So who out there is fired up to vote FOR Biden?

19,184 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The_barBEARian said:

COVID is going to magically disappear in Nov if Biden wins...
Covid will disappear regardless of which candidate wins. I think if the Biden loses, the Dems/ Black Lives Matter will concentrate more of their efforts on rioting, looting, and anarchy. The good news is, when Trump wins, he will no longer have to tapdance. He will not screw around and clean up the mess quickly. Hopefully he will flush twice.
Covid isn't going to disappear anytime soon, if at all.
Covid will hang around and still be out there, it will just no longer dominate most every single minute every day of the news cycle. The MSM will probably move on to the next round of impeachment hearings.

Covid is going to have to share the spotlight with cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. Its usefulness will have expired.
Along with expiration of a lot of people. It's on track to replace caner with the highest death count. We don't ignore any of the diseases you listed above. Trump should not be ingoring this one.
There is not any one of us getting out of here alive. I promise.
All the more reason to do what we can to enjoy and prolong our brief time in the sun.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Do you really believe the President or science? I choose science? 70% of the people chose science
Whose "science" should be asked first.
How about the President's scientists first. None of them agreed with his statement that Covid will magically disappear. What science do you think the President was relying upon to make any of those statements - please enlighten us?
More emotion from you, I see. Screeds like that don't work well in these sorts of discussions
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Do you really believe the President or science? I choose science? 70% of the people chose science
How about the President's scientists first. None of them agreed with his statement that Covid will magically disappear. What science do you think the President was relying upon to make any of those statements - please enlighten us?
More emotion from you, I see. Screeds like that don't work well in these sorts of discussions
Just what I thought. You can't answer the questions.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

The_barBEARian said:

On the contrary, I always do answer questions. I simply do not regard rants as 'questions'
quash
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

The_barBEARian said:

On the contrary, I always do answer questions. I simply do not regard rants as 'questions'

Don't get so worked up. Quit deflecting. Quit lying.

That's your playbook.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

The_barBEARian said:

I don't see any ranting in my remarks, but ok, I'll repeat the question. What science do you think the President was relying upon to make any of those statements?
Oldbear83
Well quash, if you did not get worked up so often, I wouldn't have to point it out to you.

And you seem very invested in certain narratives rather than facts. Sorry to trigger you, but there it is.
Oldbear83
You said you trusted science, yet when I ask for specifics, you want to discuss the President.

When you actually answer my question, we can proceed. There are so many threads from progressives which obsess on the President, I see no good purpose in taking this thread down that way.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

You said you trusted science, yet when I ask for specifics, you want to discuss the President.

When you actually answer my question, we can proceed. There are so many threads from progressives which obsess on the President, I see no good purpose in taking this thread down that way.
Ok, give me the specifics you want science on and I'll get it for you. In return, please answer my question. What science do you think the President was relying upon to make any of those statements?
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Ok, give me the specifics you want science on and I'll get it for you. In return, please answer my question. What science do you think the President was relying upon to make any of those statements?

Of the multitude of paragraphs you posts here, what % would you guess contain the word "Trump?"

Serious question
curtpenn
PartyBear said:

We know Trump isnt up to the job. So saying anything else is just whataboutism projections as an excuse for being a Trumper but tryiing to make people think you arent really.
Stupidly false assertion. No surprise.
curtpenn
jupiter said:

Checks and balances still matter.

Don't agree with everything he says, but his works have highly influenced my thinking about a lot of things. "Skin in the Game" is brilliant.
CHP Bear
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Of the multitude of paragraphs you posts here, what % would you guess contain the word "Trump?"

Serious question
His passion has become an obsession.
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

wuzzybear said:

TexasScientist said:

The_barBEARian said:

TexasScientist said:

The_barBEARian said:

He has given authority to the states. Which was the correct call. Do democrats and the media share any of the blame for the supposed mishandling of the virus? Or are their hands completely clean in your view?
Trump is the one in the WH overseeing the CDC, NIH, FEMA etc. and sitting on his hands. States are not equiped to deal with this independently. The nature of the virus/crisis requires a nationally coordinated effort, which so far Trump has refused to implement. Public communication, testing, quarantining, contact tracing and isolation. It may be too late to successfully implement any meaningful response now. The other than failing to recognize the threat early (which is the job of the Executive Branch) the Legislative Branch (House and the Senate) have passed legislation where needed. They need a competent President to lead them and the states for what is needed in coordinated response. We don't have that willingness in this president. This really shouldn't be a Dem vs. Rep issue. Trump has made it into that more than anyone else.
And how would Joe Biden have faired? Would he have ended travel from China back in February?

If things are so awful why is the death rate so low? Could it be that COVID actually isnt any worse than the season flu? Could it be that there are certain elements trying to create fear and chaos by making up a bubonic plague where none exists? Several months ago I was worried about COVID. Today I am not. I believe this virus has become strictly political.
Really? Biden isn't president and is irrelavent to Trump's job performance. Trump is president, and he has mismanged this crisis. Trump ended Travel from China, but he let 40K +/- U.S. citizens return without quarantine. Ending travel from China was a good start, but then he did nothing for over a month in the face of being warned by his own advisors. He's done very little. Any other president wouldn't stick his head in the sand and pretend it is going away by April, then Summer, and recently that it is dying out. The death rate isn't low. More than four times the people have already died of Covid than Influenza. https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/2634167/

We are on track to 130,000 - 150,000 by July 18th. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/forecasting-us.html#anchor_1587397564229 Many are projecting that will go much higher by September. He's not willing to face the reality this isn't just going away and the economy that he was counting on for re-election, and is trying to bring back at the cost of lives is gone. If he had any sense, he would use his 'big brain' to take more than a token leadership roll national leadership roll in addressing this crisis, and use that as his ticket to re-election. But that requires someone with an IQ in triple digits. The 'wartime president' has now gone AWOL.
I don't know who the heck you are but if you think you are going to solve Covid 19 by re-shutting down this country you might as well tear up the Constitution and just start running the printing presses full of Benjamins for the next 5 years. We've always had infectious diseases and/or plagues and somehow the world did not blow up. Yes, people are going to die. I'm going to die and you are going to die although probably neither one of us know when or how. So you have to find a solution bc doing nothing is not one. I'll just say it. My solution is to open up the economy full bore as promised in the Constitution. You do not throw away life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness just bc of a virus !!! In a free country, people make choices that they must live with. If you want to go out to a bar, not wear a mask, gloves or anything that is your choice. It's the bar owners choice if he wants to be open for any and all patrons. But you run your business with your rules that are allowable under the Constitution. No shoes, no shirt, no service can easily be substituted with No mask, No distancing, No Service so get out of my bar. You can sub "bar" for any business in this country. The real problem in this country is not this virus, it's not racism, it is none of those thing bc that is just cover for people who really want to destroy this country and they will use any excuse to do so. You know who I'm talking about. My 13 yr old neighbor gets it. Go ahead and allow this country to be governed by 3 Dem branches and a Dem WH and see what it looks like in less than 2yrs. Once they get power there will be similar elections that Putin puts on. In other words, it's game, set, match!!!

The Book of Revelation has a lot to say about our future so it is all coming anyway. As a believer I cannot stop it, but I know that Jesus' as God, who created all this is going to make it whole someday. I don't care when really bc eternity is the most powerful word there is outside of infinity. In the meantime, I'll do my best to keep this country truly FREE. Shutting down the economy just for a virus is not freedom...it is slavery.

You try taking all the crapola that Trump has and see what happens. He is the man for the job at the right time. Romney was never interested in even being president. McCain was kookoo and Biden can't put 2 sentences together and if you think he is not corrupt you don't know the truth. The man has done nothing for 40 yrs, but if he really wants to be "president" he will put Michelle Obama on the ticket and that will guarantee him a win. Anybody else and it's Trump winning 40 states. Current polls mean nothing. Americans are smart people but you put MO on the ticket and those undecideds will pull the Dem lever. I know of what I speak!
I'm not advocating shutting the country down. What I advocate is a comprehensive national (Federally led) effort to test, quarantine, trace and isolate. South Korean and others have done that successfully without shutting everything down and only 282 deaths. The longer we delay, the more likely we will be forced to shut things down and an ever higher death count. The book of Revelation was written by ignorant primitive person who didn't even know the Earth orbits the sun who was expecting Jesus to return in their lifetime. Your invoking Revelation as a theocratic response to Covid is analogous to Isis invoking the Koran as justification of its actions. Revelation didn't come to pass in the first century and it won't come to pass in the 21st century, nor will any other religous myth. Trump has the Republicans on the path to losing the Senate and more seats in the House. As Bolton says, Trump is not a conservative and has no core beliefs other than advancement of Trump.
Even if everything you say is true, I'm certain any Democrat will only make things much, much worse. We can't make a decision re voting for Trump in a vacuum.
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Serious question
On a political thread related to the presidential election - probably not enough. Just making sure Trump gets the credit deserved.
Johnny Bear
quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

It's understood there are those of you that will be voting AGAINST Trump, which means voting for Biden. I get it that some of you hate Trump so much you'd vote for a sewer rat if that was the other option - which I think is simultaneously both ignorant and dangerous - but I get it that you feel that way. That aside, I'm curious who is honestly excited and enthused to vote FOR Biden. If you are, please explain why and answers like "because Trump sucks" or "because Orange Man Bad" or "because Trump is crazy" don't count. I understand and accept that you feel that way, but I'm really curious about what POSITIVE reasons you see to vote FOR Biden. Especially interested in answers from those of you that claim to be business tycoons, oil barons, high income earners, lawyers, scientists, and concerned pastors. How will a Biden Presidency actually be positive for or help you, your business or vocation, and the country in general?

Looking forward to your responses.
Another thread ignoring third parties.
Oh, great point. So many third party candidates have been successful through the years.
Oldbear83
Johnny Bear said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

It's understood there are those of you that will be voting AGAINST Trump, which means voting for Biden. I get it that some of you hate Trump so much you'd vote for a sewer rat if that was the other option - which I think is simultaneously both ignorant and dangerous - but I get it that you feel that way. That aside, I'm curious who is honestly excited and enthused to vote FOR Biden. If you are, please explain why and answers like "because Trump sucks" or "because Orange Man Bad" or "because Trump is crazy" don't count. I understand and accept that you feel that way, but I'm really curious about what POSITIVE reasons you see to vote FOR Biden. Especially interested in answers from those of you that claim to be business tycoons, oil barons, high income earners, lawyers, scientists, and concerned pastors. How will a Biden Presidency actually be positive for or help you, your business or vocation, and the country in general?

Oh, great point. So many third party candidates have been successful through the years.
Hmm. Do you know how many 3rd party candidates collected electoral votes?

They may not have won, but they have decided Presidential elections before.

Johnny Bear
The_barBEARian said:

TexasScientist said:

The_barBEARian said:

He has given authority to the states. Which was the correct call. Do democrats and the media share any of the blame for the supposed mishandling of the virus? Or are their hands completely clean in your view?
Trump is the one in the WH overseeing the CDC, NIH, FEMA etc. and sitting on his hands. States are not equiped to deal with this independently. The nature of the virus/crisis requires a nationally coordinated effort, which so far Trump has refused to implement. Public communication, testing, quarantining, contact tracing and isolation. It may be too late to successfully implement any meaningful response now. The other than failing to recognize the threat early (which is the job of the Executive Branch) the Legislative Branch (House and the Senate) have passed legislation where needed. They need a competent President to lead them and the states for what is needed in coordinated response. We don't have that willingness in this president. This really shouldn't be a Dem vs. Rep issue. Trump has made it into that more than anyone else.
And how would Joe Biden have faired? Would he have ended travel from China back in February?

If things are so awful why is the death rate so low? Could it be that COVID actually isnt any worse than the season flu? Could it be that there are certain elements trying to create fear and chaos by making up a bubonic plague where none exists? Several months ago I was worried about COVID. Today I am not. I believe this virus has become strictly political.
Bingo.

And watch how fast MSM hysteria over it goes away after November 4th, no matter what the situation is regarding number of cases, number of deaths, surges in certain states, etc.
Johnny Bear
Oldbear83 said:

Johnny Bear said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

True, with the most notable recent historical example being Ross Perot who delivered 43% of the popular vote Bill Clinton in 1992 and was also a significant factor in helping 46% of the popular vote Bill Clinton in 1996.

But....none of them (i.e. 3rd party candidates) ever come anywhere close to being elected and voting for one of them might feel good as a "protest" type vote to some people, but the real bottom line is it's a wasted vote every time and you might well be participating in electing the greater of two evils if that's what you think of the two major party candidates.
riflebear
These people were

Osodecentx
riflebear said:

These people were

I'll be damned. Isn't that impossible?
quash
Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

These people were

No, just vanishingly rare.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
fadskier
Booray said:

For 6 election cycles

Bush v. Clinton
Clinton v. Dole
Bush v Gore
Bush v Kerry
Obama v McCain
Obama v Romney

I had my preference but was confident that wither candidate was up to the task.

The three cycles before that

Bush v. Dukakis
Reagan v. Mondale
Reagan v Carter

I was confident that the winner was up to the task

The one cycle before that

Carter v Ford

I was confident that either could do the job, but I turned out to be wrong about that.

In the last election

Trump v Clinton

I was confident that the loser could do the job, bu voted against her in protest anyway.

This year in

Trump v Biden

for the first time in my voting life, I am not sure that either candidate is up to the job.

I voted for Obama the first time and didn't vote the second time. Voted for Trump (and it was easy because Hillary was the worst candidate in my lifetime.) Regarding the 2020 election, I am again looking at which candidate is worse OR which party has more of my beliefs. After the way the Democrats have acted after losing 2016, there's no way I can vote for that party. It's either Trump or sit this one out.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Florda_mike
riflebear said:

These people were

cinque
Okay, so that's four...
Florda_mike
cinque said:

Okay, so that's four...

About par ^^^
cinque
Florda_mike said:

cinque said:

Okay, so that's four...

About par ^^^
Shut up.
The_barBEARian

Yeah... this virus is clearly raging out of control!
Florda_mike
cinque said:

Florda_mike said:

cinque said:

Okay, so that's four...

About par ^^^
Shut up.

Another par ^^^
Florda_mike
The_barBEARian said:

Yeah... this virus is clearly raging out of control!

They were looking for "flattening the curve" weren't they?

This is what they described they wanted

But but but ....... we've got more cases don't you know. Never mind we're testing 10x more, WE'VE GOT MORE CASES

Oh, and Donald Trump is doing a terrible job with it and we've got to stop his economy to win in November

Democrat Party is nothing but crooked crooks!
Wichitabear
George Truett said:

I'm fired up voting for Biden because he has the best chance of beating Trump from the field we had.

He also represents the middle lane of the party, which I identify with.

He also has a heart and a soul.

Unlike Trump.
there are times George that I feel you don't know much about having a heart and soul
TexasScientist
Johnny Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Johnny Bear said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

True, with the most notable recent historical example being Ross Perot who delivered 43% of the popular vote Bill Clinton in 1992 and was also a significant factor in helping 46% of the popular vote Bill Clinton in 1996.

But....none of them (i.e. 3rd party candidates) ever come anywhere close to being elected and voting for one of them might feel good as a "protest" type vote to some people, but the real bottom line is it's a wasted vote every time and you might well be participating in electing the greater of two evils if that's what you think of the two major party candidates.
You may elect one of the two evils, greater or not, but when you have two evils, is everyone had the fortitude and good conscience to vote for a third party candidate (if they were qualified) we would have a less polarizing political environment.
GoneGirl
Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

These people were

Your memory is awfully short (probably because the perps here are white and Republican):

Mark Harris, a Baptist minister, wins congressional election in North Carolina after it's discovered that his campaign manager filled out absentee ballots for voters:

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article226628829.html

https://religionnews.com/2018/12/04/southern-baptist-minister-embroiled-in-election-fraud-controversy/

A campaign aide for VA Congressman Scott Taylor commits fraud to get a third-party candidate on the ballot to improve Taylor's chances of re-election in 2018:

https://www.wavy.com/news/politics/virginia-politics/ex-scott-taylor-staffer-pleads-guilty-to-signing-election-petitions-she-didnt-circulate/

Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Johnny Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Johnny Bear said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

You may elect one of the two evils, greater or not, but when you have two evils, is everyone had the fortitude and good conscience to vote for a third party candidate (if they were qualified) we would have a less polarizing political environment.
The problem I see there. is that the third-party candidates come with their own baggage. As for polarizing, I have no problem with polarization if it leads to clear understanding of what the candidates and their parties mean to do. My complaint is that the media dumbs down messages and often carries the most negative attacks from candidates because that is easier to drive emotion - which the media uses for driving up ratings - than to calmly discuss options in short- and long-term interests.
Osodecentx
Jinx 2 said:

Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

These people were

Your memory is awfully short (probably because the perps here are white and Republican):

Mark Harris, a Baptist minister, wins congressional election in North Carolina after it's discovered that his campaign manager filled out absentee ballots for voters:

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article226628829.html

https://religionnews.com/2018/12/04/southern-baptist-minister-embroiled-in-election-fraud-controversy/

A campaign aide for VA Congressman Scott Taylor commits fraud to get a third-party candidate on the ballot to improve Taylor's chances of re-election in 2018:

https://www.wavy.com/news/politics/virginia-politics/ex-scott-taylor-staffer-pleads-guilty-to-signing-election-petitions-she-didnt-circulate/

I'm with you to stop voter fraud. It happens as you so ably illustrated in the post above.

Stop voter fraud

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.