Riots & Looting

64,264 Views | 827 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
Bearitto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.R. said:

Bearitto said:

J.R. said:

Bearitto said:

J.R. said:

Bearitto said:

RebelT said:

fubar said:

Some of you seem to be more outraged by rioting and looting than you do about a police officer killing a man who was subdued and unable to resist arrest.

I find that to be astounding.

Astounding? Yes.

But with this group? Not surprising in the least.

A single guy was killed by a bad cop. Hey, let's burn the whole damn city to the ground and turn this place into Somalia!!!!!

That sounds like a great idea. No cause for concern there.
just great you don't have a problem with a cop killing someone in plain sight...... humility, much?

Try keeping your words in your own mouth instead of lying about what I've said.
not hard to read between the lines of your ilk!

It's just hard for you to read at all, you god damned moron. I've been very explicit about the murder. You're just a re tard who can't read for comprehension.
nice use of cussing to articulate yourself. Go back to your cube.

That's not cussing. That's NBC at 7pm. Stop lying about what I've said.
Gold Tron
D. C. Bear said:

Gold Tron said:

FWBear said:

Gold Tron said:

If a looter gets shot in the next few days, will that be spun as racist?
You know it will.
If someone broke into my house, I would shoot them without prejudice, literally. I would not care what their ethnicity happened to be.

If someone broke in to my house and I could avoid shooting them, I would. Killing someone, even in self defense, can be psychologically devastating.
I'm not going to sit down and have an Algonquin Round Table to discuss their intent.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
J.R.
Bearitto said:

J.R. said:

Bearitto said:

J.R. said:

Bearitto said:

J.R. said:

Bearitto said:

RebelT said:

fubar said:

Some of you seem to be more outraged by rioting and looting than you do about a police officer killing a man who was subdued and unable to resist arrest.

Astounding? Yes.

A single guy was killed by a bad cop. Hey, let's burn the whole damn city to the ground and turn this place into Somalia!!!!!

just great you don't have a problem with a cop killing someone in plain sight...... humility, much?

Try keeping your words in your own mouth instead of lying about what I've said.
not hard to read between the lines of your ilk!

It's just hard for you to read at all, you god damned moron. I've been very explicit about the murder. You're just a re tard who can't read for comprehension.
nice use of cussing to articulate yourself. Go back to your cube.

That's not cussing. That's NBC at 7pm. Stop lying about what I've said.
huh....I was always of the opinion that "God Damned" was sorta cussing. Get back to you cube.
riflebear
br53 said:

Bearitto said:

RebelT said:

fubar said:

Astounding? Yes.

Well it is Ilhan Omar's district. She just wants it to feel like home again.

And their AG is an Antifa lover. What a disaster and they will just milk it throughout the weekend and let it get worse for one reason. To win in 2020
Art Vandelay
D. C. Bear
Gold Tron said:

D. C. Bear said:

Gold Tron said:

FWBear said:

Gold Tron said:

If a looter gets shot in the next few days, will that be spun as racist?
You know it will.
If someone broke into my house, I would shoot them without prejudice, literally. I would not care what their ethnicity happened to be.

If someone broke in to my house and I could avoid shooting them, I would. Killing someone, even in self defense, can be psychologically devastating.
I'm not going to sit down and have an Algonquin Round Table to discuss their intent.

Did I say something about intent?
GrowlTowel
J.R. said:

Bearitto said:

RebelT said:

fubar said:

Astounding? Yes.

Just great that you don't have a problem with people stealing and committing arson in plain sight . . . humility, much?
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
Give this guy a hand!

Jack Bauer
Rick Wilson is not well...

Jack and DP
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/paula-bolyard/2020/05/29/violent-rioters-breach-ohio-statehouse-breaking-windows-and-entering-building-to-protest-death-of-george-floyd-n454462
Jack and DP
ValhallaBear
Jack and DP said:

Give this guy a hand!

'overwhelmingly peaceful'????

Does he mean other than the shootings?
Thee University
All the cops have to do to disperse the thug crowds is offer everyone a job with decent pay cleaning up what they tore up.

Watch those thugs run home holding up their pants in one hand and a stolen flat panel in the other.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Jack and DP
J.R.
GrowlTowel said:

J.R. said:

Bearitto said:

RebelT said:

fubar said:

Astounding? Yes.

Just great that you don't have a problem with people stealing and committing arson in plain sight . . . humility, much?
reading comprehension is your friend!
Doc Holliday
Trump expedited the federal investigation into the cops prosecution, all while the local government asked people to burn their city down.

All that these Democrats "running" the city know how to do is virtue signal. That's why the feds came in so quickly.
Jack Bauer
Sweet Jeeeeebus!!!

Brian - you are a fat, middle age white man with a high paying job. You and CNN are nothing like George Floyd.

FWBear
Jack Bauer said:

Sweet Jeeeeebus!!!

Brian - you are a fat, middle age white man with a high paying job. You and CNN are nothing like George Floyd.

Brian is such a gaping you know what.
“When they are wrong, what makes them wrong is that they lead to violations of the duties I have described in earlier chapters.”
– Jason Brennan
Booray
I thought I was pretty woke, but I don't get this. They quickly arrested the cop that did the killing. At this point, you can't do any more than that.

If you want society to change: vote and use your economic power.
Doc Holliday
Outrage is contagious.

Rage makes us irrational.
br53
Doc Holliday said:

The outrage is contagious.

Rage makes us irrational.
So does being uneducated.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Johnny Bear
Mitch Henessey said:

Johnny Bear said:

George Truett said:

Johnny Bear said:

Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

These riots are based on singular instances.

That is wishful thinking. I'm not sure how people like you manage to ignore the racial tensions of the past few centuries in America, but basic equal treatment has still not been achieved, according to any given objective metric.

The law, only relatively recently, has been changed to allow for true equality, but we all know that the law is not equally applied.

Minorities are not killed at a greater clip than whites, contrary to popular leftist propaganda, but minorities are beat up, arrested, prosecuted, jailed at a far greater clip than whites.

This is not a singular instance, it is the culmination of centuries of injustice. While the media, and pop culture is complicit in enraging minorities over a bad take on equality, when it comes to cops murdering citizens, the general consensus that this is the latest in a long line of injustices is obviously correct.

Cops have have a long way to go to regain public trust, and are seemingly heading the opposite direction, with haste.
What a bunch of BS. Over the past 60 years, no nation in the history of mankind has done as much or more to right societal wrongs (that most definitely needed to be righted) and societally speaking, even the playing field for a minority of its citizens than the USA has done for the black community over the course of that time. Nobody is denying we have a lot of bad history regarding the plight and treatment of blacks and the black community, but on the other hand we have a bunch of people that want to deny the obvious progress and improvement in that regard over the last half century plus. I've lived through the time period we're talking about and it's a very different world than it used to be in this regard - thank goodness.

Does that mean racism has been eliminated? Of course not and just like crazy lunatics will never be eliminated, individuals here and there who are bigots (that exist in all communities with varying skin colors and ethnicities) will never be totally eradicated. And by the way, all of them are wrong and all of them have counterproductive/divisive beliefs. The norm, however, is the vast majority are not racists or bigots, but since there is so much to gain politically by claiming that's not the case per those on the left, they'll never acknowledge it and will always claim the opposite is true.

As far as this terrible, deadly incident in Minneapolis, yes, it most definitely is a "one off" type of occurrence by some bad cops. Yes, sadly and tragically there are some bad cops out there (some of them even served at the highest levels of law enforcement during the Obama Administration), but the vast majority do anywhere from an adequate to an outstanding job of serving and protecting. It's both wholly inaccurate and ridiculous to portray this as some kind of widespread systemic problem. It isn't. It's a rare occurrence and hopefully the perpetrators of this crime will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

There are some bad, evil people in the USA in any legal profession/vocation you want to name, but the vast majority clearly aren't and when that small minority of bad/evil people commit a crime or atrocity it's absurd to paint everyone (or even the majority) in that profession/vocation as being the equivalent thereof - especially including law enforcement.
This is what we whites tell ourselves, but it isn't true.

The Central Park incident is a good example. The woman who called the cops on the black man was a liberal Democrat. But she immediately pulled the racist card like a pro when she saw an unfamiliar black man and knew what to say to the cops. It's like programming we (white and black) have in us that we see black men as a threat.

It's also telling about our country that immediately after two terms of a high-principled black man we elect a non-principled white troll.

I wish I could say I'm free of racism, but I can't. It's deeply programmed in me.

People of color know racism is still systemic in our country while we whites engage in magical thinking that it isn't.

I think it's healthier to confess that racism is in our DNA and that it's still a problem in our country.

Frankly, I don't know what the answer is. I would like to say it's in the church, but Sunday morning is still the most segregated hour of the week.

As for me, I intend to be more engaged in dialogue and prayer with people of color in my church to understand their perspectives and look for solutions.

The woman in Central Park was an INDIVIDUAL who did an idiotic thing. Again, nobody is claiming we don't have people like that in the country that exist in all communities. The point is they are a tiny minority and to indict our entire society because of them is ludicrous and asinine. You can provide one off examples all you want, but it's just flat wrong to blanket characterize the mostly good people of our country because of stories that are the exception instead of the rule.

And I don't care what the racial composition of Barrack Obama is, he was unquestionably one of the most corrupt and dishonest Presidents we've ever had who demonstrably illegally spied on and attempted to sabotage the campaign of a rival POTUS candidate. He deserves serious prison time and isn't worthy to tie Trump's shoes from an honesty standpoint.
Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be this blissfully unaware of the goings on in the world around me. Is it painful? Does it manifest itself as a dull headache at all times? Or is it like bouncing around from cloud to cloud, everything being rainbows and daisies? Never once having to think about the fact that one's own experience in the world can be radically different from the experience of another person, solely due to the way they look.
Sometimes I wonder what it's like to have the reading comprehension level of a 2nd grader and totally miss the point most of the time as you just did.
FWBear
Booray said:

I thought I was pretty woke, but I don't get this. They quickly arrested the cop that did the killing. At this point, you can't do any more than that.

You ain't woke if you aren't looting, burning, and accusing strangers of being racist.
“When they are wrong, what makes them wrong is that they lead to violations of the duties I have described in earlier chapters.”
– Jason Brennan
Forest Bueller_bf
Booray said:

I think Antifa did a lot to get the destruction of property started. Then things just snowballed and the law of the mob took over.

My wife's grandpa used to say, for young men or boys in his example. " One boy is a whole boy, two boys are half a boy, and three boys are no boy at all".

His meaning, the more young guys you got together in a group, the less sense they had together.

Jack and DP
Booray said:

I agree, but don't forget that many people have been out of work, out of school, and unable to play ball. Just a recipe for disaster.
quash
57Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

BUMBA1 said:

You guys do realize that this is the same area where Philando Castille was killed and that officer was acquitted. They've already seen how justice plays out. So the rioting, while troublesome and inexcusable, also takes into account previous incidents where justice definitely wasn't served.

Have you ever pulled jury duty ?

It's not easy .

What's clear in one person's mind is reasonable doubt in another's .
I was "one of two extras" on a jury for a federal prison escapee. When we two were released prior to jury deliberations, we agreed on the way down the stairs: GUILTY. I was stunned the next morning to read in the paper: INNOCENT.
Nobody is innocent after a trial, they are not guilty. Big difference.
Malbec
quash said:

57Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

BUMBA1 said:

You guys do realize that this is the same area where Philando Castille was killed and that officer was acquitted. They've already seen how justice plays out. So the rioting, while troublesome and inexcusable, also takes into account previous incidents where justice definitely wasn't served.

It's not easy .

I was "one of two extras" on a jury for a federal prison escapee. When we two were released prior to jury deliberations, we agreed on the way down the stairs: GUILTY. I was stunned the next morning to read in the paper: INNOCENT.
Everybody is innocent until proven guilty. If you haven't been proven guilty, you are STILL innocent. Vincent Bugliosi used to say it rightly should be, "Innocent unless proven guilty."
Canada2017
Malbec said:

quash said:

57Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

BUMBA1 said:

It's not easy .

Everybody is innocent until proven guilty. If you haven't been proven guilty, you are STILL innocent. Vincent Bugliosi used to say it rightly should be, "Innocent unless proven guilty."

Agreed
Florda_mike
Thee University said:

........ offer everyone a job with decent pay cleaning up what they tore up.

Above is the definition of the lifespan of a democrat and RINO politician ironically
ATL Bear
A riot has started out of a peaceful protest in downtown Atlanta. They have breached the CNN Center.
Gold Tron
quash said:

57Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

BUMBA1 said:

It's not easy .

Your statement is patently anti-American and it nauseates me. Innocence is to be assumed. Wow.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
Florda_mike
Gold Tron said:

quash said:

57Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

BUMBA1 said:

It's not easy .

Your statement is patently anti-American and it nauseates me. Innocence is to be assumed. Wow.

Quash is trash

He won't even dispute this

He knows I'm right

He's a waste
Florda_mike
ATL Bear said:

A riot has started out of a peaceful protest in downtown Atlanta. They have breached the CNN Center.

Really???

I'm without TV
BaylorTaxman
Is this incident what ultimately "kills" the virus? I ran errands for an hour today and did not hear anything on the COVID while listening to the news.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.