Ranger Karen

13,016 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Porteroso
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Something really strange is going on in this country:

Bearitto
The 'Karen meme' is racist. It's not surprising you use it.
Mitch Henessey
Bearitto said:

It is decidedly not racist.
Bearitto
Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

I see. So picking a stereotypical white female name to attribute a single woman's behavior as typical of white women (which is what the meme does) isn't racist?

I guess there wouldn't be so many Karens if not for all the violent Shanaynays, Bonqueefas and Tyrondas. My goodness that sounds a little racist. Hmmmm

Maybe we could ask all those DeShawns, Tyrells and LaMarcuses out there looting to give us their thoughts? Or we could ask their baby mamas?

I bet all the Juans and Pacos out there, cutting grass are kind of pissed the DeShawns get to loot instead of work. The Juanitas and Marias cleaning hotel rooms probably feel the same way.

What's the over/under on these exact analogs to Karen being deleted by the mods? I wonder why.
ValhallaBear
Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

What's the over/under on these exact analogs to Karen being deleted by the mods? I wonder why.
Cuz recruiting????
Malbec

"You hear that Karen?"
Mitch Henessey
Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

I see. So picking a stereotypical white female name to attribute a single woman's behavior as typical of white women (which is what the meme does) isn't racist?

I guess there wouldn't be so many Karens if not for all the violent Shanaynays, Bonqueefas and Tyrondas. My goodness that sounds a little racist. Hmmmm

Maybe we could ask all those DeShawns, Tyrells and LaMarcuses out there looting to give us their thoughts? Or we could ask their baby mamas?

I bet all the Juans and Pacos out there, cutting grass are kind of pissed the DeShawns get to loot instead of work. The Juanitas and Marias cleaning hotel rooms probably feel the same way.

Karen is related to behavior, not race. It just so happens that white women happen to exemplify this entitled, whiny behavior most often, but there can be male Karens (in fact, your post is an excellent example of Karen-like behavior), black Karens, Hispanic Karens, Asian Karens.

Just because white people have begun to be called out for acting like jackasses doesn't make a popular meme ridiculing their outrageous behavior racist.
whitetrash
Is Ranger Karen married to Ranger Rick?

Canada2017
Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

It is absolutely racist .

Not even a close call.
Canada2017
Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Karen is related to behavior, not race. It just so happens that white women happen to exemplify this entitled, whiny behavior most often, but there can be male Karens (in fact, your post is an excellent example of Karen-like behavior), black Karens, Hispanic Karens, Asian Karens.

Just because white people have begun to be called out for acting like jackasses doesn't make a popular meme ridiculing their outrageous behavior racist.

You are a full on racist .
Whiskey Pete
Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

So it would be okay to use Shanyqua instead of Karen - no problem?
Mitch Henessey
Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Cool story, bro. Racist against whom, might I ask?
robby44
Karen is a slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who attempts to get her way or police other people's behaviors.
Mitch Henessey
HashTag said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

I dunno. I'm not aware of the name "Shanyqua" having achieved any level of popularity in this or any other generation. If you want to cite a source that shows it as having reached critical mass amongst some age group, I'm all for data.
robby44
HashTag said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Sure go ahead and use it. I'm sure it will catch on
But I've never once met a woman named Shanyqua (and I grew up in LA)
Canada2017
Mitch Henessey said:

Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

All your 'inferiors' ......you insufferable yuppie .
Mitch Henessey
Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

I'm not sure you know what "racist" means, given the context in which you used it. But you're correct in that I have little tolerance for idiots.
FWBear
Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

lol "Karen isn't racist" [followed by racist remarks].
Canada2017
Mitch Henessey said:

Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

I'm not sure you know what "racist" means in the context in which you used it. But you're correct in that I have little tolerance for idiots.

Amusing

Exactly what is your 'superiority' based on ?

Certainly you must be eminently successful.

Mitch Henessey
FWBear said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

What about what I said was racist? (I'm white, btw).
Mitch Henessey
Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

I'm not sure you know what "racist" means in the context in which you used it. But you're correct in that I have little tolerance for idiots.

Amusing

I never once said I was superior to anyone.
Bearitto
Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Nothing you just wrote there is true.
Canada2017
Mitch Henessey said:

Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Canada2017 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Amusing

I never once said I was superior to anyone.

You certainly give that condescending impression. Come on guy ...what's the justification of your arrogance ?

Mothra
Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

So, can you name an instance when someone OTHER than a white woman has been accused of being a "Karen"?

I'll hang up and listen.
Mothra
Mitch Henessey said:

FWBear said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

What about what I said was racist? (I'm white, btw).
SMH...
robby44
Not sure how the term Karen is racist when it is being used to describe women who commit acts that are perceived to be racist in public, like unjustly calling the police on Black people.
LIB,MR BEARS
Mitch, I agree. Perhaps he is pointing out the ridiculousness of some claims by making an equally ridiculous claim. Just a thought.
Mitch Henessey
Mothra said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

So, can you name an instance when someone OTHER than a white woman has been accused of being a "Karen"?

I'll hang up and listen.
You don't spend much time on Reddit, I presume (don't, it's largely a waste of time). There are a lot of instances of people other than white women being referred to as a Karen. Prime example being the white male insurance salesman who menaced an elderly woman in a FL Costco who asked him why he was not wearing a mask, despite it being store policy. Stereotypical Karen behavior.
Canada2017
robby44 said:

Not sure how the term Karen is racist when it is being used to describe women who commit acts that are perceived to be racist in public, like unjustly calling the police on Black people.

It's a derogatory term used overwhelmingly towards white women .

There are all kinds of racist terms ...that are not acceptable.
Unless of course the recipient is white .
Friscobear
Urban dictionary:

Karen

The stereotypical name associated with rude, obnoxious and insufferable middle aged white women.

Karens take everything wrong with the typical over entitled western woman and crank it up by several thousand percent. They are a mutated subspecies that descends from the Soccer Mom, and have many of their traits. Such as a short temper, a crown bowl haircut, an unnecessarily large SUV to take her kids to soccer practice and be a menace on the road, etc etc. But Karens have developed their own unique characteristics /antics as well. Including but not limited to;

-Reveling in making the life or retail workers a living hell by constantly making a scene over nothing and demanding to "speak to the manager" (a near universal battle cry among Karens).
-Threatening to sue someone for a minor misdemeanor they may or may not have committed and may or may not have even involved Karen at all.
-Treating the drive thru line like the set of a Mad Max film by cutting in line and honking at anyone who tries to get in. Even willing dent other people's cars to save 45 seconds in getting her $1 muffin. (Karens in this situation may or may not ask to speak to the drive thru worker's manager and / or threaten to sue the drivers of the car she just rammed.)
-Being a part of the anti-vax crowd and relying on Essential Oils for the health of their children because of a Facebook post she saw.
-Reading erotica that makes 50 shades of grey look like Hamlet by comparison in public.
robby44
Canada2017 said:

robby44 said:

It's a derogatory term used overwhelmingly towards white women .

There are all kinds of racist terms ...that are not acceptable.
Unless of course the recipient is white .

It's not aimed at all white women.
If someone is exhibiting poor behavior in public and that person gets ridiculed for that behavior I'm not sure how that gets turn around as something derogatory
Mothra
Mitch Henessey said:

Mothra said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

I'll hang up and listen.
You don't spend much time on Reddit, I presume (don't, it's largely a waste of time). There are a lot of instances of people other than white women being referred to as a Karen. Prime example being the white male insurance salesman who menaced an elderly woman in a FL Costco who asked him why he was not wearing a mask, despite it being store policy. Stereotypical Karen behavior.
Uh huh. Post a link.
bear2be2
robby44 said:

And if you're offended by the Karen moniker, you'd really be triggered by some of the more fitting alternatives. The Brits have one they like that starts with a C, but I don't think that would go over very well here.
Mitch Henessey
Mothra said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Mothra said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Bearitto said:

I'll hang up and listen.
Uh huh. Post a link.
I'm going to decline to do so because it's against this site's TOS, but there's an entire subreddit devoted to calling out bad behavior by Karens entitled r/f***youKaren. Knock yourself out perusing it. (Trigger warning: most of the bad behavior there is perpetuated by white, middle-aged women)
Mothra
bear2be2 said:

robby44 said:

And if you're offended by the Karen moniker, you'd really be triggered by some of the more fitting alternatives. The Brits have one they like that starts with a C, but I don't think that would go over very well here.
Do you think its racist for someone to call another black man, "Sambo"? Seems like a pretty apt comparison to the "Karen" moniker:

From Urban Dictionary:

Sambo

a black guy who acts stupid and acts like a fool around white people. He falls to the lowest level of foolishness to get a laugh out of the Caucasian audience.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.