Bernie wins, my new retirement date moves up to November 4, 2020! I will no longer have any incentive to keep working. I'm gonna let Jinx, HuMck, and quash pay for my medical insurance.

You will be considered one of the rich.....and get nothing .
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

How is that possible? I will be unemployed with no income come January 1st, 2021.

-- Barack Obama
Aliceinbubbleland
Stranger said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Pelosi Schumer wants the impeachment to drag out is to keep Bernie and Warren off the campaign trail In iowa and New Hampshire
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

How is that possible? I will be unemployed with no income come January 1st, 2021.

Assets
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

Why should I have to pay? Because I want to get rid of Trumpcare?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

Because that's the way it works today in the minds of the Democratic Party. You working people are obligated to help pay the way for us non-working (and soon to be non-working) people. Right?

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

Because that's the way it works today in the minds of the Democratic Party. You working people are obligated to help pay the way for us non-working (and soon to be non-working) people. Right?
Why don't working people like Doc or stove have to pay?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

They do! Riflebear, fadskier, osodecentx, TexasScientist, Midnight Rider, and ValhallaBear too!

Free stuff. Paid for by all of you working stiffs!!!!

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
LBJ invented the vote buying formula......but Bernie is taking it to new heights.

It's all going to be FREE and the rich are going to pay for it .

( BTW if your family income is over $ 200,000 per year....you ARE rich )
Bearitto
Stranger said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

#AndrewYang
Osodecentx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

They do! Riflebear, fadskier, osodecentx, TexasScientist, Midnight Rider, and ValhallaBear too!

Free stuff. Paid for by all of you working stiffs!!!!
Trying to get my stuff into Muni bonds

GoneGirl
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

My contribution will be to buy you a cheap gym membership. Regular exercise is the best health plan there is.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jinx 2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

My contribution will be to buy you a cheap gym membership. Regular exercise is the best health plan there is.
Thank you, jinx. My love of ribeyes and vodka may ultimately lead to my undoing.

All kidding aside, a healthy diet and regular exercise do indeed seem to be the very best health care plan.

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Jinx 2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

Thank you, jinx. My love of ribeyes and vodka may ultimately lead to my undoing.

All kidding aside, a healthy diet and regular exercise do indeed seem to be the very best health care plan.

A. Grandkids
B. Road trips
C. Gym
D. More grandkids
E. Whitewater rafting
F. Top shelf vodka only.....never 'house'
Keyser Soze
Does the DNC still have "Super Delegates" where they can manipulate the process like they did for HRC ?

ScottS
Keyser Soze said:

Does the DNC still have "Super Delegates" where they can manipulate the process like they did for HRC ?

A quick Google tells me that the dems will still ha e superdelegates but on a smaller scale. They cant vote on the first ballot of a contested convention and there will be approximately 764 superdelegates. I'm sure Huk, Cinque, 1947, or Quash can get more info on this.
quash
ScottS said:

Keyser Soze said:

A quick Google tells me that the dems will still ha e superdelegates but on a smaller scale. They cant vote on the first ballot of a contested convention and there will be approximately 764 superdelegates. I'm sure Huk, Cinque, 1947, or Quash can get more info on this.
I use the same Google you do.
Aliceinbubbleland
Keyser Soze said:

Yes. They're called special interest groups in NY, California, Illinois and Florida. Otherwise known as crooks. They may even outcrook Trump.
Osodecentx
Keyser Soze said:

Means Biden wins on second ballot
quash
Osodecentx said:

Keyser Soze said:

Means Biden wins on second ballot
Man, when was the last convention with more than one ballot? Chicago '68??
Aliceinbubbleland
Last one I remember was Ike in 1952
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Last one I remember was Ike in 1952
Dang Alice. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

-- Barack Obama
Aliceinbubbleland
I was a sophomore I think. And I had the wrong convention. Ike won on first ballot, Stevenson on third but it was 1952. I'm over 80 but too old to remember exactly
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I was a sophomore I think. And I had the wrong convention. Ike won on first ballot, Stevenson on third but it was 1952. I'm over 80 but too old to remember exactly
AckAckAckAck!!!! Fair enough Alice. I tip my hat to you. You are deserving of additional respect on this board. There is no substitute for experience.

-- Barack Obama
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.