The Board Has Become Worthless

7,225 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
Midnight Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This board has become worthless. (Not that it ever was worth much). Typical thread:

riflebear: "Dems suck!".

Doc Holliday: "I agree. Dems suck!".

fadskier: "They really suck!"

Baylor FTW: "I agree with riflebear, Doc, and fadskier."

Florida Mike: "I agree also."

Chorus: "Dems suck! They really really suck!".

(Don't even bother trying to have a reasoned discussion with these guys).
Doc Holliday

Quote:

Doc Holliday: "There was FISA abuse".

Dem/Left Posters: "No there wasn't".

DOJ/IG: "There was FISA abuse"

Dem/Left Posters: *silence*
Ya'll don't even bother trying to have a discussion.
Canada2017
Great thread .
fadskier
Midnight Rider said:

This board has become worthless. (Not that it ever was worth much). Typical thread:

Defined a reasoned discussion? Start one...(hint: this thread that YOU started is not a reasoned discussion.)
FormerFlash

Bearitto
Are you saying they are wrong or you are just tired of hearing accurate statements so often?
Oldbear83
Part of the problem, Midnight Rider, is that you ignore the venomous behavior by leftists here.

Jinx: "Why can't you admit Trump is evil and must be removed? You hate women unless you agree with me!"

Quash: "As a libertarian, I agree that we cannot let the voters decide who should hold office"

Booray: "Hey, we are the reasonable ones. It's always the Republicans who hate Democracy"

Yes, some of that is exaggeration, but sadly not by much. There are reasonable people and idiots on both sides, and no I won't go into names or count on who is worse here. I will just suggest you do something like what I do, which is keep in mind this is an informal board where people sometimes vent, sometimes make decent arguments, but in the end you get out of it what you look to find. If you are patient and stay civil, you will find some good discussions and solid reasoning, but if you go looking for a feces-flinging festival, yeah you will find that soon enough.

Use some discernment, don't forget that almost none of this really affects your life and family, and make your own choices.

Good luck.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
curtpenn
I find it has become increasingly difficult to maintain the energy and motivation to engage in reasoned discourse with many posters. After a while, it becomes obvious there's no point in expending the time or effort. Life is too short to waste on the cinques and jinxs, for instance.

Spent (and still spend) time on other fora disputing religious issues in the Anglican blogosphere. I tend to defend the orthodox faith once delivered against the apostate heretics in the Episcopal Church. Finally learned that it is enough to let those types know that they are firmly opposed and that some of us won't be "cancelled". I don't expect to win any arguments, so often don't bother to try. Just opposing the idiocracy is enough at times.
riflebear
Midnight Rider said:

Not true - we just post facts as much as we can see them. Nice try though. Try reading and you might learn something. We admit when we are wrong unlike the other side.

Truth hurts is what this thread should be titled.
fadskier
riflebear said:

Midnight Rider said:

Not true - we just post facts as much as we can see them. Nice try though. Try reading and you might learn something. We admit when we are wrong unlike the other side.

Give us three facts and we'll discuss...
GoneGirl
Midnight Rider said:

TDS.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I agree. The board has declined over the years as interlopers have taken over. That fact combined with party hacks from the right have rendered the board nothing more than an echo chamber of Fox news regurgitation.

I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
riflebear
fadskier said:

riflebear said:

Midnight Rider said:

Give us three facts and we'll discuss...
Trump was spied on
Schiff is a serial liar
The media is in the tank w/ the Dems (93%) and they don't hide it anymore.
I could list another 97 if you want...

Feel free to discuss...

The problem with the libs and why this thread is laughable is we've tried to discuss a variety of topics the last 3 years but all of you called us conspiracy theorists etc for believing all of the fake conservative media investigative journalists, yet just about all of it has come true and NOW you don't want to discuss, you just try to mock us now. Typical libs. When you lose a debate you thought you were winning (by listening to lies on MSNBC & CNN) now you resort to name calling instead of just coming out and admitting you were wrong. Is that so hard?
riflebear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I agree. The board has declined over the years as interlopers have taken over. That fact combined with party hacks from the right have rendered the board nothing more than factual posts that proves the media & Dems lied for the last 3 years.

FIFY

I see a bunch of sore losers who thought the media had Trump the last 3 years and now that you've realized you were lied to you want to take your ball and run home.

Doc Holliday

I agree. The board has declined over the years as interlopers have taken over. That fact combined with party hacks from the right have rendered the board nothing more than an echo chamber of Fox news regurgitation.

Who are the party hacks from the right?
fadskier
Again I ask,,,three facts that we can discuss...
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
riflebear
Midnight Rider said:

This thread would have made more sense if you had just posted this because you are basically admitting that we agree on facts. Are you really saying this board is not fun because we've been proven correct?

Doc: Water is wet
Fad/FTW/FL Mike/Rifle: You're right, it is

Libs: You're lying, there is no evidence that water is wet.

----------------------

Kyle
As demonstrated, the conversation falls more like this.

- Someone post some article from a left-wing site that accuses Trump of hating puppies or something like that (literally no posts about policy)
- Counter-facts are presented.
- OP says it does not matter because Trump is a racist, anti-Muslim demagogue who hates immigrants.
- Counter asks OP to prove any assertions
- OP claims you're all just delusion, mind-numb Trump followers who only watch Fox News
- Counter asks OP for proof
- OP says you're racist and hate women, Muslims, gays, and ******s, etc.
- OP says that's why they ignore you
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Peace. Make love. Not war. Now let's all sit in a circle, legs crossed Indian-style, join hands, and sing Kumbaya!

AckAckAckAck!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack and DP
Did stinq leave?
riflebear
Kyle said:

As demonstrated, the conversation falls more like this.

- Someone post some article from a left-wing site that accuses Trump of hating puppies or something like that (literally no posts about policy)
- Counter-facts are presented.
- OP says it does not matter because Trump is a racist, anti-Muslim demagogue who hates immigrants.
- Counter asks OP to prove any assertions
- OP claims you're all just delusion, mind-numb Trump followers who only watch Fox News
- OP says you're racist and hate women, Muslims, gays, and ******s, etc.
- OP says that's why they ignore you
Well said - thread over!

Oops - I agreed with you, therefore I'm bad for the board.
fadskier
Again, from those of you who are anti-Trump (or Republican)...waiting for three facts we can discuss...
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Peace. Make love. Not war. Now let's all sit in a circle, legs crossed Indian-style, join hands, and sing Kumbaya!

AckAckAckAck!!!

No interlopers allowed !
corncob pipe
Jack and DP said:

Did stinq leave?

No... back from winter break.. posting on TT 24/7

It will be here soon

Night cometh
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
What is really fascinating is that the OP tries so hard to claim that he is in the middle politically and not a bleeding heart Democrat but many of his posts just ooze his Liberal roots. He just can't help it. That being said, I like Midnight Rider and respect his opinions.

He is not the only poster here that claims to be something he is not.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
fadskier
Still nothing?

Okay, how about this...

1. Record low unemployment
2. Record low unemployment among all minority groups

Here's more...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trumps-list-289-accomplishments-in-just-20-months-relentless-promise-keeping

Didn't realize that there were so many!
Aliceinbubbleland

It is because they started charging. Even when we have outstanding athletic nights the traffic on this site is so slow compared to when Jason ran the show. Perhaps it has something to do with the firing of Briles.
Bearitto

I'm seeing a rough 50/50 split. There are quite a few very toxic posters on the left reinforcing one another. If you don't see that, you are likely one of them.
Canada2017
Bearitto said:

I'm seeing a rough 50/50 split. There are quite a few very toxic posters on the left reinforcing one another.

Toxic, drunk, or over medicated ........hey... where is old 'Waco47' ?

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
fadskier said:

Still nothing?

Okay, how about this...

Here's more...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trumps-list-289-accomplishments-in-just-20-months-relentless-promise-keeping

Ok. I have always thought unemployment was a result of many factors so I have stayed out of employment discussions.

I remember on the old board when Obama's unemployment numbers were good. The Obama haters claimed the jobs he created were only low level entry jobs so the statistics were meaningless. The same side now worship Trump for the same type results.

The truth is the employment trend started during Obama's reign has continued with Trump Good on Obama and good on Trump. I don't really give either too much credit. The rate is cyclical. It will at some point rise again.

Bearitto

fadskier said:

Still nothing?

Okay, how about this...

Here's more...

Ok. I have always thought unemployment was a result of many factors so I have stayed out of employment discussions.

I remember on the old board when Obama's unemployment numbers were good. The Obama haters claimed the jobs he created were only low level entry jobs so the statistics were meaningless. The same side now worship Trump for the same type results.

The truth is the employment trend started during Obama's reign has continued with Trump Good on Obama and good on Trump. I don't really give either too much credit. The rate is cyclical. It will at some point rise again.

You are referring to the U3 vs U6 rates. Under Trump, the declines in both have accelerated. The "trend started during Obama" argument is a pretty common refrain for the left. An accurate way to view this would be to say, a child in a Syrian refugee camp was certainly growing on the daily rations he was provided, but when he immigrated to the US and started eating steak, he really shot up.

Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

Bearitto said:

I'm seeing a rough 50/50 split. There are quite a few very toxic posters on the left reinforcing one another.

Toxic, drunk, or over medicated ........hey... where is old 'Waco47' ?

He's dealing with some personal issues, I believe. Maybe a good idea to keep him in prayers, no joking.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
EatMoreSalmon
Bearitto said:

fadskier said:

Still nothing?

Okay, how about this...

Here's more...

You are referring to the U3 vs U6 rates. Under Trump, the declines in both have accelerated. The "trend started during Obama" argument is a pretty common refrain for the left. An accurate way to view this would be to say, a child in a Syrian refugee camp was certainly growing on the daily rations he was provided, but when he immigrated to the US and started eating steak, he really shot up.

U3 Chart:

U6 Chart
Canada2017
fadskier said:

Still nothing?

Okay, how about this...

Here's more...

chuckle

Some folks simply do not want Trumps plans to succeed even if the lives of our citizens are clearly improved .

Ego
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Thanks for posting the charts.

Both charts seem to show a downward trend starting with Obama. and has continued through Trump. Please show my error in saying the most recent downward trend started with Obama and has continued with Trump. I think I said good on both of them.

The line seems to show a pretty steady downward plunge. If one president gets credit so should the other.

The Trump fluffers will ignore the trend during Obamas terms and give praise Trump. The only 2 or 3 real Dems here might point out the Obama got it started and all Trump has done is kept the rate falling. My opinion both have done ok but both have probably benefited from many factors beyond their control.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.