Nancy

4,129 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jack and DP
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
Flaming Moderate
I will never vote Democrat as long as Ms. Pelosi is alive. I can see where some of the more radical posters on this forum get their inspiration from this evil person.
Midnight Rider
Flaming Moderate said:

I will never vote Democrat as long as Ms. Pelosi is alive. I can see where some of the more radical posters on this forum get their inspiration from this evil person.
Your post contradicts your user name.
Jack and DP
Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

I think it highlights how the Democrats have abandoned mainstream America.
Midnight Rider
Jack and DP said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

The Democratic candidate got the most votes in the last Presidential election.
Guy Noir
I do not understand how Pelosi continues to get re-elected.
Johnny Bear
Midnight Rider said:

Jack and DP said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

The Democratic candidate got the most votes in the last Presidential election.

The Republican candidate had a blowout win in the Electoral College - the only stat that really counts. And there is a ton of mainstream America that doesn't live in California, New York and Illinois.
Mitch Blood Green
Guy Noir said:

Because she stands for something. This bill (a bailout) goes against conservative values. She not only did what was best for the times, she made sure the bill wasn't a corporate give away.
Canada2017
Guy Noir said:

Examining her congressional district will explain it .
Flaming Moderate
Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

I am curious about your post. What was the thought behind it? Did you think it was clever? Were you making some point? Just odd you would take your time to post something not only completely inaccurate but also utterly lacking wit or wisdom.

Now if my user name were "Flaming Independent," your post would still not be clever but at least accurate. I will keep this in mind when evaluating your future posts.
Midnight Rider
If you were truly a moderate your vote would be based on personal qualifications rather than a straight ticket based on party affiliation.
George Truett
Jack and DP said:

Dumb.

The whole line here about Pelosi holding up the bill is a fiction.

Dems holding out has resulted in a better bill. Maybe Mitch will learn.
George Truett
Guy Noir said:

Because she beats Donald J. Trump every day!

The stimulus bill is another notch on her bat.

You guys don't understand. Your support from Trump has KILLED you with college-educated suburban white women, a prior Republican stronghold. Basically, you've lost the suburbs.

That's why Reps got their rears handed to them in 2018. Get ready for more of the same in 2020.
Mitch Blood Green
Jack and DP said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

You can't believe mainstream America wants a 2T stimulus bill benefits big corporations and elected officials. Pelosi pushes for accountability of how the money was spent and ensured it was more evenly distributed.

Less than a week ago, we learned that elected officials too information about the pandemic and dumped their stock while the. Rest of us lost up to 50% of our bet worth.

On Sunday, put forth a package that would have allowed it to happen again. How does that happen?

Here's how it happen. If you put a D or R after the name, people determine the quality of the bill. Not the substance.
Jack Bauer

The House met for 100 seconds today and adjourned and do not plan to vote on the Coronavirus relief bill? Is this a joke???
blackie
Guy Noir said:

The same can be said for many on both the Rep and the Dem side. There are some really nut cases representing Texas on both sides. I'm still wondering how Paxton gets re-elected. I guess by doing so he is able to keep delaying his day of reckoning in court.
Flaming Moderate
Midnight Rider said:

If you were truly a moderate your vote would be based on personal qualifications rather than a straight ticket based on party affiliation.
I'm sorry. I must have missed my own post where I stated I would vote straight ticket. Can you share?
Forest Bueller_bf
blackie said:

Guy Noir said:

The same can be said for many on both the Rep and the Dem side. There are some really nut cases representing Texas on both sides. I'm still wondering how Paxton gets re-elected. I guess by doing so he is able to keep delaying his day of reckoning in court.
Bad politicians seem to be an epidemic on both sides of the fence.

Are they busy celebrating themselves and not realize this man, and untold millions just like him needed relief yesterday, much less in 2 weeks. Should have done this over a week ago.

Quote:

In a Queens, New York, apartment, a laid-off busboy has no idea if he will make next month's rent or feed his family.
Midnight Rider
Flaming Moderate said:

Midnight Rider said:

I'm sorry. I must have missed my own post where I stated I would vote straight ticket. Can you share?
Scroll up to the top. It's about the fifth post down.
Canada2017
tommie said:

Jack and DP said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

You can't believe mainstream America wants a 2T stimulus bill benefits big corporations and elected officials. Pelosi pushes for accountability of how the money was spent and ensured it was more evenly distributed.

Less than a week ago, we learned that elected officials too information about the pandemic and dumped their stock while the. Rest of us lost up to 50% of our bet worth.

On Sunday, put forth a package that would have allowed it to happen again. How does that happen?

Here's how it happen. If you put a D or R after the name, people determine the quality of the bill. Not the substance.
Did you not see the list of Dem demands that had absolutely nothing to do with pandemic aid ? How can you justify such garbage ?

Its NOT free money BTW. A 'printing press' churning out trillions of dollars we dont have is full of horrible consequences .
Booray
Jack Bauer said:

The House met for 100 seconds today and adjourned and do not plan to vote on the Coronavirus relief bill? Is this a joke???
No, it is part of the agreed plan. The House will pass the stimulus bill by unanimous consent. You don't want House members yapping on the floor about anything at this point.
Flaming Moderate
Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Midnight Rider said:

Yeah - I don't see it. Why don't you quote me directly?
EatMoreSalmon
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Jack and DP said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Did you not see the list of Dem demands that had absolutely nothing to do with pandemic aid ? How can you justify such garbage ?

Its NOT free money BTW. A 'printing press' churning out trillions of dollars we dont have is full of horrible consequences .
This has the potential to kill a whole lot of people right there. By spending to the max every year and borrowing much of that spending, we are running out of good options for emergencies.
Midnight Rider
Flaming Moderate said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Midnight Rider said:

I quoted you directly. Scroll up to the top and look at about the sixth post down.
Booray
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Jack and DP said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Its NOT free money BTW. A 'printing press' churning out trillions of dollars we dont really have isn't without consequences .
Lot of confusion here. Most of the Democrat "demands" were in the House Bill that went nowhere, was never going anywhere and was not meant to go anywhere. The bill was designed to pressure amendments to the Senate Bill.

And many of the amendments were pushed under the logic that if the taxpayer are going to fund it, the money need to be spent responsibly.

No question there was overreaching and there are things in the bill that don't make sense o n the surface in the bill. But if we are going to spend 2 trillion and design the spending in less than a week there are going to be flaws in it. Nature of the beast.
Mitch Blood Green
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Jack and DP said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

It's a stimulus bill. It all has to with with the pandemic. The virus didn't pick and choose who got hurt. It's not free money but it should get distributed evenly.

I don't know what's in the final bill.
Flaming Moderate
Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Midnight Rider said:

I quoted you directly. Scroll up to the top and look at about the sixth post down.
So, I'm a big fan of discussion issues and leaving the immature personal stuff to twitter. One reason I rarely post here, is every thread follows the same pattern: 1) OP; 2) a few good comments; 3) talking point; 4) talking point; 5) ad hom; 6) ad hom to infinity.

If it makes you feel smart of big to engage in this juvenile behavior, far from me to tell you otherwise. Just, for your own sake, these jabs usually work better if they're clever. You comments are just awkward and sort of am embarrassed for you.

1. Completely unoriginal. It's not quite 1996-level BBS response but hardly interesting.
2. You do not understand the difference between political principles or philosophies and political parties.
3. You do not understand the difference positive and negative statements. Feels like you might need clarity here: because a person says he will not do X does not mean he necessarily will do Y.

At the end of the day, you engaged in a foolish, unprovoked personal poke for no apparent reason that fails on basic intellectual and creative grounds. Keep trying. But not with me. You're welcome to have the last word, but as I noted, no interest in the pedantic silliness that consumes most of these threads.
bear2be2
Guy Noir said:

Because our primary system is terrible. And because unfortunately, politicians like Pelosi and McConnell are really effective in our broken political system. The same ones who have made our congressional politics a partisan wasteland also happen to be the best at playing the game. There's little virtue in that, but as the 2016 election proves, neither side rates virtue as highly as they pretend to.
EatMoreSalmon
bear2be2 said:

Guy Noir said:

Because our primary system is terrible. And because unfortunately, politicians like Pelosi and McConnell are really effective in our broken political system. The same ones who have made our congressional politics a partisan wasteland also happen to be the best at playing the game. There's little virtue in that, but as the 2016 election proves, neither side rates virtue as highly as they pretend to.
The two parties developed that primary system to keep themselves in power. The parties need to be the target. They have betrayed the interests of the American people knowing they have a de facto monopoly and aren't all that accountable.
Canada2017
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Jack and DP said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

It's a stimulus bill. It all has to with with the pandemic. The virus didn't pick and choose who got hurt. It's not free money but it should get distributed evenly.

No it did not. Read the particulars.
Jack Bauer
Remember when some liberals were saying the government would take care of your basic income and healthcare and college education rather than taking the risk on your own?

This incident should be a huge wake up call. Our Congress can't even pass a basic recovery bill during a pandemic because we are diddling about "diversity" and "green jobs" and "billions for arts centers".

As each day goes on, more people are going to say "F it" and take the risk with Corona so they can have money for their family rather than wait on these yokels in DC.

Mitch Blood Green
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Jack and DP said:

Midnight Rider said:

Flaming Moderate said:

No it did not. Read the particulars.

It's not out there, yet.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.