How well is Trump and his administration handling the Coronavirus epidemic?

68,278 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Booray
cms186
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GrowlTowel said:

Buddha Bear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

I see some of the Republicans are trying to shift the blame of not spotting the danger of the Virus onto the impeachment trial, laughable

How so? It was a ridiculous waste of time and resources. Meanwhile, the Queen was doing what in terms of a response?
Because just over a month ago, Trump and his followers were calling this a hoax

You know the Queen doesnt actually run the Country, right?
You'd be surprised the things that people don't know here.

Straight forward question with a noun and verb. Note them and note what is not in the question. The response is nonsensical like most of his rantings.
If you fail to make sense out of what i say, thats on you, not me. There are multiple videos of Trump referring to Coronavirus as a Hoax, well after the Impeachment trial finished, this clearly shows that the trial had no effect on Trumps reaction to the Coronavirus.

The Impeachment itself, was only a waste because the Senate was never going to impeach Trump, regardless of his Guilt or innocence, it seems to be a fairly flawed system, but its far from being the only one in Politics. That doesnt mean it should never have happened in the first place.
I'm the English Guy
riflebear
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

I see some of the Republicans are trying to shift the blame of not spotting the danger of the Virus onto the impeachment trial, laughable

How so? It was a ridiculous waste of time and resources. Meanwhile, the Queen was doing what in terms of a response?

Just over a month ago just about everyone was saying it wasn't a big deal.

Media for a month was hammering Trump for allegedly 'not' listening to his health experts. Well we find out now he was all along and they were wrong because they believed China.

When China & the W.H.O. said it wasn't spreading from human to human and the models the 'experts' had were saying it wasn't a big deal - exactly how is that Trump's fault?

It's a shame liberals have TDS so bad they would rather blame Trump for something he had no control over instead of China, who is to blame.

Its not a binary choice.

If Trump wants to be a war time president, he should realize that in war there are all sorts of adversaries who try to make things awful for you. His job is to overcome those obstacles.

... and Trump has done a great job overcoming so much of the B.S. thrown at him from the crooked democrat politicians, the manipulative left wing media and the brain dead libbie snowlfakes.
What exactly has Trump done? What are his successes as you see it?

I will spot you the travel bans-those were good decisions and have reduced our exposure. What else?
Watch the briefings daily and you would have known. The American people and private companies are partnering w/ the govt to do amazing things. This shouldn't be political, this isn't a 9/11 or Katrina where everyone comes together to support 1 large city while life goes on for everyone else.

This could overwhelm literally every small town in the entire country. Imagine trying to organize that kind of relief. Thankfully it won't come to that but almost everyone is asking for help not only on the medical side but financially too. You have liberal governors praising the administration - they are doing a ton that if you watch the daily briefings you would know. Again, this shouldn't be about politics or division - that literally does nothing to help.

I have a lot more respect for Governor Newsom because he's putting politics to the side while partnering w/ the administration. He's even said they've been very proactive in helping California prepare. That's how politicians should act right now - including Trump. Who cares if people don't thank the President right now - he shouldn't make a big deal about it.

I know I'm glad we have a leader who works 24/7 and barely sleeps who has run a global organization during a crisis like this. He knows how to delegate and bring businesses together to help.

The Army Corp of Engineers is what is amazing thru all of this - building over 150 hospitals inside existing facilities throughout the country. And it takes less than 2 weeks to do - that is incredible and the stories people should be focused on right now.
TexasScientist
George Truett said:

Jack and DP said:

Nice attempt at revisionist history. However, I suppose there's a grain of truth in this in that Trump focused solely on the impeachment trial. I don't think he's real good at walking and chewing gum at the same time.

I'm glad Trump FINALLY has started listening to the experts and making good moves.

However, his overall response is still miserable. There's chaos at the federal level, which then feeds into the states.

For example states are bidding against each other and FEMA for supplies. Until recently, we were shipping supplies overseas.

For the most part, the President's messaging is okay. But his administration's handling of the crisis has been dismal.
He would be better served to let others handle the press briefings. I'm embarrased for him.
TexasScientist
HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

How can anyone watch this afternoon's presidential press conference and not realize Trump is in over his head?

First he lies saying we are conducting more tests than any other country, and then he asks the news media to look into how many masks are being used a the hospitals. He doesn't see how they could use that many, and they must be going out the back door.

Embarrassing!

Where has Trump been? Is this really the first time he heard that if nothing was done to mitigate 2.2 or more million could die? How can any intelligent person have such difficulty grasping this crisis?

So Trump has shut down grants to your bs science company and you're unemployed?

Hence your constant TDS
That "Scientist" really needs some help. I bet he was part of a group of people that screamed at the sky on the 1st anniversary of Trumps election win.
Part of a group, marority of U.S. citizens, who mourned that our country could not elect someone qualified to hold the office of president.
Booray
riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Media for a month was hammering Trump for allegedly 'not' listening to his health experts. Well we find out now he was all along and they were wrong because they believed China.

When China & the W.H.O. said it wasn't spreading from human to human and the models the 'experts' had were saying it wasn't a big deal - exactly how is that Trump's fault?

It's a shame liberals have TDS so bad they would rather blame Trump for something he had no control over instead of China, who is to blame.

Its not a binary choice.

If Trump wants to be a war time president, he should realize that in war there are all sorts of adversaries who try to make things awful for you. His job is to overcome those obstacles.

... and Trump has done a great job overcoming so much of the B.S. thrown at him from the crooked democrat politicians, the manipulative left wing media and the brain dead libbie snowlfakes.

I will spot you the travel bans-those were good decisions and have reduced our exposure. What else?
Watch the briefings daily and you would have known. The American people and private companies are partnering w/ the govt to do amazing things. This shouldn't be political, this isn't a 9/11 or Katrina where everyone comes together to support 1 large city while life goes on for everyone else.

This could overwhelm literally every small town in the entire country. Imagine trying to organize that kind of relief. Thankfully it won't come to that but almost everyone is asking for help not only on the medical side but financially too. You have liberal governors praising the administration - they are doing a ton that if you watch the daily briefings you would know. Again, this shouldn't be about politics or division - that literally does nothing to help.

I have a lot more respect for Governor Newsom because he's putting politics to the side while partnering w/ the administration. He's even said they've been very proactive in helping California prepare. That's how politicians should act right now - including Trump. Who cares if people don't thank the President right now - he shouldn't make a big deal about it.

I know I'm glad we have a leader who works 24/7 and barely sleeps who has run a global organization during a crisis like this. He knows how to delegate and bring businesses together to help.

The Army Corp of Engineers is what is amazing thru all of this - building over 150 hospitals inside existing facilities throughout the country. And it takes less than 2 weeks to do - that is incredible and the stories people should be focused on right now.
I do watch the briefings. 5 days out of 7 I see a guy who takes credit and deflects blame. On the other 2 days I see a President.

All of sudden this virus could overwhelm every small town in America. A month ago it was going to magically disappear and we had it completely under control. We have been behind on testing from Day 1 and we are still behind. The absence of tests gives people false hope that their area of the world has somehow magically escaped.

The Corps of Engineers has done amazing things but the time they have had to operate was compressed by Trump's reluctance to use them. Cuomo was calling for them to be put into action for a week before they actually were.

We hear everyday at the briefings about all the PPE and ventilators being produced and shipped and then we hear the governors say "where are they?" When they say that, Trump responds that he won't take their calls.

On the financial side, we just decided to vomit money on anyone that asks for it. I give him credit for being willing to do the size of package that was needed, but from what I have seen it was not very carefully crafted..

Trump has had his moments, but his inconsistency and untruthfulness do not bode well for the long term.
D. C. Bear
Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

I do watch the briefings. 5 days out of 7 I see a guy who takes credit and deflects blame. On the other 2 days I see a President.

All of sudden this virus could overwhelm every small town in America. A month ago it was going to magically disappear and we had it completely under control. We have been behind on testing from Day 1 and we are still behind. The absence of tests gives people false hope that their area of the world has somehow magically escaped.

The Corps of Engineers has done amazing things but the time they have had to operate was compressed by Trump's reluctance to use them. Cuomo was calling for them to be put into action for a week before they actually were.

We hear everyday at the briefings about all the PPE and ventilators being produced and shipped and then we hear the governors say "where are they?" When they say that, Trump responds that he won't take their calls.

On the financial side, we just decided to vomit money on anyone that asks for it. I give him credit for being willing to do the size of package that was needed, but from what I have seen it was not very carefully crafted..

Trump has had his moments, but his inconsistency and untruthfulness do not bode well for the long term.

You can't have "carefully crafted" and "fast." If the administration was "carefully crafting" it, it would be too late to do any good, and who knows even now I what good it will do even having been done fast.
riflebear
Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

The medical experts have confirmed why testing was behind - it was due to the CDC and other govt organizations who refused to allow the private sector to get involved early. That had nothing to do w/ Trump. Or maybe you could say Trump should have known but the press hammered him the the should listen to his experts. The masks were never replenished by the last administration - why didn't they get the money?

You can't magically produce ventilators in a day for the entire country. It takes time - how is that the President's fault? The good thing is he brought private companies together fast and asked them all to get to work and help. That's all a leader can do at this time.

Bottom line is when China & W.H.O. told the World in Mid January that the virus didn't spread between humans and our medical experts on the White House task force said just yesterday the models were incorrect and they didn't think it would spread like this, how is Trump responsible for listening to his experts that had the wrong info from China? Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Even after Trump put the ban on late January Pelosi was in China Town in San Fran saying it was safe to go out. A month later NYTs was saying it was just like the flu. Literally every leader was wrong in what they thought this was early on - that's on CHINA, not anyone in the U.S. IMO. They did not let our CDC come into China to investigate. There was a study done that said 95% of this would have been avoided if China had let us in just 3 weeks earlier. You would think the press would be all over that, but not lets attack Trump because he is to blame for everything in the world.

Yes, Trump has been his usual moronic self at times in front of the camera, but he is a great leader in managing large organizations - something we need right now. I just ignore his pompous comments or trying to take credit or push blame, but he wouldn't have to do that if the press wouldn't ask him trap questions or push a narrative. He's just answering their dumb questions - he needs to learn how to ignore and not push back and fight them, especially now. They are there to hurt him, not help the country.

As far as the finances I heard many ask Mnuchin why didn't they be more careful and specific w/ the money going out. He simply said there was no time and the local govt technology doesn't have the infrastructure (unemployment calculations) to change quickly. Congress voted unanimously for it.

This is something no one has gone through before, there will be mistakes made at every level and obviously no country was prepared. Same w/ Italy Spain etc. China was able to stop it by holding citizens at gun point - that would never happen in the U.S. and why I said from the beginning this would be impossible to stop spreading across the USA because we have open borders between states and you have dumb teenagers and even adults all across the country in big cities running around in groups not listening to warnings.

I honestly don't see how this ends, at what point can someone say OK now there are ONLY 'this amount' of deaths so we can go back to work. That is the big question IMO - how does this end in the short term when the cases won't magically just stop all of a sudden?

There will be plenty of time to investigate and blame after it's over, why the press is doing it now is sickening.

PartyBear
What we are going to need at this point is actually something like the New Deal. A complete over haul of infrastructure. It creates jobs in the short term and spurs economic development longer term. Businesses when ready want to expand into areas with good infrastructure. Again I'm thinking long term on that aspect.
Booray
D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

You can't have "carefully crafted" and "fast." If the administration was "carefully crafting" it, it would be too late to do any good, and who knows even now I what good it will do even having been done fast.
That is true to a large extent, but I don't understand unemployment benefits that exceed previous wages; checks to people who have suffered no economic impact and checks written to people of sizable wealth who have relatively low incomes. We will see how the corporate bailout goes. The small business component (which I have looked at pretty closely) seems pretty targeted, but as far as I can tell there is no check to see if the forgiveness is actually needed. It is all about income and zero about capital structure.

The actual responsibility for what was passed falls on Congress, but Mnuchin seemed to be one of the primary driving forces and I don't believe there was enough thought given to how we get the money to people who actually need it. The problem is that if too much goes to people who don't need it, the money is just going to sit in savings accounts.
Mitch Blood Green
riflebear said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

The medical experts have confirmed why testing was behind - it was due to the CDC and other govt organizations who refused to allow the private sector to get involved early. That had nothing to do w/ Trump. Or maybe you could say Trump should have known but the press hammered him the the should listen to his experts. The masks were never replenished by the last administration - why didn't they get the money?

You can't magically produce ventilators in a day for the entire country. It takes time - how is that the President's fault? The good thing is he brought private companies together fast and asked them all to get to work and help. That's all a leader can do at this time.

Bottom line is when China & W.H.O. told the World in Mid January that the virus didn't spread between humans and our medical experts on the White House task force said just yesterday the models were incorrect and they didn't think it would spread like this, how is Trump responsible for listening to his experts that had the wrong info from China? Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Even after Trump put the ban on late January Pelosi was in China Town in San Fran saying it was safe to go out. A month later NYTs was saying it was just like the flu. Literally every leader was wrong in what they thought this was early on - that's on CHINA, not anyone in the U.S. IMO. They did not let our CDC come into China to investigate. There was a study done that said 95% of this would have been avoided if China had let us in just 3 weeks earlier. You would think the press would be all over that, but not lets attack Trump because he is to blame for everything in the world.

Yes, Trump has been his usual moronic self at times in front of the camera, but he is a great leader in managing large organizations - something we need right now. I just ignore his pompous comments or trying to take credit or push blame, but he wouldn't have to do that if the press wouldn't ask him trap questions or push a narrative. He's just answering their dumb questions - he needs to learn how to ignore and not push back and fight them, especially now. They are there to hurt him, not help the country.

As far as the finances I heard many ask Mnuchin why didn't they be more careful and specific w/ the money going out. He simply said there was no time and the local govt technology doesn't have the infrastructure (unemployment calculations) to change quickly. Congress voted unanimously for it.

This is something no one has gone through before, there will be mistakes made at every level and obviously no country was prepared. Same w/ Italy Spain etc. China was able to stop it by holding citizens at gun point - that would never happen in the U.S. and why I said from the beginning this would be impossible to stop spreading across the USA because we have open borders between states and you have dumb teenagers and even adults all across the country in big cities running around in groups not listening to warnings.

I honestly don't see how this ends, at what point can someone say OK now there are ONLY 'this amount' of deaths so we can go back to work. That is the big question IMO - how does this end in the short term when the cases won't magically just stop all of a sudden?

There will be plenty of time to investigate and blame after it's over, why the press is doing it now is sickening.

Why keep blaming the press? But for the press, we don't get the seriousness of this situation. Our government was telling us it will be over shortly.

Our government was selling stock to avoid losses. It's not the presses fault that this was mismanaged. And it's costing lives.
Booray
riflebear said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

Lets just take this one. First, it is factually incorrect. But more importantly, Trumpkins seem to have this strange view that the federal government is disconnected from the President. WTH?

Trump has been president for 3 years. He owns the government, CDC and emergency preparedness included. Blaming Obama doesn't work here. Trump clearly de-emphasized the need to prepare for this fight in his public messaging. What consequence that had on our government's preparedness I don't know, but it can't have helped..
TexasScientist
riflebear said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

There will be easing up when the rate of influx to hospitals is not overwhelming, and/or when viable therapeutics are available.
blackie
Quote:

There will be easing up when the rate of influx to hospitals is not overwhelming, and/or when viable therapeutics are available.
I think the last part of this is key. How can one feel safe, especially if older, but really anyone, to go out to places where there will be crowds (restaurants, theaters, ball games, etc.) if they know if they get the virus from someone there is no real treatment? It would seem that without that, the number of people needed to be out to make a real economic difference will be limited.

It is one thing that large numbers of people can die from catching the normal flu, for example, but at least in that scenario, if you had a flu shot that seems to be somewhat effective, you don't worry so much about going out, you just practice common sense things (washing hands, etc.). But here you don't even have that on which to hang your hat.
Whiskey Pete
TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

How can anyone watch this afternoon's presidential press conference and not realize Trump is in over his head?

First he lies saying we are conducting more tests than any other country, and then he asks the news media to look into how many masks are being used a the hospitals. He doesn't see how they could use that many, and they must be going out the back door.

Embarrassing!

Where has Trump been? Is this really the first time he heard that if nothing was done to mitigate 2.2 or more million could die? How can any intelligent person have such difficulty grasping this crisis?

Hence your constant TDS
That "Scientist" really needs some help. I bet he was part of a group of people that screamed at the sky on the 1st anniversary of Trumps election win.
Part of a group, marority of U.S. citizens, who mourned that our country could not elect someone qualified to hold the office of president.
Hope you had a good time screaming at the sky on the 1st anniversary of one of the greatest US election nights in history.
Forest Bueller_bf
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

Sure, sending the Medical ship to California well before it got out of hand was a good decision.

Extending the social distancing until the end of April, good decision.

Facilitating private industry to help in the effort to produce medical equipment.

Having real medical leaders, on the podium when he is giving his updates daily is a good decision.

Overcoming the fact that China slow rolled the info about this virus when it was first getting going, that was major issue #1 that has had to be overcome. Very likely Wuhan lost 50,000 probably more. China is scum basically.

Ramping up efforts to slow the spread well before they became catastrophic nationwide is a good decision.

Sending stimulus checks to virtually every family and extending unemployment was a good decision.

Granting loans to small businesses willing to keep their employees, to cover two months of expenses, then writing it off if the employees are kept.

There are others.

Forest Bueller_bf
Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

Lets just take this one. First, it is factually incorrect. But more importantly, Trumpkins seem to have this strange view that the federal government is disconnected from the President. WTH?

Trump has been president for 3 years. He owns the government, CDC and emergency preparedness included. Blaming Obama doesn't work here. Trump clearly de-emphasized the need to prepare for this fight in his public messaging. What consequence that had on our government's preparedness I don't know, but it can't have helped..
Not like Trump is the first president nor the last president who has blamed his predecessor for things they felt were out of their control. Obama's leadership circle certainly had a habit of it.
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

Hate to break it to you, but the "Trump hasn't taken this serious enough (early enough)" argument, falls flat. There are numerous examples (that have been displayed on this board) where your democrat "leaders" downplayed the seriousness and even blasted Trump for taking measures early on - and no, I'm not going to waste time digging those up... you should've already seen them yourself while perusing though all these threads.

if you're going to try to measure Trump's response, then you need something to measure it against and (un) luckily enough, we have that such something just barely 10 years removed. So using that as the measuring stick, Trump has passed with flying colors. He has acted more swiftly than our previous president.

Trump was blasted, by your presumptive dem nominee no less, because he took early action. Are you willing to call out Biden on that... and everyone else who didn't take it as seriously as Trump did early on?

Look kiddo, you hate Trump and you will most likely keep hating Trump. No matter what Trump does, you'll complain about it, because well..... you hate Trump. You also lay false blame at the feet of Trump, because well... you hate Trump.You make irrational arguments because you hate Trump. Because of this, you tend to see what you believe instead of the other way around.... and that is the very definition of TDS
Booray
HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

Hate to break it to you, but the "Trump hasn't taken this serious enough (early enough)" argument, falls flat. There are numerous examples (that have been displayed on this board) where your democrat "leaders" downplayed the seriousness and even blasted Trump for taking measures early on - and no, I'm not going to waste time digging those up... you should've already seen them yourself while perusing though all these threads.

if you're going to try to measure Trump's response, then you need something to measure it against and (un) luckily enough, we have that such something just barely 10 years removed. So using that as the measuring stick, Trump has passed with flying colors. He has acted more swiftly than our previous president.

Trump was blasted, by your presumptive dem nominee no less, because he took early action. Are you willing to call out Biden on that... and everyone else who didn't take it as seriously as Trump did early on?

Look kiddo, you hate Trump and you will most likely keep hating Trump. No matter what Trump does, you'll complain about it, because well..... you hate Trump. You also lay false blame at the feet of Trump, because well... you hate Trump.You make irrational arguments because you hate Trump. Because of this, you tend to see what you believe instead of the other way around.... and that is the very definition of TDS
First, whataboutism isn't how I measure anybody. I think Bill DiBlasio helped screw up the NYC situation and I think the Republican Governor of Ohio has been spot on. The President doesn't get to say "well, other people missed it too."

Second, you still don't understand: This virus isn't the flu and it isn't H1N1. Obama did not have to act swiftly or dramatically, because H1N1 never posed a threat of killing millions of Americans and overwhelming the medical system. Covid 19 does. Just look at the H1N1 stats: 60 million cases and 12,500 deaths. What would happen if we had 60 million Covid 19 cases: 600,000 deaths at least. You are comparing apples and bicycles.

Third, Biden did not criticize the ban itself. He said it wasn't a good time to have a xenophobe as President.

I do hate Trump. No secret. But I have consistently given credit where I thought it due. He made the right call on travel bans. He acted quickly on the economy. He has engaged industry, although the results of that engagement are not yet proven. He has tried to remove red tape.

Its the Trumpkins who have blinders on. I can say all of the above, but if I balance it with: (1) the testing component has been screwed up and it has cost us dearly; (2) his public messaging has been inconsistent and led to false confidence; and/or (3) he is unnecessarily mean and petty at a time he should be unifying, I am guilty of irrational hatred. No, I am not. Its an honest assessment.
Oldbear83
Nothing like someone grading his own honesty.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

First, whataboutism isn't how I measure anybody. I think Bill DiBlasio helped screw up the NYC situation and I think the Republican Governor of Ohio has been spot on. The President doesn't get to say "well, other people missed it too."

Second, you still don't understand: This virus isn't the flu and it isn't H1N1. Obama did not have to act swiftly or dramatically, because H1N1 never posed a threat of killing millions of Americans and overwhelming the medical system. Covid 19 does. Just look at the H1N1 stats: 60 million cases and 12,500 deaths. What would happen if we had 60 million Covid 19 cases: 600,000 deaths at least. You are comparing apples and bicycles.

Third, Biden did not criticize the ban itself. He said it wasn't a good time to have a xenophobe as President.

I do hate Trump. No secret. But I have consistently given credit where I thought it due. He made the right call on travel bans. He acted quickly on the economy. He has engaged industry, although the results of that engagement are not yet proven. He has tried to remove red tape.

Its the Trumpkins who have blinders on. I can say all of the above, but if I balance it with: (1) the testing component has been screwed up and it has cost us dearly; (2) his public messaging has been inconsistent and led to false confidence; and/or (3) he is unnecessarily mean and petty at a time he should be unifying, I am guilty of irrational hatred. No, I am not. Its an honest assessment.
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

The point about Biden is a distinction without a difference. Otherwise, spot on. And as most of you know I voted for Trump.
ATL Bear
New York alone would rank 5th in the world in cases. Today they're reporting over 500 new deaths, which is more deaths in one day than total deaths in every other state in our country. NYC by itself would be 7th in the world.

If you want to pin this on a politician put DeBlasio in the crosshairs and possibly Cuomo.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

New York alone would rank 5th in the world in cases. Today they're reporting over 500 new deaths, which is more deaths in one day than total deaths in every other state in our country. NYC by itself would be 7th in the world.

If you want to pin this on a politician put DeBlasio in the crosshairs and possibly Cuomo.
Not sure about Cuomo but agree on DeBlasio
ATL Bear
Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Cuomo's definitely in the line of fire.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

I don't know how enough about how that works. NYC is like a state unto itself.

Cuomo has put himself in the line of fire by being so vocal.
Jack and DP
ATL Bear
Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

In the same manor you believe Trump could/should have acted upon the states, the same applies to the Governor and cities, especially when he was given emergency authority before DeBlasio was by the city. Marshaling of resources to areas in your state that need it is the role of the state executive branch. We still haven't taken the extreme measures to deal with this hot spot of the world not just the US.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

In the same manor you believe Trump could/should have acted upon the states, the same applies to the Governor and cities, especially when he was given emergency authority before DeBlasio was by the city. Marshaling of resources to areas in your state that need it is the role of the state executive branch. We still haven't taken the extreme measures to deal with this hot spot of the world not just the US.

I'm not disagreeing. I don't know if this is a marshaling problem or a we don't have it problem. And if it is we don't have it, whose fault that is. Also, I would let it all play out before reporting the score. That said...

The guys who look good so far are the two in Ohio and California.
Canada2017
ATL Bear said:

I don't blame DeBlasio, Cuomo or Trump .

Once the virus came into our borders it was only a matter of time before containment was impossible.

Even 6 months ago few, if any taxpayers, would have supported the necessary tax increases to stock up on the amount of medical supplies required by such a pandemic .

People are dying due to selfishness, ignorance and a misguided sense of 'freedom '. Not because of any politician or political party .

ATL Bear
Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

I'm not disagreeing. I don't know if this is a marshaling problem or a we don't have it problem. And if it is we don't have it, whose fault that is. Also, I would let it all play out before reporting the score. That said...

Don't undersell Texas. Don't know who/where the credit is deserved, but thus far it's looking pretty good.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Don't undersell Texas. Don't know who/where the credit is deserved, but thus far it's looking pretty good.

Tru dat
riflebear
As liberals are trying to rewrite history, don't forget.

Almost 3 weeks after Trump put the China ban on - TDS was setting in.
This is the Chairman of the NYC Health Committee below. And don't forget Nancy in LATE FEBRUARY saying it was safe to come out to China Town in San Francisco. Identity politics & their hate for Trump allowed this to spread faster than it ever should have.

Forest Bueller
HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

You mean like when Pelosi, basically thumbing her nose at Trump and his Chinese travel ban, told folks to go celebrate in Chinatown, Pelosi wanted residents to understand how it's "perfectly safe to be here" in Chinatown. "We do want to say to people, come to Chinatown, here we are come join us," said Pelosi. This being in LATE Feb. Or when Pelosi, at the State of the Union, when Trump said we would give our finest effort against Coronavirus, she took the time to "tear up" her copy.
TexasScientist
HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Embarrassing!

Hence your constant TDS
Hope you had a good time screaming at the sky on the 1st anniversary of one of the greatest US election nights in history.
No. Just I reflected upon the fact that out of a country of 300 plus million, we couldn't nominate someone qualified for the office of president. The D's learned from the R's and were smart enough to drop out early enough to prevent Bernine from being nominated. The R's were not smart enough to have done the same, so they nominated someone who never cracked 45% (as I recall) in any primary. A minority of R's nominated someone, who obviously has assumed the presidency unprepossessing, devoid of character and intelligence.
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

cms186 said:

Its not a binary choice.

The point about Biden is a distinction without a difference. Otherwise, spot on. And as most of you know I voted for Trump.
Ditto!! Save I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.