How well is Trump and his administration handling the Coronavirus epidemic?

68,322 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Booray
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

quash said:

Thursday's presidential briefing stands in sharp contrast to Monday's meltdown.

Trump offers a reasonable set of guidelines and backs off his "It's total. It's total." claim to governmental authority. He not only acted in a presidential manner but he wrong-footed the governors by putting it back on them. This is constitutionally correct and politically astute.

It also fits the Trump Doctrine: The buck was never here. Unless it was a good buck, and then I invented it. It is the best buck anyone has ever seen.
So on Thursday he says its the Governor's decision. Then on Friday he tweets out criticism of only Democratic governors saying their states should be "liberated." He is just a complete ******* with no leadership qualities at all. At a time of severe crisis he goes oout of his way to foment division.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/trump-s-liberate-tweets-extremists-see-call-arms-n1186561

You just have no memory of a republican that didn't take it up the ass, none of us do.
When Washington refused to side with the French in their conflict with the British, Thomas Paine (the Tucker Carlson of his day) had an essay widely published. In it, he asked "whether[Washington] had abandoned his principles or never had any in the first place?"

The point is that anyone who has ever been President faced withering criticism. The idea that this President is somehow unique in the nature of his political and media adversaries is laughable. What is unique is his reaction and his constant attempts to divide us.

There has never been any president or candidate for the office who has been as viciously attacked as Donald Trump ...not even close .

The attacks began the day he announced his candidacy and have only increased in volume and lunacy .

Even George Wallace was treated far better.

They(democrats and republicans alike) just didn't want an outsider coming in and seeing the scams they were perpetuating on the American people

That's why democrats attack like wild dogs and republicans don't fight for him

And we all lose because all this

Need to make it a disqualification if a government worker or his family or friends benefit from his government job more than his paycheck. Without that nothing changes
That might be a good policy, but you do realize that would knock Trump and his favorite three children and son-in-law out of the coins. I don't think there is much chance of T-rump going for that.

I don't care who goes as long as scammers are gone!
blackie
HashTag said:

blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

Bill Clinton ( who was a better president than either Trump or Obama ) never took even a quarter of the garbage that has been leveled at the fat orange guy .

Was a different time .

To be fair, no one has ever thrown as much back as the fat orange guy which pretty much nullifies any comparison with other Presidents.. That only causes the other side to ramp up more and feeds the beast.
You say it causes the other side to ramp it up... I say it exposes them for who they are
.....and who Trump is.
Oldbear83
blackie said:

HashTag said:

blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

Bill Clinton ( who was a better president than either Trump or Obama ) never took even a quarter of the garbage that has been leveled at the fat orange guy .

Was a different time .

To be fair, no one has ever thrown as much back as the fat orange guy which pretty much nullifies any comparison with other Presidents.. That only causes the other side to ramp up more and feeds the beast.
You say it causes the other side to ramp it up... I say it exposes them for who they are
.....and who Trump is.
Nope.
TexasScientist
Piers Morgan - Assesses Trump's performance in Relable Sources interview with Brian Stelter

Piers Morgan - Co-host, ITV's "Good Morning Britain"
Editor-at Large, DailyMail.com, former CNN host and long time friend and supporter of Donald Trump - A past winner of Celebrity Apprentice, who has had several sit down interviews with President Trump.

April 19, 2020 - Reliable Sources interview with Brian Stetler, CNN:

"Donald Trump in particular. I've know him a long time and I consider him to be a friend, but I've been watching these daily briefings with mounting horror, frankly, because this is not what the president should be doing. He won't want me saying this, but I'm going to say it anyway. The president of the United States right now is an incredibly important person in the world, and not least to Americans who are dying in their tens of thousands from a disease we don't know much about yet. And all that's required from the president in those moments, and any world leader, frankly, is they've got to be calm, they've got to show authority, they have to be honest, they have to be accurate, entirely factual with what they are telling the people, and they have to have an ability to show empathy. And at almost every level of that, Donald Trump at the moment is failing the American people. He's turning these briefings into a self aggrandizing, self justifying, overly defensive, politically partisan almost like rally to him. Almost like what is more important is winning the election in November. No it's not Donald Trump. What is more important right now is saving American lives. And I believe that the complacency that the American and British administrations showed in the first few weeks of this crisis has been extremely damaging to both countries ability to deal with Coronavirus. but it is not too late for them to now get a grip and actually make the attack on the virus their number one priority, not pumping themselves up, not telling us all day what a great job they are doing, but actually focusing on what matters, and that is human life."
Booray
HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

quash said:

Thursday's presidential briefing stands in sharp contrast to Monday's meltdown.

Trump offers a reasonable set of guidelines and backs off his "It's total. It's total." claim to governmental authority. He not only acted in a presidential manner but he wrong-footed the governors by putting it back on them. This is constitutionally correct and politically astute.

It also fits the Trump Doctrine: The buck was never here. Unless it was a good buck, and then I invented it. It is the best buck anyone has ever seen.
So on Thursday he says its the Governor's decision. Then on Friday he tweets out criticism of only Democratic governors saying their states should be "liberated." He is just a complete ******* with no leadership qualities at all. At a time of severe crisis he goes oout of his way to foment division.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/trump-s-liberate-tweets-extremists-see-call-arms-n1186561

You just have no memory of a republican that didn't take it up the ass, none of us do.
When Washington refused to side with the French in their conflict with the British, Thomas Paine (the Tucker Carlson of his day) had an essay widely published. In it, he asked "whether[Washington] had abandoned his principles or never had any in the first place?"

The point is that anyone who has ever been President faced withering criticism. The idea that this President is somehow unique in the nature of his political and media adversaries is laughable. What is unique is his reaction and his constant attempts to divide us.
He hasn't divided the country... maybe he's divided the democratic party... but the country has been severely divided for, oh, 200+ years now?
Not in times of crisis, the Civil War excepted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.