The Next Looming Crisis: Hospital Beds and Doctors Available in 2021?

1,655 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should Donald Trump get reelected, there will be a whole bunch of TDSers snap and go off the deep end and need psychiatric care and counseling. I am very concerned that mental institutions and funny farms will exceed full capacity. Will we have enough beds? Will we have enough doctors to treat all of these people? Should we take steps now to address this next upcoming crisis? What say you?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Username checks out
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Should Donald Trump get reelected, there will be a whole bunch of TDSers snap and go off the deep end and need psychiatric care and counseling. I am very concerned that mental institutions and funny farms will exceed full capacity. Will we have enough beds? Will we have enough doctors to treat all of these people? Should we take steps now to address this next upcoming crisis? What say you?

How many non-trump voters do you personally communicate with?
Whiskey Pete
Username checks out said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

On this board? 3 different posters with 18 different usernames
Username checks out
HashTag said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

On this board? 3 different posters with 18 different usernames

The question was a sincere one and meant personally, not with internet strangers. Hell I'm not even sure some of you nutjobs are even Trumpists, or just pretend ones masterfully in white nationalist disguise (bravo if so).

Seriously, how many people do you break bread with that exists outside your ideological echo chamber?
Gold Tron
I know this thread wasn't serious but we are facing a significant shortage of doctors and nurses. Our current educational systems have not kept up with an increasing AND aging population. Moreover, thanks to people wanting to create a kinder, gentler work environment for residents through the implementation of a maximum hours worked per week, the physicians entering private practice are disillusioned and seem unwilling to work the hours that are actually required.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You are one of them. I know your name and where you live. Out of respect for your privacy, I will just stop right there and leave it at that.

-- Barack Obama
GoneGirl
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I know your name and where you live. Out of respect for your privacy, I will just stop right there and leave it at that.
User, Rd2 thinks you're me.

Several men post on this board under more than name. One troll is particularly egregious about it--he may have more than 5 accounts. When you see lots of likes on a RWNJ post, they're likely him congratulating himself.

I might be the only woman posting here at present, or at least the only poster identifying openly as female.

Many years ago, when this board was still Baylorfans, I set up a male alt-nick, Bored Regent, egged on by my husband and another college friend familiar with this board, to see if the right-wingers would be less critical of my views if they thought I was a man.

Lo and behold, it worked. The hard rightiesintightywhities did't necessary agree with Bored, but they didn't savage him in the quite same way, and certainly not using the same language, they aimed at Jinx.

Because I did that at an experiment to see if my being female made the reactions to my views nastier, and because several posters on this forum have more than one account and regularly conduct public dialogs with themselves in front of a receptive audience here, RD2 has somehow decided you're me.
Jack and DP
Jinx from State Farm, are you wearing Kakhis?
Jack and DP
Mentally weak people are entering the work force in every field. You have to treat them like My Little Pony. So fragile.
Canada2017
Gold Tron said:

I know this thread wasn't serious but we are facing a significant shortage of doctors and nurses. Our current educational systems have not kept up with an increasing AND aging population. Moreover, thanks to people wanting to create a kinder, gentler work environment for residents through the implementation of a maximum hours worked per week, the physicians entering private practice are disillusioned and seem unwilling to work the hours that are actually required.

My doctor is outstanding in every way .
Gold Tron
Canada2017 said:

Gold Tron said:

My doctor is outstanding in every way .

That makes me happy. As a trend, however, the work ethic doesn't seem to be what it once was.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
cms186
Jack and DP said:

Mentally weak people are entering the work force in every field. You have to treat them like My Little Pony. So fragile.
one of them even made it as your current President
I'm the English Guy
Canada2017
cms186 said:

Jack and DP said:

one of them even made it as your current President
Then you should strengthen your own military forces and stop hiding behind those of the United States.
Friscobear
Jinx 2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I know your name and where you live. Out of respect for your privacy, I will just stop right there and leave it at that.
User, Rd2 thinks you're me.

Several men post on this board under more than name. One troll is particularly egregious about it--he may have more than 5 accounts. When you see lots of likes on a RWNJ post, they're likely him congratulating himself.

I might be the only woman posting here at present, or at least the only poster identifying openly as female.

Many years ago, when this board was still Baylorfans, I set up a male alt-nick, Bored Regent, egged on by my husband and another college friend familiar with this board, to see if the right-wingers would be less critical of my views if they thought I was a man.

Lo and behold, it worked. The hard rightiesintightywhities did't necessary agree with Bored, but they didn't savage him in the quite same way, and certainly not using the same language, they aimed at Jinx.

Because I did that at an experiment to see if my being female made the reactions to my views nastier, and because several posters on this forum have more than one account and regularly conduct public dialogs with themselves in front of a receptive audience here, RD2 has somehow decided you're me.
Any increase in perceived acrimony is probably due more to posters being familiar with you and your views versus a new poster. Not a great study.

To get better results you'd need to start two accounts at the same time and start posting similar views to see if there are any differences.

There are plenty of liberal male posters that get treated harshly.
Username checks out
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You might want to be careful before you go dox an innocent civilian, but measure and thoughtfulness have never been hallmarks of Trumpists.

You also seriously need to sync up with your white nationalist butt buddy Canada, he is convinced I am the ghost of a scorned lover.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You might want to be careful before you go dox an innocent civilian, but measure and thoughtfulness have never been hallmarks of Trumpists.

You also seriously need to sync up with your white nationalist butt buddy Canada, he is convinced I am the ghost of a scorned lover.
I am not going to dox anyone on this board. I know quite a few folks here personally but most of them would rather remain anonymous for various reasons, and I respect that.

We have about five liberal posters on the R & P board and one poster posting under no less than six screen names. You are one of those screen names. Don't worry. Your anonymity is safe with me, unless I have to answer a supeona.

-- Barack Obama
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.