How have you changed your life because of the coronavirus if at all?

5,761 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by El Oso
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have you changed any habits as a result of the virus?
Do you see yourself changing any of your habits in the future as the number of cases increase?

Midnight Rider
Hell, no.
BaylorFTW
Midnight Rider said:

Hell, no.
Is that because you don't think it is necessary or stubbornness or just have decided you will accept whatever may come and live as you always have?
Johnny Bear
I'm with Midnight Rider. My "normal habits" include washing hands frequently, covering mouth & nose when coughing / sneezing, etc. & that will continue. There is a far far greater chance any of us will die in a car crash or a hundred other things beside this over blown over hyped virus - and yet I'm not going to stop driving or riding in cars and neither should anyone else. The needless hysteria & panic over all of of this crap is utterly mind boggling.
Jack Bauer
No
BearFan33
I have hand sanitizer in car and use it on way home if I've been out in public. Otherwise no changes.
MIABear
Being in southern CA, the grocery stores are getting hit pretty hard... people are stocking up. I'm just trying to not go out much aside from work.
Booray
I am staying away from restaurants for a while. Did more grocery shopping yesterday than I had in a long time.

Usually spend 10-15 hours a week watching Baylor sporting events, so I am reading more to fill the vacancy.

Much more cognizant of hand washing and other hygiene practices.

Watching my wife spend all of her time trying to manage things at the private school she runs.
nein51
I havent changed my personal lifestyle at all. However, I think it is about to very clearly change my professional lifestyle quite a bit whether I like it or not. I am face to face with 25-40 people a day on a customer basis and I doubt my company will allow that to continue. I was just discussing with my team that they should be thinking about how to be effective while working from home. That is tough for field sales people.
Malbec
You mean other than I can't park the car in the garage because of all of the rolls of toilet paper? No, not really.
HuMcK
No more handshakes in court for now, other than that my job has mostly stayed the same so far. I know of at least 1 defense attorney in his 70s that has continued all of his cases out at least 30 days as a precaution, I've heard of others cancelling vacation plans and just staying home. The local stores have been mostly cleaned out of durable goods already.
BearFan33
BearFan33 said:

I have hand sanitizer in car and use it on way home if I've been out in public. Otherwise no changes.
I also forgot to mention...Wife and I have a cruise booked near end of April. It's looking like we will cancel and take a credit to be used by dec 2021.
muddybrazos
Yes, i will now be watching nascar and bundesliga soccer. All of my basketball bets were cancelled so this is what i'm left with.
Jack Bauer
I now have 300 hours of free time since all sports are cancelled until August.
CHP Bear
As a result of staying home more, my "Honey Do List" has gotten longer. No way will I let this virus interfere with my Senior Bowling League. Bought a 5th of Jack Daniels yesterday. Makes a great sanitizer.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BearFan33 said:

BearFan33 said:

I also forgot to mention...Wife and I have a cruise booked near end of April. It's looking like we will cancel and take a credit to be used by dec 2021.

You had better hope the cruise lines are still in business by then. This "crisis" is going to drag out until at least November 3rd if not longer.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BellCountyBear
Other than watching less sports, no. I've always practiced good hygiene.
BaylorFTW
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearFan33 said:

BearFan33 said:

You had better hope the cruise lines are still in business by then. This "crisis" is going to drag out until at least November 3rd if not longer.
Why do you say November 3rd? What is special about that date? I have heard some belief when the weather heats up in the Summer it will help.
El Oso
I usually grocery shop week to week. Last night I bought for 2 weeks. Other than that no changes.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BaylorFTW said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearFan33 said:

BearFan33 said:

Why do you say November 3rd? What is special about that date? I have heard some belief when the weather heats up in the Summer it will help.

You are correct , BaylorFTW. Apparently the virus does not like heat. But the fear, hype , and negativity by the mainstream news media will continue until at least November 3rd. Trust me on this.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BearFan33
BaylorFTW said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearFan33 said:

BearFan33 said:

election day lol.
57Bear
I have quit going to church! (I just got notified that there would be no assemblies until the situation becomes clear.)
BaylorFTW
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BaylorFTW said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearFan33 said:

BearFan33 said:

You are correct , BaylorFTW. Apparently the virus does not like heat. But the fear, hype , and negativity by the mainstream news media will continue until at least November 3rd. Trust me on this.
Alright, I just caught your reference about Election Day. Now, I understand what you are saying.
Canada2017
Canceled some trips involving air travel. Terminating social commitments ( which pleases me )

Buying more camping equipment.

Returning to Dinosaur National Monument as soon as the mountain passes are clear of snow .
Forest Bueller_bf
BearFan33 said:

BaylorFTW said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearFan33 said:

BearFan33 said:

election day lol.
The flu and virus season usually gets cranking around then too. The Coronavirus may indeed have another round starting next fall.
BaylorFTW
57Bear said:

I have quit going to church! (I just got notified that there would be no assemblies until the situation becomes clear.)
I saw the city of Dallas is prohibiting assemblies of greater than 500 people (https://www.peoplenewspapers.com/2020/03/12/breaking-dallas-county-makes-emergency-health-declaration/). And know of at least one person in another state that was saying they cancelled attending school. And SMU and at least UNT are moving classes online: https://www.fox4news.com/news/smu-unt-among-north-texas-colleges-moving-classes-online-due-to-coronavirus-concerns

I wonder if churches will just do the same where they will have the services online. If not, this could be a good time for folks to get in a little more bible study or check out some online sermons.
BaylorFTW
Canada2017 said:

Canceled some trips involving air travel. Terminating social commitments ( which pleases me )

Returning to Dinosaur National Monument as soon as the mountain passes are clear of snow .
That looks like some beautiful country especially along the river.
Canada2017
BaylorFTW said:

Canada2017 said:

That looks like some beautiful country especially along the river.

Green River flowing through the Gates of Lodore into Echo Park is particularly awe inspiring.

Better than the Grand Canyon.
CHP Bear
LABear1 said:

Being in southern CA, the grocery stores are getting hit pretty hard... people are stocking up. I'm just trying to not go out much aside from work.
More traffic in the grocery store parking lots than on the 405. Definitely easier to get in and out of Dodger Stadium than a Costco Parking lot. Unless the season gets cancelled.
Oldbear83
Made plans at work to address potential scenarios.

My wife is coming back from Hong Kong next Thursday, we'll be in precautionary quarantine (working from home) for 2 weeks after that.

Aside from the mob of emotional hysteria by folks who can't understand history or context, no other changes.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
nein51
More time at the sex club. The way I see it, Corona Virus is the least of all of the viruses I am concerned about contracting there. Feels like a safe space really.
BaylorFTW
CHP Bear said:

LABear1 said:

More traffic in the grocery store parking lots than on the 405. Definitely easier to get in and out of Dodger Stadium than a Costco Parking lot. Unless the season gets cancelled.
You might want to see if Amazon Fresh or Amazon Pantry is an option for your area. They will deliver the goods to your front porch in a 2 hour interval of your choosing and you don't even have to meet them. It is setup to where you can watch when they are getting near your home so similar to say a Ubereats delivery.

The prices are comparable for most things that you would get at a walmart or whole foods depending on what you get. Only difference is you give a tip that is around $7 for $100 of groceries. Of course, you can adjust the tip as you see fit. I have been trying this out for a couple of months now and it seems to work well enough. Occasionally, they will miss an item or the cans seem more prone to dents but haven't had problems with the quality of the produce so as a whole it has worked well. They put ice cream and other refrigerated items in insulated bags to protect them and may include frozen bottles of water to work as ice.

RegentCoverup
Can see evidence of panicked driving on highways and freeways. More accidents, cars stranded. Wreckers are cleaning up and I may go be a good Samaritan but we'll see.

I own a warehouse, I'll go check it and do a drive by with weapon. I expect random thefts will increase as the poorer population starts to suffer. Not expecting the police to respond if burglarized, so I may increase the signage. Definitely more ammunition purchases, but other than that, simply staying in and making sure everything is cleaned.

If it can be dirtied, bleach it, that's the answer here.

Art Vandelay
Ok, can we panic now?

CHP Bear
BaylorFTW said:

CHP Bear said:

LABear1 said:

You might want to see if Amazon Fresh or Amazon Pantry is an option for your area. They will deliver the goods to your front porch in a 2 hour interval of your choosing and you don't even have to meet them. It is setup to where you can watch when they are getting near your home so similar to say a Ubereats delivery.

The prices are comparable for most things that you would get at a walmart or whole foods depending on what you get. Only difference is you give a tip that is around $7 for $100 of groceries. Of course, you can adjust the tip as you see fit. I have been trying this out for a couple of months now and it seems to work well enough. Occasionally, they will miss an item or the cans seem more prone to dents but haven't had problems with the quality of the produce so as a whole it has worked well. They put ice cream and other refrigerated items in insulated bags to protect them and may include frozen bottles of water to work as ice.

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.