Life is too easy

1,658 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OsoCoreyell
BearTruth13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If this is what people get upset about

https://medium.com/@megapeck16/waco-tours-is-a-racist-company-533c9db92a32
Whiskey Pete
BearTruth13 said:

If this is what people get upset about

https://medium.com/@megapeck16/waco-tours-is-a-racist-company-533c9db92a32
Pretty easy to find racism, even where there is none.

Kind of like that phantom back itch people get from time to time that moves around when you go to scratch it.
nein51
I have lived in Waco three times. I have no idea who the person is they are referring to re: the lynching...and why in the world would I want to cover that in a tour of Waco.

That article is a "why you should treat your employees well". All I read is an angry disgruntled former employee.
Jack and DP
Wow
BearTruth13
BearTruth13
nein51 said:

I have lived in Waco three times. I have no idea who the person is they are referring to re: the lynching...and why in the world would I want to cover that in a tour of Waco.

That article is a "why you should treat your employees well". All I read is an angry disgruntled former employee.
I mean it is a real thing.

Waco Horror (1916). Rough story to even read about.

But why someone thinks that that would be shared on a family tour (probably Magnolia visitors) is beyond me.
Jack Bauer
Lost me when I read this...

"In addition to experiencing microaggressions from customers..."

Why doesn't this woman open up a "Waco is a Racist A$$ Town" Tour and see how business goes?
Why do other people have to solve your own issues??
Friscobear
How tempting is it to comment on her article with "Wow, you really look like Jo-Jo!"
nein51
BearTruth13 said:

nein51 said:

But why someone thinks that that would be shared on a family tour (probably Magnolia visitors) is beyond me.

All lynchings are tough to read about. It's a horrible thing. I'm sure the history surrounding the Huaco Indians isn't good either. But I don't do tours to cover that sort of thing.
syme
White shaming your clientele for a few hours seems like a great business model. She's should give that a shot.

On a similar note, anyone seeing a uptick in woke employees lately? They usually don't last long, but boy they go out with a bang. Coincides with poor mental health and life stability in my opinion.
FWBear
BearTruth13 said:

nein51 said:

I can see it now:

"Everyone, please take the box of cupcakes, grab one for yourself, and pass it around . . . oh look, as we approach the downtown courthouse, here is where a young black man was lynched and burned to death over 100 years ago. As you all know, today the City of Waco like literally, I mean figuratively, lynches people of color everyday in one form or other. Who would like another cupcake?"
BearTruth13
FWBear said:

BearTruth13 said:

nein51 said:

I can see it now:

"Everyone, please take the box of cupcakes, grab one for yourself, and pass it around . . . oh look, as we approach the downtown courthouse, here is where a young black man was lynched and burned to death over 100 years ago. As you all know, today the City of Waco like literally, I mean figuratively, lynches people of color everyday in one form or other. Who would like another cupcake?"
And on your left is the Dr. Pepper Museum!

Exactly.

I love that she actually complained about Doris Miller being mentioned (as a token). You know, an American hero in WWII. How dare they mention that?!
FWBear
BearTruth13 said:

FWBear said:

BearTruth13 said:

nein51 said:

I can see it now:

And on your left is the Dr. Pepper Museum!

Exactly.

I love that she actually complained about Doris Miller being mentioned (as a token). You know, an American hero in WWII. How dare they mention that?!
" ... and, as we now know, Dr. Pepper was created by a white man who first tested his syrup on unsuspecting slaves, resulting in the death of countless victims now located in unmarked graves under McLane Stadium where football is played by unpaid black men alongside white kickers at a local university named after a slaveholder."
Canada2017
syme said:

White shaming your clientele for a few hours seems like a great business model. She's should give that a shot.

On a similar note, anyone seeing a uptick in woke employees lately? They usually don't last long, but boy they go out with a bang. Coincides with poor mental health and life stability in my opinion.

All true

Hire wokeness at your own risk .
Jack Bauer
Get woke, go broke. Everytime.

Jack Bauer
Life is too easy, Hulu just pulled this episode from the controversial....Golden Girls because mud masks are racist.

Somehow black and white people watched All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Different Strokes, Sanford and Son and managed to laugh together.

Flaming Moderate
The problem is that stupid white kids that lived with their parents used to only have the people at the coffee shop whine to ... now we give these losers a national forum and actually care what they whine about.
riflebear
Jack Bauer said:

Life is too easy, Hulu just pulled this episode from the controversial....Golden Girls because mud masks are racist.

Somehow black and white people watched All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Different Strokes, Sanford and Son and managed to laugh together.

So we need to find white mud masks when we go to the spa now? I'm having a hard time keeping up with all these changes.
OsoCoreyell
What needs to start happening is that businesses need to sue people like this for libel. There should be consequences for publicly disparaging someone as a racist. It costs some money, but until businesses start to do it, there will be little snowflakes that will do stuff like this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.