Dollar Shave Club Joins Cancel Culture

6,858 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Canada2017
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody a member of DSC? If so, did you get the email from their CEO in which he said they were (among other things) reviewing the policies of their suppliers, vendors and advertisers to make sure that they are not on the "wrong side" of the systemic racism issue? He proclaims that there "is no distinction" between racist action and unconscious thought.

Well, Michael Dubin, I have a thought that you might consider. You are cancelled.
nein51
I got an email from a rental car place talking about their stance. I immediately thought, you don't get a stance, you rent ****ing cars, your stance is "which size car would you like?"

I swear some PR firm is out there charging 1k per form email making a killing.
FWBear
They're all doing it. Most don't care. It's all a PR move and effort to avoid the anger of the leftist mob.
“When they are wrong, what makes them wrong is that they lead to violations of the duties I have described in earlier chapters.”
– Jason Brennan
Jack Bauer
Just remember a company's favorite color is always green. They would march for the Easter Bunny if society told them to. If anyone really believes this is genuine, I've got some beachfront property in Iowa for sale.
ValhallaBear
Right so when all these kids were warned that prospective employers will be scrubbing their social media for pics and posts of drinking, acting like an idiot, etc

Now, prospective employers will be checking your social media history to see if you were/are adequately repentant about your white privilege, what you have done financially and socially for minorities, and how outraged you were at George Floyd's killing
ATL Bear
This tide has been building for years. I still think back to the Mozilla CEO who was fired/forced to resign after social media created a movement after they discovered he gave to an anti-gay marriage group many years prior. So point being, just wait until they dig up any comments on the Michael Brown situation, etc. from the past.
bularry
Malbec said:

Anybody a member of DSC? If so, did you get the email from their CEO in which he said they were (among other things) reviewing the policies of their suppliers, vendors and advertisers to make sure that they are not on the "wrong side" of the systemic racism issue? He proclaims that there "is no distinction" between racist action and unconscious thought.

Well, Michael Dubin, I have a thought that you might consider. You are cancelled.

you clearly think the status quo is awesome, and you have voted with your $'s, so good for you. I'm sure you can find a different service provider. Probably one out there run by former Green Berets and endorsed by S. Hannity that could use your business.

bularry
FWBear said:

They're all doing it. Most don't care. It's all a PR move and effort to avoid the anger of the leftist mob.
I'm sure some are doing it purely to avoid negative backlash. I think there are many interested in making America better and feel that making an extra effort in some areas will achieve that goal.

I'm as cynical as they come, in general, but I don't see any purpose to being that way in this scenario.
Malbec
bularry said:

Malbec said:

you clearly think the status quo is awesome, and you have voted with your $'s, so good for you. I'm sure you can find a different service provider. Probably one out there run by former Green Berets and endorsed by S. Hannity that could use your business.

Good. I'll put you down against THE police and for the Thought Police. You clearly are a professional thought translator.
Guy Noir
Getting every organization to send an apology will not fix the problem.

I have not been a fan of the Dallas Police Chief but she has done a great job in this time.
The Chief publicly affirmed peoples right to protest, but declared that right ends when people begin to break the law and be destructive. The Dallas Police also announced today that Officers are encouraged to question other officers when behaviors are in questions. The other policy change was to ban chokeholds

Since the Civil Rights Act in 1964 there has been progress in getting people of color in leadership positions of a community. The community leaders of all colors need to add policy changes to their organizations to effect lasting changes in our society. Emotional based apologies will not bring about the structural changes that are needed.
Jack Bauer
bularry said:

FWBear said:

I'm sure some are doing it purely to avoid negative backlash. I think there are many interested in making America better and feel that making an extra effort in some areas will achieve that goal.

I'm as cynical as they come, in general, but I don't see any purpose to being that way in this scenario.
The only purpose corporations are having right now is how to put a rainbow and a BLM logo into their avatar at the same time.

Jack Bauer
ValhallaBear said:

Right so when all these kids were warned that prospective employers will be scrubbing their social media for pics and posts of drinking, acting like an idiot, etc

Now, prospective employers will be checking your social media history to see if you were/are adequately repentant about your white privilege, what you have done financially and socially for minorities, and how outraged you were at George Floyd's killing
I looked at your social media history in the SJW database and did not see you post any pics from any gay pride parade or BLM marches. Why are you a racist/homophobe? Please attend sensitivity training at 8AM on Monday if you want to stay employed.
Whiskey Pete
Is this where I come to apologize for not being a member of the DSC, as a white person?
Malbec
HashTag said:

Is this where I come to apologize for not being a member of the DSC, as a white person?
Try this. These are the hairstyles for which DSC sells hair products:

Dollar Shave Club - Pick Your Hairstyle

Click the box that says "I don't use anything"

Pretty woke huh?
Dungeon Athletics
https://instagr.am/p/CBCFLwUo4jn
Canada2017
It's all absolutely bizarre.

ATL Bear
Dungeon Athletics said:

https://instagr.am/p/CBCFLwUo4jn
That is hilarious!
Jack Bauer
I won't be able to sleep until I know what Pizza Hut's stand is on BLM.
riflebear
I don't know your bedtime routine but don't forget about the company who made your pillow, bed sheets, toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet, and pajamas.
riflebear
There was an African American VP from I believe Morgan Stanley last night on FoxBusiness last and they were giving her an entire segment to recommend what to do for other companies when it comes to hiring diverse talent to leadership positions.

She said companies used to only have to answer to shareholders employees and customers. There is now a 4th pillar - culture on social media. She basically said you had to hire diversity to your company to answer to them because social media will shame your company into bankruptcy if you don't show you are sensitive and care and have minorities on your board or in high level leadership etc.

Bruin
FWBear said:

Protection $
Bruin
Malbec said:

Hmm, I wonder if Harry's will sell out.
George Truett
Malbec said:

Wow. DSC just raised my estimation!

I just subscribed!

Thanks for letting me know about this!

I'll pass it on to others!
bularry
Malbec said:

bularry said:

Malbec said:

Good. I'll put you down against THE police and for the Thought Police. You clearly are a professional thought translator.

Did I misinterpret your post? You didn't like their stance and cancelled their service. Right?
Malbec
bularry said:

Malbec said:

bularry said:

Malbec said:

Did I misinterpret your post? You didn't like their stance and cancelled their service. Right?
You missed the most important points, and then got snide about it. Take a look at these two snippets from these two "woke" companies and tell me if you think they were independently written.

From Macy's CEO, Jeff Gennette:
...The death of George Floyd is sadly just one more incident of racial injustice, including those against Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor , along with countless others.

Lay down tribal attitudes and think, really think about what is going on here. Maybe take a couple of minutes and read Professor Loury's letter that was linked from this forum. Ask yourself, based on your own life experience, if there is one default reason for everything bad that has ever happened to you in your life. Is every accomplishment you have ever made been the result of one single default factor?
Flaming Moderate
This is the 21st Century equivalent of a shakedown hustle. Companies basically having to pay protection racket to the mob.
Jack Bauer
Only pc pinheads like George Truett eat this **** up. A company will give any knee jerk reaction to avoid the Twitter outrage mob that could lose business.

Last month corporations were slobbering over healthcare workers because they were told to. Now its BLM and in a few months it will be something else.
GhettoHEBear
Jack Bauer said:

I won't be able to sleep until I know what Pizza Hut's stand is on BLM.
It's cheesy and half-baked
Baylor Mafioso
Doc Holliday
nein51 said:

I got an email from a rental car place talking about their stance. I immediately thought, you don't get a stance, you rent ****ing cars, your stance is "which size car would you like?"

I swear some PR firm is out there charging 1k per form email making a killing.
And people still underestimate the power of the mob or group ideology.

PR firms bending the knee to radical cancel culture out of submission over money itself.
Canada2017
Jack Bauer said:

Only pc pinheads like George Truett eat this **** up. A company will give any knee jerk reaction to avoid the Twitter outrage mob that could lose business.

Last month corporations were slobbering over healthcare workers because they were told to. Now its BLM and in a few months it will be something else.

Much of this 'outage' has been carefully orchestrated toward political objectives . The culmination of which will be the installation of a 78 year old straw man into power.

Who within 18 months will relinquish power ( due to health reasons ) to his far more radical Vice President .

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.