Baylor University announcement

15,937 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by boognish_bear
Russell Gym
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Looks like a lot of renamings could be on the table ...
atomicblast
Who are we appeasing to? The radicals who go nuts for this would shut Baylor down regardless if we have gays line up in front from Pat Neff to Morrison and french kiss.
Grumpy
So we will tear down the statue Baylor and obelisks of the other two founders? Shall we rename the school? To what extent will the progressives drive the neo-Marxist framework for Baylor's administration and regents? When we require all historical figures to conform to our own twenty-first century postmodern ideological purity, we will have no history at all : which is exactly what the progressives desire. I can't believe Baylor would acquiesce to this ahistorical thinking.
SIC EM 94
When will Baylor/Livingstone issue a statement about how Baylor's Christian mission compares to the stated beliefs of the Black Lives Matter movement?

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

If you thought the whole BOR/Pepper Hamilton fiasco was a disaster, just wait to see how this plays out!
boognish_bear
PartyBear
Baylor is finally in the 21st Century. These are good steps.
boognish_bear
PartyBear said:

I'm pretty sure we will be seeing similar steps taken at universities across the South....well probably across the country too
SIC EM 94
PartyBear said:

Shame on you for referring to it as "Baylor" you racist!
PartyBear
PartyBear
SIC EM 94 said:

PartyBear said:

Shame on you for being a dumb ass!
SIC EM 94
PartyBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

PartyBear said:

You don't think there will be a push to rename the school?
PartyBear
No
BUGWBBear
So what are they gonna name the place?
BUGWBBear
SIC EM 94 said:

PartyBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

PartyBear said:

You don't think there will be a push to rename the school?

They'll have to in order to quell riots.
SIC EM 94
PartyBear said:

No

Then clearly YOU are the dumb ass, but we've all known that for quite some time.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
There are still some good and righteous causes to donate money to. Unfortutanely, Baylor is no longer one of them. Things change. That being said, I feel like Baylor did give me a great education in the early/ mid 80s. Thank you Baylor.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
PartyBear
SIC EM 94 said:

PartyBear said:

No

Then clearly YOU are the dumb ass, but we've all known that for quite some time.

My God you are truly stupid. Let me give some free advice. When you are called a dumb ass don't go and confirm it.
PartyBear
boognish_bear said:

PartyBear said:

I'm pretty sure we will be seeing similar steps taken at universities across the South....well probably across the country too

I agree. That Baylor was proactive and early in issuing this racial reconciliation resolution and wasn't forced into to it or as a response from anyone shows solid leadership in Pat Neff and the BOR. We finally have a BOR of a major university it appears.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
PartyBear said:

boognish_bear said:

PartyBear said:

I agree. That Baylor was proactive and early in issuing this racial reconciliation resolution and wasn't forced into to it or as a response from anyone shows solid leadership in Pat Neff and the BOR. We finally have a BOR of a major university it appears.
On posts like this, I miss the old negative rep feature of Baylorfans. Looks like your Liberal virtue signaling has finally outweighed the screwing of Art Briles.
PartyBear
It appears if we had this BOR and administration over the last decade they would have done their jobs and, Art Briles would be the Hc here now.
BBWCBear
PartyBear said:

As quickly as possible eradicate any conservative professors, replacing with more Liberal ilk and removing statues, religion, renaming will be extremely easy. You'll be ecstatic.
BUletters
PartyBear said:

It appears if we had this BOR and administration over the last decade they would have done their jobs and, Art Briles would be the Hc here now.

That's so wrong. Briles did not want to answer to anyone, and had no discipline standards for his players on or off the field.
That's why he is gone.
Jack Bauer
And so Rice University is going to become Nerd Houston University?
Dia del DougO
It's not going to help. It won't stop. It never will.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Michibear
Jack Bauer said:

And so Rice University is going to become Nerd Houston University?
Dude, it's been that for decades...
Mitch Henessey
Damn, RD2, how many times are you gonna quit Baylor before it actually sticks?

Maybe you should change your handle to "Brokeback Ex-Footballer."
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mitch Henessey said:

Damn, RD2, how many times are you gonna quit Baylor before it actually sticks?

Maybe you should change your handle to "Brokeback Ex-Footballer."
Baylor gave me a fine education. We no longer have that much in common. Not real sure why my opinion offends you so. As far as I can tell, we have had an amicable parting of the ways. At my age, I don't need nor do I want drama. Sorry Mitch.
BluesBear
Next thing we know it'll be the Japanese complaining about the camps during WW2.

Way to cave Baylor.

Until Black Lives matter to actual Blacks then I'll take this all serious. Until then, find another school if you don't like their heritage. No one is forcing you to attend Baylor.
perrynative
Liberty University will have to change names eventually.
BoonDockSaint
What empty drivel
VaeBear
Unfortunately our founders weren't perfect like we all are today. Wouldn't it be the Christian thing to forgive them and move on?
Zay
boognish_bear said:

Big smiles! That's my school!
chriscbear
Please please please please please dont rename Baylor University to whatever. Please please dont.
Thee University
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Baylorbears111
PartyBear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

PartyBear said:

If Yale and the Rhodes Scholarship aren't safe, Baylor sure as hell isn't. There is no appeasing marxists. There is no bargaining. They will take the inch and the mile. They Only care about the progress of the now and the power to destroy. They do not care about nuance or historical context. They will destroy your history and your foundations one by one in the name of progress. They will pluck out the strings of your culture in the name of unity, even if those strings are what United you before. Even Jesus is not safe from these people. And when all the memorials, statues, and structures are torn down, when your history is erased and rewritten, then they will come for people.

This is as stern a warning and caution as I can offer. If you Baylor goes too far to try and appease and the unappeasable you will see the university irreparably break.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.