Trish Regan

3,992 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What happened? I dont get Fox News in my cabin but spent a week in Anchorage a week ago and watched her program. She was pretty hot. Now my brother said she was fired. What up?
midgett
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

What happened? I dont get Fox News in my cabin but spent a week in Anchorage a week ago and watched her program. She was pretty hot. Now my brother said she was fired. What up?

If you can log onto this site, I assume you can also connect to www.google.com
blackie
How can this be? I thought whatever you hear on Fox is fact, yet Fox fires her for saying the virus is a conspiracy against the President. Isn't that what Hannity told us? Shouldn't he be fired as well? I guess Regan isn't far enough up the food chain for protection.

So when the talking heads at Fox were saying this was a hoax and nothing more than an attack on the President, were they lying or just clueless? Bottom line, everything you hear at Fox cannot be taken as fact, just as can be said for any other network. The fallacy is believing that you don't have misleading news coming out of Fox just as you do MSNBC. And the worst part is that they both have too many minions that can't think for themselves, believing everything they are fed and then promoting it as fact.
GruntTuff
I miss the days when we could listen to Walter Cronkite and all news had to pass through a grizzled, angry, cigarette smoking news editor who demanded that reporters be able to verify sources, ask for comment from all parties involved and.....get this....clearly label NEWS as NEWS and OPINION as OPINION.

What killed the ability to rely on news for accuracy is the emergence of the internet and blogs/talking heads who can say whatever they want, propose any ridiculous theory without being challenged before going public, etc.

Nothing is ever or was ever perfect, but if you earned a Baylor journalism degree under the heavy hand of a professor like the great David McHam, you knew better than to try to conflict news with opinion, and you'd better be prepared to defend your facts before handing him a story for publication.

That is what we are missing today.
Mitch Blood Green
midgett said:

I went to that site. Wow! They have everything.
Johnny Bear
blackie said:

How can this be? I thought whatever you hear on Fox is fact, yet Fox fires her for saying the virus is a conspiracy against the President. Isn't that what Hannity told us? Shouldn't he be fired as well? I guess Regan isn't far enough up the food chain for protection.

So when the talking heads at Fox were saying this was a hoax and nothing more than an attack on the President, were they lying or just clueless? Bottom line, everything you hear at Fox cannot be taken as fact, just as can be said for any other network. The fallacy is believing that you don't have misleading news coming out of Fox just as you do MSNBC. And the worst part is that they both have too many minions that can't think for themselves, believing everything they are fed and then promoting it as fact.

At least on Fox News there is a discernable distinction between their opinion shows and their news shows unlike virtually all the rest of the MSM networks - especially including CNN and MSNBC.

Yes, their primetime lineup is all conservative opinion shows, but if you bother to watch their new shows (Bret Baier as an example) while being at least somewhat objective it is easy to see the difference.
BaylorOkie
tommie said:

midgett said:

Like we talked about before, searching for Dick Pound may bring up results you didn't expect. I know you love your Olympics.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Fox is no better or no worse. Fox keeps my 85 year old mother on pins and needles.

By the way Midget, that Google site is amazing. You have opened up a new world. Thanks
Mitch Blood Green
BaylorOkie said:

tommie said:

midgett said:

Like we talked about before, searching for Dick Pound may bring up results you didn't expect. I know you love your Olympics.

Best

Name

Ever
GoneGirl
GruntTuff said:

One of many things we're missing today.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

She had an opinion that was not politically correct and got the boot. This is actually pretty common these days. By no means am I defending her actions. I think she was wrong, but many have said much worse and still have their jobs.

These days, people would be wise to keep their heads down and mouths shut when at all possible. In this economy many companies are just looking for a reason to shed jobs.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
GoneGirl
Took Fox 2 weeks to negotiate her exit. This article also indicates the source of too many posts on SicEm: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/business/trish-regan-fox-business-coronavirus.html

Conservative media stars, including Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity of Fox News, have come under intense scrutiny after playing down the coronavirus and assuring millions of Americans that concerns about the illness had been overhyped by Democrats and journalists intent on undermining Mr. Trump.

Ms. Regan's remarks, on her March 9 program, were singled out as misleading and irresponsible, including by many of her colleagues at Fox Business and its corporate sibling, Fox News. On air, she accused liberals of rooting for a market collapse and trying to "demonize and destroy the president" in front of a graphic reading, "Coronavirus Impeachment Scam."

The decision by Fox Business to remove Ms. Regan's show took some journalists and anchors at the network by surprise: Fox executives are accustomed to withstanding public pressure, and rarely make personnel moves that can be construed as validating criticisms of the network.

But the fast-moving pandemic, which has sickened tens of thousands of Americans and upended the nation's economy in a matter of weeks, made Ms. Regan's position less tenable at the network, where her program attracts a fraction of Mr. Hannity's audience.
Canada2017

Fox is no better or no worse. Fox keeps my 85 year old mother on pins and needles.

How is your mother doing ?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
She is doing well. A year and half after dad died she remarried an old family friend who had lost his wife to Alzheimer's. They drive too much and seem to enjoy each other. I am really glad she is happy. She seems to be in good health. She called the other night ranting and raving because Waco shut down most businesses but left liquor stores open. She warned me there might be some truth to this virus that is going around.
midgett
GruntTuff said:

I miss the days when we could listen to Walter Cronkite and all news had to pass through a grizzled, angry, cigarette smoking news editor who demanded that reporters be able to verify sources, ask for comment from all parties involved and.....get this....clearly label NEWS as NEWS and OPINION as OPINION.

What killed the ability to rely on news for accuracy is the emergence of the internet and blogs/talking heads who can say whatever they want, propose any ridiculous theory without being challenged before going public, etc.

Nothing is ever or was ever perfect, but if you earned a Baylor journalism degree under the heavy hand of a professor like the great David McHam, you knew better than to try to conflict news with opinion, and you'd better be prepared to defend your facts before handing him a story for publication.

It's no longer just the first to get the story. It's who can give the most sensational angle. Skip Bayless is a prime example. Outrageous just to be outrageous and collect $5M per year from doing so.
Canada2017
Good for her .

I've told my wife many times to re marry whenever she wants.

As the best looking woman of her age in our Church I'm sure
she would have her pick .
blackie
Johnny Bear said:

blackie said:

At least on Fox News there is a discernable distinction between their opinion shows and their news shows unlike virtually all the rest of the MSM networks - especially including CNN and MSNBC.

Yes, their primetime lineup is all conservative opinion shows, but if you bother to watch their new shows (Bret Baier as an example) while being at least somewhat objective it is easy to see the difference.
I don't bother to watch any of it. To be fair, does MSNBC even have a strictly news show advertised as such? The few times I have passed through it, it was all opinion and that was obvious. When you have guests, regardless of network, it is likely opinion......or entertainment, not news.

I would be hard pressed to defend any of them.
Florda_mike
Another libtard idiot starts a TDS thread
Florda_mike
GruntTuff said:

It was never that way! Wake up

Fantasize all you want about the "good ole days" but news could never be checked then like it can today

That's why we know cnn, pmsnbc and all your other dnc and China financed media sources tell lies ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

Investigate just the least bit and you'd know your news sources were lying to you and half the info in your head are lies!
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
And you felt compelled to post. Thanks for adding to the conversation.

BTW Can you throw me a link to your info about drs losing jobs for saying negative things about Hydro Ch?
Florda_mike
Sorry to interrupt your libtard circle jerk

Ok go back at it, I'll not interrupt you sweet little boys
blackie
GruntTuff said:

Very good post, Grunt. I always enjoyed Walter. He was biased in things, I am sure, we all are to some degree but it didn't come across much from him. Typically when he took people to task, it was obvious, it was deserved. He was a calming influence to the country. It was almost like he was holding your hand to get through the bad spots, and we had plenty when I was growing up (Cuban missile crisis, riots in the 60s, Vietnam, Kennedy's assassination, etc.) And his influence and reflection of the country was palpable. There was the famous quote from Lyndon Johnson concerning I believe, Vietnam, something to the effect if I have lost Cronkite, I have lost the country.

I get most of my news from the paper (DMN and local). I have no problem with the opinion pages. I enjoy reading them regardless of who or what point is being pushed. I however, think it ridiculous for opinions to be interjected by "reporters", on other pages that are suppose to be just reporting the news.

I would agree on the talking heads. If we could dump those found on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox, we would be better off. All they do is create more divisiveness in the country. I don't see reason for any of them to be heard, especially if you are looking for just facts upon which you can come to your own conclusion.

I can't help but imagine what we would have heard had these people been around in 1941. First, they would have ignored any requests to keep military movements secret in the interest of the public's right to know which would have jeopardized our soldiers, and then they would have been more active about trying to either prop-up or take down Roosevelt than going all in to defeat Germany and Japan. Their priority is their agenda first and country second with little regard for collateral damage caused by their reckless rhetoric along the way.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Florda_mike said:

Sorry to interrupt your libtard circle jerk

Ok go back at it, I'll not interrupt you sweet little boys
eewwww gross Florda. You have sweet little boys on your mind?
Bearitto
GruntTuff said:

Would anything you said there were true. Walter Cronkite is well known to have actively pushed what can politely be called opinion journalism in the extreme. Today, it might be called fake news. But in reality, he blatantly lied, bald faced, to the American people.

The Tet offensive was a massive loss, as Cronkite suggested. But not for the Americans, as he lied. The Tet offensive was devastating to the Vietcong and along with the siege of Khe Sanh, hobbled the NVA. The US was indeed winning and Tet was a tremendous victory for the US. By the end of 1969, the NVA had lost 20 percent of its forces in the South and 70% of the South Vietnam population was under US control vs 42% at the beginning of 1968.

Cronkite lies about all this. He didn't stop there. He sided with communists fairly regularly. Another example, in 1972, when hip deep in Soviet aggression, CBS Evening News ran circa 1,400 anti-military/defense spending stories vs 79 pro-military. When asked why, he said, "There are always groups in Washington expressing views of alarm over the state of our defenses. We don't carry those stories. The story is that there are those who want to cut defense spending." He admitted the story was his opinion. Seven years later, in an interview he gave to a Soviet magazine just before they invaded Afghanistan, he said he thought a "Soviet threat" was a "myth" and noted "I will never believe in a 'Soviet threat."

Cronkite was an opinion 'journalist' who snowed gullible Americans who didn't know any better. Blogs and the internet have merely exposed that institutionalized leftist bias to the light. They have made it clear that no one is objective and if you claim you are, you are the biggest liar of all.

Canada2017
chuckle

Game, set and match
GruntTuff
How old are you, Bearitto?
Bearitto
GruntTuff said:

Old enough to understand what facts are vs opinion. Old enough to understand that Cronkite was an opinion journalist who blatantly lied. You weren't going to try and excuse his lies were you?
GruntTuff
GruntTuff
And while you're having a hard time trying to decide whether to answer my simple question, let me ask you one:

Has Donald Trump ever lied?

I'm 70 by the way.
Bearitto
GruntTuff said:

And while you're having a hard time trying to decide whether to answer my simple question, let me ask you one:

I'm 70 by the way.

In the same way none of my personal information is your business, my age is also not your business. I post no personal information on this site. If you wish to post your personal information, by all means, feel free.

You are the one who made the claim that you miss the days of Walter Cronkite when he and others would "clearly label NEWS as NEWS and OPINION as OPINION." You made that claim. That claim is false, on its face. You know that claim is false on its face and yet you don't appear to be backing away from it. Instead you are trying to turn to your apparent bona fides as an OAP to forestall further discussion. That's not how this works. Whether you are 17 or 70 or dead, the facts will not change. You should face them.

Bearitto
GruntTuff said:

Oh, and just so you know, that attempt there at Whataboutism, to cover for your apparent idol, is not just sad, but par for the leftist course. Indeed, Whataboutism is directly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda. When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the Soviet response would often be "What about..." followed by an event in the Western world like slavery.

Since Cronkite sided with the Soviets so often, it's no surprise you would follow his example. But next time, try not to be so blatant about it. It's not a good look.
Baylor3216
GruntTuff said:

Ha.
Florda_mike
GruntTuff said:

I'm 70 by the way.

You are one sheltered naive 70 year old

I'd guess you're a spoon fed and practically a trust baby sort from your cradle to grave too
Florda_mike
Bearitto said:

GruntTuff said:

Oh, and just so you know, that attempt there at Whataboutism, to cover for your apparent idol, is not just sad, but par for the leftist course. Indeed, Whataboutism is directly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda. When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the Soviet response would often be "What about..." followed by an event in the Western world like slavery.

Since Cronkite sided with the Soviets so often, it's no surprise you would follow his example. But next time, try not to be so blatant about it. It's not a good look.

Good post Bearitto

No reason to try to reason with these fools

I know my enemy and it's the ilks of the Grunts of this world

Whether they know it or not doesn't matter but they are destroying our country. They're useful idiots
LIB,MR BEARS
Jinx 2 said:

GruntTuff said:

One of many things we're missing today.
STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Jinx, by this statement, is admitting that in addition to FOX, her sources for news are BIASED.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.