Trump tweet about Nascar this morning

4,818 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Doc Holliday
BearTruth13
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I'm convinced he is trying to lose at this point.

Why would you even bring this up? No one cares about Nascar. The ones that do are already voting for you. And supporting the Confederate flag at this point is just political malpractice.
sombear
Idiotic
ValhallaBear
Looks like Trump has given up on the 'I think I can get blacks to vote for me' strategy
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ValhallaBear said:

Looks like Trump has given up on the 'I think I can get blacks to vote for me' strategy
That's okay. Kanye's got his back!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
blackie
Barring the unforeseen, we have two candidates that have no business even sniffing the White House. The mental acumen of both are questionable. Statements like this are why many people are in the boat of anyone but Trump. You don't have to be excited about Biden other than he is not Trump. We don't need this loose cannon in the White House that can't differentiate the relative significance of anything and what should just be ignored.

He can't even understand that he is not going to lose his base, but his base alone will not get him elected. He does everything possible to drive off anyone not in his base....and he is going to take the Senate with him.
Doc Holliday
I like this tweet.

Bubba Wallace and NASCAR are pieces of crap for even showing a hint of concern over that garage rope. They put on a show against "this act of racism" before the FBI called him and NASCAR out. Disgusting.

Y'all gotta stop being politically correct or you might as well hand over this country to the radical left. Stop trying to play nice.
BearTruth13
Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

Bubba Wallace and NASCAR are pieces of crap for even showing a hint of concern over that garage rope. The stood against "this act of racism" before the FBI called him and NASCAR out.

Y'all gotta stop being politically correct or you might as well hand over this country to the radical left. Stop trying to play nice.
He is going to lose the election with tweets like this. Plain and simple. Does nothing but reinforce a narrative the media paints.
Doc Holliday
BearTruth13 said:

Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

Bubba Wallace and NASCAR are pieces of crap for even showing a hint of concern over that garage rope. The stood against "this act of racism" before the FBI called him and NASCAR out.

He is going to lose the election with tweets like this. Plain and simple. Does nothing but reinforce a narrative the media paints.
If this tweet loses him the election then the country is already lost and not capable of saving.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
"NASCAR. What a crazy cracker sport that is!" - - Sweet Daddie Dee (Not me)
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
STxBear81
I'm all for Trump. But he doesn't need to tweet nonsense. He is his own worst enemy at times
bear2be2
BearTruth13 said:

Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

Exactly, if anyone is going to hand the country over to the left, it's Trump. He's pushing moderate Republicans and centrists in that direction and galvanizing existing liberals.

His small tent strategy is a political loser and he's too damn stupid to understand that, so he keeps doubling and tripling down on the same exclusionary ***** It's like he's trying to lose the election.
sombear
Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

Bubba Wallace and NASCAR are pieces of crap for even showing a hint of concern over that garage rope. They put on a show against "this act of racism" before the FBI called him and NASCAR out. Disgusting.

I despise PC culture and actually love how Trump takes it on. Sometimes he goes too far. He did here. Someone reported a noose during a very sensitive time. The noose was not a hoax. It was an incredible coincidence that it was in Bubba's garage. If I were Bubba or NASCAR, I would have assumed the same thing and investigated. Strange coincidences can make a lot of folks look bad. No reason for Trump to chime in now. Bubba wears a USA flag face mask and stands for anthem with his hand to his heart. I applaud him.
Doc Holliday
sombear said:

Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

I despise PC culture and actually love how Trump takes it on. Sometimes he goes too far. He did here. Someone reported a noose during a very sensitive time. The noose was not a hoax. It was an incredible coincidence that it was in Bubba's garage. If I were Bubba or NASCAR, I would have assumed the same thing and investigated. Strange coincidences can make a lot of folks look bad. No reason for Trump to chime in now. Bubba wears a USA flag face mask and stands for anthem with his hand to his heart. I applaud him.
When he decided to have other NASCAR drivers walk with him to "show support" against this "act of racism"...that's when he lost his defense and made his situation dangerous and bad for America. Grandstanding like that only pushes one message "white people are suspect racists and more inclined to be racist". That's THE ONLY message getting through.

He needs to apologize for gaslighting this situation and so does NASCAR.

We are faking and larping victimhood while actual children are being murdered in Chicago with ZERO outrage. This is why privileged Bubba needs to apologize.
whiterock
a bowline knot. A friggin bowline knot. A knot who's purpose is to create a loop that does NOT slip closed. A knot that fishermen and soldiers all over the world have used uncontentiously for centuries. Exactly the kind of knot one would tie to make it possible to stick a finger thru to get a better handle on the rope.

And we send the FBI to investigate it.

Trump is right to ridicule this. It's simply idiotic.

Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

"5. Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It's irrational. It's infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions."
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

I'm convinced he is trying to lose at this point.

Why would you even bring this up? No one cares about Nascar. The ones that do are already voting for you. And supporting the Confederate flag at this point is just political malpractice.
I had the exact same thought. He is tired of it, and is literally throwing the election.

This will make a tiny minority happy, but that's it. Ridiculously stupid tweet for him, and that is saying something.
FWBear
Would be great if Trump would never tweet again. Great policies. Less than ideal personality and clumsy tweeter.
Mothra
Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

The problem is, even if the tweet is true, how does this help get him re-elected? Why weigh in on this old news at this point? Those who liked these comments (such as yourself) were going to vote for him anyway, but now he's alienated even more people who might have considered voting for him. He's got to think of the election and convincing those outside his base to support him, again. This doesn't help with that in the least.

He just can't control himself on twitter. He HAS to stop being so divisive, or he's going to lose in a landslide. It's probably already too late.
Mothra
Doc Holliday said:

BearTruth13 said:

Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

If this tweet loses him the election then the country is already lost and not capable of saving.
It's not just this tweet, but the plethora of those like it. I already have conservative family members that have decided to vote third party over Trump. He's alienating people.
Canada2017
BornAgain said:

I'm all for Trump. But he doesn't need to tweet nonsense. He is his own worst enemy at times

Trump might as well have some fun on his way out .

Regardless of what he tweets , regardless if Biden literally spits on himself and can't remember his name by November....

the C-19 pandemic and it's continuing effect on the national economy is going to insure a 78 year old dementia case will soon be living in the White House .
Doc Holliday
Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

BearTruth13 said:

Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

It's not just this tweet, but the plethora of those like it. I already have conservative family members that have decided to vote third party over Trump. He's alienating people.
Curious, what in those tweets do they not like?

They're probably frustrated with the constant outrage at Trump's tweets, not his actual tweets.
cinque
This thread is glorious!
Robert Wilson
The Bubba Wallace thing was preposterous. That was not a noose. Everyone around it acted like a terrified ninny because a bowline knot creating a garage pull looks kinda like a noose, but operates exactly not like a noose. Those were documented to have been there for well over a year, and then Wallace doubled down on it the next day before he came to his senses. The whole thing was embarrassing.

Trump has decided, for better or worse, to start calling out all this tiptoeing, namby pamby, scared-of-your-shadow behavior out for what it is. I don't know how it will work out for him. But I will say this: I thought his instincts were wrong in 2016. The polls thought he was wrong in 2016, yet he schooled a boatload of professional politicians. Biden is very unimpressive. We shall see.
blackie
BornAgain said:

Sad thing is he doesn't think what he tweets is nonsense. He can't see past his ego.
Booray
In a statement posted on Twitter on Wednesday, Wallace said he was relieved "that the investigation revealed that this wasn't what we feared it was."

"I think we'll gladly take a little embarrassment over what the alternatives could have been," he added.
The discovery of the noose came amid national protests over police brutality and systemic racism following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis last month, and NASCAR's recent ban of the Confederate battle flag from its events and properties. Wallace, who called for the ban, had also unveiled a "Black Lives Matter" message on his race car this month.

On Thursday, Phelps defended his initial response.
"Should we have toned that message down slightly? Maybe we should have," he said. "And I'll take responsibility for that. I stand by the actions that we took and I think they were the right ones."

As part of NASCAR's investigation, 1,684 garage areas across 29 racetracks were inspected, he said. Only 11 pull-down ropes tied into a knot were found and only one of those the one found in Wallace's garage was tied in a noose, he said.Phelps said he was surprised by the results of the federal investigation, since he and others initially believed it may have been a hate crime.He said he was troubled by the idea that several people saw the noose before it was brought to the attention of NASCAR officials."Odds are someone saw it and didn't react negatively to it," Phelps said. "So we need to make sure that doesn't happen in the future."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/sports/autoracing/nascar-noose-bubba-wallace.html

That reaction from Wallace and NASCAR really should have been the end of it.
corncob pipe
Bubba Wallace said " a noose was put in my garage" and "left hanging over my car". That was false.

Wallace also told Don Lemon (CNN) he was personally involved in the decisions about advancing the story within NASCAR. [Despite previously saying he had nothing to do with it].

Black Lies Matter
HuMcK
Did you actually see the knot? It wasn't even close to a bowline, and it was the only pulldown rope tied like it was in all of NASCARs bays at all tracks (according to NASCAR).
Osodecentx
blackie said:

Barring the unforeseen, we have two candidates that have no business even sniffing the White House. The mental acumen of both are questionable. Statements like this are why many people are in the boat of anyone but Trump. You don't have to be excited about Biden other than he is not Trump.

He can't even understand that he is not going to lose his base, but his base alone will not get him elected. He does everything possible to drive off anyone not in his base....and he is going to take the Senate with him.
I believe this is true
HuMcK
blackie said:

Barring the unforeseen, we have two candidates that have no business even sniffing the White House. The mental acumen of both are questionable. Statements like this are why many people are in the boat of anyone but Trump. You don't have to be excited about Biden other than he is not Trump. We don't need this loose cannon in the White House that can't differentiate the relative significance of anything and what should just be ignored.

I seriously can't wait for this narrative about Biden having dementia to finally die out after a televised debate. I believed that crap about Biden at first too, then I watched him debate bernie. Biden has slowed down and has always stumbled over word associations (legit symptoms of a stutter), but he isn't incoherent in his thoughts or unable to stay on topic like Trump is.
BearTruth13
Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

BearTruth13 said:

Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

Curious, what in those tweets do they not like?

They're probably frustrated with the constant outrage at Trump's tweets, not his actual tweets.
I don't like him accusing Morning Joe of murder.

I don't like when he publicly supports the Confederate flag in tweets (like this morning).

I don't like when he clearly doesn't pay attention and retweets a video or something with "white power!" in it.

I don't like him publicly shaming his former Cabinet members on Twitter and calling them "very stupid, dumber than a box of rocks, etc."

Saying he should have left American citizens in jail in China (Levar Ball situation) because they don't like him.

Not a fan of his weird old man tweets like "RIGGED", "FAKE NEWS", "SAD", etc.

There are so many just terrible Trump tweets it is hard to know where to begin.
PartyBear
Trump doesnt even remember that Desert Storm was not literally the Vietnam War.
Robert Wilson
corncob pipe said:

Bubba Wallace said " a noose was put in my garage" and "left hanging over my car". That was false.

Wallace also told Don Lemon (CNN) he was personally involved in the decisions about advancing the story within NASCAR. [Despite previously saying he had nothing to do with it].

Black Lies Matter
The interview he gave that Booray posted was what Wallace should've said immediately after we sent about a dozen FBI agents (for the love of God) to check out a pulldown rope in a garage, which investigation showed it was not a noose. He then doubled down with Don Lemmon that it still was in fact a noose. It was not. They continued to say that in Booray's article. It wasn't a noose. It was a pull-down rope that resembled a noose, assuming you don't know what a noose is. Everyone is acting like a panicked ninny, and it is ridiculous. Everyone is also afraid of being cancelled, losing their jobs, getting twitter mobbed, etc. That's what Trump is leaning into right now, if you watched any of his speech the other night. Like I said, I don't know how it goes, but that's his calculation.
riflebear
I agree w/ what Doc has said in this thread about the reasons behind the tweet but there was no reason at all to tweet this now. The news cycle had moved on, it was in the past and no one was even thinking about it anymore. This is the bad Trump, whenever there is bad press going on from the other side Trump can't help himself and keep quiet. Just let the news cycle run its course and focus on someone else for a change.
riflebear
LOL

HuMcK
Robert Wilson said:

corncob pipe said:

Black Lies Matter
The interview he gave that Booray posted was what Wallace should've said immediately after we sent about a dozen FBI agents (for the love of God) to check out a pulldown rope in a garage, which investigation showed it was not a noose. He then doubled down with Don Lemmon that it still was in fact a noose. It was not. They continued to say that in Booray's article. It wasn't a noose. It was a pull-down rope that resembled a noose, assuming you don't know what a noose is. Everyone is acting like a panicked ninny, and it is ridiculous. Everyone is also afraid of being cancelled, losing their jobs, getting twitter mobbed, etc. That's what Trump is leaning into right now, if you watched any of his speech the other night. Like I said, I don't know how it goes, but that's his calculation.

Why do people keep saying that? It most certainly was a noose, the only pulldown rop tied like that in all bays at all NASCAR tracks in fact, it just seemingly wasn't directed at Wallace. You can look at the pic and plainly see that it was a noose, to say otherwise is not correct.
Mothra
Robert Wilson said:

The Bubba Wallace thing was preposterous. That was not a noose. Everyone around it acted like a terrified ninny because a bowline knot creating a garage pull looks kinda like a noose, but operates exactly not like a noose. Those were documented to have been there for well over a year, and then Wallace doubled down on it the next day before he came to his senses. The whole thing was embarrassing.

Trump has decided, for better or worse, to start calling out all this tiptoeing, namby pamby, scared-of-your-shadow behavior out for what it is. I don't know how it will work out for him. But I will say this: I thought his instincts were wrong in 2016. The polls thought he was wrong in 2016, yet he schooled a boatload of professional politicians. Biden is very unimpressive. We shall see.
I don't have a problem with that. I do think our conservative politicians need to be speaking truth to the b.s. I just think there are PLENTY of things to comment on other than this issue. Calling out Wallace, two weeks later, when it is widely reported his crew reported the noose and not him, and then after he apologized, is just piling on an unnecessary.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.