Where You At, NBA?

8,955 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Keyser Soze
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sports has been bringing us together for 50 years or more. We desperately need sports as a shared common interest.
Jack and DP
Instead, we get this

Booray
The POTUS tear gassed peaceful protesters so he could take a ridiculous photo op holding a Bible up like some kinds of trophy.

And folks criticize someone for remarking about it. Truly unbelievable.
GhettoHEBear
Jack and DP said:

Sports has been bringing us together for 50 years or more. We desperately need sports as a shared common interest.
Are you ready for the **** show of woke political messaging that will accompany every NBA game? It's going to be insufferable.
Baylor Mafioso
GhettoHEBear
Booray said:

The POTUS tear gassed peaceful protestors so he could take a ridiculous photo op holding a Bible up like some kinds of trophy.

That's funny. I never saw Trump shooting teargas? I did see police forces in Democrat-run urban areas deploying it, however.
Baylor Mafioso
BellCountyBear
Booray said:

The POTUS tear gassed peaceful protestors so he could take a ridiculous photo op holding a Bible up like some kinds of trophy.

Thee University
Popovich and Kerr would be nobodies without a few superstars that grossly elevated these coach's reputations on and off the court. Without Duncan, Parker and Manu the Spurs are .500 to .600 teams and Popovich and Kerr are retreaded in some other NBA losing team. Pee Wee Herman could have won the majority of games with the Spurs talent!

Popovich is on his way out anyway so now he gets outspoken about Trump, riots, looting, etc??? The NBA, NFL, MLB and all sports will wait until they see which way the wind is blowing before they put their public relations teams into action. It will be sickening if there is a season as high school educated players tell the nation how to act.

Those in-bred sports franchises are no doubt filming tear jerking stories highlighting the sacrifices the millionaire players have made to help quell the thugs.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
GhettoHEBear
Thee University said:

Popovich and Kerr would be nobodies without a few superstars that grossly elevated their reputations on the court. Without Duncan, Parker and Manu the Spur are .500 to .600 teams.

Popovich is on his way out anyway so now he gets outspoken about Trump, riots, looting, etc??? The NBA, NFL, MLB and all sports will wait until they see which way the wind is blowing before they put their public relations teams into action. It will be sickening if there is a season as high school educated players tell the nation how to act.

Those in-bred sports franchises are no doubt filming tear jerking stories highlighting the sacrifices the millionaire players have made to help quell the thugs.
I can't stand Pops politics but this is silly. Pop and staff made Manu and Parker into stars, not the other way around. Oh, and without Jordan and Pippen the 90s Bulls woulda sucked. So?
Baylor Mafioso
Booray
GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

That's funny. I never saw Trump shooting teargas? I did see police forces in Democrat-run urban areas deploying it, however.

Buffoons are in complete denial about the buffoon in chief.

It happened. They cleared the park before curfew, using rubber bullets and tear gas. So the buffoon could take a picture.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/backlash-use-tear-gas-against-dc-protesters-prior-trump-visit
GhettoHEBear
Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

It happened. They cleared the park before curfew, using rubber billets and tear gas. So the buffoon could take a picture.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/backlash-use-tear-gas-against-dc-protesters-prior-trump-visit
Hmmm, the a White House has been under attack and 50 Secret Service Agents were injured defending it. Maybe the protests weren't as peaceful as you say they were.
Baylor Mafioso
BaylorBJM
OP continuing the quest to solidify himself as the most sensitive poster on this board.
Booray
GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

It happened. They cleared the park before curfew, using rubber billets and tear gas. So the buffoon could take a picture.

Hmmm, the a White House has been under attack and 50 Secret Service Agents were injured defending it. Maybe the protests weren't as peaceful as you say they were.

Maybe you don't torch people today for what others did last night? There were no reports of violence from Lafayette Park when the tear gas and rubber bullets started. They were clearly making a path for the President to walk to St. John's for his photo op.

Own it-that is who we have in the White House
Mitch Blood Green
GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

Those were not DC police. They were Federal police.
Jack Bauer
GhettoHEBear said:

Jack and DP said:

Are you ready for the **** show of woke political messaging that will accompany every NBA game? It's going to be insufferable.
A bunch of millionaire black basketball players married to white women to lead the next Civil Rights movement...
Jack and DP
BaylorBJM said:

OP continuing the quest to solidify himself as the most sensitive poster on this board.

Kerr and Pop should retire and make way for Black coaches. Is that sensitive enough?
Bruin
GhettoHEBear said:

Jack and DP said:

No kidding.

Never
Back
Again

would be just fine with me.
whitetrash
I haven't seen an updated statistic lately: are there still more illegitimate children of NBA players than there are actual players in the NBA?

https://vault.si.com/vault/1998/05/04/paternity-ward-fathering-out-of-wedlock-kids-has-become-commonplace-among-athletes-many-of-whom-seem-oblivious-to-the-legal-financial-and-emotional-consequences
GhettoHEBear
Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

Maybe you don't torch people today for what others did last night? There were no reports of violence from Lafayette Park when the tear gas and rubber bullets started. They were clearly making a path for the President to walk to St. John's for his photo op.

You're clueless. You don't walk the leader of the free world out into crowds of protestors who were attacking the White House a few hours before. Your claim is that all the bad guys were gone and all the angels out there the next day. That's naive in the extreme. Does the president give orders to fire? No, there are military and Secret Service commanders who prepare the way. Do I believe those guys fired at innocents without asking them to disperse before the Executive in Chief went through? No I don't.

The same thing would have happened for any President.
Baylor Mafioso
GhettoHEBear
Jack and DP said:

BaylorBJM said:

Kerr and Pop should retire and make way for Black coaches. Is that sensitive enough?
This. If they cared so much for Black progress and representation those two will step down immediately and let black coaches take their jobs.
Baylor Mafioso
HuMcK
The bishop of the church was there on scene and she says you're wrong, along with clergy from several other churches in the area that were present. Completely peaceful, and the police moved in without warning, about 30min before curfew. They did this so Trump could go snap a photo of himself holding a bible that he's never read upside down. Trump has such a low opinion of evangelicals' intelligence that he believes even an obvious political stunt like that won't hurt his standing with them, and evidently he was right.
Booray
GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

You're clueless. You don't walk the leader of the free world out into crowds of protestors who were attacking the White House a few hours before. Your claim is that all the bad guys were gone and all the angels out there the next day. That's naive in the extreme. Does the president give orders to fire? No, there are military and Secret Service commanders who prepare the way. Do I believe those guys fired at innocents without asking them to disperse before the Executive in Chief went through? No I don't.

The same thing would have happened for any President.

The point isn't just that he cleared the peaceful protestors. It's that he cleared the peaceful protestors for a meaningless and awkward photo op. Literally at the exact same time he was saying he was on the same side as all peaceful protestors, he was having peaceful protestors gassed and shot at with rubber bullets so that he could take a picture.

No other President would have even conceived of such a hare brained scheme.
GhettoHEBear
https://twitter.com/brithume/status/1267817562357641216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1267817562357641216&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsicem365.com%2Fforums%2F7%2Ftopics%2F67177%2F17

Now it's being reported no tear gas was used. Oops!

Looks like you're a victim of the MSM, Booray.
Baylor Mafioso
ScruffyD
i cant think of one president who would need tear gas to clear the way for his oomopa loompa self to go grandstand in front of a church that doesnt want him in front of it.
Mothra
Link regarding the protestors being peaceful and tear gas being used?
Jack Bauer
That was a stupid photo op.

Was he there to read Two Corinthians?
Booray
GhettoHEBear said:

https://twitter.com/brithume/status/1267817562357641216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1267817562357641216&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsicem365.com%2Fforums%2F7%2Ftopics%2F67177%2F17

Just a couple points above you said that there was no way they would move POTUS through the protestors. Now you are willing to believe that clearing the protestors was not coordinated with the White House, he was just going to walk through a bunch that were allegedly throwing rocks at the police.

Really? You actually believe that?
Jack and DP
But can we just have some ball games to unify communities? Americans need a distraction.
Booray
Mothra said:

Here is a video of it happening.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/02/donald-trump-church-photo-op-george-floyd-protest-bash-pkg-vpx-es.cnn
Thee University
GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

Popovich and Kerr would be nobodies without a few superstars that grossly elevated their reputations on the court. Without Duncan, Parker and Manu the Spur are .500 to .600 teams.

I can't stand Pops politics but this is silly. Pop and staff made Manu and Parker into stars, not the other way around. Oh, and without Jordan and Pippen the 90s Bulls woulda sucked. So?
Are you kidding me? Manu was the best player internationally before he got to the Spurs. Parker was the best French player.

RC Buford built the Spurs. RC is not a coach.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
robby44
HuMcK said:

The bishop of the church was there on scene and she says you're wrong, along with clergy from several other churches in the area that were present. Completely peaceful, and the police moved in without warning, about 30min before curfew. They did this so Trump could go snap a photo of himself holding a bible that he's never read upside down. Trump has such a low opinion of evangelicals' intelligence that he believes even an obvious political stunt like that won't hurt his standing with them, and evidently he was right.

Yep

The Bible is not a prop': Religious leaders, lawmakers outraged over Trump church visit

Https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/religious-leaders-lawmakers-outraged-over-trump-church-visit-n1221876
Canada2017

President visits a Church and leftists are 'outraged '.

Some people have totally lost their minds .
GhettoHEBear
Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

Are you kidding me? Manu was the best player internationally before he got to the Spurs. Parker was the best French player.

RC Buford built the Spurs. RC is not a coach.
RC Buford contributed greatly. But please don't tell me that the front office and a nineteen year old French player made an undeserving coach one of the greatest of all time. It just doesn't work like that.
Baylor Mafioso
GhettoHEBear
Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Just a couple points above you said that there was no way they would move POTUS through the protestors. Now you are willing to believe that clearing the protestors was not coordinated with the White House, he was just going to walk through a bunch that were allegedly throwing rocks at the police.

Really? You actually believe that?
I don't even understand what you're saying.

I'm saying that your narrative that Trump ordered innocents to be tear gassed was almost certainly wrong. And now it turns out that tear gas wasn't even used according to reports. So I think I'm on target here.

Go back to the upside down Bible. It's the best thing you got.
Baylor Mafioso
Bruin
robby44 said:

HuMcK said:

Yep

The Bible is not a prop': Religious leaders, lawmakers outraged over Trump church visit

Https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/religious-leaders-lawmakers-outraged-over-trump-church-visit-n1221876
Mothra
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Here is a video of it happening.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/02/donald-trump-church-photo-op-george-floyd-protest-bash-pkg-vpx-es.cnn
Thanks
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.