Baylor first in Texas be sued for tuition grievances

750 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Robert Wilson
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
https://www.kxxv.com/news/coronavirus/baylor-first-in-texas-be-sued-for-tuition-grievances-many-parents-unsatisfied-with-university-fees-amid-outbreak

midgett
gobears20 said:

https://www.kxxv.com/news/coronavirus/baylor-first-in-texas-be-sued-for-tuition-grievances-many-parents-unsatisfied-with-university-fees-amid-outbreak

I believe there were many parents who felt aggrieved by Baylor's tuition and fees long before the virus outbreak.
4th and Inches
Easy, give them all their money back and take away all the credits they earned last year...

It wasnt like they canceled all the classes and no more college. Also, the fees were assessed and paid long before a pandemic struck world wide...

Now, kids who could no longer live in dorm and not use meal plan do have some legit gripe
Booray
Gruvin said:

Easy, give them all their money back and take away all the credits they earned last year...

It wasnt like they canceled all the classes and no more college. Also, the fees were assessed and paid long before a pandemic struck world wide...

Now, kids who could no longer live in dorm and not use meal plan do have some legit gripe

Dorms, meal plans and parking were prorated. The suit is for "excess tuition" and other fees.
br53
Gruvin said:

Do universities charge less for online classes? If not what is the issue. If so I dont see how you can refund them money for half a semester. Going forward if they can not attend in class lectures and the only option is online coursework then charge them for online tuition/fees and that sort of thing.
nein51
I was on campus yesterday. It looks pretty, well, shabby. Amazing how just a few months of neglect can really change the look of a piece of property. Facilities people are going to be working 12 hour days for a long time if things ever get back to "normal".
br53
nein51 said:

I was on campus yesterday. It looks pretty, well, shabby. Amazing how just a few months of neglect can really change the look of a piece of property. Facilities people are going to be working 12 hour days for a long time if things ever get back to "normal".
Why arent they working on the appearance now? They could be out there painting, pressure washing and doing maintenance work with a mask on their face. I do it at my house.
nein51
br53 said:

nein51 said:

Why arent they working on the appearance now? They could be out there painting, pressure washing and doing maintenance work with a mask on their face. I do it at my house.

My assumption is budget. The white/marble signs look like crap, the grass needs cut, the bushes/flowers need trimmed, etc.

I think we saw a total of 5 people on campus yesterday. Easily the least amount of people I've ever seen. Weird vibe for sure.
br53
nein51 said:

br53 said:

nein51 said:

My assumption is budget. The white/marble signs look like crap, the grass needs cut, the bushes/flowers need trimmed, etc.

I think we saw a total of 5 people on campus yesterday. Easily the least amount of people I've ever seen. Weird vibe for sure.
Don't they have a contract with someone to cut the grass? I know BU did not cut the grass when I was in school and that Waco Groundskeeper had the contract then it was changed to Aramark or someone like to that to provide the grounds maintenance. It can not be that easy to just change the contract.
nein51
br53 said:

nein51 said:

br53 said:

nein51 said:

Don't they have a contract with someone to cut the grass? I know BU did not cut the grass when I was in school and that Waco Groundskeeper had the contract then it was changed to Aramark or someone like to that to provide the grounds maintenance. It can not be that easy to just change the contract.

I have no idea. The facilities building has moved and there are a BOATLOAD of vehicles. It's a guess but I think they might manage that stuff in house now.
Robert Wilson
State schools will get through this fine. PUF, low tuition, and all that.

The big private schools, especially ones that are as heavily tuition dependent as Baylor, if this keeps dragging out it is going to get tricky...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.