Bolshviks on the Brazos

10,337 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by KOKQB70
Bearitto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shippou said:

Bearitto said:

bear2be2 said:

nein51 said:

Let's just say that white privilege exists, it's a thing, I acknowledge it and I can get 10 of my friends to acknowledge it and they can get 10 of their friends to acknowledge it...we will all hold hands and loudly and proudly say we are privileged...now what or better stated, so what?

I see so many arguments for "white people just need to acknowledge their privilege"...ok, done, so what do you want next?

I think the idea is that if you can see and acknowledge where your privilege exists, you'll start to more easily see where others' doesn't and stop ignoring/denying the existence of problems that black people have been telling us for years are problems.

One of the biggest takeaways I've had from this period in our history is that black people are looking for white allies to help them convince other white people that they're not making these issues up. And it's not just radical, militant BLM types who are asking for this. It's the people in our communities that we interact with regularly. Our black friends and neighbors are telling us they're dealing with these things and we haven't done a very good job of listening -- largely because our experiences haven't matched theirs.

So to me, that's the next step. Once we've acknowledged that inequality still exists in the treatment of whites and blacks in our society, we can try to help others see this and understand that a more just society that truly treats everyone as equals is better for everybody.
The notion of white privilege is both fictional and extraordinarily racist. Racial sin, racial victimization and racial accountability are pure evil. Anyone who advocates it is equally evil.
How's it fictional and racist to acknowledge that your life is different than mine and has never been impacted by your skin color?
White privilege is fictional because it doesn't exist. That's what fictional means. It's made up. It's racist because anything that assumes any one person will act a certain way, have a certain amount of money, experience life the same way, or think the same way by dint of skin color is racist. Being racist in that way denies the fact that we are all made in God's image, separately and apart from each other, with unique desires, dreams, skills and abilities that lead us to different outcomes. You instead lump white people into one group and tell them to be quiet and accept some collective guilt for actions of dead people who may or may not have looked like them. Next you demand those white people accept the ridiculously and monstrously fictional notion that they have had some manner of privilege because of their skin color - that poor white people are privileged while rich black people are victims. It beggars belief and is pure, unadulterated evil.

Not only is the notion evil and racist on it's face, the demands for reparations, predicate upon it, from one group of people with one skin color to another group of people with another skin color is effectively collective "Corruption of blood", which is made unconstitutional in Article 3 of the Constitution....not that leftists care about the constitution.

'Social justice' is not justice. 'Racial justice' is not justice. Justice is and ever only was one individual getting what that one individual deserves in accordance with that one individual's actions. Collective guilt and collective martyrdom are the stuff of marxism. This is not only evil, but it's the new proletariat (POC) v. bourgeoisie (white) and it's meant to do one thing...destroy our country.

Thee University
Amen
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
curtpenn
Bearitto said:

Shippou said:

Bearitto said:

bear2be2 said:

nein51 said:

Let's just say that white privilege exists, it's a thing, I acknowledge it and I can get 10 of my friends to acknowledge it and they can get 10 of their friends to acknowledge it...we will all hold hands and loudly and proudly say we are privileged...now what or better stated, so what?

I see so many arguments for "white people just need to acknowledge their privilege"...ok, done, so what do you want next?

I think the idea is that if you can see and acknowledge where your privilege exists, you'll start to more easily see where others' doesn't and stop ignoring/denying the existence of problems that black people have been telling us for years are problems.

One of the biggest takeaways I've had from this period in our history is that black people are looking for white allies to help them convince other white people that they're not making these issues up. And it's not just radical, militant BLM types who are asking for this. It's the people in our communities that we interact with regularly. Our black friends and neighbors are telling us they're dealing with these things and we haven't done a very good job of listening -- largely because our experiences haven't matched theirs.

So to me, that's the next step. Once we've acknowledged that inequality still exists in the treatment of whites and blacks in our society, we can try to help others see this and understand that a more just society that truly treats everyone as equals is better for everybody.
The notion of white privilege is both fictional and extraordinarily racist. Racial sin, racial victimization and racial accountability are pure evil. Anyone who advocates it is equally evil.
How's it fictional and racist to acknowledge that your life is different than mine and has never been impacted by your skin color?
White privilege is fictional because it doesn't exist. That's what fictional means. It's made up. It's racist because anything that assumes any one person will act a certain way, have a certain amount of money, experience life the same way, or think the same way by dint of skin color is racist. Being racist in that way denies the fact that we are all made in God's image, separately and apart from each other, with unique desires, dreams, skills and abilities that lead us to different outcomes. You instead lump white people into one group and tell them to be quiet and accept some collective guilt for actions of dead people who may or may not have looked like them. Next you demand those white people accept the ridiculously and monstrously fictional notion that they have had some manner of privilege because of their skin color - that poor white people are privileged while rich black people are victims. It beggars belief and is pure, unadulterated evil.

Not only is the notion evil and racist on it's face, the demands for reparations, predicate upon it, from one group of people with one skin color to another group of people with another skin color is effectively collective "Corruption of blood", which is made unconstitutional in Article 3 of the Constitution....not that leftists care about the constitution.

'Social justice' is not justice. 'Racial justice' is not justice. Justice is and ever only was one individual getting what that one individual deserves in accordance with that one individual's actions. Collective guilt and collective martyrdom are the stuff of marxism. This is not only evil, but it's the new proletariat (POC) v. bourgeoisie (white) and it's meant to do one thing...destroy our country.

One of the best things I've read this week:

"How, then, shall we proceed? Onward or backward. A return to paganism would spare us from the embarrassing Christian postulate that all the guilty-before-God descendants of Adam are persons, to be treated equally before the law. Pagan blood vengeance, we would contentedly conclude, is the primordial truth of mantherefore let us unleash the cathartic rage that dwells in every heart. If a man of one race is killed, blood payment is due; the score must be settled; persons must be sacrificed so that the idol of bloodline, of "identity," can be appeased.
Alternatively, there is the Christian way forward, through which we will recognize the singular person of George Floyd, the transgression that ended his life, and the law through which man does what he can to bring about justice, in a broken world that God alone can heal.

Americans today are torn between these two distinctly different understandings of what justice entails: pagan blood payment between peoples, which treats persons as mere proxies; or liberal justice, whose foundation is, finally, the Christian understanding of persons. Paganism, let us remember, is the natural condition of man, the condition for which there is no remedy without the divine antidote that breaks in upon the natural world and informs us that justice entails more than cathartic rage that settles scores. An observer with a trained eye will see in the aftermath of George Floyd's death an America that cannot decide between pagan justice and liberal justice, and which has settled into a dangerous and unstable intermediate arrangement having elements of both. Logic would dictate that either we go back to guiltless paganism or go forward to guilt-ridden, person-centered, liberalism. We have guilt-ridden paganism instead, another name for which is identity politics."

https://providencemag.com/2020/06/american-aftermath-george-floyd-paganism-christianity/
Bearitto
curtpenn said:

Bearitto said:

Shippou said:

Bearitto said:

bear2be2 said:

nein51 said:

One of the best things I've read this week:

"How, then, shall we proceed? Onward or backward. A return to paganism would spare us from the embarrassing Christian postulate that all the guilty-before-God descendants of Adam are persons, to be treated equally before the law. Pagan blood vengeance, we would contentedly conclude, is the primordial truth of mantherefore let us unleash the cathartic rage that dwells in every heart. If a man of one race is killed, blood payment is due; the score must be settled; persons must be sacrificed so that the idol of bloodline, of "identity," can be appeased.
Alternatively, there is the Christian way forward, through which we will recognize the singular person of George Floyd, the transgression that ended his life, and the law through which man does what he can to bring about justice, in a broken world that God alone can heal.

Americans today are torn between these two distinctly different understandings of what justice entails: pagan blood payment between peoples, which treats persons as mere proxies; or liberal justice, whose foundation is, finally, the Christian understanding of persons. Paganism, let us remember, is the natural condition of man, the condition for which there is no remedy without the divine antidote that breaks in upon the natural world and informs us that justice entails more than cathartic rage that settles scores. An observer with a trained eye will see in the aftermath of George Floyd's death an America that cannot decide between pagan justice and liberal justice, and which has settled into a dangerous and unstable intermediate arrangement having elements of both. Logic would dictate that either we go back to guiltless paganism or go forward to guilt-ridden, person-centered, liberalism. We have guilt-ridden paganism instead, another name for which is identity politics."

https://providencemag.com/2020/06/american-aftermath-george-floyd-paganism-christianity/

Brilliant
fadskier
George Truett said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

I just want to know if below was actually said and in what context?

Quote:

"White people swim in this ocean of whiteness where they don't have to think about who they are or acknowledge the benefits they've gained from that experience."

From the digital conversation that is available online.
Over the course of this digital conversation, viewers are subjected to politically-correct claptrap such as Dr. Garrett's outrageous assertion that "White people swim in this ocean of whiteness where they don't have to think about who they are or acknowledge the benefits they've gained from that experience."

https://www.baylor.edu/president/index.php?id=969898
I think you can get it online
Great statement.

I agree 110%.
Unfortunately, it's not true.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
cms186 said:

Pablo Fanque said:

Watch the whole video before anyone goes completely ballistic. Of course there is truth in the OP - the quotes are accurate for the most part. But much of the OP is overwrought hysteria based on cherry-picked quotes and mischaracterization.

Here's what I, a white male who votes Republican, take from statements like Greg Garrett's: I walk through the world each day not really thinking about the fact that I am white. When I walk into H-E-B, I'm thinking about my grocery needs, and not really thinking about being white. Same with driving on Hwy 84 through Woodway - I'm thinking about a lot of things, but "I'm white" isn't one of them (though I usually AM thinking about keeping my speed down to about 5-10 MPH over the speed limit).

Yet there are numerous black people who say that, when out in public, they are conscious of their skin color. A black person at H-E-B is thinking about his grocery needs AND about the fact that he is black. Having seen who gets pulled over in Woodway, I can't imagine a black person driving through there who isn't thinking "I'm black - better obey every rule."

And this rings true to me. When I meet a white person, I don't immediately note "Oh, he's a white guy." I look at other things, but "white" isn't one of them. Now, I look at the same sorts of things as well when meeting a black person, but I assure you that one of the first things that pops into my brain is "Oh, this is a black guy."

The term "white privilege" is intentionally provocative, making it ineffective in getting the most intransigent whites to admit to the concept the phrase seeks to describe. Perhaps it would be easier to get conservative white guys to admit that "black disadvantage" exists. Either way, the point is much the same as Greg Garrett's, even if it is phrased in less-woke lingo - there is a net disadvantage in today's America to being black. If you don't think so, then ask yourself if you'd like to be black instead of white. Most likely, either your answer is no, or you're lying to yourself.

Admitting that these kinds of things are real is NOT the same as embracing a left-wing political agenda. But conservatives will get nowhere in stopping the absurd woke progressivism if they can't even acknowledge that being black is a disadvantage in our society.
very well put
Except that it generalizes all white people and all black people...which is the definition of racism, is it not?
Bearitto
fadskier said:

cms186 said:

Pablo Fanque said:

Watch the whole video before anyone goes completely ballistic. Of course there is truth in the OP - the quotes are accurate for the most part. But much of the OP is overwrought hysteria based on cherry-picked quotes and mischaracterization.

Here's what I, a white male who votes Republican, take from statements like Greg Garrett's: I walk through the world each day not really thinking about the fact that I am white. When I walk into H-E-B, I'm thinking about my grocery needs, and not really thinking about being white. Same with driving on Hwy 84 through Woodway - I'm thinking about a lot of things, but "I'm white" isn't one of them (though I usually AM thinking about keeping my speed down to about 5-10 MPH over the speed limit).

Yet there are numerous black people who say that, when out in public, they are conscious of their skin color. A black person at H-E-B is thinking about his grocery needs AND about the fact that he is black. Having seen who gets pulled over in Woodway, I can't imagine a black person driving through there who isn't thinking "I'm black - better obey every rule."

And this rings true to me. When I meet a white person, I don't immediately note "Oh, he's a white guy." I look at other things, but "white" isn't one of them. Now, I look at the same sorts of things as well when meeting a black person, but I assure you that one of the first things that pops into my brain is "Oh, this is a black guy."

The term "white privilege" is intentionally provocative, making it ineffective in getting the most intransigent whites to admit to the concept the phrase seeks to describe. Perhaps it would be easier to get conservative white guys to admit that "black disadvantage" exists. Either way, the point is much the same as Greg Garrett's, even if it is phrased in less-woke lingo - there is a net disadvantage in today's America to being black. If you don't think so, then ask yourself if you'd like to be black instead of white. Most likely, either your answer is no, or you're lying to yourself.

Admitting that these kinds of things are real is NOT the same as embracing a left-wing political agenda. But conservatives will get nowhere in stopping the absurd woke progressivism if they can't even acknowledge that being black is a disadvantage in our society.
very well put
Except that it generalizes all white people and all black people...which is the definition of racism, is it not?

It is the definition of racism.
fadskier
Shippou said:

Bearitto said:

bear2be2 said:

nein51 said:

Because your statement is an assumption. You assume lives are different, you assume lives have not been impacted by skin color.
Doc Holliday
Watch this video and tell me we're dealing with sane and rational people:

This is the BLM movement. These are the same people going after Baylor.

Now tell me why Baylor is even speaking to them?

Only through American media can this dangerous radicalism be presented as wholesome and caring.

I'm afraid not enough people can see this Trojan horse for what it is.
TexasScientist
Doc Holliday said:

Only through American media can this dangerous radicalism be presented as wholesome and caring.

Those people are not representative of the BLM movement. Those people are obviously ingorant and uninformed who are just making noise, and were singled out for the purposes of the video clip to stir up emotions.
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

Those people are not representative of the BLM movement.
I disagree. Seems like a representative group.
Florda_mike
TS the BLM movement is admittedly led by Marxists

Your side accepts and therefore unknowingly condones anyone that'll attach themselves to the Democrat Party

That's what's happened to the Democrat Party

Being inclusive is a bad thing when you invite evil in and let it stay and overwhelm the system

Wake up
SIC EM 94
Those people are very much representative of Black Lives Matter. There are numerous other videos we can share that mirror that crap...actually much worse in some cases.
Robert Wilson
Pablo Fanque said:

The term "white privilege" is intentionally provocative, making it ineffective in getting the most intransigent whites to admit to the concept the phrase seeks to describe. Perhaps it would be easier to get conservative white guys to admit that "black disadvantage" exists. Either way, the point is much the same as Greg Garrett's, even if it is phrased in less-woke lingo - there is a net disadvantage in today's America to being black.

I've argued this before to some of my more "woke" friends, to absolutely no avail. The term "white privileged" is poor rhetoric. The fact that it is intentionally provocative does make it ineffective to a big chunk of the population who, in a variety of factual circumstances, would recognize that being black is a disadvantage. Beyond that, the things that we are describing should not be seen as a "privilege." It should not be a privilege to not be pulled over for no reason at all. It should not be a privilege to go around about your daily life unconcerned about the color of your skin. That should be normal. That should be the baseline. A term like "black disadvantage" (same term I proposed) more accurately describes the situation and would be more likely to be well received. Trying to convince a bunch of broke children of pill poppers or meth heads in Appalachia or the rust belt that they are privileged is a fool's errand. One problem is that the people who chose that term and who liberally use that term want to be provocative and insulting, more than they want to persuade or find common ground.
Doc Holliday
TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

Those people are not representative of the BLM movement. Those people are obviously ingorant and uninformed who are just making noise, and were singled out for the purposes of the video clip to stir up emotions.
Yes they are. This is the majority views within the group.

If they weren't, I wouldn't give a damn.
Waco1947
ATL Bear said:

George Truett said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Quote:

"White people swim in this ocean of whiteness where they don't have to think about who they are or acknowledge the benefits they've gained from that experience."

Over the course of this digital conversation, viewers are subjected to politically-correct claptrap such as Dr. Garrett's outrageous assertion that "White people swim in this ocean of whiteness where they don't have to think about who they are or acknowledge the benefits they've gained from that experience."

Great statement.

I agree 110%.
Defeating racism with racism is one way to approach it. True but where did you hear that notion<
I mean we know all white experiences are the same and we all swim in the same white experience ocean, right? Not exactly We whites are to "self interrogate." I thin it is a poor plan.. We are too rooted in our culture
Should we group all blacks together in a monolithic ocean like this? Is that how this new "wokeness" works? Again true but what are you arguing against?

What a misguided statement, What misguided statement?.

Waco1947
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

Those people are not representative of the BLM movement.
Racist --- one who makes a few individuals responsible the behavior of racial group and the Democratic Party "Seems like a representative group".
Anti-Racist --- One who makes the made up stories of what BLM means fictional but the individual behaviors real --- marching, protesting, organizing, voting -- that's real not FOX fictional stories.
Waco1947
ATL Bear
Waco1947 said:

ATL Bear said:

George Truett said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Quote:

Great statement.

I agree 110%.
Defeating racism with racism is one way to approach it. True but where did you hear that notion<
I mean we know all white experiences are the same and we all swim in the same white experience ocean, right? Not exactly We whites are to "self interrogate." I thin it is a poor plan.. We are too rooted in our culture
Should we group all blacks together in a monolithic ocean like this? Is that how this new "wokeness" works? Again true but what are you arguing against?

What a misguided statement, What misguided statement?.

Self interrogate?

"I think, comrades, that self-criticism is as necessary to us as air or water." ~ Joseph Stalin
Waco1947
Atl "You need to watch yourself around the kids. Don't you ever think about what your doing? Seriously do some self examination! Mrs. Atl Bear
Waco1947
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

Your side accepts and therefore unknowingly condones anyone that'll attach themselves to the Democrat Party

Being inclusive is a bad thing when you invite evil in and let it stay and overwhelm the system

Wake up
Again, I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Trumplican either. I've been a lifelong Republican. I'm just one of the growing number of Republicans who see Trump for who he is.

Who are the Marxists that lead BLM? I haven't seen or heard any Marxist ideas advanced by the BLM movement. Do you believe that Republicans are led by fascists, or by the KKK?
TexasScientist
SIC EM 94 said:

Those people are very much representative of Black Lives Matter. There are numerous other videos we can share that mirror that crap...actually much worse in some cases.
I can find you videos of white supremacists and QAnon idiots who are happy to get in front of a camera at a Republican event. The RPT state convention will have several there later this month. They are not representative of Republicans.
TexasScientist
Doc Holliday said:

TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

Yes they are. This is the majority views within the group.

If they weren't, I wouldn't give a damn.
Don't you think that by and large the core of that movement is about their perception there is too much racism within some police departments? They don't care about Marxism, and many probably don't even know what Marxism is. Advocating Marxism won't advance their cause. See my analogy above about the RPT, QAnon, and white supremacists.
ATL Bear
Waco1947 said:

Atl "You need to watch yourself around the kids. Don't you ever think about what your doing? Seriously do some self examination! Mrs. Atl Bear
WTH????
ATL Bear
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Wake up
Again, I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Trumplican either. I've been a lifelong Republican. I'm just one of the growing number of Republicans who see Trump for who he is.

Who are the Marxists that lead BLM? I haven't seen or heard any Marxist ideas advanced by the BLM movement. Do you believe that Republicans are led by fascists, or by the KKK?
There's an entire thread called "Trained Marxist" about the BLM founder and BLM mission statement that oozes Marxist ideals and their focus on "group economics".
TexasScientist
ATL Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Wake up

There's an entire thread called "Trained Marxist" about the BLM founder and BLM mission statement that oozes Marxist ideals and their focus on "group economics".
Is 'Black Lives Matter' Marxist?
https://mychristiandaily.com/is-black-lives-matter-marxist/

"If you look at the BLM statement of beliefs, there is absolutely nothing about Marxism. BLM is a movement that began out of injustice towards African Americans."
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Wake up

Come TS, try some honesty!

You give 1st paragraph above then at end of 2nd paragraph ask if "Republicans are led by fascists, or by the KKK?"

Seriously you want me to believe a "lifelong republican" would even ask such?

Get honest
ATL Bear
TexasScientist said:

ATL Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Wake up

"If you look at the BLM statement of beliefs, there is absolutely nothing about Marxism. BLM is a movement that began out of injustice towards African Americans."
That's a fluff opinion piece.

Platforms for M4BL

Quote:

A progressive restructuring of tax codes at the local, state, and federal levels to ensure a radical and sustainable redistribution of wealth.
Federal and state job programs that specifically target the most economically marginalized Black people, and compensation for those involved in the care economy. Job programs must provide a living wage and encourage support for local workers centers, unions, and Black-owned businesses which are accountable to the community.
A right to restored land, clean air, clean water and housing and an end to the exploitative privatization of natural resources including land and water. We seek democratic control over how resources are preserved, used and distributed and do so while honoring and respecting the rights of our Indigenous family.
The right for workers to organize in public and private sectors especially in "On Demand Economy" jobs.
Restore the Glass-Steagall Act to break up the large banks, and call for the National Credit Union Administration and the US Department of the Treasury to change policies and practices around regulation, reporting and consolidation to allow for the continuation and creation of black banks, small and community development credit unions, insurance companies and other financial institutions.
An end to the Trans-Pacific Partnership and a renegotiation of all trade agreements to prioritize the interests of workers and communities.
Through tax incentives, loans and other government directed resources, support the development of cooperative or social economy networks to help facilitate trade across and in Black communities globally. All aid in the form of grants, loans or contracts to help facilitate this must go to Black led or Black supported networks and organizations as defined by the communities.
Financial support of Black alternative institutions including policy that subsidizes and offers low-interest, interest-free or federally guaranteed low-interest loans to promote the development of cooperatives (food, residential, etc.), land trusts and culturally responsive health infrastructures that serve the collective needs of our communities.

BLM what we believe:
Quote:

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and "villages" that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Engels arguments and Marxism's argument against the nuclear family:

https://revisesociology.com/2017/05/06/evaluate-marxism-family-sociology/

I could throw more at you, but just read the issues and platforms at the communist party of the US, or Marxist sights, and the policy/belief parallels are clear. And I didn't even touch on the inherent racist/separatist ideals being promoted which is another conversation.

Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

ATL Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Wake up

TS calls himself "lifelong republican" and vehemently defends BLM?

Just bugs heck out of me when people are that dishonest or ...... incoherent
PartyBear
Your types in the 60s also said the SLC and Dr King were Marxists. Opponents of civil rights have said this of proponents of civil rights for 100 years now. Your arguments aren't as new as you think.

Honestly y'all are on the ash heap of history when Univ of Alabama, Ole Miss and Miss State, the SEC among many others including Baylor all say officially and publicly they are BLM supporters and proponents.
ATL Bear
PartyBear said:

Your types in the 60s also said the SLC and Dr King were Marxists. Opponents of civil rights have said this of proponents of civil rights for 100 years now. Your arguments aren't as new as you think.
MLK wasn't Marxist, but Huey Newton and Bobby Seale, the founders of the Black Panther Party, we're admittedly so.
Florda_mike
Who are you talking to?
ATL Bear
PartyBear said:

Honestly y'all are on the ash heap of history when Univ of Alabama, Ole Miss and Miss State, the SEC among many others including Baylor all say officially and publicly they are BLM supporters and proponents.
We've taken a movement directed at correcting police brutality, a cause with tremendous support, and turned it into a class struggle intent to be anti-capitalism, anti-family, and anti-Western.

Don't pretend this is just about racial injustice. The ash heaps of these movements are in Lenin's Russia, Pol Pot's Cambodia and Mao's China.
Doc Holliday
TexasScientist said:

SIC EM 94 said:

I can find you videos of white supremacists and QAnon idiots who are happy to get in front of a camera at a Republican event. The RPT state convention will have several there later this month. They are not representative of Republicans.
Who said this is representative of Democrats?

It's representative of our future.
TexasScientist
ATL Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

ATL Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Wake up

That's a fluff opinion piece.

Platforms for M4BL

Quote:

A progressive restructuring of tax codes at the local, state, and federal levels to ensure a radical and sustainable redistribution of wealth.
Federal and state job programs that specifically target the most economically marginalized Black people, and compensation for those involved in the care economy. Job programs must provide a living wage and encourage support for local workers centers, unions, and Black-owned businesses which are accountable to the community.
A right to restored land, clean air, clean water and housing and an end to the exploitative privatization of natural resources including land and water. We seek democratic control over how resources are preserved, used and distributed and do so while honoring and respecting the rights of our Indigenous family.
The right for workers to organize in public and private sectors especially in "On Demand Economy" jobs.
Restore the Glass-Steagall Act to break up the large banks, and call for the National Credit Union Administration and the US Department of the Treasury to change policies and practices around regulation, reporting and consolidation to allow for the continuation and creation of black banks, small and community development credit unions, insurance companies and other financial institutions.
An end to the Trans-Pacific Partnership and a renegotiation of all trade agreements to prioritize the interests of workers and communities.
Through tax incentives, loans and other government directed resources, support the development of cooperative or social economy networks to help facilitate trade across and in Black communities globally. All aid in the form of grants, loans or contracts to help facilitate this must go to Black led or Black supported networks and organizations as defined by the communities.
Financial support of Black alternative institutions including policy that subsidizes and offers low-interest, interest-free or federally guaranteed low-interest loans to promote the development of cooperatives (food, residential, etc.), land trusts and culturally responsive health infrastructures that serve the collective needs of our communities.

BLM what we believe:
Quote:

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and "villages" that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Engels arguments and Marxism's argument against the nuclear family:

https://revisesociology.com/2017/05/06/evaluate-marxism-family-sociology/

I could throw more at you, but just read the issues and platforms at the communist party of the US, or Marxist sights, and the policy/belief parallels are clear. And I didn't even touch on the inherent racist/separatist ideals being promoted which is another conversation.

What is your source to come up with all that? The only thing you posted from their site is the last paragraph taken out of context. There is nothing on their site embracing Marxism. Here is what they believe straight from their web site:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

"Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

Enraged by the death of Trayvon Martin and the subsequent acquittal of his killer, George Zimmerman, and inspired by the 31-day takeover of the Florida State Capitol by POWER U and the Dream Defenders, we took to the streets. A year later, we set out together on the Black Lives Matter Freedom Ride to Ferguson, in search of justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Forever changed, we returned home and began building the infrastructure for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which, even in its infancy, has become a political home for many.
Ferguson helped to catalyze a movement to which we've all helped give life. Organizers who call this network home have ousted anti-Black politicians, won critical legislation to benefit Black lives, and changed the terms of the debate on Blackness around the world. Through movement and relationship building, we have also helped catalyze other movements and shifted culture with an eye toward the dangerous impacts of anti-Blackness.
These are the results of our collective efforts.
The Black Lives Matter Global Network is as powerful as it is because of our membership, our partners, our supporters, our staff, and you. Our continued commitment to liberation for all Black people means we are continuing the work of our ancestors and fighting for our collective freedom because it is our duty.
Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.
We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.
We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.
We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.
We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.
We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.
We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.
We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.
We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.
We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.
We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work "double shifts" so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.
We foster a queeraffirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).
We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.
We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another."

TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Wake up

Come TS, try some honesty!

You give 1st paragraph above then at end of 2nd paragraph ask if "Republicans are led by fascists, or by the KKK?"

Seriously you want me to believe a "lifelong republican" would even ask such?

Get honest
Can't you undestand an analogy and use of hyperbole? Surely you don't believe David Dukes is a leader in the Republican Party, eventhough he was elected to the Louisana State legislature as a Republican. In case you didn't know, Republicans came out against slavery and supported helping blacks to assimilate into U.S. culture after the war.

You better believe a lifelong Republican would ask such, and I'm not the only one. There is no place for racism, overt, latent, or hidden, in the Republican Party.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.