So who out there is fired up to vote FOR Biden?

18,813 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
Johnny Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fubar said:

Johnny Bear said:

Booray said:

For 6 election cycles

Bush v. Clinton
Clinton v. Dole
Bush v Gore
Bush v Kerry
Obama v McCain
Obama v Romney

I had my preference but was confident that wither candidate was up to the task.

The three cycles before that

Bush v. Dukakis
Reagan v. Mondale
Reagan v Carter

I was confident that the winner was up to the task

The one cycle before that

Carter v Ford

I was confident that either could do the job, but I turned out to be wrong about that.

In the last election

Trump v Clinton

I was confident that the loser could do the job, bu voted against her in protest anyway.

This year in

Trump v Biden

for the first time in my voting life, I am not sure that either candidate is up to the job.

e, but c.

You could've just posted I've got no positive reasons to vote for Joe, but thanks anyway for the boring dissertation.
You start the thread with a stupid rant and then respond this way to somebody who takes the time to answer?

I'm voting for Joe Biden, and I don't give a **** what you think of my reasons.

As I responded, he took the time to say he had no positive reasons to vote for Biden which he subsequently confirmed. Obviously you don't have any either or you would've stated them.

Still waiting for any substantive reasons to vote for Biden besides the I hate Trump schtick.
Johnny Bear
Waco1947 said:

I'm fired up

Why specifically - again beside the fact that you are a person consumed with hate for Trump and for that matter his supporters in general(?)
cinque
The_barBEARian said:

cinque said:

I'm very excited:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1275496343872712705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fpolitics%2Fbiden-taking-aim-at-trump-over-health-care-amid-coronavirus-pandemic
I love how his black antifa looking face mask is completely crooked in his twitter avatar... I'm starting the question if he is really this senile or this is all one giant joke...

His health care speech in PA got rave reviews today. Makes sense, especially when you compare it to Trump's plan.
Flaming Moderate
Regard

People really favor a racist, sexist, demented idiot over Trump because he hurts their feelings on Twitter. Trump's a jack ass but hard to argue with his record.
PartyBear
Pandemic, economic collapse and racial strife....yep hard to argue with that record.
cinque
Flaming Moderate said:

Regard

People really favor a racist, sexist, demented idiot over Trump because he hurts their feelings on Twitter. Trump's a jack ass but hard to argue with his record.

Actually, it's very easy.
The_barBEARian
Flaming Moderate said:

Regard

The Trump/Biden debates will go down as some of the greatest television the world has ever seen....
riflebear
PartyBear said:

Pandemic, economic collapse and racial strife....yep hard to argue with that record.

1. Pandemic - China
2. Economic Collapse - China
3. Racial Strife - 1 stupid cop + media + Dems + Marxist leaders + Antifa

While Trump and his Admin have been trying to fix all 3 he's been met with nothing but headwinds and partisan BS from the media and Dems. And they don't want any of the 3 to end before November as they fan the flames of chaos and then try to blame it on Trump.
cinque
By all means, let's discuss Biden's incoherency:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1276341601632206848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1276341601632206848&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surlyhorns.com%2Fboard%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fddale8%2Fstatus%2F1276341601632206848%3Fs%3D21
Osodecentx
PartyBear said:

Y'all are just clueless as to where the country is and it's mood and the shape it is in. Biden's main selling point is he is not Trump and as of now that appears to be enough for even significant coat tails.
Same appeal Trump had 4 years ago; he wasn't hillary.

I think it will work
JXL
Here's an article from far-left publication Counterpunch ripping Biden:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/03/23/joe-biden-survival-of-the-unfittest/#gsc.tab=0
Midnight Rider
I'm voting against Trump. If that means getting a blister on my nose by putting a clothes pin on it while I vote for Biden, so be it. My nose has survived a lot of clothes pins.
George Truett
I'm fired up voting for Biden because he has the best chance of beating Trump from the field we had.

He also represents the middle lane of the party, which I identify with.

He also has a heart and a soul.

Unlike Trump.
George Truett
cinque said:

By all means, let's discuss Biden's incoherency:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1276341601632206848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1276341601632206848&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surlyhorns.com%2Fboard%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fddale8%2Fstatus%2F1276341601632206848%3Fs%3D21
Yep.

And last night, Trump said that without testing, there would be no cases of COVID.

In his rally, he also mused wondering what the "19" meant.
George Truett
riflebear said:

PartyBear said:

1. Pandemic - China

While Trump and his Admin have been trying to fix all 3 he's been met with nothing but headwinds and partisan BS from the media and Dems. And they don't want any of the 3 to end before November as they fan the flames of chaos and then try to blame it on Trump.
So you're saying Trump is helpless before China and Antifa.

How does that inspire confidence?
Johnny Bear
Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Y'all are just clueless as to where the country is and it's mood and the shape it is in. Biden's main selling point is he is not Trump and as of now that appears to be enough for even significant coat tails.
Same appeal Trump had 4 years ago; he wasn't hillary.

I think it will work

Nowhere close to the same. Sure, Hillary being Hillary helped, but Trump consistently articulated definitive, positive action points he promised to implement if elected like:

-Deal with illegal immigration including building a wall which is happening.

-Deal with trade by negotiating better trade deals which has been happening.

-Unchain the economy by eliminating job killing regulations and passing tax cuts, all of which has happened, creating the best economy in over 50 years (pre-Covid which as Rifle pointed out came from China). Historically low unemployment numbers for all demographics, especially including the black and Hispanic communities.

-Rebuild the military that the modern dimcrat party always weakens which has happened.

-Repeal the abortion known as Obamacare. OK, thanks to John McCain that one didn't fully happen (yet), although the unpopular individual mandate did get eliminated.

Plus there have been other tremendous accomplishments like prison reform, veterans choice, establishment of the Space Force, and significant aid to historically black colleges. In fact, the Trump/Pence Administration has done more actually uplifting things to positively impact and help minority communities in 3 years (especially the black community) than Obama/Biden even contemplated doing in 8 years.

Bottom line is unlike the 2020 Biden campaign there was clearly a positive action packed problem solving agenda being proposed in 2016 by the Trump campaign for anyone that wanted to listen. The point of the OP was to challenge anybody who is going to vote for Biden to similarly provide a list of positive reasons for doing so beyond the I hate Trump reasons. As expected, nobody has because such a list doesn't exist. Trump did way more than just say "I'm not Hillary" the first time and he's running on his record this time around which was fantastic pre-Covid and can and will be even better post Covid if the country doesn't do something stupid on November 4th by electing dementia Joe and his Bolshevik supporters.
riflebear
George Truett said:

riflebear said:

PartyBear said:

1. Pandemic - China

So you're saying Trump is helpless before China and Antifa.

How does that inspire confidence?
What? Is this sarcasm?

The FBI said yesterday they have over 2000 active investigations against the Chinese govt. No, he's not helpless you know he's much tougher on China than Biden/Obama ever were.

Antifa? Really? No - he's threatened many times to go after them if state & local govts wouldn't. It's your Democrat leaders that are helpless and giving in to their demands - see Seattle. The DOJ said there have been 100s of arrests of rioters going after statues, etc.

blackie
Trump just scares me to be in such a position of power, which he thinks is unlimited for him. His ego simply overrides any common sense or sound judgement. You don't have to have Trump to accomplish some of the things you would like see done. Unfortunately the Reps tied their wagon to someone that just doesn't have the mindset that we should have in the Oval Office, and are too terrified to buck him when they know he is wrong on an issue. He ignores reality when he doesn't like it. He ignores the plight of people if it doesn't affect him personally. His lack of leadership in this pandemic has been abysmal.....and ironically it is going to cost him his political career because of it. You cannot run a country like you run a business. He doesn't understand foreign affairs and that you can't just try to bully your way in negotiations with other countries that have far different values and objectives than the US.

I do believe that Biden's advisors will be there to guide us through an issue if Biden isn't up to the task. I have ZERO confidence that to be the case with Trump. He either ignores experienced advice or fires the advisor before they have time to convince him he is wrong. He has surrounded himself with either "yes" men or empty suits that have no spine or in many cases lack any experience in the field they are suppose to be heading.

So, no, I don't have anything I am excited about for Biden other than I believe we will have a coordinated staff running the country verses the whims of a single person whose consistency on issues is non-existent. I do believe we will have a better chance under Biden of not further dividing the country to the extreme because of more reasonable stances toward humanitarian issues. While I agree with many of the conservative leaning positions favored by moderate conservatives, I just don't think this country can take four more years of Trump.
Johnny Bear
blackie said:

So, no, I don't have anything I am excited about for Biden
Just wanted to summarize the main point of your post. And you're not alone as millions that will be voting for Biden feel the same way which ought to tell you and the country in general a lot.
BaylorOkie
blackie said:

So, no, I don't have anything I am excited about for Biden other than I believe we will have a coordinated staff running the country verses the whims of a single person whose consistency on issues is non-existent. I do believe we will have a better chance under Biden of not further dividing the country to the extreme because of more reasonable stances toward humanitarian issues. While I agree with many of the conservative leaning positions favored by moderate conservatives, I just don't think this country can take four more years of Trump.

I would feel much better if I could have any sort of confidence that the people within a Biden White House would be moderate. But I think the pressure to submit to the extreme progressive agenda will be too great. And Biden will be too weak to stop it.
Doc Holliday
BaylorOkie said:

blackie said:

I would feel much better if I could have any sort of confidence that the people within a Biden White House would be moderate. But I think the pressure to submit to the extreme progressive agenda will be too great. And Biden will be too weak to stop it.
He has handlers and it will be a tidal wave of radical leftism in all aspects of our lives. Guaranteed.
Whiskey Pete
blackie said:

I just don't think this country can take four more years of Trump.
I just don't think the country can take four more years of the democrats and their scorched earth policy of trying to force Trump out of office.
ScruffyD
I am voting for Biden because he has good experience. I believe he will put people in positions to make good decisions, and he will listen to them. I believe he is a decent man. No one is perfect, but I do believe he is a decent person. I do not think a second term is possible with him and that is fine with me. My hope is his VP can take the reins or another person comes along to continue what progress he has made.

He is an old hand, has wisdom, experience, and I do believe he will make some attempts at uniting our country.

There are plenty of folks from the opposing side who have said plenty of good things about him. No point in getting into why that is different today.
TexasScientist
Johnny Bear said:

Hey, just wanted to pause for a moment and thank all of you future Biden voters for overwhelming this thread with so many POSITIVE, motivational reasons to vote FOR dementia Joe thus far. I had no idea.
I'm not voting for Biden, but you should consider that Biden's cognitive and mental acuity skills far exceed Trump's.
Johnny Bear
TexasScientist said:

Johnny Bear said:

Hey, just wanted to pause for a moment and thank all of you future Biden voters for overwhelming this thread with so many POSITIVE, motivational reasons to vote FOR dementia Joe thus far. I had no idea.
I'm not voting for Biden, but you should consider that Biden's cognitive and mental acuity skills far exceed Trump's.

That post is as laughably dumb and as wrong as anything you've ever posted, even including all the posts denying the existence of a Divine Creator. As a "scientist" what is your area of specialization - the study of stupidology maybe?
Jack and DP
PartyBear
BaylorOkie said:

blackie said:

Biden is a moderate. This is why Obama named him his running mate in the first place to bring balance to that ticket as Obama was from the more progressive wing. In fact you have the sicem365 right who think they are undermining him here by bringing up how conservative he is every once in a while But again it is all relative. You folks (not you specifically Okie, I' talking to the general crowd) think centrists are leftist anyway.
Forest Bueller_bf
Booray said:

For 6 election cycles

Bush v. Clinton
Clinton v. Dole
Bush v Gore
Bush v Kerry
Obama v McCain
Obama v Romney

I had my preference but was confident that wither candidate was up to the task.

The three cycles before that

Bush v. Dukakis
Reagan v. Mondale
Reagan v Carter

I was confident that the winner was up to the task

The one cycle before that

Carter v Ford

I was confident that either could do the job, but I turned out to be wrong about that.

In the last election

Trump v Clinton

I was confident that the loser could do the job, bu voted against her in protest anyway.

This year in

Trump v Biden

for the first time in my voting life, I am not sure that either candidate is up to the job.

Yep, pretty much on all of the above.
J.R.
Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Trump v Biden

Yep
accurate
Whiskey Pete
ScruffyD said:

I am voting for Biden because he has good experience.
Well, he certainly has experience, don't think I would classify it as "good".
PartyBear
We know Trump isnt up to the job. So saying anything else is just whataboutism projections as an excuse for being a Trumper but tryiing to make people think you arent really.
Oldbear83
From the June 23 Economist/YouGov Poll

Q59A How do you feel about Joe Biden?

Democrats: "34% Enthusiastic, 41% Satisfied but not enthusiastic" 75% support

Q59B How do you feel about Donald Trump

Republicans "63% Enthusiastic, 22% Satisfied but not enthusiastic" 85% support

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
The_barBEARian
PartyBear said:

BaylorOkie said:

blackie said:

Biden is a moderate. This is why Obama named him his running mate in the first place to bring balance to that ticket as Obama was from the more progressive wing. In fact you have the sicem365 right who think they are undermining him here by bringing up how conservative he is every once in a while But again it is all relative. You folks (not you specifically Okie, I' talking to the general crowd) think centrists are leftist anyway.

Biden is completely senile now. But even when he still had some higher level brain functioning left he was an empty suit... a liar... a con artist... a scum bag... the funny thing about you establishment folks is that you say those same things about Trump. But Trump couldnt lie even if he wanted to... he'd be on twitter the next morning sharing with the world his inner thoughts. You might not like/respect his views.... but at least you know how he rly feels. He isnt a POLITICIAN.... that is why he got elected in the first place and that is why the democrat establishment and media has pushed the self-destruct button for the entire country.... they cannot control him!

If you like traditional politics and being f***** over by politicians who sell you a nice fantasy, but once elected will sell you and the generations after you to the globalists... then vote for Biden. Globalism is a cancer that is destroying the middle class in this country and has been supported by the establishment of both parties... Trump is the first anti-globalism and pro-isolationism president we have had in a 100 yrs. I remember how miserable those 8 yrs under Obama were and how awful the economy was. It was partly dimwit Bush jr's fault.... and partly Obama's they were both servants to a globalist agenda. I am unabashedly America first... and if you dont feel the same way then please move to Brazil or Russia or China ... or any other 2nd world country before you make the US a 2nd world country also
Waco1947
Johnny Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I'm fired up

Why specifically - again beside the fact that you are a person consumed with hate for Trump and for that matter his supporters in general(?)

No damn policy. Can he beat The President is the only criteria? Biden meets that criteria.
The President is a racist buffoon
Forest Bueller_bf
There is always the possibility Trump "could" pull an LBJ.

There are several Republican I would enjoy seeing in a debate with Biden.

Haley, Rubio, and Scott would obliterate him in a debate.

Pence is ok, a little stiff for my liking, but competent, would also dominate a debate.

Right now we have the worst two choices ever. Both too old, one pure narcissist, one bordering on senility. I wouldn't vote for either for a school board, much less president.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.