How's Your Attitude?

6,318 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
Midnight Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How are you holding up, mentally, during these strange days?

What are you doing to not weaken?
Friscobear
It depends on what thread I read on this forum.
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
LTbear
Focusing on taking care of family along with doing what work I can from home.

I have also re-watched the Baylor vs Texas football game. It helped.
Oldbear83
Still self-quarantining.

Short version - it sucks.

Trying to find a decent way to simulate NCAA Tournament games.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Midnight Rider said:

How are you holding up, mentally, during these strange days?

What are you doing to not weaken?
My yard is beauitiful. The pecan bottom is shredded. Gonna help the wife with her garden this week. Have gotten a lot of things done I have been putting off for months if not years. Ironically, I have gotten a taste of what retirement life will be like and I like it! Unfortunately, retirement may have moved out a few years. We shall see.

Am glad the state of Texas still views liquor stores as an "essential" business entity.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Flaming Moderate
I'm in a weird place to genuine, deep concern for the future and enjoying extra time with my family.

My sleep loss is less to do with catching Wuhan Virus and more about what our world looks like in six months.
Florda_mike
Flaming Moderate said:

I'm in a weird place to genuine, deep concern for the future and enjoying extra time with my family.

My sleep loss is less to do with catching Wuhan Virus and more about what our world looks like in six months.

I'm experiencing same things as this ^^^

Certainly could drag to Election Day as that's what democrats want and they control the fear machine we call media

Flaming Moderate
Florda_mike said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Certainly could drag to Election Day as that's what democrats want and they control the fear machine we call media
The litmus test for reality vs. fake news will be the risk of Election Day being postponed! LOL.
william
Florda_mike
Flaming Moderate said:

Florda_mike said:

Flaming Moderate said:

The litmus test for reality vs. fake news will be the risk of Election Day being postponed! LOL.

Well, if they want everything postponed or cancelled wouldn't it be fair to also postpone or cancel elections?

Frankly, you might get an unanimous vote to cancel elections under this national emergency IF it meant House and Senate could serve another term!

Hummmmmmm .......
Mitch Blood Green
Had they not told me I can't leave the house, I'd be doing exactly what I'm doing.
quash
As an introvert I'm living the dream.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Forest Bueller_bf
This is the strangest period of time I have encountered, and looking at our history, may go down as one of the most unusual happenings we will ever see.

I'm doing fine, though I really do miss interacting with lots of people on a regular basis. If this is more what retirement is like, I will probably delay retirement as long as possible.

But. everything is marching on.

I really miss that my son will miss his entire track season. He is a Freshman, so he wasn't taking down Jr./Sr. kids in his event, though for his age group, he does well. If he adds 50 lbs of muscle like I did from my Freshman to my Senior year, he will be very competitive then.
Forest Bueller_bf
quash said:

My son is a big time introvert, he likes being around people, but he really likes this shelter in place gig for now. I am just having to make sure he works out every day to keep him fit.
EatMoreSalmon
My screen time is way up, but I am actually losing weight eating at home more. Hmmm...

Woodworking projects are progressing, and like RD, my lawn looks a lot better than normal for this time of year.

Family is taking it pretty well. Daughter may not have her graduation ceremony. College decision has been complicated somewhat by the interruption. Final scholarship offers delayed a bit.
Jack Bauer
Lots and lots and lots of honey dos. The weather is outstanding so a lot of outside work. Keeps me busy, productive and not watching the doom and gloom on the news.

I figure that I get everything done by August and I'll get 8 hours on Saturday to watch football!
LIB,MR BEARS
I'd love to be able to give my kids a hug. Both are out of the house and my daughter is expecting.

I worked in my sons yard the other day with neither of us in close proximity most of the time.

With my daughter is expecting her first in June I don't dare go visit her. I am still working and am too often in close proximity to others so I don't want to take a chance.

I expect to see Rod Serling any moment.
Oldbear83
Lib: "I expect to see Rod Serling any moment."

Rod was a smoker who lived in the Northeast in a major city, so I think he was already hit with C-19.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
PartyBear
LTbear said:

Watching the Baylor/Texas game would be somewhat depressing as for one there may not be a season in 20 and possibly even 21 and then second I wonder what will be the state of affairs look for college athletics and university finances etc. in the after math. I think this event is changing America's culture for a while on a level not seen since 1929.

BTW how is your mom?
Midnight Rider
My attitude is fine.

We are empty nesters and I was contemplating retirement even before all this happened, so no financial issues yet.

Our two oldest are school teachers and the youngest works for Kroger, so no financial issues with them either.

Been watching a lot of movies, catching up on my reading, lots of yard work, and lots of walks. Which is what I would be doing in retirement. So I'm calling this practice for retirement. So far it's OK.
LTbear
PartyBear said:

LTbear said:

Watching the Baylor/Texas game would be somewhat depressing as for one there may not be a season in 20 and possibly even 21 and then second I wonder what will be the state of affairs look for college athletics and university finances etc. in the after math. I think this event is changing America's culture for a while on a level not seen since 1929.

BTW how is your mom?

Seeing the Bears whip some Horn ass is never depressing, my friend. She's doing ok. Seeing her lose her hair (this was just her second treatment) is really odd, but her spirits are as good as ever.
bear2be2
quash said:

Same here. I think I was built for self-isolating. Haha.
Nguyen One Soon
Forest Bueller_bf said:

This is the strangest period of time I have encountered, and looking at our history, may go down as one of the most unusual happenings we will ever see.

I'm doing fine, though I really do miss interacting with lots of people on a regular basis. If this is more what retirement is like, I will probably delay retirement as long as possible.

I really miss that my son will miss his entire track season. He is a Freshman, so he wasn't taking down Jr./Sr. kids in his event, though for his age group, he does well. If he adds 50 lbs of muscle like I did from my Freshman to my Senior year, he will be very competitive then.
I am retired, and this is far from retirement. One of my common statements, and that of many of my retired friends is that "I don't know how I had the time to work full time" while I was working.

My attitude would be better if I could still interact with some other people freely, without worrying about their health and mine.
Flaming Moderate
Forest Bueller_bf said:

I feel bad for the last-year kids from elementary school to college. Imagine you leave on Friday for Spring Break and never return to high school or college - miss prom, graduation, parties with friends, etc. Say you dedicated your life to a sport or art, and you never get to do it organized again. That sucks.
fadskier
Been working out 30-60 minutes everyday...lifting three days per week with 45 minute walk and then 45 jog/walk on the other four days. It's been great...have to curb my drinking. Just too easy to do while at home.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Canada2017
Getting a condo ready to sell April 13th.

Talking to my 3 grown offspring by phone ever other day .

Spending more time with my wife than in the last 15 years .

Ordering camping gear .

Attitude.....not great . Reading so much about past pandemics has me dreading the next 8 months .

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Lucky to be healthy along with all my family. Its selfish I know but I am really depressed. I am being allowed to work from my computer and phone so its like I have 4.5 months of summer vacation.

But theres no where to go. I usually work in Thailand on my summer travels but its shut down. Every place I planned on going, Laos, Hong Kong, Manila, Cambodia, and Vietnam are closed. I will hang out in AK for a few weeks and see what changes. I have gone ice fishing a few times and ridden the snow go but I am ready for warmer climes. It was 9F with 6 inches of snow this week.

Seriously anybody know of any here that is open? Canada warned me about getting stuck and he was right.
Canada2017
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Lucky to be healthy along with all my family. Its selfish I know but I am really depressed. I am being allowed to work from my computer and phone so its like I have 4.5 months of summer vacation.

But theres no where to go. I usually work in Thailand on my summer travels but its shut down. Every place I planned on going, Laos, Hong Kong, Manila, Cambodia, and Vietnam are closed. I will hang out in AK for a few weeks and see what changes. I have gone ice fishing a few times and ridden the snow go but I am ready for warmer climes. It was 9F with 6 inches of snow this week.

Seriously anybody know of any here that is open? Canada warned me about getting stuck and he was right.

Are flights from Anchorage to Seattle still open ?

If so ...ask if you can work from offsite .
curtpenn
Very depressed. Hit to investments probably pushes retirement out another year (I'm 65 and so ready to quit). Adult son on 60% pay and sheltering in place wondering if he will even have a job to come back to if those goes much further. Adult daughter lost her job today and her husband took a 10% pay cut. My heart aches for them. Wife and I are probably safely employed in "essential" industries. She's now working from home. I continue to report to work as usual in a production setting where 60+% of the staff is now working from home. Very surreal feel to daily life. No doubt will just struggle on and hope for better times. Sucks now.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Yes I am working in my cabin now. No need to go in. Ironic that for the first time in my life I can work from anywhere but there is nowhere to go.

I can get to Seattle and really anywhere in the U.S. I didnt plan on spending my summer in Texas.
Canada2017
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Yes I am working in my cabin now. No need to go in. Ironic that for the first time in my life I can work from anywhere but there is nowhere to go.

I can get to Seattle and really anywhere in the U.S. I didnt plan on spending my summer in Texas.

I expect restrictions on domestic flights within the month .

Get out of that village ASAP .
Doc Holliday
I work in in oil and gas. I could lose my job at any moment.

My Grandmother, who I'm extremely close with, has brain cancer, I just found out this week.

My brother, who is my best friend, is struggling with alcohol and depression. He's broke and needs my help.

And to top it off...I knocked up my wife in January. This will be my first kid.

I'm sad, scared, and happy? Too many emotions guys.

Love y'all, even the lefties.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Congrats on your first. I thought I knew you for years but I realize I was mistaken.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Things will turn around.
Doc Holliday
Thanks LIQR, I appreciate it. Things will get better. I have so much that I'm thankful for, even when my world is chaotic.

I Hope all is well with you
Canada2017
Give everything you've got to your family .

Grandmother , brother , wife and unborn child .

Never give up on any of them till the day you die .
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.