Call Your Shot: Post-Election Wuhan Coverage

1,242 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ShooterTX
Flaming Moderate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone think we'll hear much about Wuhan Virus after the election?

My take: we might get a soft weekly update, but the corporate media hysteria will go from 11 to 1 overnight. If Trump wins, they'll be covering the riots and looting. If Quid Pro Joe wins, they'll be celebrating.
George Truett
I think we'll have actual leadership on the issue.

We'll have several task forces working and regular reports.

We'll have actual scientists and experts leading and directing us instead of politicians.

We'll also have the reestablishment of a pandemic team at the White House, reversing what Trump eliminated.

Also, you and your ilk have said they'll be riots and looting if Trump wins and riots and looting if Trump looses.

Which is it?
STxBear81
The Gates foundation and crooked Hillary and corrupt Obama will control the vaccine for COV 19. The WHO will be ecstatic to tell more lies. Fauci will be able to Sign lucrative Chinese deals endorsing toothless masks. Flynn will lose someone stars and be a Corporal. BLM has its own province in Tijuana. All but Texas will be CCP....the wuhan will be old news
Johnny Bear
Flaming Moderate said:

My take: we might get a soft weekly update, but the corporate media hysteria will go from 11 to 1 overnight. If Trump wins, they'll be covering the riots and looting. If Quid Pro Joe wins, they'll be celebrating.

As far as the MSM goes, I agree. If Trump wins they'll just move on to whatever the next fabricated bogus thing is to at that point try to end his 2nd term prematurely. If Biden wins (after congratulating themselves for mission finally accomplished) they'll feel the need to clear the deck for his presidency and do their part to not burden him with a silly little thing like a pandemic. In either case I'm not going to be surprised if the 24/7 Covid media hysteria goes to at most a highly diminished occasional news item and the MSM will overnight develop a "whatever" type attitude about things like mask wearing and social distancing - regardless of what the virus is doing at that point.

And finally, I'll bet whatever remaining MSM resistance there is to reopening everything will at that point go away so fast it'll make your head spin.
Jack and DP
Will politicians be ready to give up the control that they've taken over the people?
ShooterTX
If Trump wins, then the media will report on each and every death, with extreme drama.

If Joe wins... the Wuhan Virus will suddenly disappear.

This is no different than soldiers dying overseas, or illegals coming across the border. It only matters to the media if it can hurt the Republicans, but as soon as Obama was elected... poof... it all just went away.
57Bear
If Trump wins, it may become the China virus again.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Regardless of who wins, the mainstream news media will give a Covid-19 update similar to the 15 second allergens report they do during the weather portion of the newscast. Cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other diseases will suddenly reappear after taking the last eight months off.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
D. C. Bear
I am hoping that it will be covered less because of the major success of new treatments and vaccines.
HuMcK
Back on 3/16, in response to a thread titled "Call it: How many US deaths from COVID-19", Flaming Moderate wrote "I'll take 5000, Alex". We are now approaching 140,000 deaths.

You'd think people would learn not to make bold predictions so often...
bear2be2
HuMcK said:

Back on 3/16, in response to a thread titled "Call it: How many US deaths from COVID-19", Flaming Moderate wrote "I'll take 5000, Alex". We are now approaching 140,000 deaths.

That's been one of my biggest frustrations with this. The COVID-hoaxers' opinions and talking points remain consistent despite all conflicting evidence -- of which there's a mountain. They convinced themselves early on that this is political/not really a threat and refuse to budge from that stance/evolve with the data. It's maddening.
Johnny Bear
ShooterTX said:

If Trump wins, then the media will report on each and every death, with extreme drama.

If Joe wins... the Wuhan Virus will suddenly disappear.

This is no different than soldiers dying overseas, or illegals coming across the border. It only matters to the media if it can hurt the Republicans, but as soon as Obama was elected... poof... it all just went away.

If Trump wins, it will be evident to the MSM that exploiting Covid didn't do the trick because he survived the election and is still POTUS. Thus, there'll be no benefit to dramatizing Covid related deaths at that point. They won't give up trying to facilitate and support additional coup attempts based on made up crap to keep him from serving all four years of his second term, but Covid will be a thing of the past.

I agree with the rest of your post. And the same was true when Bill Clinton was elected pre-Obama.
Flaming Moderate
HuMcK said:

I did not expect Democrat governors to send infected patients into nursing homes. I should have given the IQ of the average idiot, but I gave too much credit.
Flaming Moderate
bear2be2 said:

HuMcK said:

That's been one of my biggest frustrations with this. The COVID-hoaxers' opinions and talking points remain consistent despite all conflicting evidence -- of which there's a mountain. They convinced themselves early on that this is political/not really a threat and refuse to budge from that stance/evolve with the data. It's maddening.
CB - and all this time I thought your biggest frustration would be missing recess next year.
bear2be2
Flaming Moderate said:

bear2be2 said:

HuMcK said:

CB - and all this time I thought your biggest frustration would be missing recess next year.
Good one. Maybe you could start another thread about it.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
bear2be2 said:

HuMcK said:

People have lost their jobs. Their careers. Their livelihoods. They convinced themselves early on that this is political/not really a threat and refuse to budge from that stance in the food bank line/ evolve with the data. It's maddening.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
bear2be2
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

HuMcK said:

People have lost their jobs. Their careers. Their livelihoods. They convinced themselves early on that this is political/not really a threat and refuse to budge from that stance in the food bank line/ evolve with the data. It's maddening.
No one who takes COVID-19 seriously has denied the impact it has had/will have on the economy/economic well-being of American citizens. That was acknowledged at the outset. We have merely prioritized containing the virus and mitigating its destruction over futile measures to salvage the economy in the middle of a once-in-a-century global pandemic -- most of which are/were doomed to prolong the virus' impact and our economic suffering in the long run.
Mitch Henessey
"Flaming Moderate." Homeboy's handle is the biggest misnomer on this site - which is saying an awful lot.
nein51
It will be covered as much as the immigration on the southern border is covered now. I bet you didn't even know that entire issue just cleared itself right up. Poof. Vanished.
jupiter
blackie
Flaming Moderate said:

HuMcK said:

I did not expect Democrat governors to send infected patients into nursing homes. I should have given the IQ of the average idiot, but I gave too much credit.
Texas and Florida combined have well over 5000. They are Reps. The average idiots are those that dismissed this thing out of hand as a way that the entire world was trying to bring down Trump. As it turns out Trump is doing it to himself....acting like the village idiot.
LTbear
Flaming Moderate said:

Posted up-thread, but FM himself can be found 20 seconds in on this particular topic:
LTbear
Mitch Henessey said:

"Flaming Moderate." Homeboy's handle is the biggest misnomer on this site - which is saying an awful lot.
It really is. I used to think he just misjudged himself, but after reading more than about 10-15 of his posts it became clear his handle is intentionally misleading. Little dude thinks he's cute.
ShooterTX
jupiter said:

That's really funny... but he might want to look into how many people survived the Titanic because of their life jackets. The life jackets just made it easier to find the dead bodies... hypothermia don't care if you can tread water or not.

Life boats are a whole different thing.

A better analogy would be to have someone pretend to be a survival expert, running up & down the decks telling everyone that life boats won't save you.... so we need to save them for just the crew to use. Then a few minutes later, the same expert is running around telling people that only certain life boats will save you, while others will actually kill you. Then a little later the same expert is saying that any life boat is good enough, even a life boat you make yourself from a mattress or deck chair or shuffle board sticks. Then about 20 minutes later the expert says that, of course a life boat will save you... and anyone who ever said they wouldn't save you, is just a fool... then you playback the video of the expert advice from the previous hour or so... and then someone calls you a racist for no particular reason.

2020 has been a hell of a year so far.... when is it over again??
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.