Who Has Been Impacted by Kung Flu?

1,847 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Canada2017
Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Besides tommie, how many posters have friends, family, or acquaintances impacted by the Kung Flu? How are they doing? Never confirmed, but our daughter had two friends in February who had really bad "flu" but did not get tested ... looking back, might have been the Kung Flu.
LIB,MR BEARS
I have a coworker quarantined

My son has two coworkers quarantined

I've no idea if they have been tested yet or not
CSIBear
I have a coworker's significant other that tested positive...about as close as it's gotten here.
Florda_mike
None
Baylor3216
Who hasn't been? I you didn't liquidate your 401k in January, it's been a rough ride
Oldbear83
My wife was taking care of her 93-year-old mom in Hing Kong for a month, came back last night.

So we're in self-quarantine for two weeks.

At my job, we have a warehouse worker at one location and two client customer employees who tested positive for C-19.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
BUgolfbear
So they have tested positive- are they actively ill? Are they hospitalized in respiratory distress? They only person I know of that is positive and critically ill is a Baylor grad student who tested positive following spring break trip to France. This person needs prayers. We keep seeing two sets of numbers posted- testing positive for the virus and number of deaths. There is a huge gap- what is truly meaningful would be to know how many of those testing positive are critically ill requiring ventilator support.
Oldbear83
BUgolfbear said:

So they have tested positive- are they actively ill? Are they hospitalized in respiratory distress? They only person I know of that is positive and critically ill is a Baylor grad student who tested positive following spring break trip to France. This person needs prayers. We keep seeing two sets of numbers posted- testing positive for the virus and number of deaths. There is a huge gap- what is truly meaningful would be to know how many of those testing positive are critically ill requiring ventilator support.
The people who tested positive have not, so far, required hospitalization.
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

My wife was taking care of her 93-year-old mom in Hing Kong for a month, came back last night.

At my job, we have a warehouse worker at one location and two client customer employees who tested positive for C-19.

Glad your wife made it back home .
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Thanks, me too. My blood pressure literally dropped from 151/93 to 135/84 the day she got home.
BaylorOkie
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Me too. My blood pressure literally dropped from 151/93 to 135/84 the day she got home.

For some men, the opposite would have been true. Sounds like you married a good woman, like I did.
Oldbear83
BaylorOkie said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Me too. My blood pressure literally dropped from 151/93 to 135/84 the day she got home.

For some men, the opposite would have been true. Sounds like you married a good woman, like I did.
Yeah, I married up and I know it.
robby44
My nephew and several of his fellow soldiers stationed in Japan tested positive on Monday. Not showing severe symptoms yet
PartyBear
BUgolfbear said:

I'm sorry about your friend. I would also like to know the percentage of those who get critically ill. When exactly did your friend begin symptoms?
PartyBear
robby44 said:

My nephew and several of his fellow soldiers stationed in Japan tested positive on Monday. Not showing severe symptoms yet

I'm sorry to hear about this Robby.
GoneGirl
A work colleague's husband just tested positive; he's ill now. She has lupus and just underwent 2 weeks of chemotherapy to treat it, so her immune system is compromised.

A former work associate, an attorney in his 40s, is in critical condition on a ventilator with the coronavirus.

Both my employer and my husband's employer are requiring all employees to work remotely. My employer just extended that through mid-April.

I canceled my flight home from Montana, where my daughter and I have been self-isolating since last Monday, and will drive home with my daughter next week. It's a 30-hour drive, and we will either camp (if that's even possible) or sleep in the car to avoid hotels. She wants to drive straight through; I could do that in college, but not anymore.

We cannot visit my 89-year-old mother-in-law; her facility in Dallas won't allow outside visitors.
BUgolfbear
Not sure of exact timeline- student went to France during Baylor Spring break. Those who traveled with him, including one family member, have not tested positive. Student is a friend of my daughter. My daughter went to church with the family there in Waco- phenomenal family. Appreciate prayers
BaylorOkie
robby44 said:

How are these guys doing, Robby?
bear2be2
My mother-in-law is being tested tomorrow after experiencing a number of the symptoms. We'll know more after that.
bularry
We got the email on Saturday that someone in the office had tested positive. Yippee

thankfully we had pretty much transitioned to everyone working at home by 16th, but still some in office including the person who tested positive.

Flaming Moderate
I do not know anyone that has gotten it, but we have a friend of a friend of a friend who passed away yesterday.
robby44
BaylorOkie said:

robby44 said:

My nephew is doing surprisingly well so far. No news on the rest of the guys
Canada2017
robby44 said:

BaylorOkie said:

robby44 said:

Good news .
Flaming Moderate
robby44 said:

BaylorOkie said:

robby44 said:

Praise the Lord. G-d bless.
robby44
Canada2017 said:

robby44 said:

BaylorOkie said:

robby44 said:

Good news .

He's doing well and is back at Fort Bliss recovering
BaylorOkie
Great.
Canada2017
robby44 said:

Canada2017 said:

robby44 said:

BaylorOkie said:

robby44 said:

Good news .

He's doing well and is back at Fort Bliss recovering

Really glad., hope he makes a full recovery soon .

I know Fort Bliss well....it's only about 14 miles from my former farm . Huge base .
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.