Yuri Bezmenov was right

1,097 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EatMoreSalmon
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack and DP
Canada2017
Its much worse than that .

We have at least 3 generations of individuals raised 'sort of ' by single parents .

Under trained , undisciplined and incredibly entitled . Loaded with debt, frustrated beyond words with their own mediocrity yet determined to blame others for their self destructive choices.

And social media gives them all a national pulpit .
BaylorFTW
Canada2017 said:

We have at least 3 generations of individuals raised 'sort of ' by single parents .

Under trained , undisciplined and incredibly entitled . Loaded with debt, frustrated beyond words with their own mediocrity yet determined to blame others for their self destructive choices.

This is fine but this part here contradicts itself a bit especially in the aggregate.

"Under trained , undisciplined and incredibly entitled . Loaded with debt, frustrated beyond words with their own mediocrity yet determined to blame others for their self destructive choices. "

The self destructive choices were made first by the parents resulting in many single parent raising and having a more wicked environment that the children grew up in. This led to the children being under trained, undisciplined and incredibly entitled and the rest. People need positive role models and without them, we can't be shocked that many children grow up to make "self destructive choices." In fact, I would say they are simply emulating their parents who showed them examples of self destructive choices to follow. And our media, companies, entertainment (Hollywood, Netflix, Pop music, etc.) and government often celebrate dysfunctional examples too.

Canada2017
BaylorFTW said:

Canada2017 said:

This is fine but this part here contradicts itself a bit especially in the aggregate.

"Under trained , undisciplined and incredibly entitled . Loaded with debt, frustrated beyond words with their own mediocrity yet determined to blame others for their self destructive choices. "

The self destructive choices were made first by the parents resulting in many single parent raising and having a more wicked environment that the children grew up in. This led to the children being under trained, undisciplined and incredibly entitled and the rest. People need positive role models and without them, we can't be shocked that many children grow up to make "self destructive choices." In fact, I would say they are simply emulating their parents who showed them examples of self destructive choices to follow. And our media, companies, entertainment (Hollywood, Netflix, Pop music, etc.) and government often celebrate dysfunctional examples too.

Agreed
Booray
I don't know what the outtakes are supposed to prove. The students either responded with essentially" "Whatever, you claim whatever you want to claim-it doesn't affect me" or "I would ask you questions about it because what you are saying conflicts with what I am seeing."

Both answers seem logical to me and in no way demonstrate any sort of entitlement. They questions and answers are completely divorced from any sort of economic theory, Basically the whole clip seems unsupported and stupid.

Quote:

The counts of the indictment are luxury, bad manners, contempt for authority, disrespect to elders, and a love for chatter in place of exercise.
Quote:

Children began to be the tyrants, not the slaves, of their households. They no longer rose from their seats when an elder entered the room; they contradicted their parents, chattered before company, gobbled up the dainties at table, and committed various offences against Hellenic tastes, such as crossing their legs. They tyrannised over the paidagogoi and schoolmasters

Originally attributed to Socrates but probably some other Greek wise man. People have been complaining about the youth forever, somehow the world keeps spinning.

For more: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-young-people-ruining-everything

https://historyhustle.com/2500-years-of-people-complaining-about-the-younger-generation/

https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/28169/what-is-the-oldest-authentic-example-of-people-complaining-about-modern-times-an
Justin Kates

-Justin Kates
BaylorFTW
ATL Bear
Booray said:

I don't know what the outtakes are supposed to prove. The students either responded with essentially" "Whatever, you claim whatever you want to claim-it doesn't affect me" or "I would ask you questions about it because what you are saying conflicts with what I am seeing."

Both answers seem logical to me and in no way demonstrate any sort of entitlement. They questions and answers are completely divorced from any sort of economic theory, Basically the whole clip seems unsupported and stupid.

Quote:

The counts of the indictment are luxury, bad manners, contempt for authority, disrespect to elders, and a love for chatter in place of exercise.
Quote:

Children began to be the tyrants, not the slaves, of their households. They no longer rose from their seats when an elder entered the room; they contradicted their parents, chattered before company, gobbled up the dainties at table, and committed various offences against Hellenic tastes, such as crossing their legs. They tyrannised over the paidagogoi and schoolmasters

Originally attributed to Socrates but probably some other Greek wise man. People have been complaining about the youth forever, somehow the world keeps spinning.

For more: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-young-people-ruining-everything

https://historyhustle.com/2500-years-of-people-complaining-about-the-younger-generation/

https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/28169/what-is-the-oldest-authentic-example-of-people-complaining-about-modern-times-an
The empire that Socrates and the other Greek wisemen were a part of was destroyed, which is the point. Heeding the warnings is a logical step in evaluating the future of our own nation. There are dozens of examples to reflect on. Addressing it within the structure of a free society is particularly difficult.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

The empire that Socrates and the other Greek wisemen were a part of was destroyed, which is the point. Heeding the warnings is a logical step in evaluating the future of our own nation. There are dozens of examples to reflect on. Addressing it within the structure of a free society is particularly difficult.
Calling the Greeks an empire is a stretch to begin with: they were pretty independent. I doubt that the loss to the Romans 500 years after Socrates died had much to do with the lack of respect the youngsters were showing back then. And even if one considered the Greeks an empire that fell to the Romans because of lax discipline, the Greeks still won the war of ideas as the Romans co-opted much of what they believe and how they did business. Many of those ideas still animate western Culture two centuries later.
ATL Bear
Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

Quote:

Quote:

Calling the Greeks an empire is a stretch to begin with: they were pretty independent. I doubt that the loss to the Romans 500 years after Socrates died had much to do with the lack of respect the youngsters were showing back then. And even if one considered the Greeks an empire that fell to the Romans because of lax discipline, the Greeks still won the war of ideas as the Romans co-opted much of what they believe and how they did business. Many of those ideas still animate western Culture two centuries later.
Conquerors always take the good parts and take advantage of the bad ones, which is what the Romans did, and the Saxons from the Romans, we from the English, etc. (not that that's a precise timeline). And if empire distracted you, then I'll swap to Greek society and culture, some of which survived, some of which was destroyed, and some of which contributed to its destruction.

And it isn't about the youth, but what the youth develop into as adults, and the ideals they have as a foundation for their mature pursuits.
Doc Holliday
Awesome thread on how Marxism effects capitalism:

Booray
Doc Holliday said:

I am pretty sure we all understand that Marxism is not good for capitalism.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

I am pretty sure we all understand that Marxism is not good for capitalism.
Nobody is going stop the growth of Marxism in America If we don't address it. It grows every generation. Congress is starting to echo it. How many more in Congress Will echo it in 10 years?

It's totally gone mainstream.

We should speak out against it now before it's too late. You understand it's bad, but you're vastly outnumbered. More people want Marxist changes to society than people against Marxism.

Most colleges teach in that style now. Graduates are expected to uphold Marxist values in their careers. Its going to infect everything.

History shows us common sense doesn't stop Marxism. It shows that it spreads like a virus.
EatMoreSalmon
Marxism, Fascism, Despotism, Absolute Monarchy... whatever you want to call it. They are all a version of totalitarianism where the VERY few rule the many. All preach they will end the (insert present societal ills both real and perceived) to get to the ideal society of (insert the lack of the previous ills). It is a play for power so that they can be in charge of rearranging the furniture how they want, get rid of anything they deem as trash, and enjoy the best fruits of said society as the payment for their "hard work." Any disagreement in the end will be cowered and crushed.

History is replete with this pattern for long ages.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.