Libs Owned Again

2,720 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Forest Bueller_bf
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?

CNN cut away from press conference when Trump introduced the My Pillow Guy
Booray
The fact that we are scrambling around trying to tap anyone with a sewing machine to make masks does not really speak to "owning" those not in the administration that is overseeing the scrambling.
ATL Bear
Booray said:

The fact that we are scrambling around trying to tap anyone with a sewing machine to make masks does not really speak to "owning" those not in the administration that is overseeing the scrambling.
C'mon. We've mobilized the private sector in every major conflict in our history. That's not scrambling, that's focusing our strengths where it's needed.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

C'mon. We've mobilized the private sector in every major conflict in our history. That's not scrambling, that's focusing our strengths where it's needed.
Of course we have. Usually there has been a plan and structure to it.

This all seems pretty haphazard and late to the party.

We are in Texas and I have been so impressed by how HEB has handled this. Texas monthly did an article on it and asked why they seemed so prepared. The answer was simple-they had been preparing since January, had run all sorts of table top simulations in early February.

From what I have seen a regional grocery chain took this more seriously than the federal government. I'm glad Mr. Pillow stepped up but we should have called him months ago.
Aliceinbubbleland
Booray said:

but we should have called him months ago.
...but we didn't. That's on us. I'm the one who posted the HEB feature a week ago. Yes, that is where America is about, not yelling at D.C. That's a lost cause and one that panders only to money and votes. By all sides. It's the nature of the beast.
Booray
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

...but we didn't. That's on us. I'm the one who posted the HEB feature a week ago. Yes, that is where America is about, not yelling at D.C. That's a lost cause and one that panders only to money and votes. By all sides. It's the nature of the beast.
Failing to make sure we had enough masks available for a foreseeable pandemic is not on "us." It is on the executive branch of the federal government.
Aliceinbubbleland
Booray said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

Failing to make sure we had enough masks available for a foreseeable pandemic is not on "us." It is on the executive branch of the federal government.
Always pointing fingers. You did nothing but complain.
Booray
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

Always pointing fingers. You did nothing but complain.
BS. I have said 25 times in different posts that Trump should be credited for his travel calls. I have made clear that it would be unrealistic to believe we could have avoided major sickness, illness and disruption. I praised Trump's initial efforts to engage industry, although it turns out those seem overblown. I made note that any president would have trusted the CDC to develop testing given its track record and it is hard to blame Trump for the quality errors in the initial CDC test.

But you can't see any of that because any criticism of your man can't be tolerated.

ATL Bear
Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

We are in Texas and I have been so impressed by how HEB has handled this. Texas monthly did an article on it and asked why they seemed so prepared. The answer was simple-they had been preparing since January, had run all sorts of table top simulations in early February.

From what I have seen a regional grocery chain took this more seriously than the federal government. I'm glad Mr. Pillow stepped up but we should have called him months ago.
I think we've done well overall. We're a month into heightened awareness so cases now were contracted during precautionary periods. Our healthcare system is not overwhelmed and we're making significant arrangements where need be so it won't be. I'm not looking to praise Trump as he's in uncharted territory, but I can't believe we're picking apart something no one expected even those who try to claim they did. China lied to the world, and is still doing so, and we didn't see exactly what was coming.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

I think we've done well overall. We're a month into heightened awareness so cases now were contracted during precautionary periods. Our healthcare system is not overwhelmed and we're making significant arrangements where need be so it won't be. I'm not looking to praise Trump as he's in uncharted territory, but I can't believe we're picking apart something no one expected even those who try to claim they did. China lied to the world, and is still doing so, and we didn't see exactly what was coming.
I don't know enough to know if we have done well, average or poorly. I think we will learn a lot more about that in the months to come. And I will be interested to see whether we just repeat New York City's experience around the country or whether NYC turns out to be something of an outlier.

I do know that the President today said 100k American deaths would be a good job by the administration. That comes a couple of weeks after saying 12,000 H1N1 deaths was a sign of how screwed up the Obama administration was. I also know I watched an impressive press conference on Mar. 18 where I learned that there would be this great Google website helping to directing the flow of testing at big box pharmacies across the country. 2 weeks later there is no website and there is testing at exactly 5 big box pharmacies stores across the country. I also know that the President and his team keep saying that there are tremendous amounts of equipment being shipped to the where it is needed; somehow never giving actual quantities or locations; I then hear governors and mayors saying we don't have what we need. I also know that the president said this was nothing to be worried about but he always knew it was going to be a pandmeic. I know he was trying to "open up large parts of the country" days before he extended his restrictive guidelines.

All of that is just a little too seat of the pants for me given the gravity of the illness.

To return to the premise of my post the leadership of HEB saw this coming and has been able to deliver actual goods in their stores far beyond normal capacity. I have to yet to see that from the federal government.
GrowlTowel
Booray said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

It really isn't and it is sad that you think so.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Wallace
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

Our death rate is already higher than China's.
GrowlTowel
Wallace said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

According to? The Communists? Really?

Do you wear one of those Gary Larson tags. . . Insert brain here?
Flaming Moderate
Wallace said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

We will never have decent numbers from China, and this - much to the media's chagrin - is not a contest. However, it is concerning the mortality rate has increased 0.4 pts to 1.7%.
Johnny Bear
GrowlTowel said:

Wallace said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

According to? The Communists? Really?

Do you wear one of those Gary Larson tags. . . Insert brain here?

Exactly. If you believe the Chinese commies on this, I hope for your own sake that somebody doesn't approach you about buying beach front property in Nebraska.
ATL Bear
Wallace said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

If you believe the number's China has and is reporting I don't know what to tell you. They reported 0 new cases today. And what death rate are you using? We have fewer total deaths with twice as many cases even with the BS numbers they've reported thus far.
ATL Bear
Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

I don't know enough to know if we have done well, average or poorly. I think we will learn a lot more about that in the months to come. And I will be interested to see whether we just repeat New York City's experience around the country or whether NYC turns out to be something of an outlier.

I do know that the President today said 100k American deaths would be a good job by the administration. That comes a couple of weeks after saying 12,000 H1N1 deaths was a sign of how screwed up the Obama administration was. I also know I watched an impressive press conference on Mar. 18 where I learned that there would be this great Google website helping to directing the flow of testing at big box pharmacies across the country. 2 weeks later there is no website and there is testing at exactly 5 big box pharmacies stores across the country. I also know that the President and his team keep saying that there are tremendous amounts of equipment being shipped to the where it is needed; somehow never giving actual quantities or locations; I then hear governors and mayors saying we don't have what we need. I also know that the president said this was nothing to be worried about but he always knew it was going to be a pandmeic. I know he was trying to "open up large parts of the country" days before he extended his restrictive guidelines.

All of that is just a little too seat of the pants for me given the gravity of the illness.

To return to the premise of my post the leadership of HEB saw this coming and has been able to deliver actual goods in their stores far beyond normal capacity. I have to yet to see that from the federal government.
Maybe the answer is to stop looking for the solution or your answers or the comfort, whatever it is you're seeking, from government.
Booray
GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

In what world is preparation for a pandemic not the responsibility of the federal government?
Booray
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

Maybe the answer is to stop looking for the solution or your answers or the comfort, whatever it is you're seeking, from government.

Thanks Ayn Rand.

The pandemic isn't my problem. It is the nation's problem. What I am seeking is a competent response to it. Like I said, it is still to early to tell, but the trend isn't good.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Several of you have praised HEB for its plan. HEB said one of their strategies was consulting their Chinese counterparts to get ideas of what might work. They didnt just say all Chinese are liars and you cant trust commies, Several chains have stores in China, including Walmart, Carrefour and Tasco.

How did HEB see it coming while others stood around saying it was under control?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Several of you have praised HEB for its plan. HEB said one of their strategies was consulting their Chinese counterparts to get ideas of what might work. They didnt just say all Chinese are liars and you cant trust commies, Several chains have stores in China, including Walmart, Carrefour and Tasco.

How did HEB see it coming while others stood around saying it was under control?
Their Chinese counterparts were probably the first to tell them not to trust their government, and that a serious contagion was brewing that their government was trying to conceal, and to get ready because the sh## was real.
Mitch Blood Green
Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

Yamiche, why are you being so threatening?
Booray
LOL
GrowlTowel
Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

In what world is preparation for a pandemic not the responsibility of the federal government?

A Constitutional world. A place where individual states are sovereign and are responsible for their own people. What you are witnessing is the federal government stepping in to solve the missteps of local officials. Not the other way around. And the Feds are doing a heck of a job protecting the people from the mismanagement of their local governments.

If New York, the most dense and international city in America, need more mask, perhaps the city should have purchased them as opposed to investing in *** hour with Transvestites at the local library.
Mitch Blood Green
I hope to see the Sham Wow guy tomorrow.
ATL Bear
I hope to see more Cuomo platitudes and deflections while his state takes the 4th and 3rd place ranking in the world for the virus. At least he's articulate, because that's what leadership looks like!

Booray
GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

A Constitutional world. A place where individual states are sovereign and are responsible for their own people. What you are witnessing is the federal government stepping in to solve the missteps of local officials. Not the other way around. And the Feds are doing a heck of a job protecting the people from the mismanagement of their local governments.

If New York, the most dense and international city in America, need more mask, perhaps the city should have purchased them as opposed to investing in *** hour with Transvestites at the local library.
Ironic that you mention the Constitution. The only reason the document exists is that the founders realized your utopia of a loose confederation of states acting in their own interests doesn't work.
GrowlTowel
Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

Ironic that you mention the Constitution. The only reason the document exists is that the founders realized your utopia of a loose confederation of states acting in their own interests doesn't work.
So no real comment then?
Jack Bauer
Company CEO shifts business model to make 50,000 N95 masks a day to help fight Coronavirus, gets mocked for being "Mr Pillow Guy" and citing the Bible.

Flaming Moderate
I normally stay away from CNN and the like, but heavens ... I just checked the web site ... things are starting to make sense now. Fox News is definitely more balanced. CNN is just full blown anti-Trump, negativity.
Booray
GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Booray said:

So no real comment then?
Yes, my comment was that we decided long ago that primacy rests with the federal government. We then fought our bloodiest war to settle the point. Neither the Constitution nor our history supports the idea that individual states are "sovereign," meaning possessing supreme political power. If you want that concept, move to Europe.

This is a national health emergency just like the nation was attacked on December 7, 1941 and September 11, 2001. It calls for a national response. That is how our system is designed. The states play a role and if they hinder the response, the leaders of the the states should be subject to criticism. Which is why I am careful to say that our governments (plural) will be judged on their acts and omissions. But the buck stops in Washington D.C.
LTbear
Flaming Moderate said:

I normally stay away from CNN and the like, but heavens ... I just checked the web site ... things are starting to make sense now. Fox News is definitely more balanced. CNN is just full blown anti-Trump, negativity.

I find CNN and FOX both pretty equally useless much of the time. It's increasingly frustratingly difficult to find just news, actual news, and not a bunch of partisan BS.
Flaming Moderate
LTbear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

I find CNN and FOX both pretty equally useless much of the time. It's increasingly frustratingly difficult to find just news, actual news, and not a bunch of partisan BS.
Well I tried to post screen shots, but I cannot seem to do it correctly. CNN has definitely gone full ****** since President Trump took office.
Booray
LTbear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Watch the News Hour on PBS.
Booray
Flaming Moderate said:

LTbear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Well I tried to post screen shots, but I cannot seem to do it correctly. CNN has definitely gone full ****** since President Trump took office.
Then the right comparison would be screen shots of Foxnews.com during the Obama administration.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.