So What Happened to Wuhan Virus

2,822 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Flaming Moderate
Flaming Moderate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A week ago, we were all warned that leaving the house and socializing would lead to a destructive second wave of Wuhan virus, and that if we left we were irresponsible, selfish, and wanted old people to die. The usual corporate media "experts" told us so.

Now, none of those "experts" are condemning the rioters-looters? Are they not just selfish, old-people-killing bigots?
Sam Lowry
The media got distracted from it. And by an amazing coincidence, you did too.
Flaming Moderate
Exactly lol
ValhallaBear
At least the riots exposed Sam Wuhan and his brethren as the frauds they are

Unless most of the people at the riots die in a few weeks

Why wouldn't all those people die in a few weeks?

If they don't die in a few weeks then what exactly the hell has been going on for the last 3 months?
Flaming Moderate
We can give Sam President Fauci's official portrait!
HuMcK
I remember when it started the experts warned us that respiratory diseases usually abate in the heat of summer, and we shouldn't take that lull as a sign the virus had burned out. 105,000 dead in the first wave, and morons are still out here acting like it's a hoax, I wish I was surprised.
corncob pipe
Does this mean pneumonia and heart attack deaths will make a rebound?
muddybrazos
I went out to a local bar on Saturday night, which was decently packed, and everyone there was business as usual like the corona never was a thing. I guess those lockdowns in my state really were not necessary.
Flaming Moderate
HuMcK said:

I remember when it started the experts warned us that respiratory diseases usually abate in the heat of summer, and we shouldn't take that lull as a sign the virus had burned out. 105,000 dead in the first wave, and morons are still out here acting like it's a hoax, I wish I was surprised.
Seems like rioting and looting is the cure. I have not seen any corporate media or blue checkers losing their minds for people violating the lockdown for riots and looting parties. LOL.
J.R.
I live in downtown Dallas and was driving around Sunday around brunch time. All of the hipster brunch spots were packed, no masks, just like 4 months ago. Don't know what that says, but in my part of town, it's on! most places are putting all the tables on decks , patios, sidewalks as they can fill those up at 100%. Good to see economically, just hope we don't get a big flare up with Rona.
Jack and DP
HuMcK said:

If there's a ceasefire, why shouldn't people take advantage of it?
Malbec
I think we found the cure for COVID-19. Free **** from Target and CVS.
CHP Bear
HuMcK said:

is your 105k number with or without blue states nursing homes?
HuMcK
Is that where we're at now, deaths in blue states don't count?
bularry
a good friend in management at Houston Methodist Med Center says as of yesterday, that had their highest ever hospitalizations for Covid. Could be an anomaly, I don't know.

muddybrazos
HuMcK said:

the Cuomo body count is about 50% of NY deaths
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

HuMcK
So that's why Trump's response to the virus was so incredibly lazy and half-assed: they were mostly blue state deaths and he only cares about his base.
CHP Bear
HuMcK said:

Just a question. But since you brought it up why ask me? Ask the blue state leadership. I'm sure they can spin it to your satisfaction.
Flaming Moderate
https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/g4mv4f/reopen_protestors_should_sign_do_not_hospitalize/

LOL - guessing this is an issue where the binaries would suddenly change depending on the grievance group.

Another good one:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/19/opinion/coronavirus-trump-protests.html
Sam Lowry
ValhallaBear said:

Because the disease has a fatality rate in the low single digits.
brazosplaya
Sam Lowry said:

ValhallaBear said:

Because the disease has a fatality rate in the low single digits.
Estimated at .3% but we'll never know the real denominator. Covid is real, but anyone pretending they know the actual solution to it is full of crap. Trump was never going to stop it, Coumo wasn't either. The call for ventilators was bogus, and Hydroxychloroquine won't solve it. Corporate media did love the spike in ratings though.
Jack and DP
contrario
So a couple of weeks ago when people were protesting to reopen the economy, people said those protesters should have to sign a waiver to deny medical treatment if they caught the virus. In the name of consistency, are those same people saying the same thing about these protesters?
Jack and DP
contrario said:

So a couple of weeks ago when people were protesting to reopen the economy, people said those protesters should have to sign a waiver to deny medical treatment if they caught the virus. In the name of consistency, are those same people saying the same thing about these protesters?

But trust the science
Jack and DP
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

It's ironic seeing the same media who were blasting and calling for the arrest of irresponsible protesters who protested the lock down strangely silent, or in some cases condoning the present protests.

As always, I guess it depends on whose ox was gored.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

It's ironic seeing the same media who were blasting and calling for the arrest of irresponsible protesters who protested the lock down strangely silent, or in some cases condoning the present protests.

A virus isn't deterred by irony.
STxBear81
Ever trustworthy CNN said last week to wear masks and stay inside...now to stay counterintuitive to common sense cNN is saying to go out and riot and dont worry about social distancing. its Trump fault because of the Virus and now its his fault because of the riots.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Never suggested it was. Is your sarcasm radar broken, old friend?
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Never suggested it was. Is your sarcasm radar broken, old friend?
No, I'm sorry if I sounded curt. Trying to post while doing too many things at once I guess.
blackie
bularry said:

a good friend in management at Houston Methodist Med Center says as of yesterday, that had their highest ever hospitalizations for Covid. Could be an anomaly, I don't know.

Dallas also had their highest number of new cases yesterday. They are not freaking out yet, but are concerned.
Flaming Moderate
blackie said:

bularry said:

Dallas also had their highest number of new cases yesterday. They are not freaking out yet, but are concerned.
I cannot imagine why.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.