Social justice, racial injustice, white privilege ,black lives matter

8,822 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Waco1947
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you understand that they are real?
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Do you understand what they are?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 Bot. Is he for reals?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
whitetrash
Waco1947 said:

So is Wakanda.

Doc Holliday
Do you understand hundreds of millions of dollars are behind those movements and they're not organic whatsoever?
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Do you understand hundreds of millions of dollars are behind those movements and they're not organic whatsoever?

Systemic racism quite real.
Doesn't need funding to function.
Whiskey Pete
"Social" Justice
Shouldn't be real

Racial Injustice
Not as rampant as you believe. Also, In this day and age if you're black, no one is telling you that "you can't build that"... you know, besides Obama

White Privilege
Is a made up term/narrative for snowflakes to try and hide their racism for apologizing for being born a color they had no control over. Problem is that many in the African American community has fallen for it hook, line and sinker. African Americans can accomplish anything they want, no one is stopping them except themselves.

Black Live Matter
Very real and judging by their rhetoric and actions, we should all be concerned.

Doc Holliday
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm willing to fight against identified factual examples of racism.

What I'm not willing to do is accept the claim or narrative of white privilege, which is the exact same thing as saying "your view is less valuable because you have not experience what I've experienced".

This is a character/identity argument, not a rational political argument that can be used in any way. I am vehemently against arguments from authority or character as they're designed to avoid the argument itself. It automatically dismisses, in this case, many counter arguments on the situation because of race.

It creates either anger or guilt. That's all it does. Neither anger or guilt help anyone.
BusyTarpDuster2017
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Your argument that social security is racist was really poor. Can you give another example? Name the one you think is most egregious.
D. C. Bear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Your argument that social security is racist was really poor. Can you give another example? Name the one you think is most egregious.

My discussion of the effects of Social Security is accurate.
Redlining was/is worse.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes, I do

Do you understand why "white privilege" is an inaccurate and even detrimental term?
Flaming Moderate
Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm willing to fight against identified factual examples of racism.

What I'm not willing to do is accept the claim or narrative of white privilege, which is the exact same thing as saying "your view is less valuable because you have not experience what I've experienced".

This is a character/identity argument, not a rational political argument that can be used in any way. I am vehemently against arguments from authority or character as they're designed to avoid the argument itself. It automatically dismisses, in this case, many counter arguments on the situation because of race.

It creates either anger or guilt. That's all it does. Neither anger or guilt help anyone.
This is largely where I land. The problem is "racism" as a conversation is:
- it becomes uber-emotional, so reasoned arguments suffer
- if someone decides you suddenly become on the wrong side of the issue, you risk being cancelled - so no one wants to have an honest conversation
- it largely is argument by anecdote, which means one cannot have a rational solution

That being said, it should take the tone of specificity not generality. The mental gymnastics people perform to keep it alive is very telling. It is an industry as much as it is a problem.
BusyTarpDuster2017
D. C. Bear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Redlining was/is worse.
It wasn't your "discussion of its effects" that I was talking about - it was your argument, i.e. your conclusion that those effects are indicative of racism that was rather weak.

Don't play these word games. Sophistry is gonna get called out, and it only makes you look disingenuous.

Robert Wilson
Think things, not words. Broad concepts are for lazy minds.
D. C. Bear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Redlining was/is worse.
It wasn't your "discussion of its effects" that I'm talking about - it was your argument, i.e. your conclusion that those effects are indicative of racism that was rather weak.

Don't play these word games. Sophistry is gonna get called out, and it only makes you look disingenuous.

Ok, my argument that Social Security is an example of systemic racism is accurate.

You wanted another example? Redlining.
BusyTarpDuster2017
D. C. Bear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Redlining was/is worse.
It wasn't your "discussion of its effects" that I'm talking about - it was your argument, i.e. your conclusion that those effects are indicative of racism that was rather weak.

Ok, my argument the Social Security is an example of systemic racism is accurate.

You wanted another example? Redlining.
We can get to redlining later. If you say your argument for SS is accurate, then why not answer my question from that thread?
Waco1947
I was born in 1947 in a hospital. I have a friend born the same year at home
We went to segregated school
Our fathers who were WW II vets were eligible of GI Bill education benefits and VA Mortgage LOans.
My father did terrific on the bill and got two bills from Baylor
My black friends father did nit get the loan for a oong while and then Jim Crow kept him out of white universities and white suburbs,
And now for some perspective Jewel Lockridge, who became one of Baylor University's first black graduates in 1970, said she remembers her grandfather, a Baylor groundskeeper, would have to wear his work uniform to avoid issues when he would take her and her siblings to visit campus on weekends" Why until 1970? Jim Crow was subtlety alive and well
1070 the year I graduated (at small liberal arts college)
Neither I nor my black friend'started in the same place s nor did our fathers start on the same equal footing.
Black in Waco is not easy.
Now maybe my black friend's children got a better break but they still grew up and black walking about can be dangerous in way that we whites do not experience.
No either you see DC or you don't. It will be a great sadness to you to carry your mistaken notion of white privilege. History is your friend.
Read The Sou; of America by Jon Meachum for a great overview of race and presidents. and how each dealt with our original sin
If you see white privilege in my black friend and me and its continue harm to 2020 then I am not sure how to reach your soul.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

And Baylor? "Jewel Lockridge, who became one of Baylor University's first black graduates in 1970, said she remembers her grandfather, a Baylor groundskeeper, would have to wear his work uniform to avoid issues when he would take her and her siblings to visit campus on weekends"
Neither I nor my black friend'started in the same place s nor did our fathers start on the same equal footing.
Now maybe my black friend's children got a better break but they still grew up and black walking about can be dangerous in way that we whites do not experience.
No either you see DC or you don't. It will be a great sadness to you to carry your mistaken notion of white privilege. History is your friend.

You don't seem to understand the implications that of the term "white privilege."
57Bear
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

And Baylor? "Jewel Lockridge, who became one of Baylor University's first black graduates in 1970, said she remembers her grandfather, a Baylor groundskeeper, would have to wear his work uniform to avoid issues when he would take her and her siblings to visit campus on weekends"

You don't seem to understand the implications that of the term "white privilege."
I hope that my mind is that sharp when I am 972 years old (assuming that he graduated at 22)!
Flaming Moderate
Waco1947 said:

Our fathers who were WW II vets were eligible of GI Bill education benefits and VA Mortgage LOans.
My black friends father did nit get the loan for a oong while and then Jim Crow kept him out of white universities and white suburbs,
And now for some perspective Jewel Lockridge, who became one of Baylor University's first black graduates in 1970, said she remembers her grandfather, a Baylor groundskeeper, would have to wear his work uniform to avoid issues when he would take her and her siblings to visit campus on weekends" Why until 1970? Jim Crow was subtlety alive and well
Read The Sou; of America by Jon Meachum for a great overview of race and presidents. and how each dealt with our original sin
If you see white privilege in my black friend and me and its continue harm to 2020 then I am not sure how to reach your soul.
And a bunch of non-white immigrants land here without a shirt on their back or a pot to piss in. They become millionaires by the first or second generation. How do you account for that?
D. C. Bear
Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

And a bunch of non-white immigrants land here without a shirt on their back or a pot to piss in. They become millionaires by the first or second generation. How do you account for that?

Hakeem has soccer goalie quickness and timing to block shots. Once he developed that spinning fade-away jumper, he was pretty much unstoppable. The Rockets were willing to pay.

Seriously, though, a bunch of African Americans raised in poverty in the United States also become millionaires.
whitetrash
D. C. Bear said:

Seriously, though, a bunch of African Americans raised in poverty in the United States also become millionaires.

But they have suffered so mightily at the hands of those privileged children of unemployed coal miners from Harlan County, KY.
Flaming Moderate
D. C. Bear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Hakeem has soccer goalie quickness and timing to block shots. Once he developed that spinning fade-away jumper, he was pretty much unstoppable. The Rockets were willing to pay.

Well that sort of short-circuits the propaganda. What a freaking Debbie Downer.
Canada2017
Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

The Vietnamese ' boat people ' came here by the thousands .

Most didn't even know English .

Did well .
D. C. Bear
Flaming Moderate said:

D. C. Bear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

What propaganda is that?
Flaming Moderate
D. C. Bear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

D. C. Bear said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

What propaganda is that?
If you have a television, turn it on.
Bruin
Canada2017 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Did well .
They do know how to Nguyen...
whitetrash
Bruin said:

Canada2017 said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Waco1947 said:

Did well .
They do know how to Nguyen...
Dat's right.
Waco1947
Drew Breesgets it

"I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused. In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character."
Waco1947
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

Real but you will need to get through your denial It's a tough journey.
Waco1947
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

define them and maybe we'll talk about them...want to see YOUR definitions first
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Flaming Moderate
Waco1947 said:

Drew Breesgets it

"I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused. In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character."
Brees gets cancel culture.
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

Drew Breesgets it

I think he realizes that his timing is bad. Regardless if you agree with him or not, he has a right to have his own opinion and voice them...just like Kap.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Robert Wilson
whitetrash said:

D. C. Bear said:

But they have suffered so mightily at the hands of those privileged children of unemployed coal miners from Harlan County, KY.
Wait, are you telling me identity politics is sloppy? Surely not...
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.