How much worse would things be if Hillary Clinton had been elected?

2,362 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by fadskier
blackie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wuzzybear said:

FWBear said:

Honestly, Hillary wouldn't have been a good President, but I'm not sure this media/leftist insanity would have taken off had she won. In that respect, maybe we wouldn't be so close to the fringe of self-destruction.
Are you speaking of OUR OWN self-destruction or the USA? You have to know that all the corruption in the FBI, CIA, etc. would have never shown itself and worse, it would continue to this very day. Trump has the kahunas to week these people out but people in his own party are weak. We need 535 Congressional Trumps!
In other words tear up the Constitution, have no rule of law to hold politicians accountable and basically reduce the country to the whims of people that have no experience in dealing with our friends or enemies unheard of in this country and split the country between the haves and have-nots like never before.. It is a nightmare just thinking about it We ended the civil war in 1865, we don't need another.

That may be the country you want. I sure don't. You would have to be watching your back 24x7. It would be worse that Germany in WWII not knowing who was going to rat you out regardless of what you did. Every friend would be nothing more than someone wanting to replace you or what you have. Fortunately the voting public is not that dumb.
Username checks out
fadskier said:

BearTruth13 said:

I actually think life would be better. And I don't like Clinton at all.

But the country wouldn't be nearly as hostile, I do think the virus would be more under control, the deficit would likely be lower as the Republican Senate would have warred with her.

Trade off would be that we lose the tax cuts and Supreme Court justices.

But I do believe the national mood would be less militant on both sides. Trump has brought out the worst in the left and honestly the worst of the right as well.
Trump's election brought out the worst in the left because they lost....their temper tantrums brought out the worst on the right.

Trump's designed strategy is to divide and bring out the worst in people. Jim Mattis had him pegged perfectly in that regard. He has hijacked conservativism into a Trumpism, which - with no hyperbole intended - is eerily fascist. Although I think he's overstepped and will get booted in November, the best healing our country could have is for him to lose in a landslide repudiation. Republicans had their turn and need an election cycle or two to wander in the wilderness.
Thee University
Hillary always reminded me of Boo, the character in Orange is the New Black.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
BaylorFTW
Username checks out said:

fadskier said:

BearTruth13 said:

But the country wouldn't be nearly as hostile, I do think the virus would be more under control, the deficit would likely be lower as the Republican Senate would have warred with her.

But I do believe the national mood would be less militant on both sides. Trump has brought out the worst in the left and honestly the worst of the right as well.
Trump's election brought out the worst in the left because they lost....their temper tantrums brought out the worst on the right.

Trump's designed strategy is to divide and bring out the worst in people.

Yeah, right because Hillary was known for being such a uniter. Have you forgotten her Super Predators comment, or deplorables comment or Benghazi and so on. And when you look at other leftists groups like BLM, they certainly are perfectly fine with dividing people and bring the worst out in people.

Jim Mattis had him pegged perfectly in that regard. He has hijacked conservativism into a Trumpism, which - with no hyperbole intended - is eerily fascist. Although I think he's overstepped and will get booted in November, the best healing our country could have is for him to lose in a landslide repudiation. Republicans had their turn and need an election cycle or two to wander in the wilderness.

By healing you mean leftists might not loot as much. And if you really hate fascism, you would not support Dem candidates who are far more likely to take such kinds of state actions. I believe Biden has already said he will force people to wear masks.
Waco1947
Hillary was competent, qualified and experienced but in bizarro world that is the GOP she is the wicked witch of the wesh. the gop world is crazy
Waco1947
BaylorFTW
Waco1947 said:

Hillary was competent, qualified and experienced but in bizarro world that is the GOP she is the wicked witch of the wesh. the gop world is crazy
Really? By being the wife of a President and being a terrible Secretary of State? That makes her qualified and experienced to be President? Remember the Dems chose Barack Obama a person with even less experience, competence and qualifications over her. So they obviously didn't think much of her credentials.

And as for her competence, I would wonder how competent she could be with her health issues where she was forced to eliminate speeches and reduce her time available for questions. And of course there was that time where she fell out in public and they had to chuck her in a van like a side of beef. If she was really in good shape, why didn't she run again in 2020?
Username checks out
BaylorFTW said:

fadskier said:

BearTruth13 said:

Trump's designed strategy is to divide and bring out the worst in people.

Yeah, right because Hillary was known for being such a uniter. Have you forgotten her Super Predators comment, or deplorables comment or Benghazi and so on. And when you look at other leftists groups like BLM, they certainly are perfectly fine with dividing people and bring the worst out in people.

Some of your assessments have merit but the entire thing reeks of whataboutism. Do you honestly deny that Trump is actively seeking to divide and conquer the electorate?

Quote:

Jim Mattis had him pegged perfectly in that regard. He has hijacked conservativism into a Trumpism, which - with no hyperbole intended - is eerily fascist. Although I think he's overstepped and will get booted in November, the best healing our country could have is for him to lose in a landslide repudiation. Republicans had their turn and need an election cycle or two to wander in the wilderness.

By healing you mean leftists might not loot as much. And if you really hate fascism, you would not support Dem candidates who are far more likely to take such kinds of state actions. I believe Biden has already said he will force people to wear masks.

No, I mean that having a large scale repudiation of white nationalism would be a good thing for our country. It's long overdue compared to the routine dog whistling and segmentation into "others" our current leader pitifully engages in. If you think a nanny state enforcing health decrees is fascism then you need to hand back in your Baylor degree.
Thee University
Waco1947 said:

Right!!!

She was so confident, qualified and experienced that she lost to Donald Trump.

Now your party is propping up a Weekend at Bernies dementia clone.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

GOP world can be crazy, but not even close to the bat**** crazies on the left.
Sam Lowry
Americans will trust the government to bankrupt our grandchildren or kill thousands of people in an illegal war, but not when they tell us to wear face masks. What a fiercely independent lot we are, indeed.
Jack and DP
blackie said:

wuzzybear said:

FWBear said:

Honestly, Hillary wouldn't have been a good President, but I'm not sure this media/leftist insanity would have taken off had she won. In that respect, maybe we wouldn't be so close to the fringe of self-destruction.
Are you speaking of OUR OWN self-destruction or the USA? You have to know that all the corruption in the FBI, CIA, etc. would have never shown itself and worse, it would continue to this very day. Trump has the kahunas to week these people out but people in his own party are weak. We need 535 Congressional Trumps!
In other words tear up the Constitution, have no rule of law to hold politicians accountable and basically reduce the country to the whims of people that have no experience in dealing with our friends or enemies unheard of in this country and split the country between the haves and have-nots like never before.. It is a nightmare just thinking about it We ended the civil war in 1865, we don't need another.

That may be the country you want. I sure don't. You would have to be watching your back 24x7. It would be worse that Germany in WWII not knowing who was going to rat you out regardless of what you did. Every friend would be nothing more than someone wanting to replace you or what you have. Fortunately the voting public is not that dumb.

You just described the woke cancel culture we now live in.

Drew Brees can't even say he respects the Flag and his grandfathers. Let that sink in.
fadskier

fadskier said:

BearTruth13 said:

Trump's designed strategy is to divide and bring out the worst in people. Jim Mattis had him pegged perfectly in that regard. He has hijacked conservativism into a Trumpism, which - with no hyperbole intended - is eerily fascist. Although I think he's overstepped and will get booted in November, the best healing our country could have is for him to lose in a landslide repudiation. Republicans had their turn and need an election cycle or two to wander in the wilderness.
How is Trumpism (whatever that is) facist? What's rights have people lost? Where's the forcible oppression of the opposition? Where's the strong regimentation of society?
Sorry, dude, you are way off on this. The left is the one that oppresses and calls names, throws rocks, riots, etc
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

You are a Hillarite. The fact that you believe she was competent.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.