Saving Biden from debates with Trump

2,419 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by riflebear
Booray
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friscobear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

Anybody who thinks Donald Trump isn't hiding all sorts of stuff by refusing to release his taxes isn't going to change their mind if the returns are released.

And a candidate for POTUS should be able to fact check his opponent.

I am all for Joe debating so he can put the only reason to vote against him-"the dementia Joe"
story line-to rest. If he does, he will bury Trump in the election.
Dementia Joe will get destroyed. They'll make ludicrous demands so they can back out and blame Trump - like they always do.
Unlikely. I watched Biden debate Bernie one-on-one at the tail end of the primary campaign. Lasted several hours and Bernie is a good debater. Joe was fine. He does not have dementia or any serious cognitive issue and the independents need to see that.

And I will guarantee the debates will go forward.
Early onset dementia patients have good and bad days.

I sincerely hope that Biden does not have it. I wouldn't wish that hell on anyone, but I do see similarities in some of his appearances that remind me of my father who is going through this.
Prayer to you on this.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Friscobear said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

Anybody who thinks Donald Trump isn't hiding all sorts of stuff by refusing to release his taxes isn't going to change their mind if the returns are released.

I am all for Joe debating so he can put the only reason to vote against him-"the dementia Joe"
Dementia Joe will get destroyed. They'll make ludicrous demands so they can back out and blame Trump - like they always do.
Unlikely. I watched Biden debate Bernie one-on-one at the tail end of the primary campaign. Lasted several hours and Bernie is a good debater. Joe was fine. He does not have dementia or any serious cognitive issue and the independents need to see that.

And I will guarantee the debates will go forward.
Early onset dementia patients have good and bad days.

I sincerely hope that Biden does not have it. I wouldn't wish that hell on anyone, but I do see similarities in some of his appearances that remind me of my father who is going through this.
God Bless you and your family, Frisco. I know what you're going through. My Dad battled Alzheimer's for nine years before he passed. Very subtle forgetfulness in the beginning. The last year or so was really bad. His last couple of months, he thought I was his little brother.

Hang tough Sir!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
ScruffyD
It is mind bending how anyone can make these claims about Biden, yet look at Trump or listen to him and think 'wow, sharp as a tack, no mental issues with this guy'

Or maybe it is just what they are being fed on Fox every night so it works.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ScruffyD said:

It is mind bending how anyone can make these claims about Biden, yet look at Trump or listen to him and think 'wow, sharp as a tack, no mental issues with this guy'

Or maybe it is just what they are being fed on Fox every night so it works.
In my 57 years of life, I have not seen many dementia or Alzheimer's stricken people that can stand at a podium and speak for an hour and a half. I am concerned about Biden being able to find the podium.

-- Barack Obama
ScruffyD
what does standing at a podium for an hour and a half tell you? have you seen them be able to walk down a flight of stairs? drink from a water glass? not slur their words? i can find as many of Trump doing this as you can of Biden doing...i guess not standing at a podium for an hour and half.

ScruffyD
I'd say if he cannot find the podium let's regroup...meantime you will easily be able to find your orange leader unable to find his car when getting off the airplane. when it is right in front of him.
riflebear
ScruffyD said:

so you are fine with one not releasing their tax returns? of course the supreme court rules on this tomorrow so this could all be for naught.

this has been done before btw. Rick Perry would not debate Bill White unless he released his. no debate. Texans didnt seem to mind.
You do realize Trump has been President for over 3 years now, right? What does it matter now?

Hillary didn't demand that so why now?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ScruffyD said:

I'd say if he cannot find the podium let's regroup...meantime you will easily be able to find your orange leader unable to find his car when getting off the airplane. when it is right in front of him.
So you agree the best way to settle this would to put them together on the debate stage (6' apart of course) and get after it? I think so. What do you think, Scruffy?

-- Barack Obama
ScruffyD
so if he's committed a crime its ok because he has already served one term as a US president? what a low bar you have set.
FWBear
Booray said:

People who don't pay taxes critiquing complicated tax returns . . . lmfao, that would amount to a huge bag of seeds for more fake news.
ScruffyD
Sure that really doesn't bother me at all. And I am sure there is going to be a debate of some format with no tax return requirements. I do think its unfair that Trump has prior wrestling experience. But the two of them facing off doesn't bother me much.

I say 'much' because I bet Biden will stutter and stammer some and many of you will pounce on that. Whereas Trump could literally have one of his shoe lifts fall out and eat it, and it wouldn't be a thing to a one of you. Totally normal, you would say. It is his way of showing the establishment who is boss!!

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ScruffyD said:

Sure that really doesn't bother me at all. And I am sure there is going to be a debate of some format with no tax return requirements. I do think its unfair that Trump has prior wrestling experience. But the two of them facing off doesn't bother me much.

I say 'much' because I bet Biden will stutter and stammer some and many of you will pounce on that. Whereas Trump could literally have one of his shoe lifts fall out and eat it, and it wouldn't be a thing to a one of you. Totally normal, you would say. It is his way of showing the establishment who is boss!!

I would love for Trump to say "Okay Sleepy Joe. You can see my tax returns just as long as we can see yours and your son Hunter's tax returns as well."

-- Barack Obama
Username checks out
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ScruffyD said:

I would love for Trump to say "Okay Sleepy Joe. You can see my tax returns just as long as we can see yours and your son Hunter's tax returns as well."

Joe Biden already released his tax returns. We both know that Trump will never voluntarily release his tax returns, no matter what cute agreement you can cook up.
ScruffyD
First off, Biden has released his.

I would provide anything at all on Hunter provided Trump does same for his kids who steal money from kids with cancer. Well not just on that one, all of them.

Also his sister who had to retire as a federal appellate judge in order to end an investigation into whether she violated judicial contact rules by participating in fraudulent tax schemes with her siblings. I'd want her to release a whole bunch of stuff.

What do you say to that RD2?!

Let's just get a bunch of folks releasing stuff and see who looks worse. Cannot imagine how that will play out.

Maybe they could perform a drug test on stage and have Maury provide results. And we could see how much Adderall Trump snorted before the debate?
riflebear
ScruffyD said:

so if he's committed a crime its ok because he has already served one term as a US president? what a low bar you have set.
Keep dreaming.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ScruffyD said:

First off, Biden has released his.

I would provide anything at all on Hunter provided Trump does same for his kids who steal money from kids with cancer. Well not just on that one, all of them.

Also his sister who had to retire as a federal appellate judge in order to end an investigation into whether she violated judicial contact rules by participating in fraudulent tax schemes with her siblings. I'd want her to release a whole bunch of stuff.

What do you say to that RD2?!

Let's just get a bunch of folks releasing stuff and see who looks worse. Cannot imagine how that will play out.

Maybe they could perform a drug test on stage and have Maury provide results. And we could see how much Adderall Trump snorted before the debate?
I wish the releasing of tax returns was a requirement for not only the President, but every single member of Congress. How soon do you think we will see a bill on this? LOL!

I need a favor of you Scruffy. I would like to see copies of your tax returns from the last three years. I will send you my mailing address in a PM. Is that okay? If not, why not?

-- Barack Obama
ScruffyD
mine are pretty boring to be honest. and if i ever decide to run for any office and it was asked of me, I would provide. Even for dog catcher.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ScruffyD said:

mine are pretty boring to be honest. and if i ever decide to run for any office and it was asked of me, I would provide. Even for dog catcher.
When it comes to income taxes, simple and boring is good!

-- Barack Obama
Oldbear83
The tax return issue, politically, was settled in 2016. Trump did not release his, but the voters elected him anyway.

No reason to revisit that one.

We actually have serious issues at hand, like whether to respect the rule of law, whether the Bill of Rights can be ignored by mayors/governors, or whether it's OK to use the powers of your office to spy on the other party's nominee and frame innocent people.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
ScruffyD said:

So if he's committed a crime its ok because he has already served two terms as a US vice president? what a low bar you have set.
ScruffyD
that's just sophomoric. where have i said that anything Biden has or has not done is to not be released or able for the public to view?

Trump has not released his tax returns. Biden has.

What are you arguing here?
Osodecentx
ScruffyD said:

that's just sophomoric. where have i said that anything Biden has or has not done is to not be released or able for the public to view?

Trump has not released his tax returns. Biden has.

What are you arguing here?
Not releasing taxes isn't a crime. Giving benefits to your son by withholding foreign aid to an ally may be. I'm curious about the benefits to Hunter
ScruffyD
ok well you are halfway involved in two different discussions here and melding them together to fit a point you want to make, I guess.

no one has said not releasing your taxes is a crime. if something in them points to one, that would be worth knowing. i am pretty sure that audit he was clinging to is over. if not, i bet he could push it along.

anything regarding Biden and Hunter and all of that is fair game. You know the Senate could investigate this at any time.

and as I've said before, if Trump wants to make it about their children, I would be all over that if i were Biden. Maybe Biden could take a page from Trump's playbook and invite some kids with cancer, who Eric and Ivanka stole from, to the debate and sit in the audience.
Osodecentx
ScruffyD said:

ok well you are halfway involved in two different discussions here and melding them together to fit a point you want to make, I guess.

no one has said not releasing your taxes is a crime. if something in them points to one, that would be worth knowing. i am pretty sure that audit he was clinging to is over. if not, i bet he could push it along.

anything regarding Biden and Hunter and all of that is fair game. You know the Senate could investigate this at any time.

and as I've said before, if Trump wants to make it about their children, I would be all over that if i were Biden. Maybe Biden could take a page from Trump's playbook and invite some kids with cancer, who Eric and Ivanka stole from, to the debate and sit in the audience.
Those closest to Biden don't won't him to debate Trump. Friedman put forth 2 reasons. This is just the beginning of the effort.

Reagan left office when he was 77. Biden will be sworn in when he is 78.
ScruffyD
And Trump would be 75 I think.
Osodecentx
ScruffyD said:

And Trump would be 75 I think.
or 79 if he wins. I think that is unlikely
riflebear
Seriously - can someone show me a video of Biden in the last few months where he talks for more than 60 seconds where he doesn't screw up?

riflebear
Johnny Bear
Booray said:

The fact that Biden has at least the onset of dementia is a huge reason in and of itself to not vote for him - at least for voters that have half of a brain or more (which I realize does sadly exclude a lot of voters out there). There are a number of other reasons as well, but that one alone should be enough. And trust me, if dementia Joe does debate Trump he most certainly won't put that story line to rest.

As far as the tax return crap goes, what do people think Trump is "hiding" that hasn't been discovered by the IRS agents who are constantly and continually auditing his returns (and the IRS isn't deploying rookie trainees to audit massive and complicated tax returns such as the ones Trump files)? If he's cheating or committing tax fraud, does anybody seriously think some CNN contributor or some Woodward/Bernstein type is going to be the first one to find it?? Besides the FACT that it is a good idea to not release tax returns under audit (i.e. who knows how the returns are going to be ultimately altered or changed when settlement/resolution hasn't occurred per an audit or audits), Trump knows the only reason enemies want to see his tax returns is to nitpick them and take advantage of the generally prevailing ignorance out there on how tax law works especially within the context of complicated/involved returns, and how successful business people LEGALLY take advantage of deductions, adjustments, and credits, etc. They want to use it to attack him for things like paying a far lower percentage of income taxes than your basic average factory worker, etc. - which I for one sure hope he is, because otherwise, he's a moron. Anyway, tax returns in general don't tell you that much about a person's true financial condition - they just tell you what their income was in a given year (as the government defines income) and what they did to take advantage of ways to reduce that income to arrive at their "taxable income" and pay the lowest amount they can. Period.
cinque
Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

I'm pretty sure people here will not change their mind.
I'm pretty sure that you'll be voting for Biden regardless of Joe's debate performance.

Do you want Joe to debate Trump or find a way to not debate?
I definitely want Joe to debate Trump. All he has to do is review Trump's record.
Oldbear83
cinque said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

I'm pretty sure that you'll be voting for Biden regardless of Joe's debate performance.

I definitely want Joe to debate Biden. All he has to do is review Trump's record.
Trump's 42-month record in office certainly is more impressive than BIden's 47-year record.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Flaming Moderate
The TDSers would vote for Hitler, Stalin, Mao, or Pol Pot. They cray.

Of course, ask them for three policies of Trump they disagree with and you'll get crickets.
Friscobear
If Joe debates Biden, he's in trouble.
DioNoZeus
cinque said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

I definitely want Joe to debate Biden. All he has to do is review Trump's record.
Yes, the decision will be obvious when he mentions that Fred Trump was investigated for profiteering by the Senate in 1954.
riflebear
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.