So who out there is fired up to vote FOR Biden?

19,186 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
Johnny Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quash continues to prove his progressive credentials, even as he continues to claim to be libertarian.
It's continually amusing to me how many liberals try to bend over backwards to not just admit what they are by claiming to be moderates or libertarians or independents, etc. Whether it's embarrassment, or a desire to not be seen as an "extremist", etc., so many of them continually find the need to either try to hide or lie about what it is they really are politically. When do you ever see conservatives doing this?

And quash is about as much of a libertarian as I am a heavy metal rock star.

Aw, did you fall for it, too?

Well guess what, you have the rare opportunity to do what no else has: prove it.

Not holding my breath, as you have never demonstrated that you have even a passing familiarity with libertarianism.
Yes, jackass, I know very well what a true libertarian believes which includes a belief that the government should strictly do what the Constitution prescribes and nothing more (i.e. the belief that government powers and involvement in people's personal lives should be limited to the fullest extent possible, etc.). Also includes isolationist type beliefs regarding foreign interventionism, etc. In other words, there is no way a true libertarian could support politicians like Obama or Biden who have routinely violated all of this type of ideology throughout their careers. By comparison Trump (whom you obviously hate) while also not a libertarian is at least far closer to libertarian ideology than either of those two, and it's obvious.

So yes, I have more than a "passing familiarity" with libertarianism. I also have more than a "passing familiarity" with liberals that routinely try to disguise themselves - which includes you.
Username checks out
To the OP question, I am getting more fired up to vote for Biden as we approach the election and the conflagration of Trump's America grows ever hotter. The best way to heal our country is to embarrass Trump's fragile, narcissistic ego with an electoral landslide loss. He won't be able to be Mondaled/McGoverned due to the polarization of our country, but he could get Dukakised.
Whiskey Pete
Username checks out said:

To the OP question, I am getting more fired up to vote for Biden as we approach the election and the conflagration of Trump's America grows ever hotter. The best way to heal our country is to embarrass Trump's fragile, narcissistic ego with an electoral landslide loss. He won't be able to be Mondaled/McGoverned due to the polarization of our country, but he could get Dukakised.
well, that's one person that's fired up for him. Can he can get a number #2? Yeah maybe so...

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if biden can get as many as 27 people fired up to vote for him.
Username checks out
HashTag said:

well, that's one person that's fired up for him. Can he can get a number #2? Yeah maybe so...

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if biden can get as many as 27 people fired up to vote for him.

I would be too, but if fired up voters are what counts, we'd have had a President Goldwater.
quash
Johnny Bear said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quash continues to prove his progressive credentials, even as he continues to claim to be libertarian.
It's continually amusing to me how many liberals try to bend over backwards to not just admit what they are by claiming to be moderates or libertarians or independents, etc. Whether it's embarrassment, or a desire to not be seen as an "extremist", etc., so many of them continually find the need to either try to hide or lie about what it is they really are politically. When do you ever see conservatives doing this?

Well guess what, you have the rare opportunity to do what no else has: prove it.

Not holding my breath, as you have never demonstrated that you have even a passing familiarity with libertarianism.
Yes, jackass, I know very well what a true libertarian believes which includes a belief that the government should strictly do what the Constitution prescribes and nothing more (i.e. the belief that government powers and involvement in people's personal lives should be limited to the fullest extent possible, etc.). Also includes isolationist type beliefs regarding foreign interventionism, etc. In other words, there is no way a true libertarian could support politicians like Obama or Biden who have routinely violated all of this type of ideology throughout their careers. By comparison Trump (whom you obviously hate) while also not a libertarian is at least far closer to libertarian ideology than either of those two, and it's obvious.

So yes, I have more than a "passing familiarity" with libertarianism. I also have more than a "passing familiarity" with liberals that routinely try to disguise themselves - which includes you.
You get a C-.

Libertarians are not isolationist, far from it. We believe in free trade ("Where goods cannot cross borders armies soon will.") and international cooperation; we do not believe in policing the world. The constitution does not prescribe govt power, it is the expressed limitations of govt power. I do not support Biden and Obama; I thought Obama would be different (specifically on foreign policy) but had buyer's remorse about ten months in. Much like the Nobel committee, I'm sure.

Where people get confused is in thinking that libertarianism is about personal freedom for themselves. We believe in celebrating everyone's liberties, even if they choose to exercise that freedom in ways we do not agree with. By defending the freedom of people I do not agree with I get labelled a liberal by the narrow-minded binary types.

As to Trump being a libertarian, in any small way, see my post from March 2018. I don't hate Trump, he is too charming for that. But I do oppose most of his policy decisions.

You should check out Dr. Jorgensen's campaign and try to raise that grade.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
JusHappy2BeHere
I'm excited to vote for Joe... he's exactly what America needs right now... it's why he has a 14 point lead...
I just wish the election was today
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Canada2017
JusHappy2BeHere said:

I'm excited to vote for Joe... he's exactly what America needs right now... it's why he has a 14 point lead...

Please tell me how the Green Plan, tax increases and providing free health care for illegals ( with the resulting flood into our southern border ) is what America needs .

No slam here ...serious questions .

Hopefully you will provide serious ,specific answers .
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

You get a C-.

Libertarians are not isolationist, far from it. We believe in free trade ("Where goods cannot cross borders armies soon will.") and international cooperation; we do not believe in policing the world. The constitution does not prescribe govt power, it is the expressed limitations of govt power. I do not support Biden and Obama; I thought Obama would be different (specifically on foreign policy) but had buyer's remorse about ten months in. Much like the Nobel committee, I'm sure.

Where people get confused is in thinking that libertarianism is about personal freedom for themselves. We believe in celebrating everyone's liberties, even if they choose to exercise that freedom in ways we do not agree with. By defending the freedom of people I do not agree with I get labelled a liberal by the narrow-minded binary types.

As to Trump being a libertarian, in any small way, see my post from March 2018. I don't hate Trump, he is too charming for that. But I do oppose most of his policy decisions.

As a Libertarian, then you most certainly disagree with any govt (local or state or federal) mandate to force private businesses to require masks, right?

So, as a staunch Libertarian such as yourself, where do you stand on these statements?

1) I hate abortion, but it's a woman's right to choose
2) We should stop publicly funding planned parenthood
3) Restaurants should be allowed to permit smoking in their establishments if they so choose
4) A private business should have the right to fire someone for being gay, if they want
5) A private business should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason they wish
6) Obamacare should disappear. The personal mandate that made Obamacare possible should've been declared unconstitutional and personal healthcare should NOT be the hands of the govt
7) Hate crime legislation should cease to exist and anti-discrimination laws should go away
8) Sex-for-money should be legal
9) It should be legal for the new club down the street to allow only white people
10) Not only should minimum wage stop rising, it should go away completely
11) Trump's moves to cut red tape and regulation is a move in the right direction
12) Trump's tax cuts is a start but we need more
Florda_mike
HashTag said:

Biden did have 7 of the 12 chairs filled at his last rally ya know!?
JusHappy2BeHere
Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Please tell me how the Green Plan, tax increases and providing free health care for illegals ( with the resulting flood into our southern border ) is what America needs .

Green New Deal isn't Biden its AOC. I realize that you prefer to run against her, but she represents 1/435 of 1/2 of 1/3 of the Federal Government...
We desperately need tax increases... every serious economist agrees.. it's time you millionaires paid your fair share.
You already pay fur the healthcare of undocumented via the ER at the County Hospital... their healthcare won't change... what will change is the healthcare for the 20-30 million Americans who still can't get it. A public option will also drive down prices for private insurance.

But that's not the main reason I'm voting for Joe and encouraging everyone else to do the same
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Florda_mike
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Green New Deal isn't Biden its AOC. I realize that you prefer to run against her, but she represents 1/435 of 1/2 of 1/3 of the Federal Government...
We desperately need tax increases... every serious economist agrees.. it's time you millionaires paid your fair share.
You already pay fur the healthcare of undocumented via the ER at the County Hospital... their healthcare won't change... what will change is the healthcare for the 20-30 million Americans who still can't get it. A public option will also drive down prices for private insurance.

But that's not the main reason I'm voting for Joe and encouraging everyone else to do the same

^^^ God made all kinds

Even the lame of brain
Canada2017
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Please tell me ....what is YOUR 'fair share ' ?

I already pay over $ 200,000 a year in various taxes .

What do you pay ?

And please tell me if it is less than $ 200,000 ...why do YOU get to determine that I should pay even more ?

Seriously ...exactly how do you anoint yourself with such power if you don't pay as much to begin with ?

Biden has openly said he supports the Green Plan . How is attacking the energy industry going to help the country ?

Last question ....do you seriously not believe that 'free' medical care for illegals won't spur an unprecedented number of people to come up here from central and South America ?

An entire 'cottage industry ' of transporting hundreds of thousands of people will quickly be established . Do you believe Central Americans are incapable of establishing such a network ?
quash
HashTag said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

You get a C-.

As a Libertarian, then you most certainly disagree with any govt (local or state or federal) mandate to force private businesses to require masks, right?

So, as a staunch Libertarian such as yourself, where do you stand on these statements?

3) Restaurants should be allowed to permit smoking in their establishments if they so choose
4) A private business should have the right to fire someone for being gay, if they want
5) A private business should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason they wish
6) Obamacare should disappear. The personal mandate that made Obamacare possible should've been declared unconstitutional and personal healthcare should NOT be the hands of the govt
7) Hate crime legislation should cease to exist and anti-discrimination laws should go away
9) It should be legal for the new club down the street to allow only white people
11) Trump's moves to cut red tape and regulation is a move in the right direction
Correct.
1. Yes.
2. And PBS etc.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. I've said as much on here about a dozen times...
6.Repeal. Do not replace. Probably said that two or three dozen times.
7. Hate crime laws are Thought Police.
8. Among consenting adults, yes.
9. See #5
10. Said that plenty.
11. I have said that, too. Once within the last week.
12. Reform. No more of this around the edges cutting. No loopholes, no deductions, tax for revenue, not for policy. When you take away the goodies the lobbyists will go away with them. See my signature line.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
TWD 1974
Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

What do you pay ?

And please tell me if it is less than $ 200,000 ...why do YOU get to determine that I should pay even more ? I don't. US Congress does. If you have a problem with the tax code, you can focus on voting out who you don't want...otherwise there are other countries you can live in, though the Countries with a lower tax rate than US may require you to bring your own army. Also, how much would you have paid in taxes in the 1990's? I would be extremely surprised if rates increase to that level.

Seriously ...exactly how do you anoint yourself with such power if you don't pay as much to begin with ? Again they're called political views, and stop trying to income shame everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Biden has openly said he supports the Green Plan . How is attacking the energy industry going to help the country ? I expect policies similar to Obama here. If it is more than that Democrats will be out of power in 4 years.
Last question ....do you seriously not believe that 'free' medical care for illegals won't spur an unprecedented number of people to come up here from central and South America ?
I would prefer undocumented who are here and working to pay into the system, rather than show up at the Emergency Room of City Hospitals when the kid is close to death. Hospitals are going to treat them anyway--without payment--which is why 1 in 3 major City Hospitals could be bankrupt and closed within a year.

An entire 'cottage industry ' of transporting hundreds of thousands of people will quickly be established . Do you believe Central Americans are incapable of establishing such a network ?
I think a rational approach would be to work with Central American Countries, helping them get rid of the gang and drug problems. Biden is definitely not an open door guy. He'll enforce the border as much as Obama which was more than W, in fact! What he won't do, is pay for a Fence (it ain't a wall) that costs us $30mm a mile.
Canada2017
TWD 74 said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

What do you pay ?

And please tell me if it is less than $ 200,000 ...why do YOU get to determine that I should pay even more ? I don't. US Congress does. If you have a problem with the tax code, you can focus on voting out who you don't want...otherwise there are other countries you can live in, though the Countries with a lower tax rate than US may require you to bring your own army. Also, how much would you have paid in taxes in the 1990's? I would be extremely surprised if rates increase to that level.

Seriously ...exactly how do you anoint yourself with such power if you don't pay as much to begin with ? Again they're called political views, and stop trying to income shame everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Biden has openly said he supports the Green Plan . How is attacking the energy industry going to help the country ? I expect policies similar to Obama here. If it is more than that Democrats will be out of power in 4 years.
I would prefer undocumented who are here and working to pay into the system, rather than show up at the Emergency Room of City Hospitals when the kid is close to death. Hospitals are going to treat them anyway--without payment--which is why 1 in 3 major City Hospitals could be bankrupt and closed within a year.

I think a rational approach would be to work with Central American Countries, helping them get rid of the gang and drug problems. Biden is definitely not an open door guy. He'll enforce the border as much as Obama which was more than W, in fact! What he won't do, is pay for a Fence (it ain't a wall) that costs us $30mm a mile.

Who is TWD 74 ?

Why are you answering for ' just happy ' ?
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

TWD 74 said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

What do you pay ?

Who is TWD 74 ?

Inquiring minds want to know
Canada2017
Just Happy....you going to respond ?
JusHappy2BeHere
Sorry, but my kids are in town and we were having family dinner... that doesn't happen all that often these days so they rank ahead of sic em.
As does my daughter's wedding on Friday.

You pay the most because you have the most... taking the most from those that have the least would be stupid. You are paying the smallest percentage in almost a century yet you still cry... top 1% paid way more in the 50s but guess what? They were still rich.

Biden will never implement the Green New Deal.

We pay for undocumented healthcare already... i just want to pay less, and I want the 20-30 million living without insurance to have a valid option.

Mahatma Gandhi
Oldbear83
Those who hate the successful, seek any excuse to destroy them.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
JusHappy2BeHere
Interesting that you think only millionaires and billionaires are successful...

And you are stating as fact things not in evidence

Mahatma Gandhi
Oldbear83
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Interesting that you think only millionaires and billionaires are successful...

And you are stating as fact things not in evidence
You are assuming again. I never said "millionaire" or "billionaire", seems maybe you are the one thinking only that kind of money means success.

Certainly your hate is clear.
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

TWD 74 said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

What do you pay ?

Who is TWD 74 ?

JustHappy nor TWD answered did they?
Canada2017
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sorry, but my kids are in town and we were having family dinner... that doesn't happen all that often these days so they rank ahead of sic em.

You pay the most because you have the most... taking the most from those that have the least would be stupid. You are paying the smallest percentage in almost a century yet you still cry... top 1% paid way more in the 50s but guess what? They were still rich.

We pay for undocumented healthcare already... i just want to pay less, and I want the 20-30 million living without insurance to have a valid option.

Naturally family comes first .

Congratulations on your daughters wedding .

However .....

You certainly insinuated I am not paying 'my fair share '.

But you won't tell me what YOUR 'fair share ' is .
Why is that ?

Why do you feel entitled to dictate what my 'fair share ' is when you don't even match it now ?

In my view that is very odd .

Biden has said he supports the Green Deal ....but you have inside information that he didn't really mean it ? Come on guy .

And you also keep avoiding the obvious implications what the impact will be in Central and South America when 'free' health care will be given to illegals .

You know as well as I do it will result in hundreds of thousands of desperately poor people from countries with horrible medical facilities attempting to get into the US.

And they won't be walking the whole way either . Transport will be established ...for a price .

Do you believe I am wrong or do you welcome the onslaught?
JusHappy2BeHere
Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

However .....

Why is that ?

Why do you feel entitled to dictate what my 'fair share ' is when you don't even match it now ?

Biden has said he supports the Green Deal ....but you have inside information that he didn't really mean it ? Come on guy .

And you also keep avoiding the obvious implications what the impact will be in Central and South America when 'free' health care will be given to illegals .

You know as well as I do it will result in hundreds of thousands of desperately poor people from countries with horrible medical facilities attempting to get into the US.

And they won't be walking the whole way either . Transport will be established ...for a price .

This is really not personal, it's policy. Progressive taxation has been around for over 100 years, right now top 1% taxes are a lower percentage of income than most of the last century, and capital gains are even less. Billion dollar corporations have the system rigged so well they pay almost nothing.
It's not personal, it's business. The people who have all the money are the ones who can pay the most in taxes.
This isn't new... from 1945 to 1980 traces were much higher and yet people didn't stop making money... and the country built the intestate highway system, went to the moon, paid off WWII, paid for the Marshall Plan, and built the infrastructure that helped today's 1% achieve the financial success they have...
We are in the 24% bracket, so not an insufficient bite... and that's fine... it's the price we pay for living in a civilized society, but again its not personal, it's policy.

Mahatma Gandhi
Oldbear83
"This is really not personal, it's policy."

cinque
A dollar for every time Canada mentions how much he pays in taxes.
Canada2017
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

However .....

Why is that ?

This is really not personal, it's policy. Progressive taxation has been around for over 100 years, right now top 1% taxes are a lower percentage of income than most of the last century, and capital gains are even less. Billion dollar corporations have the system rigged so well they pay almost nothing.
It's not personal, it's business. The people who have all the money are the ones who can pay the most in taxes.
This isn't new... from 1945 to 1980 traces were much higher and yet people didn't stop making money... and the country built the intestate highway system, went to the moon, paid off WWII, paid for the Marshall Plan, and built the infrastructure that helped today's 1% achieve the financial success they have...
We are in the 24% bracket, so not an insufficient bite... and that's fine... it's the price we pay for living in a civilized society, but again its not personal, it's policy.

Well if Biden raises my bracket to 67% while yours only goes up to 35% ....that simply isn't fair . If inheritance taxes double ...that's crap because I've ALREADY paid taxes on money I want to leave my kids .

And most people choose to forget back in the 70's when taxes were higher ....there were also far more deductions than there are now .

Again you are avoiding the obvious consequences of 'free' healthcare for illegals in regards to a massive movement of poverty stricken people throughout Central America .

Why is that ? Do you believe it won't happen or you think the US taxpayer should pay for the health of the millions who would eventually show up ?

Why wouldn't Biden and the other Dems follow through with their promised Green Deal ? At this point they have to or Bernie's people would go amuck .
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cinque said:

I would bet money you don't pay taxes. And have one of those little blue handicap placards hanging from the mirror of your 2020 Cadillac Escalade. With the fancy spinning chrome wheel rims. Just a guess.

Chuckle.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
cinque said:

A dollar for every time you mention others paying their 'fair share ' .....when you don't pay jack .
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

HashTag said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

You get a C-.

Correct.
1. Yes.
2. And PBS etc.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
9. See #5
10. Said that plenty.
12. Reform. No more of this around the edges cutting. No loopholes, no deductions, tax for revenue, not for policy. When you take away the goodies the lobbyists will go away with them. See my signature line.
Well, color me shocked, we actually agree something!
Florda_mike
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cinque said:

I would bet money you don't pay taxes. And have one of those little blue handicap placards hanging from the mirror of your 2020 Cadillac Escalade. With the fancy spinning chrome wheel rims. Just a guess.

Chuckle.
quash
HashTag said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

You get a C-.

Correct.
1. Yes.
2. And PBS etc.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
9. See #5
10. Said that plenty.
Well, color me shocked, we actually agree something!
Doesn't shock me in the least, it's been obvious since you got here.
JusHappy2BeHere
Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

However .....

Why is that ?

Well if Biden raises my bracket to 67% while yours only goes up to 35% ....that simply isn't fair . If inheritance taxes double ...that's crap because I've ALREADY paid taxes on money I want to leave my kids .

And most people choose to forget back in the 70's when taxes were higher ....there were also far more deductions than there are now .

Again you are avoiding the obvious consequences of 'free' healthcare for illegals in regards to a massive movement of poverty stricken people throughout Central America .

Why is that ? Do you believe it won't happen or you think the US taxpayer should pay for the health of the millions who would eventually show up ?

Why wouldn't Biden and the other Dems follow through with their promised Green Deal ? At this point they have to or Bernie's people would go amuck .

I don't see 67% being passed, but if it was you'd be at 39% for the first $10 million a year and 67% for anything above that.

As for the undocumented, I think you are misrepresenting what Biden has said, and are ignoring that they get treated now

Mahatma Gandhi
Doc Holliday
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

However .....

Why is that ?

I don't see 67% being passed, but if it was you'd be at 39% for the first $10 million a year and 67% for anything above that.

As for the undocumented, I think you are misrepresenting what Biden has said, and are ignoring that they get treated now
It will end up being about 50% with anything over $75k if Democrats got what they wanted.
Canada2017
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Canada2017 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

However .....

Why is that ?

Biden has clearly and repeatedly stated his free health care for illegals . There is zero misrepresentation.

In central and South America the people don't understand our current ER protocols....but they will certainly understand 'free'.

It's naive in the extreme to believe it won't have an enormous impact on immigration.

Watch......a FAMILY income of approx 250-300k is going to be considered 'rich' and taxed accordingly .

Certainly much higher that 39%.

But without the deductions of 1970's .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.