Tough Time Support

1,310 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ABC BEAR
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm seeing an increase in child abuse during this tough time. I want to encourage parents at home with kids screaming while on a conference call that it's ok. It's ok if your dog barks or your wife vacuums or you only have two weeks of good TP.

Don't let any of this make you into the person you don't want to be. Love your kids. Don't hit them. Love your spouse. Don't scream. If it's overwhelming, find a place to have peace. Enjoy this moment as it too shall pass.

And reach out to your family and pals.

Next week will be my second week at home. I can get used to this. I accept I'm lucky.
Canada2017
tommie said:

I'm seeing an increase in child abuse during this tough time. I want to encourage parents at home with kids screaming while on a conference call that it's ok. It's ok if your dog barks or your wife vacuums or you only have two weeks of good TP.

Don't let any of this make you into the person you don't want to be. Love your kids. Don't hit them. Love your spouse. Don't scream. If it's overwhelming, find a place to have peace. Enjoy this moment as it too shall pass.

Next week will be my second week at home. I can get used to this. I accept I'm lucky.
Good message...but where/how are you seeing such an increase in child abuse ?
Mitch Blood Green
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

I'm not personally seeing it. It's on the news.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/03/20/texas-hospital-spike-severe-child-abuse-cases-coronavirus/
Flaming Moderate
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/03/20/texas-hospital-spike-severe-child-abuse-cases-coronavirus/
My wife is a teacher, and she worries about those kids for whom school is an escape from a terrible home life. Some of these kids would be much better off risking Wuhan than staying at home. Terrible.
GoneGirl
Flaming Moderate said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

My wife is a teacher, and she worries about those kids for whom school is an escape from a terrible home life. Some of these kids would be much better off risking Wuhan than staying at home. Terrible.
My mother-in-law taught kindergarten for 25 years in Temple. The stories she told made me feel sick: Kids who started kindergarten not knowing how to have a conversation with an adult because their parents never talked to them or read to them; the boy who always fell asleep in class because his mother took him with her to bars every night; the kids who started kindergarten and still weren't toilet trained. You're right about home being a risky place for too many children.
Canada2017
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Then another possible reason to 'restart' the economy ?

People are going to die either way Tommie.... and Trump will be blamed regardless. Personally I believe we need to remain in shut down for at least an additional 6 weeks.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Flaming Moderate said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

I see the same thing. All school children here are on free lunch programs so we hand out breakfast and lunches M-F. Some of the kids beg to come in and visit their classroom.
ATL Bear
Truly shameful.
blackie
Canada2017 said:

People are going to die either way Tommie.... and Trump will be blamed regardless. Personally I believe we need to remain in shut down for at least an additional 6 weeks.
Why should we have a concern as to whether Trump will be blamed or not blamed? Isn't stopping the virus the all important first concern here? Maybe people are correct. It is all about politics and that is a sad commentary for the country.
Canada2017
blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

Why should we have a concern as to whether Trump will be blamed or not blamed? Isn't stopping the virus the all important first concern here? Maybe people are correct. It is all about politics and that is a sad commentary for the country.

Concerned for our President because he is clearly busting his ass every day trying to fight this pandemic ....while some people are absolutely savaging him .

Honestly don't know how anyone could survive such consistent abuse .

Even LBJ , during the height of the Vietnam War , didn't get half as much **** .

william
tommie said:

I'm seeing an increa......ks or your wife vacuums or you only have two weeks of good TP.

Just placed a roll of Scott's bargain tissue into the rotation.

Once every 6 rolls until we return to normal.

- KKM

All in all, a pleasant posterior experience (PPE).

ABC BEAR
william said:

tommie said:

I'm seeing an increa......ks or your wife vacuums or you only have two weeks of good TP.

Just placed a roll of Scott's bargain tissue into the rotation.

Once every 6 rolls until we return to normal.

- KKM

All in all, a pleasant posterior experience (PPE).

Avoid single-ply. It is the handiwork of the devil.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.