Please accept my apologies for spreading misinformation

2,029 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Florda_mike
midgett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On an earlier thread I accused Trump of saying Trump said Floyd is looking down (from heaven) and applauding the shockingly positive jobs report.

I mistakenly assumed even the MSM wouldn't tell such a bold lie. I just heard the clip. It was a statesman-like quote. Yet, the entire left and some others will forever believe Trump was using Floyd's death for his benefit. The truth is Floyd is a means to the end for the left.

Here is the actual quote: (For you liberals, the entire quote is about equal treatment by law enforcement).

"Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race, color, gender, or creed," Trump said. "They have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement. They have to receive it. We all saw what happened last week. We can't let that happen."

He continued, "Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying, 'This is a great day that's happening for our country.' It's a great day for him. It's a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody. This is a great day in terms of equality. It's really what our Constitution requires and it's what our country is all about."

Limited IQ Redneck in PU

he should have stopped after the first paragraph
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Flaming Moderate
Why?
Canada2017
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

he should have stopped after the first paragraph

Possibly

What about the flagrant misrepresentation by MSM ?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
i missed it. I dont watch msm much. Do you?
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
syme
You know it's BS when the headline parses brief quotes and fills in the rest with imaginary context. They do this ALL THE TIME to Trump.

This is an actual headline from The Independent:
Quote:

Trump says he hopes George Floyd "looking down" and seeing today's job numbers as "a great day for him".

Canada2017

i missed it. I dont watch msm much. Do you?

The OP referenced it .

Is it irrelevant ?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Pres. Trump did put words in a dead mans mouth. I dont think it went over well with a huuuge part of America. The liberal media probably made a big deal out of it and the Fox/Hannity,/Rush crowd probably saw nothing wrong with it. Everybody watches the media they want.
Jack and DP

Pres. Trump did put words in a dead mans mouth. I dont think it went over well with a huuuge part of America. The liberal media probably made a big deal out of it and the Fox/Hannity,/Rush crowd probably saw nothing wrong with it. Everybody watches the media they want.

It didn't go over well because the msm purposely only used part of it. Academia and the media have been taken over by leftest.
4th and Inches

Trump might have put words in Floyds mouth but good gosh, the media is putting words in Trumps mouth and then calling him out for something he didnt say!
Canada2017

People are loathe to alter their pre conceived notions .
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Maybe I dont get it. Pres. Trump said that George , even though he has just been murdered by a policeman, is probably up in heaven and thinking its a great day for America. Why will George all of a sudden think its a great day for America?

I am glad unemployment is not as bad as some said it would be. Its kinda like if you beat the spread in a football game. Im glad the market is up. Is this what makes George look down and smile?

It seems like two unrelated events. Why are they combined?

Is it because of the presidents proclamation:

"Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race, color, gender, or creed," Trump said. "They have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement. They have to receive it. We all saw what happened last week. We can't let that happen."

Is this something new? Do you think George all of a sudden believes it? Is the future now bright because our leader suddenly realizes this and from now on everything will be rosy? Well America, we had some bad cops but thank God we fired them and everything is now rosy.

The statement about the economy is good. IMO he shouldnt have tried to mash Grorge into it. Its not that great of a day. I had two friends in Asia call me and ask how close my house was to Washington DC because they were worried.
midgett
Limited, Trump was referencing the universal agreement that Floyd was murdered. The resulting protests and outcry (& unfortunately, looting) that blacks aren't treated equally by law enforcement, unlike anything we've ever seen before in the USA, means his death, while tragic, should lead to real change.

How many innocent black deaths In the past by law enforcement can make that claim?
Booray
The headlines were misleading. And intentionally so.

It was nowhere near a great day for America and the idea that someone who had just been murdered would think it so is ludicrous.

So we are all right. And we are all wrong.
CHP Bear
Apology accepted.
bularry
Jack and DP said:

It didn't go over well because the msm purposely only used part of it. Academia and the media have been taken over by leftest.

he shouldn't have said it was a great day for a guy killed a few days ago. that isn't hard. that isn't a leftist issue, its a tone deaf administration issue.
Florda_mike
Trump says, "George Floyd should be alive today. Law enforcement must improve ...................... "

" ........................ " Trump expanding on above

"Job numbers show progress" Trump ends

MSM says, "Trump says if cops wouldn't have killed George Floyd then these job numbers dam sure would have!"

Antifa 2.0 anyone?
Florda_mike
bularry said:

Jack and DP said:

he shouldn't have said it was a great day for a guy killed a few days ago. that isn't hard. that isn't a leftist issue, its a tone deaf administration issue.

What if George Floyd is in heaven? Wouldn't that be a great day for him?
riflebear

He did not - he said "hopefully" that is what he's doing. People say that all the time at funerals or memorials or about people who have just passed.

Good job OP. The media (most of it) is the worst part of America and has been for the last few decades. I'm not sure they can get much worse.
bularry
riflebear said:

He did not - he said "hopefully" that is what he's doing. People say that all the time at funerals or memorials or about people who have just passed.

Good job OP. The media (most of it) is the worst part of America and has been for the last few decades. I'm not sure they can get much worse.

The media is not some bogey man. Why does it scare you right wing nationalists so bad?
bularry
Florda_mike said:

bularry said:

Jack and DP said:

That isn't normally how we ascribe violent deaths
riflebear
bularry said:

riflebear said:

The media is not some bogey man. Why does it scare you right wing nationalists so bad?

I'm not a right wing nationalist. Nice try

The media is not the bogeyman because he hides in the dark and you don't know where he is. The media doesn't hide its bias anymore.

There have been 1000+ examples of their lies corruption and conspiracy theories just on this site and you ask why are we concerned with the media? SMH
Florda_mike
bularry said:

riflebear said:

Y'all flag this ass hat please

I just did
Florda_mike
bularry said:

Florda_mike said:

bularry said:

Jack and DP said:

That isn't normally how we ascribe violent deaths

Just answer my question

Come on, you can do it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.